Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
5800 3rd Street #1004
San Francisco, CA 94124Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limonrotisserie.com/
- Phone: 4159265665
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Martin Castillo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Check our website and speak to the Manager for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Check our website and speak to the Manager for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Antonio 4159265665
A word from Limon Rotisserie – Bay View
Limon Rotisserie, best chicken in town, great Peruvian food, good value and good service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limon Rotisserie – Bay View reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for lunch (5)special occasion (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Hopeful Fluke...VisitorDinerDined on 8/9/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away, only to wait almost twenty minutes before someone came to talk with us, even longer for the food, and they never came back to check on us, fill our drinks,etc. Previous visits to this restaurant have been exemplary, the food is really divine and the staff is always friendly, which is why were were surprised. In this visit, there seemed to be only one waiter for the whole place, who was rushed off his feet poor guy. It appeared the bartender tried to help him as much as possible, they kept it going as best they could and were cheerful, but we were surprised at the low staff, especially on a Saturday night?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tastymukeshDined on 8/2/2014If you ever want to have a great chicken dinner for a reasonable price, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!SMeistDined on 8/1/2014Everything we tried - there were five of us, so we were able to get a good sampling of the menu. We great. Wonderful flavors, nice blending of herbs and spices. Service was top notch. We thoroughly enjoyed dinner.Special Features:
- Quality is ConsistentShowtime051Dined on 8/1/2014The food quality is consistent with the other Limon locations. The only downside is they do not offer the full menu as the others. During our visit the following items were not available: Tartara de Tuna Arroz con Mariscos It won't stop us however, from visiting this location when the other spots are fully booked.Special Features:
- Got a reservation: closed!SweetEliteVIPDined on 5/10/2014MOTHER'S DAY. I was so happy to be able to secure a reservation for six here as I have been here before and truly enjoyed our dining experience. But upon arrival, and out of all days (Mother's Day), the restaurant was closed! Why would OpenTable allow me to make a reservation when the place isn't even open on that day? Please adjust this feature as it is an inconvenience to your users who depend on your service to check hours of operations for them. This totally ruined my very first Mother's Day as a new Mommy:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night outOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/26/2014Good food, quick service, great prices (with drinks, our dinner came to $39 and the food was well worth it). Ambiance terrible! Can't say I enjoyed the dinner just because of the environment.Special Features:
- The following 97 reviews are from the Limon Rotisserie – Bay View reviews archive.
- Extraordinary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014The food is fantastic. Absolutely fantastic. I wish they were open more evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they charge for everythingKatherynDined on 3/8/2014We were a party of 7. We went there because the delicious peruvian food.. but they said that they charge everything on weekends. "Lomo Saltado" is a traditional plate and of course comes with rice, but they charged it separetly. My mom ordered "Pollo a la Brasa" and they charged for the "aji" (spicy souce) and for every sauce they gave us. Plus.. they gave us extra plates that we did not ask and of course.. they charged for that. At the end.. when we took the food to go... they did not include the sauces and rice that we already paid. As soon we finished the food and paid... the waitress came and said that they needed the table and told us to go out. That was not polite at all. We are not going to come back again.Special Features:
- Limon BayviewBrendaVIPDined on 3/8/2014We've dined at Limon about 15-20 times now. Guess that may express how we feel about this restaurant, WE LOVE IT! Every visit we've made, the waiter/waitress have always been very helpful and polite. We have yet to walk out of this restaurant disappointed. Limon is the restaurant to go to for the best peruvian food in town! Yes, this is where you will find the best chicken, ceviche, and more!Special Features:
- Great place for Valentine's DaystarwarsfoodnerdDined on 2/14/2014Had a great meal here on Valentine's Day. Will definitely go back soon to get some more of the delicious chicken. Just don't get the table close to the door since you get a lot of the cold wind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itRupshaDined on 2/8/2014Food is really flavorful. The rotisserie chicken, empanadas and Lomito Saltado were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish as AlwaysMelissaloo27VIPDined on 2/1/2014Love this place. Everything i've had here has been delicious. Service can be a bit slow, but the food is worth the wait. I'm working my way through the whole menu :)Special Features:
- enjoyable experiencedineoftenDined on 1/24/2014the empanadas and rotisserie chicken are worth going for.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Creative Drinks!MarkPDined on 1/18/2014You can order anything here without going wrong. My regular staples include ceviche, empanada, chicharron de pollo (basically their version of Korean fried chicken), and the sweet potato fries. Note, though, it's hard to find vegetable-focused plate on the menu; meals at Limon are heavy on the meat and seafood. We brought a baby and the staff was nice and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food reasonable tabOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/11/2014We were always looking for a great restaurant neat the South San Francisco area where we often stay the night before a plane. Limon is 5 miles from the hotels at Oyster Point. The food is delicious, fresh, flavorful and portions are generous. The ceviches are fantastic as is the rotisserie chicken and the paella. I thought the prices were very reasonable. Parking is easy as they have their own parking lot . I will definitely return.Special Features:
- The food is flavorful andsdinesDined on 12/27/2013The food is flavorful and presentation is done well. However, the meat we had was not very fresh. The chicken was severely overcooked so it was tough and dry. The shrimp was verging on bland and the beef was also a bit tough.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodFrancVIPDined on 12/14/2013I was sooooo happy when Limon opened their store on 3rd Street - 5 minutes from my house. Food is consistently good - as good as their other stores; this one is much quieter, so very good for dinner conversations. They've recently limited their hours to the weekends only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. People sittingJodidaVIPDined on 11/15/2013Food was good. People sitting next to us were excessively loud. Lighting is to dark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodJarvsfDined on 10/18/2013The good was incredible... Nice portions. Tasty Drinks. Delicious Desserts. Easy Parking. My only negative was that they need a host or hostess.. We stood around for a bit before anyone came up to us and asked if we needed help. But they made up for it! The waiter was fun, polite, and efficient! We will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find in the bayviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2013Limon bayview is a great find in the bayview. lots of parking, much less crowded than the mission district Limon same great food and great service here in the bayview. worth the trek out to bayviewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not too greasyClarebearDined on 8/18/2013The food was not too greasy yet very delicious. Service was helpful and courteous. Convienent parking and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2013I love this location! This place has friendly staff! Overall experience at this location is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still remain a great place in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/1/2013I have been coming to this restaurant for many years and still holding up its good standards of food and good service. I compared it to Sazon in Santa Rosa and it is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was deliciousJamieDined on 7/31/2013My husband and I took a friend here for a birthday dinner, and everything was cooked to perfection and the service was great. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and succulent and all of the small plates and sides were delicious. My favorite truffle mac and cheese has never disappointed, and was smooth and creamy with just enough truffle oil to not be overpowering. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, the staff is always attentive, and the kitchen is consistently competent with the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert mealLittlePinayDined on 7/26/2013I discovered Limon when searching for restaurants near Candlestick Park, as my friends and I were attending the concert and wanted somewhere close to eat. Although our reservation time was quite early for dinner (315pm), it was Friday and we treated it more like late lunch, happy hour and early dinner all wrapped up into one. The food was delicious! We had the tuna tartare, shrimp and fish ceviche, papas fritas, rotisserie chicken with trio of sauces and truffle Mac and cheese. All the flavors were well balanced and very tasty...portions were perfect. The staff was nice and attentive, the space bright and comfortable. Overall great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2013If yo love Peruvian, this is the place. It's like an upscale Peruvian place and definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried Limon at different locationOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/20/2013Tried Limon at different location before but wanted to try this new place to take staffs out for birthday dinner. Even though I've had tried Limon before, the food was still delicious ... staffs were pretty happy with the food as well. Service and food were outstanding but the neighborhood is a bit skeptical ...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseLuv2stealrecipiesVIPDined on 6/16/2013After an afternoon hike with the dog at Ft. Funsten we checked out OT for a new restaurant close by. The reviews seemed good and there were other locations as well. We were hesitant given the other reviews citing it was in the ghetto. Well it was far from a bad area for sure-well gentrified- it was pleasant. The food was excellent. Crisp, not greasy empanadas with sauce; luscious ceviche-quite a healthy portion of fresh shrimp and fish; rotisserie chicken was so moist and tender!!!! the sauce trio was a treat lovely short rib small plate with perfectly cooked veg could have been a meal. The Sangria and signature sake cocktail were tasty and well balanced. would highly recommend this spot!!Special Features:
- Good foodFlowerDined on 6/13/2013Good food at this restaurant with great parking. Location is ok -not scenic!Special Features:
- Good value.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2013Modest prices for good roast chicken and fries. Friendly service. Wonderful Sangria. A good neighborhood spot for tasty, inexpensive dinner in a casual, friendly atmosphere. Easy parking.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in the BayviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/30/2013Went here for the first time to have lunch. Pleasant service and fast. Great menu, delicious.Special Features:
- Perfect Lunch RetreatFineDiningFanDined on 5/3/2013My friend and I treated ourselves to a weekday lunch. Parking was easy in a garage. The high ceilings, floor to ceiling glass windows, cool tones, concrete floor, and sleek dinnerware created a modern vibe. We found the list of cocktails exciting but settled for refreshing strawberry lemonade being a workday. We enjoyed the light crispy beef empanadas chock full with filling, the moist signature chicken, the sweet potato fries, and the lightly grilled vegetable assortment. Another highlight was the service. Accommodation in describing the dishes, refreshing our water, efficiency in meal preparation, and pleasant smiles were key. Small details down to which take out bag was hers and mine were appreciated. We highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LimonpchoyDined on 4/27/2013I love Limon! I have been to the one on Van Ness and just tried the one in Bay View. The one on Van Ness is always booked on weekends. So I tried the Bayview location, perfect. I was able to make reservations for Saturday on a Friday and when I arrived I was greeted by the hostess. He sat me down without having to wait for my party to arrive, even though, they arrived shortly after. We ordered quickly and the food arrived within minutes. Great service and same quality as their other locations. I think people just don't know about the location, but it's a great spot to check out.Special Features:
- "Amazing Food" - but not the area!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Food is AMAZING: i suggest the empanadas (we tried all 4) - the chicken is a must and so is the beef: definitely recommend the place. Location is ok near the ghetto area there is no street parking.The place is small yet cozy, we got our table fast, the service was good with friendly staffs. Service was a bit slow, or they were short staffed. I liked that they have free wifi and its not so noisy inside where you wouldnt have to yell just to talk to the person sitting across from you.Special Features:
- Unlike other Limon locationsHmmmmVIPDined on 4/10/2013Unlike other Limon locations in San Francisco, the one in Bayview offers exactly the same food and service without any wait and with plenty of parking and quieter ambience. If you don't care for the waiting and dilemma with parking, this is definitely the Limon.Special Features:
- Great Food, Quieter SettingMarkPDined on 4/2/2013Great food. Everything is solidly delicious! The ceviche is the best you'll get in the city. This Limon location is quieter than the others, better for having a conversation and less good for feeling cool. This area of Bayview looks perfectly nice, modern and clean. It's a little unnerving that the streets are empty at night. But don't be scared off simply because of the name of the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Need a solution for wind blowingeggyVIPDined on 3/8/2013Need a solution for wind blowing through door (plants by the door)Special Features:
- I work in South San FranciscoOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/6/2013I work in South San Francisco and this isn't too far. It's just 2 exits away. They have plenty of free parking. Restaurant has modern decor and an engergetic vibe. Food was good. We had ceviche mixto which has a simple and clean taste. The seafood they used was very fresh, and the big kerneled corn had a toothy texture to it, which I love. We had the chicken empanadas, which was good, and the Jalea, which was ok. Service was very friendly and attentive. Finished dishes were cleared and drinks refilled in a timely and unintrusive manner. Prices are reasonable. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- We were very pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013We were very pleasantly surprised. We needed a restaurant in the neighborhood. Food & service were both great. A refreshing changeSpecial Features:
- Delicious food! From the rotisserieOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2013Delicious food! From the rotisserie chicken to the ceviche to the truffle mac n cheese - all yummy! Location has its pluses and minuses. +Easy parking, -Neighborhood because nothing else is there.Special Features: