81801 Overseas Highway
Islamorada, FL 33036Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cheeca.com/dining-a-entertainment.html
- Phone: 3056644651
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bader Ali
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (bar only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Limoncello
Limoncello, featuring traditional Italian cuisine served in true Cheeca fashion using the freshest ingredients and polished casual service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limoncello reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- lenaDined on 8/7/2014It was a special anniversary. My seafood pasta was ok. My husband's chicken parm was awful. Bottled red sauce. It is in an expensive hotel But it was convenient to the restaurant Would not eat there or stay there. Way over prived and over ratedSpecial Features:
- Good foodwannababeachbumDined on 6/15/2014Having spent the day at the beach, we didn't feel like "going out" for dinner and Italian sounded like a great choice. I had the clam linguini and my husband had the shrimp scampi. My linguine was a little too al dente for my taste, but my husband's was perfection. The service was prompt and our waitress was very attentive, however there were only two other parties in the restaurant at the time so it may be a different experience on a busy night. We shared the gelato sundae for dessert and the house made tiramisu gelato was fantastic! All in all the food was delicious, and I would recommend dining there at least once during your stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but overpricedJaLinDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant is part of Cheeca Lodge resort. Like most resort restaurants it was overpriced. It cost over $100 for my husband and myself. We each had a glass of wine, soup and the Chicken Parm entree. Food was good but not exceptional. Service was very good and ambiance was nice.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Limoncello reviews archive.
- ServiceSLK1973Dined on 11/17/2013This was our first time at this restaurant. The location at Cheeca Lodge was amazing. Our waitress, Sheri was wonderful! She really took care of us and especially all the accommodations she made for our children!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paradise!HenryDined on 10/19/2013Definitely a great place to eat. Our server was extremely friendly and attentive to our needs. The food was outstanding for both my wife and myself. Extremely satisfied and would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Just eh.......LuvItalianfoodDined on 7/5/2013Had high expectations based on hype from the Resorts website, but food was very average. Ordered a "special" and it was anything but.............Server was friendly and attentive, but food quality was lacking. Could have gotten similar fare at Olive Garden..........
- Don't Miss the Short Rib Ravioli.Culinary4uDined on 6/17/2013Great dish with a fantastic demi-glace . The portion can be shared so you can enjoy other dishes that are fantastic. Our server was fantastic and I believe it was Katey. We also dined in the Sushi Restaurant and the food was fantastic. Gabriella did a great job. This gem in Islamorada and worth the hunt. It is nice that you can dine at the Cheeca Lodge and Spa with out being an overnight guest. If you can swing the resort overnight the staff is all great. everyone from the front gate to the service staff is well trained and accommodating with great hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinner at LinocellojdwtavernierDined on 5/5/2013Our special occasion was the 50th anniversary of our first date. We were asked in advance in there was a special occasion;. The setting in palm trees on the beach was romantic. We were seated away from the lightly noisy pool ( the children left at 7PM). Our evening started with somewhat pricey but large and perfectly made Martinis by Tim, the bartender. The waiter, Brian, was attentive and knowledgeable. We were served leisurely, as we requested. The food was excellent. When we declined desserts, Brian informed us that it was his treat. Our serving plate was decorated with a chocolate good wishes on our anniversary. The total bill was less than expected an only 10-15% more than the local fish restaurants.Special Features:
- Intimate dining at a firstjaymieDined on 2/16/2013Intimate dining at a first class resort. Going back with the kids in the summer!
- We enjoyed a wonderful ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We enjoyed a wonderful Valentines dinner. The server gave each lady a rose for the holiday. The food was excellent, if small portions. Great wine.Special Features:
- One of the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Fabulous food! The service was great! Very attentive staff and extremely timely. I would definitely eat here again and again.Special Features:
- 5 Solid StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012Limoncello at Cheeca Lodge and Spa offers great food, service and ambiance. We enjoyed dining there two nights while staying at Cheeca. Pricing is very reasonable with the quality food and level of service that of a high end restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent all around. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012Excellent all around. Great waiter, view, food, ambiance!Special Features:
- wonderful dinner followedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012wonderful dinner followed by an awesome gelato for dessert!! Had a wonderful Father Day Eve Dinner!!Special Features:
- Food was very good, exceptOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2012Food was very good, except for the meager seafood risotto, which had three medium sized shrimp and one scallop. The indoor dining room is a bit small but the tables are spread out so it is not crowded. The coconut gelato is amazing. I would have given a better food rating if there were more shrimp and or scallops.Special Features:
- Hmmm...a different name forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2012Hmmm...a different name for this restaurant is in order as it is not really Italian. Sure, there are dishes with Italian names, but the feeling is not really there. Food was passable at best. Perhaps they need to focus more on a blended culinary theme, Italian and Florida Keys flavors combined. Beautiful location--an indoor/outdoor layout, planted beautifully, lighted well.
- HungryGladiatorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2012Went to Limoncello for lack of basically any other viable Italian choices in Islamorada, after a full week of eating steak and fish day and night. Atmosphere was nice, but Cheeca seems to be taking on Resort status which naturally comes with kids running around...which is OK, just don't expect romantic or anything. The hostess was kind of rude, closed a swinging door in my face, and kept on rolling. She then asked if we would be having wine, then answered 'no' for us before we replied. That gave us a laugh. Service was good, food OK but not spectacular, but the waitress brought me an entree I didn't order, which I ate anyway in te interest of expediency. All in all not bad, but Islamorada isn't the Italian food capital of Florida for sure.Special Features:
- Great place within the CheecaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2012Great place within the Cheeca Lodge resort. Family friendly. Good food. Great waterfront views.Special Features:
- Our experience was disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/11/2012Our experience was disappointing. Food overpriced and not cooked correctly. Pasta was rubbery, had to be sent back to kitchen and came back same way. Only good thing about experience was server, Lisa and manager, Nikki, who were quite apologetic and wanted to make it up to us.Special Features:
- We had a surprisingly averageOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2011We had a surprisingly average dining experience in a beautifully appointed restaurant at Limoncello. Service was average, as was the salad. Our entrees were very good. The gelato for dessert was delicious, but the coffee we ordered to accompany it never arrived, and we did not see our waitress again until she briefly appeared with our bill. She never returned to take the check. We had to flag down another staff member to finally pay. Prices were probably average for a resort area but high in relation to our overall experience. We departed with a definite air of disappointment.
- Great food and great service...BobMDined on 10/31/2011After over indulging in seafood for the previous seven days we really looked forward to a nice Italian meal and we were not disappointed. The service was great and our waitress was a delight. To top it all off the Limoncello gelato was to die for.Special Features:
- Food was absolutely delicious!fonduefanVIPDined on 9/30/2011Food was absolutely delicious! Restaurant was outside overlooking a beachside bar and the ocean. We happened to go at sunset and it was incredibly romantic.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/17/2011We celebrated our anniversary dinner here...the location - Cheeca Lodge - is gorgeous...the food and service however did not reflect the place. One main waitress with lots assisting but not really doing much...food was OK...told the waitress I had dairy issued but was not warned that my entire dish was cream based which was not indicated on menu...we had a lovely time but overall experience was just OK nothing special as we had hoped for!
- By far, our best dining experienceJMillerVIPDined on 8/12/2011By far, our best dining experience of the year and one of the few bright spots during our stay at Cheeca Lodge. Our server was sensational. She provided truly personalized services to the point we felt as if we were her only table. Her recommendations were honest and spot on. After we finished an amazing dinner, she brought us a sampler of about 10 different gelatos and some Limeoncello. The gelato was so good, that we had to order more. I can't say enough about the incredible experience we had. My hope is that the restaurant sees this and realizes what an incredible employee they have and allow her to train the staff at both restaurants at Cheeca Lodge. Our other dining experiences at Cheeca Lodge was significantly sub par.Special Features:
- The last time I was there,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/11/2011The last time I was there, the menu was excellent. However, now it has changed. I would not recomend or go back until the selection is improved.Special Features:
- The only negative is thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2011The only negative is that it was very cold in the restaurant with the air conditioning but everything else was spectacular.Special Features:
- The area was so cold my wifeJeffVIPDined on 4/17/2011The area was so cold my wife wanted to leave as soon as we got there. Prices seemed a little high. Tomatoes and meatballs were outstanding. Our server was very friendly.
- The food was truly ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2011The food was truly Italian authentic. All our plates were delicious and plenty of food. We took home leftovers. We had a side salad which could have been a main dish, the polenta apptizer was huge and wonderful, we had the mushroom raviolis and the pasta carbonara, both were out of this world. we will definitely be back !!Special Features:
- Really terrific! Fun andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2011Really terrific! Fun and energetic team of service staff. Food was authentic,simple, yet delecious and a wine selection to match any taste. We will be back.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2011I found Limoncello to be delightful, the food fresh and vibrant and the service friendly and inviting. The views are fantastic! Surprisingly, the prices are reasonable even though this restaurant is located in Cheeca. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Loved the restaurant. BeautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/24/2011Loved the restaurant. Beautiful waterfront setting. Very romantic.Special Features:
- Limoncello opened severalCharlesVIPDined on 1/14/2011Limoncello opened several weeks ago at Cheeca Lodge, it is in a nice new space but is flat out awful. The service was nice enough but unrefined and the food was terrible. The Cioppino was a mess of a special, my pasta dish had a sauce that was not done right and my pasta was hard; not al dente but well undercooked. The chicken Romano was a deep overfried chicken breast and oozed oil. The gelato which was a specialty was mediocre. Wine list is resort overpriced (and they did not have the wine I ordered in stock) but the bottled water was good, except for the fact that when the service staff was attentive they constantly tried to refill my glass with tap. I would avoid this restaurant at ALL cost, it should be replaced soon. Total disaster.
- Nice new, if slightly pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2010Nice new, if slightly pricy Sushi restaurant in Islamorada! Our waiter was quick and attentive and since we had mentioned it was our anniversary, when we passed on dessert, he brought a lovely plate anyway with a few chocolate dipped strawberries and the words "Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate. It was a sweet, personal touch!Special Features:
- Good sushi in a nice setting.BethVIPDined on 4/1/2010Good sushi in a nice setting. The issue is service--the food does not come out in any semblance of order (two people in our group of six got salads while the other four waited for 15 minutes for theirs). Sushi came out sporatically (2 pieces of eel sushi came out first and 1 hour later we got the other 2). The hotel needs to fix this and if it did we would give it 4 starsSpecial Features:
- A very special place. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/20/2010A very special place. Food was to die for and our sever very attuned to the types of sushi.Special Features:
- It was everything I've heardOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2010It was everything I've heard - wonderful. The sushi was above par and creative. Excellent, informative waitress.Special Features:
- Great place to go for a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2010Great place to go for a nice lunch with the girls or a romantic and slow paced dinner. Very relaxed!Special Features:
- a BIT SLOW, AND MENU WAS SOMEWHATJlcooperDined on 12/31/2009a BIT SLOW, AND MENU WAS SOMEWHAT CONFUSING. WE ORDERED THE TEMPURA AND GOT A TEMPURA ROLL WHICH WE HADN'T REALIZED WAS WHAT WE CHECKED. tHE ACTUAL TEMPURA WAS THE BEST THOUGH. WAITRESS NEEDED MORE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT WINE/CHAMPAGNE AND WAS CUTE BUT NOT REAL EXPERIENCED IT SEEMED. OVERALL THE FOOD WAS GREAT!Special Features:
- Nikai had some very good dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2009Nikai had some very good dishes. Clearly the chef tries to appeal to a broad swath of the population as with most resort eateries. Some of the dishes were interesting and innovative (steak and lobster roll was delicious, the wontons were pretty good). The setting was nice, we were there on a quiet evening. The service was friendly and attentive.Special Features: