Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
1355 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ktrg.net/limelight-supper-club-and-lounge/
- Phone: 7202279984
- Hours of Operation:
For information about pre-show availability, and reservations, call (720) 227-9984.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available from Kevin Taylor Catering. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: 14th and Curtis Streets, in the DPAC
- Public Transit: We are two blocks from the Colorado Convention Center and Lightrail stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Garage on Arapahoe between 14th and 13th or under the Complex on 13th Street. Take the elevators to the main level (3), and immediately turn to right.
A word from Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
This chic, modern venue, centrally-located within the Denver Center for Performing Arts, is a popular gathering place for theater attendees and downtown diners alike. Serving dinner on performance days, as well as brunch prior to weekend matinées, it is perhaps most popular for a quick intermission cocktail. Guests are even allowed to carry a glass of wine back to the lobby of their theatres!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (7)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (5)scenic view (4)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Not what was advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014The menu was different than what was online, we basically had to settle for what we liked most, not what we actually liked. In addition, the waiter was not helpful, when asked what he would recommend, he replied "everything", which is the same as saying nothing. Then when giving us a "minute" to think about our order, he was MIA for 15 minutes! Nothing like keeping a pregnant woman from eating on her anniversary... We will not be returning.
- Quite good overalldinerccccDined on 7/22/2014Dined before theater - hint, reserve for 6p, not 6:30p for a 7:30 performance. Service was stressed, tho for us still excellent, when the 6:30 mass crowd showed up. At 6p we had plenty of time, very pleasant. We avoided dishes previously mentioned as not so good, and what we had was great- iceberg wedge, fries, steak, soup- except mistake in ordering the truly bad bread pudding, have the crème brulee instead. We liked the constant view people watching, the calm and pretty dining area, the large bar area, all very much. Overall not as bad as some have indicated, just be aware of what you will need to do yourself (leave plenty of time, careful ordering) to make it a good experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Limelight is very convenient for those of us who attend the symphony, opera, plays and Broadway productions. So glad there's as nice a restaurant as Limelight in the Complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice location for pre-theaterKimRNDined on 7/12/2014I've been to this restaurant 1-2 other times. I do love the colors and decor and the feel. Maybe because it was summer and a slow season, but they had a limited menu, and the wine we ordered wasn't available. The waitress was nice. Food was average.
- menu change disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014We dined at the Limelight Sat. night before a performance. There was only 1 other occupied table. The menu had changed since our last time there and they only offered a couple selections of seafood and meat entres. The salmon was dry and overcooked and served on a gelatinous red sauce with a few radishes and 2 asparagus. My husband's steak was served smothered in bernaise, cooked as ordered and tender. His crab cake appetizer was covered in sauce and not very tasty. This will be the last time we dine at Limelight unless some changes are made. Very disappointing.
- location perfectGo4funDined on 6/6/2014I might not be as enthused about this restaurant in another location but it is perfect for its location in the Denver Arts complex. The food is very good and you have the choice of lighter dining for pre-concert/theater. Especially on a busy night at the complex, it sets the scene and the mood for a fun evening out. They know that most people are there with a deadline so you are confident in getting food and drinks promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before SymphonyBistrofanDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant was a great place for a relaxing dinner before the Colorado Symphony's Star Wars concert! We enjoyed our meal and watched the concert goers arrive in costume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grammaDined on 5/25/2014Bring grandkids to productions at the DCPA to celebrate birthdays, special occasions, etc..Always a perfect dining experience regardless of their ages, from 12 to 22!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014Because Limelight is a Kevin Taylor restaurant, I had high expectations - not only for the food, but for the service as well. The service was terrible. It took 15 minutes for our server to notice us and an addition 45 minutes to get a drink before dinner. Some if the food runners looked utterly confused and the staff appeared to be running around like chickens with their heads chopped off. I was highly disappointed.
- Worst service everChrisDined on 5/24/2014It took 25 minutes to get our drinks and our waiter disappeared on multiple occasions. Of course he automatically put a tip on - he'd never get one on his own.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014The staff is always friendly and the food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater diningBootsDined on 5/16/2014When the staff knows you have a curtain at 7:30, they are especially attentive to see that you and your guests are served in ample time to get to the theater but without anyone feeling rushed That is a real talent.Special Features:
- GREAT---AGAIN!bennnieDined on 5/15/2014Catherine was excellent--timing our food so we could enjoy, but still be out the door to the play on time. I did miss the shrimp egg rolls, but the duck appetizer was OUT OF THIS WORLD!!! As always, looking forward to returning soon. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small menuDandDDined on 5/11/2014Food was salty and the small plates were not what was expected. Ceasar salad was had to cut with the butter knife and flavorless. Wine was good and the decor is nice. Typical Kevin Taylor dinning.
- Great food, uncomfortable chairsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2014Like other Kevin Taylor restaurants, this restaurant is so stark it reminds me of eating at an diner. For the price, I'd like to be more comfortable.
- I'm Not SureSuzzzanaDined on 5/9/2014I'm not sure what has happened. This used to be one of my favorite restaurants because not only did it have great food and wonderful service but it is also close to the theaters and concert venues. This experience wasn't good. The food was less than average, the dining room was stifling hot while the bar area was cool, the service was spotty at best. I may go back just because of its location, but it's not an inexpensive restaurant, so I may just look a little harder for something else close by.
- DaveDined on 5/8/2014We had reservations before an event at the Buell Theatre. Due to a crawl on the freeway we were a half hour late for the reservation, and only an hour before the play. The staff bent over backward to make sure we had a great dinner, and made it to the play with 10 minutes to spare.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price doesn't equal QualityJohnVIPDined on 5/3/2014Limelight has a convenient location, and they provide fast service for theater-goers. The service is very polite. The ambiance is great. But, oh my goodness, the food is terrible to the point of being insulting. I had the corn chowder soup to start and it was fine. I had the crab cake appetizer as my entree, and it was awful. I expected lumpy and flaky fresh crab. What I received tasted like canned crab that spent too much time in a food processor. It looked like a crisp hockey puck and was complete mush inside. To add to the insult, it was served with a side of food service quality (think Country Buffet or Denny's) tartar sauce. I'm disappointed to say I wouldn't feed it to my dog. I still can't believe the sad lack of quality.
- The following 1206 reviews are from the Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews archive.
- excellent - concerts and theaterellieDined on 4/26/2014side dish with the salmon…non-chewable….tooo many instructions hereSpecial Features:
- Convenient but disappointingjustmyopinionDined on 4/19/2014We ate for the first time at the Limelight Supper Club. We attended a show at the Denver Performing Arts Complex so the location was ideal. Most of the reviews I had read were very positive so we were excited to try this restaurant out. The menu selection was quite limited, but the cocktail and wine lists were extensive. Our waitress was personable and attentive. The entrees were a mixed bag. My chicken was moist and tasty; however, my husband's meat was very dry and tasteless and the plate presentation was less than impressive. Our dessert was just so-so. Overall, the convenient location is not a big enough plus to overcome a disappointing experience. We will try a difference restaurant within the complex next time.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014Brian did a great job. Pork chop was delightful. Scallops were a bit over done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Too Much For Way Too Littlejoeyboy795Dined on 4/18/2014The service and wine list were excellent, as usual, but the price of entrees has spiked. Three scallops, some baby carrots and peas cost $27. The food was well-prepared and tasty, but the portion was equivalent to a small appetizer. My wife shared a Ceasar salad with me and had an appetizer, and we enjoyed two glasses of wine each. The bill was $96+. We shan't return, which is a shame because we have enjoyed eating at Limelight for years before theater.
- DatenightBobbieDined on 4/4/2014This was a great evening, topped off by the Botti Concert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limelight is convenient and goodellieDined on 3/29/2014best location for DCPA! park early and eat an elegant meal. reservations honored and seating as requested…. the only negative is that if we order cappuccino after dinner, it takes too long and makes us late for the concert…so we skip it….even at 7pm...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/28/2014excellent place to eat prior to the symphony. The corn chowder was especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We really love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014We really love this place! The food is excellent and the service is impeccable. Our server was attentive but not intrusive. We never had an empty water glass, the delicious food arrived in a timely manner and overall I'd give this restaurant an outstanding grade!. The fact that it is located so near the theaters and the symphony make it an ideal spot to dine before a performance. I enjoyed our dinner there more than the brunch, but I did think paring the avocado salsa with the quiche was brilliant. And I must comment on the butternut squash soup! There can't be a better butternut squash soup anywhere in Denver! Superb! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex, our waitress, was warm,JaeSLDined on 3/22/2014Alex, our waitress, was warm, friendly and very efficient. Our food was served timely and was delicious as always. We were permitted time to relax, enjoy our bottle of champagne and have a fun experience before going to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnfortunatelyJdniDined on 3/22/2014I did have a negative reaction that pm and next day did a lot of sitting on a white throne. Very bloated could have been a rotovirus an employee may have had a cold and breathed on my food. Had lunch on sat went to bed without dinner and suffered most of naxt daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 3/21/2014I was disappointed with this restaurant. While the location is great for attending shows, the portions were skimpy (I left hungry, even after trying to fill up on bread and butter), the service was slow and the seating was uncomfortable. The chairs might be good for patio furniture, but not for a first class restaurant. Tim David
- Our wait person was knowledgeable,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2014Our wait person was knowledgeable, friendly sophisticated-she made our dining experience special. And the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, high priceskatelynbhickmanDined on 3/19/2014The food was good, but the menu wasn't extensive and there wasn't a single entree under $20. The portions were much smaller than I would have thought for the price as well. However, our service was fantastic and it is located across from the Buell theatre so getting to our show was easy enough.Special Features:
- A little over priced!snickersDined on 3/19/2014Although the food was good, there was very little of it. I think if we are being charged for a meal then we shouldn't be walking away still hungry and with a big check!Special Features:
- Dinner before theaterDoodlebugDined on 3/18/2014Had a 5:30 reservation before our 7:30 play. Dinner service was so slow I wash' t sure we had time for dessert, let alone time to go to the bathroom. We did make curtain. Food was fine but too slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A start to a perfect eveningshowgoerDined on 3/9/2014This was our first visit to the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed it. We had tickets to a show that evening and having noticed the restaurant going to other shows, prefiously we decided to have dinner before the show. My wife and I both felt we had a full and enjoyable evening and plan to do it again. In the past when going to a show, we would have an early dinner in our neighborhood; but from now on dinner will be a the Limelight Supper Club for sure. Food and service was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to eat beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014Wonderful place to eat before a performance at the Temple Buell! We drive up from Colorado Springs and eating at the Limelight is preferable because of its proximity to the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limelight has lost its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014The Limelight Suppler Club & Lounge has lost its luster. What used to be the perfect restaurant for a nice meal before theater is now an overpriced hodgepodge of poorly prepared and served small portions of bland fodder.
- Great food right next to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/7/2014Great food right next to the Theatre - friendly staff and delicious food. I'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to dine before a showItsshowtimeDined on 3/6/2014The location is perfect if you are going to see a show at the performing Art Center The food and wine was very excellent. The staff got us in food out in entry of time to make our show ( less than an hour)... I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great servicediscojimDined on 3/5/2014great service is the most important thing to me and I did received all of the above .Special Features:
- Very short-handed staff wise.BertDined on 3/4/2014Very short-handed staff wise. Made service less than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.