32 Franklin Tpke.
Waldwick, NJ 07463Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.limoncellonj.com/
- Phone: (201) 652-5577
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Daily: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant
- Catering: private parties
- Private Party Facilities: private parties
A word from Limoncello Restaurant
LIMONCELLO RISTORANTE fine italian cuisineContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limoncello Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (3)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Best bolognese sauce I've had!Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 11/17/2014So glad we heard about this restaurant through restaurant.com! Food was great, service very nice, real old world charm! My pappardelle bolognese was one of the best I've ever had and my wife thoroughly enjoyed her veal dish. The side of sautéed spinach was delicious and the homemade Tartuffo exceptional! We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/7/2014Ok if you're looking for a quick bite. Nothing special.
- Friday at LimoncellohkfromnewcityDined on 10/24/2014Never been disappointed with the food or service! Always accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make a reservation for sure!RobbieDined on 9/11/2014Busy neighborhood restaurant worth stopping in (make sure you have a weekend reservation or plan a week night when it is quieter). The staff work very hard here to bring your dinners out hot. Bring your own.Special Features:
- Needs to be more consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I want to love this place but the food is just not consistent. You can order the same dish each time and find it appears and tastes different each time. I do not understand why, as I find other restaurants that are more consistent. Also, needs upgrade on presentation. Service is accommodating and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsEileenDined on 8/6/2014We were greeted cordially. Service was good. Waiter was knowledgeable about the menu. Food was very, very good. We got our money's worth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dueceDined on 8/2/2014Food was OK, but the service was very slow, granted it was a Saturday night and very busy. The wait staff seemed to be very inexperienced. As a matter of fact, the owner's wife told us that her sons were waitering that night, so maybe that is why the service seemed uneven. It was very noisy and the tables seemed close together. We were seated as soon as we arrived and gave our reservation to the hostess. For a local neighborhood restaurant I would recommend going on a weekday night when it wouldn't be as crowded and possibly the service a little better.Special Features:
- K3fornowDined on 8/1/2014Small and cozy BYOB. Service was very good and very attentive. Owner came over several times. Food was very good. I would recommend the appy : Ginger calamari and main course was seafood risotto. Good size portions and very tasty. Will recommend to others.Special Features:
- great menu and specials...LindalouVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great food and service. Love their Bolognese sauce!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Limoncello Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Food, Good ValueNJDinerDined on 6/29/2014Limoncello's has become one of our local favorites. The food is good, the menu good, and the service attentive--but not annoying. The owner (?) always seems to be on premises--checking to see if things are going okay and to his credit sometimes helping out. Has become popular so our large group had to wait a while--even tho' we had a reservation,Special Features:
- A Great Findmam346Dined on 6/22/2014This was our second time to Limoncello and we weren't disappointed. We had a rather noisy bunch and a group that takes their time ordering because they are so busy talking. The staff was attentive without being overly so. The food was fantastic, try as many appetizers as you can, everyone raved about the rock shrimp and the mussels. I am usually not a huge fan of calamari but theirs is fantastic. We will definitely be coming back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mpd1313Dined on 6/21/2014My wife and I have dined several times at Lemoncello with the same result - excellent service and good food. It was the first experince for friends of ours and they really enjoyed it. We definitely will return.Special Features:
- A++hiddengemsDined on 6/12/2014First time dinning here. A little bit of an older crowd- delicious food and great service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LimoncellohkfromnewcityDined on 6/3/2014Having eaten here at least 10 times over the last year and a half, I have yet to be disappointed. Food is good esp the chicken with poached pear. Both staff and management are very accommodating. Frequently, a I have found the staff placing some appetizer on our table, gratis. Noise levels are low enough so that conversations can easily take place with dinner companions. Prices are reasonable and it is a BYOB. I have never felt rushed and dinner is a true social experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- davieDined on 5/11/2014Good food, good service. Complimentary limoncello a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DisappontmentBrenVIPDined on 5/11/2014The food was delicious. The service was unprofessional, slow, unapologetic. Not one server, hostess, host looked like they wanted to be there. Expressionless. It was more like a funeral. Our party was disappointed in the total dining experience. It was Mother's Day. This is not a new restaurant, so they should be prepared for high volume at their restaurant. Also, the restaurant needs some serious updating with their décor.Special Features:
- Excellent Food with Family WarmthPTMReviewDined on 4/20/2014My fiancee and I ate an early Easter dinner at Limoncello, which is a family-run restaurant. We were greeted warmly and treated very well even though they were extremely busy! The food was excellent. BYOB.Special Features:
- Surpassed expectations.QuirkyBlackManVIPDined on 4/12/2014One of the best Italian meals that we've had outside of Italy. Great service, food and presentation. A must visit if you want a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.