Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: 4152520918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (51)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (36)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (16)special occasion (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (5)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- lovely, but loudcamalamadingdongDined on 10/18/2014This place is always packed and for good reason: great ceviche, beautiful roast chicken and fun cocktails. Just a heads up though that it can get loud. Regardless, I'll be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but just too loudRoboboVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went fairly early on a Saturday. Were shown to our table upstairs which had a speaker right above it blaring music way too loud. Asked the waiter if it could be turned down. He said he'd see what he could do and indeed the music was turned down. Sadly it made very little difference because within 15 minutes the balcony area filled up and it was just as loud as before. Doubly unfortunate, since we thought the food was excellent & very well-priced. But no way we would ever go back or recommend it to friends since it's impossible to have a conversation with them over dinner.
- Popular Local SpotfoodguyVIPDined on 10/18/2014High quality Peruvian food with good service, popular with locals. No frills atmosphere.. Quite family friendly. Not only were the main dishes excellent but attention was paid to the side dishes as well, a mark of a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food, Meh ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014I reserved a table for 7 people Saturday at 4:30pm so we could all eat before my 6pm reading at LitCrawl SF. Of course we were late because we're always late. They were nice enough to save our table (it wasn't busy at 4:30pm - who knew?). Once we got seated, it took FOREVER to get a server to our table. No drinks, no water, nothing. I started to get very anxious because the clock was ticking. In the end we had some wonderful food and drinks. But I had to leave my party to make it in time to my reading. My family didn't arrive until like 6:15pm - well after the event started. I was very annoyed that the service was so slow. It took our waiter FOREVER to bring the bill too! I have fond memories of Limon but may not go there again!Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousNorCalSalDined on 10/17/2014We enjoy bringing family and friends to this restaurant because the food is satisfying and great to share. It's a favorite place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioso! !Rosieyumyum13Dined on 9/26/2014We went to Limon for a friend's birthday,we ordered many different dishes to share and every dish was beautiful and well seasoned and absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but poor serviceHannahDined on 9/25/2014Good Peruvian food at really reasonable price and with many choices. However, the service at the front desk could be improved since we were not well welcomed.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyMeowmdDined on 9/20/2014Amazing food -- too noisy. We had reservations for a table but ended up sitting at the bar just so we could hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So, nothing to shout aboutfoodgiirlDined on 9/20/2014Way too loud, too hyped...it's Portuguese chicken people! Not worth the wait, the food is fine but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- FAST SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Great food & fast service! We were in and out of there because of the great service!!Special Features:
- Long live PerugoodfudDined on 9/13/2014This has become my favorite restaurant in SF. Doesn't matter which one you eat at. The flavors are out of this world, and everything is cooked to perfection. The house specialty, the roasted chicken, is a must. Anything you eat there will be divine. A very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backDestroyaDined on 9/6/2014Looking forward to heading back to Limon very soon. The food was execellent and so were the prices, service and drinks! I've recommended it to anyone that hasn't already been.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMarcoAMMDined on 9/6/2014Our server was fantastic, very friendly and he made great recommendations from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JandABDined on 8/31/2014Loved the empanadas! It took some time to cook the chicken - but 100% worth the wait and would do it again. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...LuvtodineDined on 8/29/2014Visiting the Bay Area and wanted to try something different so we went for Peruvian food, however, we wished we ordered the Limon chicken too. The chicken was served steaming hot and the aroma smelled delicious. Not to say our dishes weren't tasty because they were excellent! The specialty drinks were absolutely great. Will go back.Special Features:
- Good timesYuminSFDined on 8/27/2014Celebrated a birthday, great food, friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About The FoodoisterDined on 8/24/2014This place is all about the food. The ambiance is not the most outstanding but we were recommended to check this place out by a few of our friends. We weren't disappointed. The ceviche is delicious and the rotisserie chicken is what they are known for...definitely recommend this place for an easy lunch or a chilled out dinner to feed the hunger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing food and great atmosphere. Took my parents here so the ambiance was a little loud for our liking, but overall we had such a great time and I can't wait to go back again for their chicken!Special Features:
- Solid B-RivervalleyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Overall good experience. The food is consistent. During lunch the wait staff was a bit disjointed, we were asked if we were okay about 5 times from different waiters, 3 times if we wanted more drinks, 3 times regarding dessert. Needless to say we were not neglected but sometimes too much service makes for a rather disruptive lunch.
- Just DisappointedTepstillDined on 8/9/2014I have been interested in Limon for quite some time. It has received great reviews over the years and at different times I have tried getting in without reservations and the wait was always two hours plus. I made reservations this time and was immediately sat by a very gracious hostess. The anticipation was high as I'm a chef and have been looking forward to this for a long time. The service was just so so. The server didn't seem to have the energy or excitement that should be part of the routine. The food was just so so. The Lengua was tender but very salty. The seafood in the Paella was over cooked yet the rice was still too crunchy. The beet salad was drenched in dressing but was flavorful. Overall we were disappointed in Limon.
- Absolutely delicious!TiffanyHVIPDined on 8/9/2014Every dish we had was bursting with flavor. Reasonably priced, friendly service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but noisyFromSFDined on 8/8/2014The food was quite tasty but noise level is unbelievably high. We were seated upstairs and could not hear each other talk. Everyone upstairs was speaking in loud voices to be heard, which made things even worse. We ate quickly and left. We would not return because of the noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Limon (both locations) and generally the service is excellent... Except when it comes to bring your check!! Sat around for a good long time after we were done eating, waiting for SOMEONE to acknowledge us. So, that's my only gripe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, way too loudNapaFoodieDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant was a fun, vibrant place, the staff was wonderful and great food. I loved that the chicken is local and pasture raised. Unfortunately, I could barely hear my party speaking. Way, way, too loud. If they could just address the acoustics.Special Features:
- Great place to meet with friendsbeccaDined on 7/31/2014Although I saw some parents with kids there, the place is more for friends to get together and have fun. Great drinks and food. I made reservation for .6 friends and some were 30min late. They were great in accomodating us even with 30 minutes delay. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Peruvian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Awesome place. Recommended by several people. Did not disappoint. We decided on one of the Prix Fixed Menu $37 with Sangria. Food was delicious. We all went home satisfied. Both chicken dishes is my favorite. One crispy the other moist.Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinner!EricaDined on 7/25/2014Came here with 4 friends for my birthday dinner. Really good food (rotisserie chicken, pescado cerviche, tuna tartar), attentive waiter. It was pretty noisy on a Friday evening at dinner time so be ready for that.Special Features:
- Good food, terribly noisydlondon04Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Limon early, a 6 pm reservation on a Saturday night. The food was delicious. We had the cerviche and the rotisserie chicken, both delicious. The only real issue with the restaurant is the noise. The music was deafeninng. I couldn't hear the person talking sitting next to me. Also, the tables were way too close together. We were practically on top of the table next to us. It's too bad. With a few less tables, and lower music, it would have been a great evening.
- great food at a reasonable priceRohitTalwalkarDined on 7/13/2014Really enjoy the rotisserie chicken and sides. Highly recommend the yucca fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I've been to Limon several times over the last year or so, and it never disappoints. The chicken always comes out with lightening fast speed and is flavorful and moist. The sauces continue to be my obsession and I put them over everything. When I can tear myself away from the chicken, I am always struck by how consistently good the other food on the menu is as well.Special Features:
- AAAAMAZING!luv2eatDined on 7/11/2014Had to have the rotisserie chicken which was perfectly cooked and seasoned (maybe even brined beforehand) served with three absolutely scrumptious sauces - two were different levels of spiciness but basically the same sauce and one was a chimichurri which was more oil than herbs, but no matter, enhanced the chicken and took it to a whole new level. Great vegetables with a soy sauce-broth reduction that were slightly crisp and truly delicious. So good we even ordered a second dish of them! The lomo saltado, a traditional Peruvian dish made with sauteed meat, tomatoes, onions (in this case red ones) and french fries all sauteed together. This was a tapas size portion but it was plenty for a main dish for one person. If you haven't been, go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant dining in the MissionbpbwVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cocktails are rather pricey but food is reasonably priced. Everyone's order came quickly initially, but they seemed to have forgotten my additional order for empanadas till I reminded several different people. By the time they arrived, everyone else had almost finished eating. Otherwise the servers / bussers were all very courteous.Special Features:
- Definitely a Fangr8tDined on 7/11/2014I was very Happy with this reservation. I contacted Limon to verify that they would have our lunch order ready when we arrived the young lady to whom I was talking explained why this was no longer an option then she went on to add I can assure you your food will arrive on your table within 5 minutes guess what it did the staff was attentive ,polite and careful to respect our need to return back to work on time they even put a Birthday treat in a to go box for the Bday Girl and handed me a candle on the way out paying the bill three way's was a breeze forget about packing left overs to take back the food was so GOOD there was none left We are already planning to request to have Limon for our Annual retreat 4 stars from 4 guestSpecial Features:
- Good FoodjewriDined on 7/3/2014First time trying Limón and I really enjoyed the food. Service was good and so were the drinks. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- homeruncaesVIPDined on 6/30/2014this was our first (of likely many) trips to limon. everyone was super friendly and it doesn't hurt that the chicken was moist and delicious! sides and empanadas were also really good along with the cocktail I tried. so what are you waiting for?!?Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.mellybellyDined on 6/26/2014Food is great and reasonably priced. The rotisserie chicken is the best, especially because of the sauces. The noise level is a little too high for me--they could turn it down a bit. Service is excellent. I knocked over my drink and they came over right away to clean it up and the manager replaced it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 749 reviews are from the Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews archive.
- overall great dining experiencekylenzoDined on 6/25/2014Great food in the company of good friends. It was a little bit too noisy however that i couldnt hear what my friends were saying. It was packed when we dined in but we were seated right away, earlier than my reservation. Overall a great dining experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a fun atmosphereliketoeatDined on 6/25/2014Food is delicious. Service is great, and so fast! But they don't rush you to leave. Great find. Love the sauces.Special Features:
- Not sour on LimonJimbosfoDined on 6/24/2014Limon is one of my favorite San Francisco restaurants to bring out of town guests. The food is reliable, especially the scrumptious chicken, the vibe has a cool groove to it and the prices are extremely reasonable. One of my favorite sides is the Truffle Mac and Cheese, which pairs nicely with the chicken. It gets busy so make a reservation.Special Features:
- FabulousDinerDined on 6/22/2014Each visit to Limon has been great. AMAZING food, servers are friendly, fun and helpful. Love the menu, though it is hard not to choose the chicken each time because it is so good. Lively environment, a bit loud- not a quiet romantic spot.Special Features: