Limoncello - Chester Springs
499 Uwchlan Ave
Chester Springs, PA 19425Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Limoncello - Chester Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.limoncellowc.com/
- Phone: 6105243112
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Limoncello - Chester Springs
Limoncello is run by a family that is loyal to its customers. We want to ensure that every time you come in you feel part of something special. The Mingrino family is faithful to their customers and are always bringing you good food, good drinks, and good times. Limoncello caters to private functions and banquets such as bridal and baby showers, anniversaries, birthdays and other social events. Our award winning team brings legendary Italian cuisine and exceptional service to your home or your preferred venue.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limoncello - Chester Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)special occasion (91)good for groups (86)fit for foodies (74)great for outdoor dining (60)romantic (47)notable wine list (43)vibrant bar scene (38)great for lunch (37)hot spot (34)kid-friendly (20)great for brunch (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The food is always good and fresh. The service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Buffet Lunch DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/28/2014We arrived only 15 minutes after the start of the buffet lunch began and most of the food was cold. Cold pizza and just warm entrees. We even asked the person manning the pizza oven to heat up a couple slices. The salmon was very tasty, but only warm. The chicken was only legs and thighs, no white meat, and again.. only warm. How can the food not be warm at the begging of the lunch? Nice place, good service.. disappointing food.
- Fun birthday dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Several acquaintances recommended this place to me. I told my husband that I wanted to go there for my birthday. The meal completely lived up to those recommendations! We shared the clams oreganata appetizer and had different veal dishes. Everything was delicious and well-presented. We also enjoyed the complimentary bruscetta that started our meal and the complimentary limoncello that concluded our meal. We expect to return in the future!Special Features:
- Good food and good servicemelombaDined on 10/25/2014Our table for 4 was put in a room with two big parties. Luckilly one of the parties did not start while we were there. The party that was seated was 10 plus two babies. Would have preferred not being put in a room with babies. Other than that our table was okay and the food and service were above average. Will come again at some point.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Food and service very good Had a table by the bar and service center noisy and little atmosphereI would recommend this to a friend.
- service great food okkuppieDined on 10/24/2014Service we got was very good, very attentive. I ordered lasagna, tasted rubbery. Friend had mussels, smelled very offputting. Deserts were very good. Overall I think it was a bad night for the kitchen.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food - Bad ServiceRancineCDined on 10/24/2014We were at Limoncello Chester Springs at 6:30 PM on a Friday night- place was fairly crowded already, took forever to get bread - had to ask 2 times for it - even for a seconds. Got the complimentary brushetta they usually give you when you first sit down halfway into the meal. Out of 6 diners, 4 of us got our entrees - had to wait a good 10 minutes for the other 2 entrees to come out. Hard to flag our waitress down to even say we didn't get the rest of our party's food.Food is VERY good and they give you plenty of it - so that is always a good thing. Not sure why our experience was so bad this night - at 6:30 pm on a FRIDAY! We will go back to the restaurant but will pull a manager over next time if we have the same experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay experience, okay foodcasualdinerDined on 10/24/20144 of the 5 of us had the special and it was dry. The key lime cheesecake wasn't good but the limoncello cake was divine. Service was good, despite how crowded and noisy it was.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We frequent Limoncello as a family and have never been disappointment with the service or the food. Fresh pasta, fresh seafood, good drinks and a nice atmosphere. I would rather spend a bit more and get this level of service and food than take our family to a chain restaurant and get less of both.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food and service was outstanding. The portion size was large. You will not leave hungry! The lobster mash potato's were excellent. As well as the whole dinner! For a Tuesday night it was vibrant hot spot. A little hard to hear above the noise of others but it seem to be a happening place. Can't wait to eat there again. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait for your ReservationKecLVIPDined on 10/18/2014Great Italian food, but even with a reservation you're going to wait 45 minutes for your table. And, forget about waiting with a drink in your hand. They form a line at the bar because they do not have the staff to handle 3 deep of all who are waiting for a table. Really! Single file please.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, even during peak hours!MichaelVIPDined on 10/18/2014Dining at 7:00 PM on a Saturday night can be a challenge, but they somehow pull it off. Don't get me wrong- there are some minor hiccups. The Caesar Salad was served on a hot plate just out of the dishwasher, and my shoes stuck to the floor in spots. All signs of folks moving at the speed of light. Somehow it works.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicehowardpoVIPDined on 10/18/2014We never have to return food at Limoncello. Tonight, though, one of us ordered the Pork Chop which, while presented well was a bit dry. The manager came over, was apologetic and immediately removed it from the bill. He explained that they may be removing it from the menu because others have complained as well. All in all a great experience.Special Features:
- First time at Chester SpringFoodie520Dined on 10/16/2014We always eat at the West Chester location. It has a little more of a home-like feel. The dinner was better but the apps tasted the same. The service is a bit more attentive but Chester Springs had typical service. We'll keep it on the list for when we don't want to drive the extra 10 minutes to West Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/15/2014We have eaten in both Limoncello locations and, while we prefer the ambiance in their West Chester restaurant, the food is excellent in both places. We generally eat in the Chester Springs location for lunch and have never been disappointed! The salads, pastas, sandwiches and pizza are always top notch and even though I'm not a huge fan of buffets, their selection is always delicious and varied. Our server yesterday was Deborah and even though she had many tables to "juggle" she was courteous, prompt and helpful. We will continue to count Limoncello as one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Delicious But RushedAnnDonDined on 10/11/2014We had a delicious meal on October 11th. This was our first time at the Chester Springs location. We had reservations and were seated within 5 minutes of arrival. Service was prompt, the drinks were refreshing, and the food was exceptional. Limoncello's is the type of place you would select for a special occasion such as a birthday or anniversary. Fine dining for those occasions should be slow and relaxing: we were left 1:15 after we walked. Tables are close and the interior materials do not absorb the sound of hundreds of voices, so the inside is noisy. For these reasons, we did not rate it "romantic".Our preference is the West Chester location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodjajhDined on 10/11/2014Always enjoy our visits to this restaurant. The food is excellent, but the night we were there it was extremely noisy, and very crowded. This was at a 6PM reservation time. But we will definitely go back again. Our waiter Ben was very good but seemed to have too many tables to wait on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good mealDiningOutDined on 10/11/2014We have been to Limoncello many times and always have had great service and a good meal. Great specials and large portions. Love the calamari!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I asked via open table for a quiet table to celebrate my mother's 75th birthday. My father is hearing impaired. They did not disappoint! They even remembered it was her birthday and put a candle in her pie without being asked!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedIrishDined on 10/10/2014Limoncello is consistently good. Atmosphere is beautiful, service is top-notch, food is delicious and always enjoyable. You get all of the "big amenities" of high end dining, but the warmness of a family restaurant. Would recommend highly.Special Features:
- Value Mealhungry4moreDined on 10/9/2014The lunch buffet menu is an excellent bargain. The varieties of salads and quiches and side dishes leaves one wondering how not to overfill the plate. The entree selections are varied and the taste is just superb.Special Features:
- WhyWhymeDined on 10/5/2014Great food and service are the reasons why we go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMikeDined on 10/4/2014This was our third time dining here. Service, food, and value were excellent.Special Features:
- sweaty selectionjojoDined on 10/4/2014I usually love going to Limoncello but my veal dish on this visit was extremely spicy. We were unable to stay and finish the rest of the meal. I spoke to the management and they were very nice about the situation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit noisy for a nice placeDeelitediningDined on 10/3/2014I was disappointed in the noise level and the closeness of the tables. Food was good and beautifully presented, but asparagus on my plate was tough. Should be perfect for the price!Special Features:
- YummyPamperedDined on 10/1/2014Our server was excellent. Everything she told us to get was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haphazard experienceAAAADined on 9/27/2014Celebrating our wedding anniverary. It took 1O mintues for someone to notice us after being seated. Waiter never introduced himself. It was a series of fly by's. Specials were overpriced and average tasting. Wish we went to West Chester. Nice surroundings and wine choice but something was missing.Special Features:
- waited to long....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Waited almost two hours for our food to come. Everyone around was eating except us! Waitress said it was coming.....several times. Disappointed
- Better Not Be in a RushcookiesmomDined on 9/27/2014This was my first visit to the Chester Springs site. While parking is obviously easier and the ambiance was very nice, it is definitely still a very noisy atmosphere on a Saturday night. The service was quite slow...we waited over an hour for our main course and it took so long for our waitress to come back for a dessert order that we had no time left for that. Food, however was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsuzyqVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants but the service was terrible and we had a very loud unruly child sitting across from us. We were getting ready to walk out when the manager finally brought us the wrong food. We eventually got our order and the food was good as always but no one should have to wait that long. They kept offering us drinks, but we ask and were told we'd have to pay for them. Offered free dessert in the end but it didn't make up for the experience. "Sorry" didn't cut it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at LimoncelloAllbranDined on 9/26/2014We've dined here a number of times before and took our adult daughter here for dinner. It can tend to be a bit noisy, especially near the bar area, but because it was a Friday at 8:00pm, the crowd was beginning to finish up and depart. Our server was very friendly and helpful with entree suggestions. All of the dishes were delicious and plentiful. We ended up taking home leftovers. Complimentary bruschetta is very common in Italian restaurants, but the complimentary glasses of limoncello at the end of the meal is a nice touch. We prefer the Chester Springs location over West Chester as parking is never a problem, unlike West Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food & great friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/24/2014This is a good neighborhood spot, keep to the traditional menu items. Went with kids and two in our party had allergies (peanut and garlic!) Our server was so sweet, patient and helpful with our food choices. Everyone commented on how nice and on top of everything she was. It is often said it is very hard to find good service out in Chester County-not tonight.Special Features:
- First TimewillygDined on 9/24/2014This was our first time to this restaurant, Voice recommendations rate it very high. The food and service was excellent, but we found the dinning area very crowed. The tables are very close to each other and we had a table for 10 start arriving while we were eating. The people arriving were greeting each other and we actually had people almost physically sitting on our table. This was a very big disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great time!FinnDined on 9/20/2014The food is always consistent. We always have fun...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Limoncello...KImperialeVIPDined on 9/20/2014Let me start by saying... I love Limoncellos, both locations and have dined at both multiple times....The clams in wine and garlic are outstanding. The linguine pescatore is amazing and both the gnocchi and halibut received rave reviews from dining companions....but something went horribly wrong with the fusilli bolognese. It was as if someone took a ladle of marinara sauce put it on the pasta then sprinkled a few chunks of tasteless meat on it.....not sure what happened.....but I will return to Limoncellos, just not so sure I will order the bolognese again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy to enjoyjakttDined on 9/19/2014This place is too busy to enjoy. Host did not know about our reservation was made on open table so they had hard time to seat us! Server was rushing all the time, did not pay attention. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. He forgot to candle on our table, never bought the complementary limoncello shots, did not know specials, forgot our drink orders...food was delicious tough and tables are far enough from each other so we were not cramped but we were seated too close to the kitchen...
- Nice for lunchStanVIPDined on 9/18/2014Always enjoy this as a place for lunch. The Buffet is adequate...with lots of choices, well prepared. Good food, okay service and it is worth the price....which is very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as alwaysPattyBDined on 9/14/2014Excellent venue for any event. From an intimate dinner to a group celebration. Excellent food. Good wine list. Great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much FoodKateDined on 9/13/2014Menu is great, food is very good but portions are entirely too big. The normal person does not eat that much and most people watch their diet today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to parPADinerDined on 9/13/2014We have been regulars at Limoncello since it was a small West Chester BYOB restaurant. Their food was always consistent and we have been happy for their growth. But last Saturday was really off: the salad arrived before the drink orders and then my gnocchi was not properly prepared. I sent a personal message to the restaurant but have not heard a reply. We certainly hope it was just an off night.Special Features: