Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: 4152520918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (45)hot spot (36)great for lunch (24)vibrant bar scene (20)special occasion (16)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Solid B-RivervalleyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Overall good experience. The food is consistent. During lunch the wait staff was a bit disjointed, we were asked if we were okay about 5 times from different waiters, 3 times if we wanted more drinks, 3 times regarding dessert. Needless to say we were not neglected but sometimes too much service makes for a rather disruptive lunch.
- Just DisappointedTepstillDined on 8/9/2014I have been interested in Limon for quite some time. It has received great reviews over the years and at different times I have tried getting in without reservations and the wait was always two hours plus. I made reservations this time and was immediately sat by a very gracious hostess. The anticipation was high as I'm a chef and have been looking forward to this for a long time. The service was just so so. The server didn't seem to have the energy or excitement that should be part of the routine. The food was just so so. The Lengua was tender but very salty. The seafood in the Paella was over cooked yet the rice was still too crunchy. The beet salad was drenched in dressing but was flavorful. Overall we were disappointed in Limon.
- Absolutely delicious!TiffanyHVIPDined on 8/9/2014Every dish we had was bursting with flavor. Reasonably priced, friendly service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but noisyFromSFDined on 8/8/2014The food was quite tasty but noise level is unbelievably high. We were seated upstairs and could not hear each other talk. Everyone upstairs was speaking in loud voices to be heard, which made things even worse. We ate quickly and left. We would not return because of the noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Limon (both locations) and generally the service is excellent... Except when it comes to bring your check!! Sat around for a good long time after we were done eating, waiting for SOMEONE to acknowledge us. So, that's my only gripe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, way too loudNapaFoodieDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant was a fun, vibrant place, the staff was wonderful and great food. I loved that the chicken is local and pasture raised. Unfortunately, I could barely hear my party speaking. Way, way, too loud. If they could just address the acoustics.Special Features:
- Great place to meet with friendsbeccaDined on 7/31/2014Although I saw some parents with kids there, the place is more for friends to get together and have fun. Great drinks and food. I made reservation for .6 friends and some were 30min late. They were great in accomodating us even with 30 minutes delay. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Peruvian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Awesome place. Recommended by several people. Did not disappoint. We decided on one of the Prix Fixed Menu $37 with Sangria. Food was delicious. We all went home satisfied. Both chicken dishes is my favorite. One crispy the other moist.Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinner!EricaDined on 7/25/2014Came here with 4 friends for my birthday dinner. Really good food (rotisserie chicken, pescado cerviche, tuna tartar), attentive waiter. It was pretty noisy on a Friday evening at dinner time so be ready for that.Special Features:
- Good food, terribly noisydlondon04Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Limon early, a 6 pm reservation on a Saturday night. The food was delicious. We had the cerviche and the rotisserie chicken, both delicious. The only real issue with the restaurant is the noise. The music was deafeninng. I couldn't hear the person talking sitting next to me. Also, the tables were way too close together. We were practically on top of the table next to us. It's too bad. With a few less tables, and lower music, it would have been a great evening.
- great food at a reasonable priceRohitTalwalkarDined on 7/13/2014Really enjoy the rotisserie chicken and sides. Highly recommend the yucca fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014I've been to Limon several times over the last year or so, and it never disappoints. The chicken always comes out with lightening fast speed and is flavorful and moist. The sauces continue to be my obsession and I put them over everything. When I can tear myself away from the chicken, I am always struck by how consistently good the other food on the menu is as well.Special Features:
- AAAAMAZING!luv2eatDined on 7/11/2014Had to have the rotisserie chicken which was perfectly cooked and seasoned (maybe even brined beforehand) served with three absolutely scrumptious sauces - two were different levels of spiciness but basically the same sauce and one was a chimichurri which was more oil than herbs, but no matter, enhanced the chicken and took it to a whole new level. Great vegetables with a soy sauce-broth reduction that were slightly crisp and truly delicious. So good we even ordered a second dish of them! The lomo saltado, a traditional Peruvian dish made with sauteed meat, tomatoes, onions (in this case red ones) and french fries all sauteed together. This was a tapas size portion but it was plenty for a main dish for one person. If you haven't been, go!I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasant dining in the MissionbpbwVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cocktails are rather pricey but food is reasonably priced. Everyone's order came quickly initially, but they seemed to have forgotten my additional order for empanadas till I reminded several different people. By the time they arrived, everyone else had almost finished eating. Otherwise the servers / bussers were all very courteous.Special Features:
- Definitely a Fangr8tDined on 7/11/2014I was very Happy with this reservation. I contacted Limon to verify that they would have our lunch order ready when we arrived the young lady to whom I was talking explained why this was no longer an option then she went on to add I can assure you your food will arrive on your table within 5 minutes guess what it did the staff was attentive ,polite and careful to respect our need to return back to work on time they even put a Birthday treat in a to go box for the Bday Girl and handed me a candle on the way out paying the bill three way's was a breeze forget about packing left overs to take back the food was so GOOD there was none left We are already planning to request to have Limon for our Annual retreat 4 stars from 4 guestSpecial Features:
- Good FoodjewriDined on 7/3/2014First time trying Limón and I really enjoyed the food. Service was good and so were the drinks. I would recommend it.Special Features:
- homeruncaesVIPDined on 6/30/2014this was our first (of likely many) trips to limon. everyone was super friendly and it doesn't hurt that the chicken was moist and delicious! sides and empanadas were also really good along with the cocktail I tried. so what are you waiting for?!?Special Features:
- Good food. Good service.mellybellyDined on 6/26/2014Food is great and reasonably priced. The rotisserie chicken is the best, especially because of the sauces. The noise level is a little too high for me--they could turn it down a bit. Service is excellent. I knocked over my drink and they came over right away to clean it up and the manager replaced it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overall great dining experiencekylenzoDined on 6/25/2014Great food in the company of good friends. It was a little bit too noisy however that i couldnt hear what my friends were saying. It was packed when we dined in but we were seated right away, earlier than my reservation. Overall a great dining experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food in a fun atmosphereliketoeatDined on 6/25/2014Food is delicious. Service is great, and so fast! But they don't rush you to leave. Great find. Love the sauces.Special Features:
- Not sour on LimonJimbosfoDined on 6/24/2014Limon is one of my favorite San Francisco restaurants to bring out of town guests. The food is reliable, especially the scrumptious chicken, the vibe has a cool groove to it and the prices are extremely reasonable. One of my favorite sides is the Truffle Mac and Cheese, which pairs nicely with the chicken. It gets busy so make a reservation.Special Features:
- FabulousDinerDined on 6/22/2014Each visit to Limon has been great. AMAZING food, servers are friendly, fun and helpful. Love the menu, though it is hard not to choose the chicken each time because it is so good. Lively environment, a bit loud- not a quiet romantic spot.Special Features:
- good food but NOISE is oppressiveserve2allVIPDined on 6/21/2014Great chicken, nice drinks but ear damage may occur if you go on a Saturday night. My head ached for days!Special Features:
- AmirynnVIPDined on 6/15/2014After all the hype, I was expecting much better food and service. My cocktail were decent, and the food was okay. Our server was even as attentive as he could be, considering that he had to keep an eye on tables upstairs and downstairs. However, my food was forgotten in the kitchen and came out 20 minutes after my friend's meal. Admittedly, this may color my experience of my meal (though I had thought hunger would be the best spice?), but I found it unexciting. My Yucca fries were bland and unseasoned, the sauces where unexciting and a little to heavy on the cream/mayo. The chimmichurri was aji-verde without mayo. The salad had nothing to give it any pizzaz, and the panna cotta was uninspiring.
- Service leaves a bit to be desiredDisappointedDined on 6/10/2014The food is always excellent but the service is really a hit or miss. I was in on Tuesday this week and, while it wasn't extremely busy at the time we arrived for dinner, it seemed like the tables full of ladies in our server's section were the ones getting all of the attention. We (a couple of guys) sat in a corner for the majority of the our time without much service. We waited too long to order our food. We would have ordered another drink had he returned. We would have ordered dessert... Our server was just to busy chatting it up. We waited about 15 minutes from the end of our meal until we were even able to get our check.Special Features:
- Too noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/4/2014I love Limon rotisserie and have no complaints on the food or service, but I will always go to the south van ness location in the future because the Valencia location is deafening. They need a few soft services to absorb all that "energetic" sound.
- Great food, need authentic dessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014As a peruvian I highly recommend Limon, the pisco sours are refreshing and the food is authentic. The atmosphere is just what you would encounter in Peru.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All delicious!onthewallDined on 5/30/2014We had a party of seven. The waiter was efficient and great. The food was varied and delicious.Special Features:
- Fantastic FlavorsiwanttolickmyplateDined on 5/25/2014Flavors emanating from this kitchen always have my my taste buds dancing. Our consistent favorites are the Lomito Saltado (sliced steak tossed with french fries is even better than it sounds), mixed ceviche, and the rotisserie chicken. It all sounds simple enough but magic must be one of their secret ingredients because that's the only way to explain the fantastic flavors that come from such pure ingredients! Oh and the sweet potato fries are cooked just that extra little bit that gives it crunch and depth of flavor! Its a bit noisy; the service is efficient and friendly just don't go expecting any coddling or lingering conversations. If you want food that will make you sit up and take notice don't hesitate to eat at Limon!Special Features:
- Good value.RysiuDined on 5/18/2014Nothing special, decent food at reasonable prices. Food was served not necessarily as it should. For example ceviche was served last even though we ordered it as an appetizer.Special Features:
- Return to LimonunpretentiousDined on 5/17/2014My family has gone to Limon for special occasions for about ten years. The food is still great. I'm never going again on a Saturday night, though--the noise level made it impossible to have a conversation.Special Features:
- Consistently high qualityBurghardtVIPDined on 5/17/2014I had two guests who never had Peruvian food before. One was a shy eater who didn't like seafood but actually enjoyed the ceviche. Her other half raved with every bit. "oh m god these tastes are so alive and delicious". That should be their motto. The service, as always, we terrific. Many higher end restaurants could learn a lot from the choreography of this dance troupe, couldn't be better.Special Features:
- Good food but very noisyRepolhoDined on 5/15/2014Our group of 6 ordered different things and enjoyed them all. What we did not enjoy was the noise level upstairs where we were seated which made it impossible to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super good!Shelzz16Dined on 5/13/2014The chicken is obv good and the sauces that come with it and the vegetables!! were both more than good. The vegetables were actually extra delicious!! Also had the mixed ceviche which was also more than good. Sangria good. The restaurant was a little hot inside though. We sat in the back so it was less loud, front was pretty loud. Our waiter kind of kept disappearing but others took his place. I would def go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rotisserie chicken is deliciousGregDined on 5/11/2014Really good chicken and the dipping sauces are deliciousSpecial Features:
- JBHIIVIPDined on 5/11/2014This particular Limon restaurant never fails to deliver.Special Features:
- Good Food but Too NoisyQuietCoupleDined on 5/11/2014We were seated between a family and a couple obviously in the very early stages of dating. Both parties were loud, one speaking strident pitched Spanish. The dating couple with their high pitched, rocket fast banter between them. I even teased with my husband, mimicking the woman, "bah-bah-bah-bah-bah," but she was so self-absorbed that she didn't even notice. Perhaps the only relief we had was that everyone was speaking in foreign language so at least we weren't forced to absorb the content of either conversation. Limon has a small but very good menu and they really know how to grill chicken. The meat was tender, fall off bone delicious. We rarely go out to eat in this pricy town but will look for a quieter venue next time we go.Special Features:
- So FlavorfulMexFoodieDined on 5/10/2014The beef tongue dish was outstanding, so tender and flavorful. Although the Lomito Saltado was too salty this time, but I'm not deducting any stars because I've had it before and its been one of my favorite dishes there. We had one of each of the deserts and they did not disappoint. My only wish is that they would make their own Chicha Morada drink fresh, every other Peruvian restaurant I've been to makes their own and is far better than the bottled one that Limon offers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Service!ProfYumminsDined on 5/9/2014Went here for mother's day to reminisce on when we traveled to Peru. Started with Pisco Sours and got a pitcher of Sangria for the rest of dinner. Drinks were well mixed and just the right balance of alcohol to flavor. The rotisserie chicken wonderful. Very moist, thoroughly cooked, great seasoning, and the 3 sauces that come with it all had a great variety. The tuna Ceviche was delicious and came with crackers, though it wasn't an incredibly exciting palate, it was high quality stuff. The Ceviche mixto was incredible, great mix of flavors and textures and really topped off our dinner. Service was fantastic without being overbearing and the manager came to our table and had some great conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you don't Peruvian...VCplannerVIPDined on 4/25/2014You are in for a real treat at Limon Rotisserie! This is my "too many to count" time coming here for dinner. This time it was with a group of female colleagues to celebrate and we had a fantastic time. The food is delicious, approachable and fun, as is the staff! Don't miss out on Limon RotisserieSpecial Features: