Limoncello - West Chester
9 North Walnut Street
West Chester, PA 19380Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Limoncello - West Chester
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limoncellowc.com/
- Phone: (610) 436-6230
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11am - 10pm
Friday: 11am - 11pm
Saturday: 12pm - 11pm
Sunday: 4pm - 9pm
Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 6:30pm
$2 OFF COCKTAILS
$3 SELECTED BOTTLE & DRAFTS BEERS
$6 SELECTED WINES BY THE GLASS
HALF OFF GOURMET PIZZAS
HALF OFF APPETIZERS
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
$9.95 + tax
includes a soft beverage
Sunday - Monday - Tuesday
$5.00 Corkage Fee
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Paul Mingrino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specializing in Weddings, Graduations, Corporate Events, and Family Celebrations, our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service anywhere. We'll guide you through every step of the event and provide our own professional servers and bartenders to help make your event memorable. If you love Limoncello, consider us for catering your next event.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Banquet Room holds up to 100 guests.
- Special Events: In-house banquet events are held on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 12pm - 4pm. Perfect for your next baby or bridal shower!
A word from Limoncello - West Chester
All the acclaim aside, Limoncello is run by a family that is loyal to its customers. We want to ensure that every time you come in you feel part of something special. The Mingrino family is faithful to their customers and are always bringing you good food, good drinks, and good times. Limoncello caters to private functions and banquets such as bridal and baby showers, anniversaries, birthdays and other social events. Our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service to your home or your preferred venue. We'll guide you through every step of the event and provide our own professional servers and bartenders to make your event memorable. If you love Limoncello, consider us for catering your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Limoncello - West Chester - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Limoncello - West Chester reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (97)special occasion (92)hot spot (84)great for outdoor dining (79)vibrant bar scene (70)good for groups (66)notable wine list (52)romantic (46)great for lunch (39)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (12)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)Show More
- DisappointedRobLazDined on 11/26/2014Very disappointed in the new menu. I'm a vegetarian and had a choice of one thing. My favorite dish in the past was the Eggplant and Gorgonzola Ravioli. It was my daughters favorite too and she's not a vegetarian. And now it's gone. And so are we. Seth did a good job.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2014Service was outstanding. Everyone was satisfied with dinner selection. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordered but Never ServedMikeDined on 11/22/2014I ordered a soup for which I was charged and never served. Unfortunately, and admittedly this is my responsibility, I did not check the bill before paying, as I was engaged in conversation with friends. I even left the server a twenty-five percent tip. But it was not until I arrived home that I realized the error. So it soured the whole experience. As I said, I bear some responsibility for this because I did not check the bill before paying and forgot about the soup until I arrived home. Still I am there to enjoy myself and relax. I am not there to be on guard about such things.
- Table service was outstanding.scotfreeDined on 11/22/2014Four star service rating only because we waited 40 minutes after our reservation for a table. But there's a reason people hang around. Great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bloves2cookDined on 11/21/2014outstanding food and menu selections all the wat fom appetizers to dessert! service was excellent. seating was a little congested and tight which made noise level high so if your looking for a quiet romatic evening might not be the best choice. free limoncello served at the end was complimentary and delicious! highly recommend if you love italian!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToddDined on 11/17/2014Our evening began very early - 5:30 PM, but we were a bit taken aback that we were the only people in the dining area. The service was quite nice and the food was extraordinary as it has been at Limoncello for me on two other occassions. Substitutions were graciously offered for health preferences, and dinner was served very quickly as desired because of a rushed schedule. The evening could not have been much more pleassant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BustlingBethDined on 11/14/2014Great food but very loud and a bit crowded. Our table of 6 was wedged in between another table and the door, we were squished and the waitstaff is squished as well. But the server was great, and the food was great. The grilled seafood appetizer was so amazing.Special Features:
- Dining with friendsCindy3Dined on 11/14/2014Great evening and perfect place to meet up with good friends. Service was excellent as was the food. We sat and dined with friends we had not seen in a long time and never were rushed. Table ready when we arrived early and were reseated immediately. Lots of conversation so not quiet on a Friday night but did not interfere with hearing. Accommodated request for seating not in center of the room. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Munch A Buncha AntipastaJohnHDined on 11/13/2014Terrific service. Excellent lunch menu. Create your own antipasta to share with dining companions for a real treat. Our party of four were pleased with the entre' selections we made. No complaints about this restaraunt. Although this comment is not directed at Limmoncello, we all complained at the difficulty in finding parking spaces. Downtown West Chester is a disaster. We arrived at 1:30 and still had difficulty parking. This can be said of all downtown dining experiences during prime time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Satisfied CustomerDBWC24Dined on 11/8/2014We were seated promptly. Our server was on point, made perfect recommendations, wasn't too pushy, and knew exactly when to check on us. The food was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. The portions were very large and made for plentiful leftovers the next night for dinner. The only reason this restaurant is not receiving an Outstanding star is because the noise level was a little high, and the restaurant could use a little bit more room between the tables. Other than that it was an extremely pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Still a favLuv2eatDined on 11/8/2014Still love Limoncello, but our table was up against the former entrance and a nice cold draft ran over our feet!!! I go for the food so next time I will ask not to be seated there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2eatDined on 11/8/2014This is a great place tucked away in the middle of a college town. The restaurant is small and the tables are extremely close together so this would not be a place for an intimate dinner. You will be able to hear conversations of your neighbors. The food was outstanding and the service was outstanding. The portion sizes are huge!! I would recommend this restaurant if you are looking for great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Chester EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Great place to stop and hang. Great meal and plentiful, but the service was really slow. The waiters were great...it just took a long time to get the food.Special Features:
- Credit Card ChargeFrankAlex61Dined on 11/1/2014I have to contact my credit card company because the server added an additional $10 tip. I had ordered a bottle of wine and had the bottle transferred to the tables bill. However, I tipped the bartender in cash. So I didn't see it appropriate to tip the waiter for something that was already paid for. Other then that Limoncello didn't disappoint.Special Features:
- Another Amazing MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014As it always has been, just a solid, consistent, wonderful place to eat.Special Features:
- Always great!ajbinusaDined on 11/1/2014Dinner for 4 on Saturday night. Met friends we had not seen in a while and the service staff was excellent. Tried some daily specials, drinks, and was not rushed to leave. Thanks for a nice evening out? Parking across the street is $5 or find a meter for 3 hrs @ $3.75 on the street.Special Features:
- loveitalianfoodloveitalianfoodDined on 10/25/2014We love this restaurant! Always so consistent...the food is wonderful!Special Features:
- Amazing food, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Not good for groups though. They crammed 8 of us into a corner. Felt like we were in NYC. Not fun. The noise was awful too, couldn't hear what someone 2 people next to you said. Exposed brick is pretty but not practical! But the food is so good it makes up for that. Service was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great down to the LimoncelloMSB135Dined on 10/24/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by good friends of ours who celebrated their son's graduation from West Chester University there. The food and service were both outstanding. The Crab and Avocado appetizer was amazing, and the calamari appetizer was one of the best I've ever had, served with three dipping sauces. The three of us split a wonderful Insalata alla Dina that had pears, gorgonzola cheese, glazed walnuts, and prosciutto, and was big enough for all of us. My daughter's Penne Vodka entre was incredible, as was my Chicken Messina, and my wife's Lobster Ravioli. We were too full for dessert, but the complimentary limoncello topped off the meal perfectly!Special Features:
- TightDadeoDined on 10/21/2014Tables are too tight. Feels like you are having dinner with 2 other couplesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfoodizgreatDined on 10/21/2014This was my first time at Limoncello. My risotto special was fabulous! Service was very good and was not forced out to make room for a new reservation. I will return with my husband!Special Features:
- Lotta NoiseNolovelostVIPDined on 10/21/2014There are two dining rooms here, a lower and an upper. It appeared that the upper one might have been quieter, but the lower one was fill, and with low ceilings and bare floors the place was way too noisy
- Great meal, alwaysStephDined on 10/19/2014I live just ten minutes from Limoncello and always find an excuse to go. Whether you are going on a date, or going with your family, you can't go wrong! Portions are very large, and service is usually on top of everything. This particular night our server was just OK. Sunday-Tuesday you can BYOB for a $5 cork fee. Happy hour is really great too...if you can get a seat!Special Features:
- Never Fails ...RagtymVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten here many times and cannot find any meal even remotely off of excellent. Their calamari is about the best in the world - never had it less than tender and delicious. Meatballs are authentic and the overall presentation is great - such a perfect setting in the borough of West Chester!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Great Dinner ExperienceWCUAlumniDined on 10/18/2014I had a few family members visiting for the night and I knew Limoncello was the place to go for an delicious meal. We all ordered something different and nibbled off each other's plates. The food was really good and our server was super nice. My only complaint is the wait in getting our table. We had a 7:15 reservation and didn't get seated till 7:45. I understand a couple minutes or so but half an hour seems a bit abnormal. The hostesses didn't even come over to say anything or let us know the status of our table. Nonetheless, we still had a really great dinner. The food is worth the wait. (just would rather not wait THAT long with a reservation. Ha!)Special Features:
- limoncello cake!LfstuffDined on 10/18/2014Good Italian food! Great service, but 'way too noisy for me. Outside dining is available and much quieter. The limoncello cake is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Italian DinnercamomDined on 10/18/2014We dined at Lemoncello Saturday night with 3 teenagers-all of us loved our meals!! The waiter was super friendly and made sure the kids got exactly what they wanted. The wine list is fabulous but the lemoncello as the after dinner drink is a great way to end a delicious and fun meal!!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem!!Foodie1Dined on 10/18/2014Had a fantastic experience!!! Very lively, delish food, great wine list, wonderful service and great specials of the day!Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Great food. Excellent service. Friendly staff accommodated our needs. Had a great time with friends. A bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/14/2014generous portions - and great food! I had the calamari salad and it was seasoned well, big enough for an entrée. Every person in our party loved their meal and everyone ordered something differentSpecial Features:
- Great eveningAmyDVIPDined on 10/14/2014I really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The half price menu was great and I got a great salad and pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bbaruOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Limoncello came highly recommended by many friends so I chose it for a recent birthday lunch. My friend had been previously and said she thought it was so so but I still wanted to try it out. The main dining room was crowded and lacked the cozy, intimate, upscale feel I had anticipated. That said, the outdoor dining area is spacious and inviting with just the right number of tables to seat several parties without feeling cramped. The lunch menu featured many offerings but I was surprised no wood burning oven pizza. The buffet, which I was told was their most popular selection, look tired and unappetizing. Our servers were pleasant but overcharged for our beverages. Overall, a fine but not fabulous experience.Special Features:
- Excellent!FoodieXXXDined on 10/10/2014I'm a frequent visitor to Limoncello but brought three out-of-towners who had never been there before. It was a hit and they all raved about the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningWCkevinDined on 10/10/2014i entertained friends from San Diego. We ended up having 11 for dinner. I changed the reservation 3 times and each time they were even friendlier and accommodating. One of my guests travels fir a living and said it was his best Italian meal ever. Our table was ready the minute we walked in. Our service was impeccable(a server got on his hands and knees to fix a slightly wobbling table. The food was awesome as usual. I didn't think I could rave any more about this place than I have already but they stepped up their game even more. I could not have been more pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service-Good mealavalon26Dined on 10/8/2014Richard, our server was great and our meal quite good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This time was disappointingMariangelaDined on 10/4/2014We have always enjoyed dining at both Limoncello locations. This time the pork chop was pounded very thin and was dry. The tomato sauce was under cooked. My husband's veal chop was just OK. It will be quite a while till we return.Special Features:
- BuntzVIPDined on 10/1/2014Limoncello offers consistently very good Italian food and plenty of it; we always have enough for lunch the next day or perhaps even dinner. We ate outside on a pleasant evening, away from the noise that is usually present inside, and enjoyed it very much. We started with complimentary bruschetta and finished with complimentary Limoncello liqueur. In between, the mussels were very good as were the halibut and lobster risotto entrees. Lisa's service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experienceslf270Dined on 9/28/2014Happily the weather was perfect for sitting outside to enjoy our first time at Limoncello. Service was really good (Andrew was our waiter, and we had additional wait staff to keep our glasses filled with water). We liked their twist on a Bellini and their Limoncello martini. They made a small salad to order, as the menu salads seemed very generous. Entrees were super (Red Snapper special and the Shrimp and Crab Meat Fra Diavolo). Definitely want to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must GoenjoygoodfoodDined on 9/28/2014We heard good things about your restaurant and decided to take my brother there for his birthday - what a wonderful experience. This time we took our foodie son and his girlfriend. They are still talking about the food (presentation and taste), inviting atmosphere and top-notch service. You are 5 stars in our book. See you soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed Limoncello on Saturday night. The food was delicious as always and our server was very helpful and kind. We always recommend Limoncello and will continue to.