Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
1355 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ktrg.net/limelight-supper-club-and-lounge/
- Phone: (720) 227-9984
- Hours of Operation:
For information about pre-show availability, and reservations, call (720) 227-9984.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available from Kevin Taylor Catering. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: 14th and Curtis Streets, in the DPAC
- Public Transit: We are two blocks from the Colorado Convention Center and Lightrail stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Garage on Arapahoe between 14th and 13th or under the Complex on 13th Street. Take the elevators to the main level (3), and immediately turn to right.
A word from Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
This chic, modern venue, centrally-located within the Denver Center for Performing Arts, is a popular gathering place for theater attendees and downtown diners alike. Serving dinner on performance days, as well as brunch prior to weekend matinées, it is perhaps most popular for a quick intermission cocktail. Guests are even allowed to carry a glass of wine back to the lobby of their theatres!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- We were most impressed byOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008We were most impressed by our server. We wish we had remembered his name so we could request him for our next visit.Special Features:
- Packed afternoon. Very firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2008Packed afternoon. Very first special mother daughter musical outing I had taken my 10 year old. Sat outdoors.She wore her best pink dress.At the beginning of brunch the waitress spilled my drink (bloody mary)down my daughters back and COVERED her hair and dress.Manager offered dry-cleaning.They gave us dessert.AWFUL part was they left the dirty towel on the floor by our table during the entire meal,sloppy wet and red which made every other patron know something had happen. no extra napkins-had to get myself. My daughter was mortified and I was embarrassed by the lack of care. Rushed. Food brought on top of each course. Dessert brought before we were finished with meal. 5 star restaurant - 1 star service. Excuses were made. Awful and sad.Special Features:
- We have eaten at LimelightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/15/2008We have eaten at Limelight before and had good experiences. Tonight however two of us ordered the filet - it was the poorest cut of filet I have ever had and the other person did not eat his. He personally knows the owner and will be contacting him about this. Also, even though we both left a good portion on our plate, the waiter never asked us about it! I would hesitate to go again based on this experience! It is very convenient as it is right in our theater complex!
- I took a friend for her birthday;OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/15/2008I took a friend for her birthday; theatre after. Our meal: a complete disappointment. The salmon: not fresh; the dressing on the wedge had no flavor whatsoever and even after asking for more, still could not bring iceberg up to par. The tomato mozzarella salad was one small tomato slice and came with 2 2" slices of mozzarella. The dessert was the biggest disaster of all: she ordered a caramel walnut tart. The tart was a rock hard graham cracker crust with a thick non-descript layer of fudge. There was one piece of candy on top with a walnut inside. I eat out 4-5 lunches a week and 5-7 dinners; and I will never take a client or friend to this place. Although I eat out a lot, I expect good food always. Disappointing to the max.
- Never filled out a surveyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/14/2008Never filled out a survey before, but we were hoping as season theatre ticket holders this would be our new convenient dining spot before the performances. Unfortunately, menu very limited which would be fine if the few items were above average. Disappointing experience. Hopefully we will hear of improvement and try it again. To their credit they did take my over done filet off our bill, not at our request but on their own discression.
- This is our fourth visit andChuckVIPDined on 5/14/2008This is our fourth visit and each time we have been pleased.Special Features:
- Food is very good; chairsgirlgolferVIPDined on 5/13/2008Food is very good; chairs are very uncomfortable; creme brulee was almost frozen in middle but we were warned about very hot dish. Asked for it to be rewarmed and it still came out cold in middle; flavor, however, was wonderful.
- Nice experience, food wasjspsVIPDined on 5/11/2008Nice experience, food was interesting and well preparedSpecial Features:
- We did not realize we werejaneVIPDined on 5/11/2008We did not realize we were getting a brunch menu only for Sunday noon and it was a different brunch menu in that there were no egg type dishes. We ordered salads and really did enjoy them.
- Excellent alternative forSteakStarvedDined on 5/10/2008Excellent alternative for the theater, plus tremendous people watching in the DPC Galleria. A great improvement from it's predecessor. However, the plastic chairs are extremely uncomfortable, don't slide at all on the carpet, and make for a very long sit!Special Features:
- We enjoyed dining there aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/9/2008We enjoyed dining there a lot and will be back next time we go to a play or the Symphony. Thank you!Special Features:
- It was a very good meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/8/2008It was a very good meal and perfect for before/after the theater. The food was good, though perhaps not as outstanding as his other resturaunts. The service was good, but they make sure that you know they don't have time for tea/coffee refills or any "extras" due to the theater schedule.
- The waiter needed more experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/7/2008The waiter needed more experience. We ordered martinis; he didn't know what the house vodka was; we ordered Grey Goose; he came back and said they were out of Grey Goose; he thought the bar vodka was Stoly but came back saying they didn't stock Stoly; the bar vodka was Finlandia. My guest ordered a crabcake and side of asperagus; I ordered a tomato/mozzarella salad, and a crab cake. Everything came at once except my crabcake, and it took quite a while to get our waiter's attention to point out the error (my guest was almost finished with her entire meal). The crabcake came out quickly after that. I thought the quality of the food was excellent.
- Excellent experience! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2008Excellent experience! The only drawback was the not sharp knifes. Both my wife and I commented on the fact that a dull knife gave the impression of poor quality meat, while in fact the chop and steak we ordered were wonderful!Special Features:
- This is the second time we'veOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/6/2008This is the second time we've visited Limelight before going to the theater and it definitely won't be the last. We're so pleased that a decent restaurant finally landed in that space. Staff was attentive and made sure we hit curtain time with no problems. The menu is very well balanced. Something there for everyone's taste. Wouldn't mind seeing a few specials on the menu to offer some changes for the frequent diner. ThanksSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/2/2008The food was excellent, but our server was awful. We would have stayed for dessert but didn't want to put up with her terrible service any longer.Special Features:
- This restaurant got off toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/2/2008This restaurant got off to a mediocre start and appears to have only gotten worse. We started tracking service mistakes (over 12 total)after we saw two courses of our food delivered to the wrong table twice in a row, get carried around the dining room and brought back to the kitchen before finding its way back. Service personnel had everyones' orders wrong, not just at our table but at several tables nearby...lack of silverware, cold coffee-spilled all over the plates, one fermented dessert which was promised to be removed from the bill-AND WAS NOT!! This restaurant has the ultimate location- absolutely convenient to those seeing a show at DPAC and yet, we have vowed to walk blocks away to dine at ANY OTHER other restaurant in the future.
- This was our second visit,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2008This was our second visit, since it opened up late last year. Both times our salads came out very quickly, but ended up waiting too long before our main dishes came out. Both times we had to eat quickly, so we wouldn't be late for our concerts. Even with an hour and half of dinning time, both times, we still felt rushed. If we come back, we'll make sure that we allow two hours for our meals, which is a little crazy when we only have two courses.....Special Features:
- Our entrée's were very good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/2/2008Our entrée's were very good, however both the appetizers and cappuccino's fell into mediocrity. The Crab Louie consisted of smelly chunks of warm crab meat on a few strands of lettuce and pearl tomatoes. We ordered decaf coffee after dinner, only to be told they had none, incredibly. We went with decaf cappuccino, which was not even luke warm, and had no hint of froth. And to think we paid for that. The service, however, was exemplary, and I feel certain if we had complained, our waiter would have rectified the situation. Being under a time crunch to get to the theater, we felt it necessary to forgo the process. Some patrons at the table next to us had the roast chicken, and complained that it was pink and red around the bone.
- Good for lunch before a matineeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2008Good for lunch before a matinee in one of the theatres. On the day that I ate there, there were only 1-2 matinees scheduled, so the restaurant was not very full. I'm sure that the atmosphere would be different on a busy day.Special Features:
- Sat for quite a while beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2008Sat for quite a while before our order was taken. Waiter was very "strange". Duck pate was good, but caesar salad had enough dressing on it for 5 more portions. It was inedible.
- Unfortunately, the best thingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/19/2008Unfortunately, the best thing about this restaurant is its convenient location within the DPCA complex if you are attending a performance there. The food is okay, but not great. The service was very good. It really would be nice if they had really wonderful food, but so far none of the restaurants at that location have been that great. Not sure we will go there again other than for last minute convenience.
- Service was slow even afterOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/18/2008Service was slow even after we told our waiter we had a 7:30 show. We had no time dor dessert or coffee.Special Features:
- This was a perfect fit forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/16/2008This was a perfect fit for our evening. We had show tickets for 7:30 and our reservation was for 6:30. The staff was very accommodating and considerate of the timing. The food was delicious; we tasted each other's food so had a good sampling and enjoyed everything.Special Features:
- Absolutely superb food. UnderstateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/16/2008Absolutely superb food. Understated ambiance. Expensive.Special Features:
- Great to have this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/15/2008Great to have this restaurant right in the theater/concert complex. Very convenient.Special Features:
- Some of the plates were quiteCdaatdcVIPDined on 4/12/2008Some of the plates were quite good, e.g., the poached lobster; others like the Caesar salad, which was swimming in too much dressing and soggy, were disappointing. The service was friendly and efficient (although the promised adjustment for the inedible salad was not made on the check). The ambiance is pleasant and the setting ideal for a pre-performance meal.
- It was a lovely dinner befittingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/11/2008It was a lovely dinner befitting the environment in which it operates. I advised them that one thing that we missed from the days of its predecessor Theater Cafe was the presence of a pianist and singer who often played and sang during dinner.
- The main attraction of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2008The main attraction of this restaurant is location: it is in the Denver Performing Arts Center and so serves the pre-concert or pre-theater crowd. The food was pretty good: lobster was outstanding, pork chop was undercooked but excellent taste. The server was friendly and amazingly efficient. The one really poor aspect is their phone system, which is beyond awful. Also, be warned: not only can you not phone and tell them if you will be 15 minutes late, but it wouldn't matter anyway - they give away tables just 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- Great upgrade from TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/11/2008Great upgrade from Theatre Cafe. Great food at fair prices. Chair are not comfortable and are hard to move in out as one stands up and down. When we ordered our second bottle of wine there were not more so we had to switch which we did not appreciate. Our server Caroline at table 25 on April 12 was exceptional.
- It was a nice experience,girlgolferVIPDined on 4/10/2008It was a nice experience, but chairs are very uncomfortable. Great price point and value. Staff was very courteous and service was attentive.Special Features:
- The food is very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/9/2008The food is very good, but somewhat overpriced for the size of the portions. Because you cater to the theater crowd, I would suggest keeping the portion sizes but lowering the prices. The drinks are also VERY high.
- We've eaten here a few timesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2008We've eaten here a few times over the last few months and the best service was the evening we ate in the bar - the bartenders were fun and helpful (which was not the evening of April 7th). The food is always delicious but the prices are outrageous and the portions small. Our most recent dining experience, April 7th - we ate in the restaurant and asked for a steak knife to cut pork chops and were told the restaurant doesn't have any; also the chef would not allow any substitutions regardless of dietary necessity. Not the kind of service I would expect from a Kevin Taylor restaurant.
- What a great addition to theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/7/2008What a great addition to the DCPA. We love the ambience and are always amazed at how they manage to get everyone to their various venues on time and at the same time give the impression of a relaxing evening. It is also one of our favorite spots for late-night dessert.Special Features:
- Great for pre theatre dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/5/2008Great for pre theatre dinner. Really liked the food and prices. Keep them reasonable and we will be back every theatre night we have!Special Features:
- This was my second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/3/2008This was my second visit. First time, very good food and good service. Second time, very good food, but service was poor. Slow, lots of forgotten items, Also, my martini glass arrived only 2/3 full, and I had not been asked a preference for the gin, unlike on my first visit.
- The food was terrific, theChrisFieldVIPDined on 4/2/2008The food was terrific, the wait staff attentive, [but not overbearing] and the prices were reasonable. My wife and I will certainly return.Special Features:
- The food was as good as anyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/2/2008The food was as good as any I've found in Denver. The restaurant is much better than the restaurant it replaced, which might not be saying much, but it's great to have another excellent restaurant in the DCPA complex, in addition to Kevin Taylor's restaurant in the opera house. The ambiance in Limelight is slightly cold, though, again, a great improvement over the previous restaurant in the space. I think you could turn up the music (we were forced to share in the very personal conversation from the next table) and maybe add some bolder art.Special Features:
- My dining companions and IOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/1/2008My dining companions and I were extremely disappointed. While the food was delicious, the service was horrible. The waiter was slow, rude and cavalier. When the service manager stopped by our table to ask about the food and service, we laid it on him. He apologized and comp'd our first round of drinks. The service continued to decline. He stopped by again, and we laid out the issues. The service never improved. Denver has a lot of "great food" restaurants. It's often the service and the ambience that seal the deal. Limelight struck out big time on both counts. I've not been a fan of the 'decent food, horrid service' Kevin Taylor chain of retaurants that swarm the DCPA area, and in this respect, Limelight did not disappoint.
- Excellent service and food.NorthenderDined on 4/1/2008Excellent service and food. Looking forward to returning to try other items on the menu. Perfect if you have a play to attend. They are very careful to insure that you are served in a timely manner.Special Features: