Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
524 Valencia Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limon-sf.com/
- Phone: (415) 252-0918
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM, Monday- Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Peruvian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact Fernando at(415)252-0918 for full details.
- Special Events: Please contact Fernando at (415)252-0918.
A word from Limon Rotisserie - Valencia
Top 100 Restaurants, best Peruvian food in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerPeruvian
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia - Best Restaurants in Mission ›
Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (55)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (39)hot spot (39)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (7)great for brunch (4)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome foodAlfieVIPDined on 11/23/2014Very flavorful food and top notch pisco sour cocktails. No matter what dish you go for, they all taste good. Me and my wife really like their red snapper ceviche as an appetizer... super good. You get a lot of good food for a decent price. If it's your first time there you have to go for the rotisserie chicken....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and beverage menu, great serviceGene999VIPDined on 11/23/2014Can't go wrong at Limon -- great beverage choices and tasty food -- excellent service -- good overall value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place. Don' come hungry.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014I had some friends visiting from LA so I decided to take them to Limon. When we arrived the table was ready in the upper part of the restaurant. (nice) The decor is very nice and there was a good crowd. Load but a good energy. We ordered several plates including, yucca, veggies, mac & cheese and empanadas. (cost around $8.95 per dish) When the plates came there was 2 small empanadas, 5 small yuccas (the size of a fat french fry) and a very small amount of veggies. The dishes are extremely small. We also ordered a whole chicken. (cost around $28.00) The chicken is the size of a Safeway chicken and taste the exact same (with some added spices). All pretty tasty but the portions are extremely small and lacking...... We were 5 grown men and would have had to order several more plats to even come close to being satisfied. We decided the food was ok, not great and not worth ordering several more dishes. The servers and staff are friendly although they did clean up our "appetizer" plates/table and forgot our "main" course. (the piny chicken) Honest mistake. None of us would go back. Maybe if we had already had dinner. Expensive and the food is uneventful at best.
- You've lost this frequent diner...sfFoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014So we've been to the many various locations of Limon since they first opened, as a couple, with small and large groups, and we were very happy customers - until this past weekend. We arranged a 50th Birthday gathering for a dear friend of ours, and decided that Limon would be the perfect choice. Having done group dinners here before, we thought, this would be an awesome location and would accommodate the group's varying dining budgets. But we will never dine here again. $70+ per person on a $32 prix fixe menu, +2 drinks each ($88 actually when you account for covering the Birthday Boy and the other issue explained below) with terrible service & everyone leaving the restaurant hungry. It started downhill when our table of 10 shrank to 9 due to a last minute cancellation and we informed the waiter less than 10 minutes after placing our order as food was starting to arrive. He said sorry, can't change it now. I know, if we were ordering individual items, I would say, our loss. But this is a family style serving so factor for it and cut us to 9 people. Then the food started coming. There was a laundry list of items to come from the prix fixe menu we selected. But 4 Empanadas (2 orders of 2 pieces) for a table of 10? Yes, 9, but still insufficient. Half of us didn't get to try it. It continued, 2 orders of each of the items with small servings that didn't spread across the group. We said something to the waiter, and he said more is coming. All he meant was more of other items in small portions. When they started clearing our water glasses (which were not re-filled for anyone) after the food, and the silverware, leaving us with nothing on the table, and then served the birthday cake with 5 utensils, my decision became clear. Yes, I'll pay it this time, including the 20% automatic tip for lousy service to keep the evening festive for my friend. But I will never dine at a Limon again, as there are plenty of other great choices in this wonderful city! End of story.
- Delicious and LoudAlyVVIPDined on 11/8/2014We had the famous chicken, sides and dessert. All the food was delicious. It was packed and so loud we could not hear each other at our table for 2. It is a very happening place for groups on the weekends, not so good for a date.Special Features:
- Excellent Peruvian!EmilyDined on 11/7/2014I was very happy with both what was offered as well as the quality of the food. Excellent ceviche, with a variety of options, yummy sauces with the chicken, fantastic sides, and great empanadas!Special Features:
- ear burning loudHchyDined on 11/6/2014Loud to the point it distracted from everything. I couldnt wait to get out of thereSpecial Features:
- Great Latin FoodDidelcDined on 11/6/2014We ordered the rotisserie chicken and was delicious, all the sides were pretty good as well, specially the yuca frita. The service is quick and effective without making you feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOODJP117Dined on 10/30/2014I've been before when this was "Limon" before they made it more casual and re-branded it. All the food was fabulous - tasty, well-presented, friendly service (although they couldn't always hear what we were saying because of the noise level).Special Features:
- Mas Pollo Please!EJamiForeverDined on 10/28/2014Yum Yum Yum. I ordered the whole chicken so that I could take part of it home. The skin was fantastic and so was the juicy meat. I...love...that...chicken. The rice and bean side was excellent as well. Skip the Yuca fries. The Chilango was really good, too.Special Features:
- Good food, extremely loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/27/2014I have never been to such a LOUD restaurant in my life. I felt like I was yelling in the beginning but it was late and it became batter. Excellent food, great service. Lively bar. Reasonable prices. Very small portions. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastysaucierGaucheDined on 10/26/2014Good tasty food. Noisy and bustling. Nice drinks. Paella was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely, but loudcamalamadingdongDined on 10/18/2014This place is always packed and for good reason: great ceviche, beautiful roast chicken and fun cocktails. Just a heads up though that it can get loud. Regardless, I'll be back soon :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, but just too loudRoboboVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went fairly early on a Saturday. Were shown to our table upstairs which had a speaker right above it blaring music way too loud. Asked the waiter if it could be turned down. He said he'd see what he could do and indeed the music was turned down. Sadly it made very little difference because within 15 minutes the balcony area filled up and it was just as loud as before. Doubly unfortunate, since we thought the food was excellent & very well-priced. But no way we would ever go back or recommend it to friends since it's impossible to have a conversation with them over dinner.
- Popular Local SpotfoodguyVIPDined on 10/18/2014High quality Peruvian food with good service, popular with locals. No frills atmosphere.. Quite family friendly. Not only were the main dishes excellent but attention was paid to the side dishes as well, a mark of a good restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Food, Meh ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/18/2014I reserved a table for 7 people Saturday at 4:30pm so we could all eat before my 6pm reading at LitCrawl SF. Of course we were late because we're always late. They were nice enough to save our table (it wasn't busy at 4:30pm - who knew?). Once we got seated, it took FOREVER to get a server to our table. No drinks, no water, nothing. I started to get very anxious because the clock was ticking. In the end we had some wonderful food and drinks. But I had to leave my party to make it in time to my reading. My family didn't arrive until like 6:15pm - well after the event started. I was very annoyed that the service was so slow. It took our waiter FOREVER to bring the bill too! I have fond memories of Limon but may not go there again!Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousNorCalSalDined on 10/17/2014We enjoy bringing family and friends to this restaurant because the food is satisfying and great to share. It's a favorite place!I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicioso! !Rosieyumyum13Dined on 9/26/2014We went to Limon for a friend's birthday,we ordered many different dishes to share and every dish was beautiful and well seasoned and absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but poor serviceHannahDined on 9/25/2014Good Peruvian food at really reasonable price and with many choices. However, the service at the front desk could be improved since we were not well welcomed.Special Features:
- Delicious but noisyMeowmdDined on 9/20/2014Amazing food -- too noisy. We had reservations for a table but ended up sitting at the bar just so we could hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So So, nothing to shout aboutfoodgiirlDined on 9/20/2014Way too loud, too hyped...it's Portuguese chicken people! Not worth the wait, the food is fine but nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- FAST SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Great food & fast service! We were in and out of there because of the great service!!Special Features:
- Long live PerugoodfudDined on 9/13/2014This has become my favorite restaurant in SF. Doesn't matter which one you eat at. The flavors are out of this world, and everything is cooked to perfection. The house specialty, the roasted chicken, is a must. Anything you eat there will be divine. A very special place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backDestroyaDined on 9/6/2014Looking forward to heading back to Limon very soon. The food was execellent and so were the prices, service and drinks! I've recommended it to anyone that hasn't already been.Special Features:
- Great ServiceMarcoAMMDined on 9/6/2014Our server was fantastic, very friendly and he made great recommendations from their menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JandABDined on 8/31/2014Loved the empanadas! It took some time to cook the chicken - but 100% worth the wait and would do it again. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...LuvtodineDined on 8/29/2014Visiting the Bay Area and wanted to try something different so we went for Peruvian food, however, we wished we ordered the Limon chicken too. The chicken was served steaming hot and the aroma smelled delicious. Not to say our dishes weren't tasty because they were excellent! The specialty drinks were absolutely great. Will go back.Special Features:
- Good timesYuminSFDined on 8/27/2014Celebrated a birthday, great food, friendly service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All About The FoodoisterDined on 8/24/2014This place is all about the food. The ambiance is not the most outstanding but we were recommended to check this place out by a few of our friends. We weren't disappointed. The ceviche is delicious and the rotisserie chicken is what they are known for...definitely recommend this place for an easy lunch or a chilled out dinner to feed the hunger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Amazing food and great atmosphere. Took my parents here so the ambiance was a little loud for our liking, but overall we had such a great time and I can't wait to go back again for their chicken!Special Features:
- Solid B-RivervalleyVIPDined on 8/13/2014Overall good experience. The food is consistent. During lunch the wait staff was a bit disjointed, we were asked if we were okay about 5 times from different waiters, 3 times if we wanted more drinks, 3 times regarding dessert. Needless to say we were not neglected but sometimes too much service makes for a rather disruptive lunch.
- Just DisappointedTepstillDined on 8/9/2014I have been interested in Limon for quite some time. It has received great reviews over the years and at different times I have tried getting in without reservations and the wait was always two hours plus. I made reservations this time and was immediately sat by a very gracious hostess. The anticipation was high as I'm a chef and have been looking forward to this for a long time. The service was just so so. The server didn't seem to have the energy or excitement that should be part of the routine. The food was just so so. The Lengua was tender but very salty. The seafood in the Paella was over cooked yet the rice was still too crunchy. The beet salad was drenched in dressing but was flavorful. Overall we were disappointed in Limon.
- Absolutely delicious!TiffanyHVIPDined on 8/9/2014Every dish we had was bursting with flavor. Reasonably priced, friendly service, great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but noisyFromSFDined on 8/8/2014The food was quite tasty but noise level is unbelievably high. We were seated upstairs and could not hear each other talk. Everyone upstairs was speaking in loud voices to be heard, which made things even worse. We ate quickly and left. We would not return because of the noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/1/2014I love Limon (both locations) and generally the service is excellent... Except when it comes to bring your check!! Sat around for a good long time after we were done eating, waiting for SOMEONE to acknowledge us. So, that's my only gripe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, way too loudNapaFoodieDined on 7/31/2014This restaurant was a fun, vibrant place, the staff was wonderful and great food. I loved that the chicken is local and pasture raised. Unfortunately, I could barely hear my party speaking. Way, way, too loud. If they could just address the acoustics.Special Features:
- Great place to meet with friendsbeccaDined on 7/31/2014Although I saw some parents with kids there, the place is more for friends to get together and have fun. Great drinks and food. I made reservation for .6 friends and some were 30min late. They were great in accomodating us even with 30 minutes delay. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 760 reviews are from the Limon Rotisserie - Valencia reviews archive.
- Incredible Peruvian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Awesome place. Recommended by several people. Did not disappoint. We decided on one of the Prix Fixed Menu $37 with Sangria. Food was delicious. We all went home satisfied. Both chicken dishes is my favorite. One crispy the other moist.Special Features:
- Fun birthday dinner!EricaDined on 7/25/2014Came here with 4 friends for my birthday dinner. Really good food (rotisserie chicken, pescado cerviche, tuna tartar), attentive waiter. It was pretty noisy on a Friday evening at dinner time so be ready for that.Special Features:
- Good food, terribly noisydlondon04Dined on 7/19/2014We went to Limon early, a 6 pm reservation on a Saturday night. The food was delicious. We had the cerviche and the rotisserie chicken, both delicious. The only real issue with the restaurant is the noise. The music was deafeninng. I couldn't hear the person talking sitting next to me. Also, the tables were way too close together. We were practically on top of the table next to us. It's too bad. With a few less tables, and lower music, it would have been a great evening.