Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
1355 Curtis St.
Denver, CO 80204Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ktrg.net/limelight-supper-club-and-lounge/
- Phone: (720) 227-9984
- Hours of Operation:
For information about pre-show availability, and reservations, call (720) 227-9984.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available from Kevin Taylor Catering. Please call for more information.
- Cross Street: 14th and Curtis Streets, in the DPAC
- Public Transit: We are two blocks from the Colorado Convention Center and Lightrail stops.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Enter the Denver Performing Arts Complex Parking Garage on Arapahoe between 14th and 13th or under the Complex on 13th Street. Take the elevators to the main level (3), and immediately turn to right.
A word from Limelight Supper Club & Lounge
This chic, modern venue, centrally-located within the Denver Center for Performing Arts, is a popular gathering place for theater attendees and downtown diners alike. Serving dinner on performance days, as well as brunch prior to weekend matinées, it is perhaps most popular for a quick intermission cocktail. Guests are even allowed to carry a glass of wine back to the lobby of their theatres!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (32)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (14)notable wine list (12)great for brunch (10)good for groups (9)neighborhood gem (8)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Usually have a great meal at the Limelight, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/23/2014Usually have a great meal at the limelight, but this was the first time I went for Brunch...was excited to try the Quiche, but was very disappointed. It was supposed to have asparagus, goat cheese, and sundried tomatoes. The only thing I had in it was tomatoes and they weren't sun-dried; just baked egg. The server was able to get me a side of goat cheese which added some flavor. Luckily the dessert was good, but not sure if I'll do the brunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChangingDRFletcherVIPDined on 11/22/2014We have been going here because it is convenient to the Symphony and the Opera, but after having two mediocre meals in a row this last two weeks, I think that we will look further afield in the future.
- Always a treat before the treat of a great showKathyVIPDined on 11/15/2014Service was super friendly and helpful. We didn't feel rushed, and we both appreciated being able to linger over a wonderful meal before going to the symphony to hear a wonderful performance. Food was great as always -- I highly recommend the truffle-fries, and one serving is plenty for two to share. The wine selection is commendable, and I've never been disappointed with a glass of wine recommended by the wait-staff. All in all, the Limelight is a great spot to dine before the show or symphony or opera. Enjoy . . . and then a short walk to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Convenient place to come before the theatre. The menu was a little off on Saturday, but I have been here many times and always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/14/2014We can always count on good service and good food at a venue that is highly convenient when attending the theater. Their featured wine was one of my favorites!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food has declined in tasteWeEatToEnjoyDined on 11/9/2014We've been to the Limelight on a few occasions because it is so convenient for the Denver Theaters. We were disappointed at this latest dinner. The menu has changed, which is fine. The Caesar salad and mussels were very good. Definitely enjoyed them. The scallops and the truffle fries were highly over-salted. My wife, who likes salt found it way too much. The "home-made" ice cream tasted bland, very little vanilla flavor. I think we'll try another restaurant for our next visit to the theaters.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesBellDined on 11/9/2014Ever reliable for its lunch and dinner choices and excellent service. Thank you.Special Features:
- BEST DCPA LOCATIONellieDined on 11/8/2014BEST PLACE FOR DINNER BEFORE DCPA PERFORMANCES. LENGTH OF TIME TO BRING CAPPUCCINO/COFFEE AFTER MEAL....TOO LONG AND RIDICULOUS. WAITERS RUSHED AT END PF MEAL FOR CHECKS AND COFFEE....FOR PEOPLE TO GET T SHOWS...EVEN IF WE ARRIVED AT 5:30...TWO HOURS SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR DINNER WITHOUT A LAST MINUTE DELAY THEN RUSH...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After theater mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2014My Mom and I dined here after seeing Kinky Boots at the theater. Despite arriving, a half hour early for our reservation, the hostess was able to seat us right away. The server was knowledgeable about the food as well as very engaging and friendly throughout the entire evening. A wonderful dining experience and one I'm sure we will revisit on future trips to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice mealmallDined on 11/4/2014Enjoyed it before the play at Buell - dinner was nicely served - great waitpeople - food was hot, nicely flavoredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient and FunweeatoutDined on 11/2/2014We have been eating at the Limelight before plays at the Buell Theater for years and always enjoy dining there. The food is always satisfactory, there is a relaxed atmosphere, and it's fun to look out into the atrium and "people watch."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Location for DCPAellieDined on 11/1/2014Limelight is THE best location for DCPA. But...The service could be more alert and attentive. ...especially with ticket/performance time just ahead. The enhancements around entrees are shrinking....tiny portions of potatoes and other things served with main course... weird.. Paying extra to share a course is ridiculous. Prices are high enough. Since some dishes are enough for two, the extra plate and splitting a dish should not be charged extra.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it..RickVIPDined on 10/31/2014Almost missed the show because the kitchen at this restaurant that only opens to serve dinner before DCPA evening productions, couldn't keep up. When we did get our food, far later than the parties at nearby tables who ordered after we had, it was sub par. Steak was closer to an Omaha steak than a $30 filet, and missing its sauce; the fish was overcooked. The limelight is convenient to the theatre, but there is much better dining a block or two away. Maybe we caught them on bad night.
- Limelight3catloverVIPDined on 10/31/2014First I will never go back again. I keep going back thinking it's going to be better. But it's not. The food is mediocre at bestThe only thing good on the menu was the truffle fries. The waiter was excellent. But it has nothing else to recommend it.we will never go back.The only reason I said it had a notable wine list is because the website required me to Filion something in that blank.Special Features:
- Dinner and theaterNinon2Dined on 10/21/2014Best place to go for dinner or a drink right before a good play. The perfect total package of a theater night!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceColoradoEatingDined on 10/18/2014Great service, excellent food, and an overall enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- Foodie44VIPDined on 10/17/2014This is a great restaurant to eat at before a play. I loved the pork belly sliders!Special Features:
- Great Night/Service!bennnieDined on 10/16/2014Not many people because Buell was closed, so nice and quiet--and slow. Trista was our server and she was THE BEST! Superior service with lots of time to chat. Food was, as usual, very good. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre - theater find!KathrunVIPDined on 10/14/2014Limelight is quick and delicious before a show at DCPA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too little for too muchEatoutalotDined on 10/12/2014Went here before a theater show. Menu looked good on line. Had reservations. The place was only 1/4 full but it took 30 minutes to get our food which made us rush through our expensive meal to make our show. The portions were extremely small and the prices high! Service was good but it did not make up for the rest. Would never go back. Food was only marginal in taste.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014We walked in an hour late for our reservation due to traffic and the kitchen staff had already been moved to the other restaurant. The host / manager? quickly let us know that he would whip up whatever he could for us so that we could eat before seeing the Blue Man Group. This was a huge delight and I would definitely go back again! AMAZING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a favShannonDined on 10/11/2014Always our favorite place to go before the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-showQuiltFairyDined on 10/5/2014I appreciate that I can make a reservation online, show up before a show, and know I'lll have a table. I have been here many times and appreciate the service.Special Features:
- I won't try again.ElizaVIPDined on 10/4/2014I've avoided Limelight for years, but some friends wanted to go before an event recently. Kevin Taylor has become well known for feeding captive audiences with astounding indifference. Two of us had the tuna appetizer; it looked as if a can of cat food had been turned out on the dish. We also had a cauliflower and a butternut soup; all cream, no flavor. No discernible cauliflower or squash. Another friend had the gnocchi; stuck to her teeth. A final friend said his crab cake was serviceable. Our server was, however, quite friendly and knew what he was doing. But I'm done with the KT restaurants. Maybe he needs to get out of the business.
- convenient for CSOellieDined on 10/4/2014convenient for CSO..but food this time was not good. chicken not browned and undercooked.my companion sent wine back , fortunately iour waiter tried to make up for our poor experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnteroDined on 10/3/2014A GREAT way to start an evening at the Theater. We have eaten there on three occasions and never been disappointed. Service and friendly staff is consistent. Not an extensive wine list, but a good variety with some excellent choices. Plan to eat there before every play we attend.Special Features:
- gem at the Performing Arts complexmackerDined on 10/1/2014This is a perfect choice if you are seeing a show at the performing arts complex. Park once, walk a few steps and you are there. The staff offers superior service, expertise on wine and timing for your show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for pre performancesOutontheTownDined on 9/19/2014We selected this restaurant for convenience prior to a performance in the Performing Arts center. Program started @ 7:30 and our reservation was for 5:30. We notified our Waiter, David, and he did a terrific job of coordinating the order, service and whole dining experience so allow us to leave on time. David was terrific with his menu and wine list knowledge. One note of caution - our reservation was on a Friday night which David said was a difficult night regarding weekend traffic and the various performances. At 5:30 we were the second table seated. By 5:45 the place started filling up and was full by 6:00. Make your reservation at the earlier times on a Friday evening.
- close to theaterlovethetheaterVIPDined on 9/12/2014Limelight is across from the Buell theater which makes it very convenient when attending a show. Their service is incredibly slow which was very disappointing.Special Features:
- theater and dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Limelight is an excellent pre-theater or any pre- performance choice in downtown Denver. The food is excellent, and the experience would be more relaxed if one went on a night when there are no performances. THe food is that good! No need to combine it with anything else, just enjoy the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed with the new menuhen48VIPDined on 9/10/2014We always dine here when we see a show at the Buell. We have been subscribers for the last 4 yrs. The new menu was a huge disappointment. My entree was the large portion gnocchi. There were maybe 4 gnocchi and 6 mushrooms. When I complained to the manager, he said others had also commented on this item. He was kind enough to comp us desserts which were larger than my entree. Not sure if we will return.Special Features:
- Good choice for pre-theaterTheolddogDined on 9/9/2014Make no mistake; this place is for pre-theater dining first and foremost. It was empty when we arrived, jammed during dinner, and dsestered when we left for our curtain. There also seemed to be poor communication between the front and back of the house. Pacing left much to be desired. We were served our salads fist, and then we All had a long wait for entrees to be served. When they came, the serving people were very ruched to get everyone's order to the table before they cooled off. B those thugs as they may, our orders were cooked are requested, and the meal was enjoyable. Better front-to-back communication is sorely needed.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-show dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We had tickets for a 7:30 show at the Buell, and I used the online app to make a reservation, which worked out great. Hint: get a 6:00 reservation for a 7:30 show so you don't feel rushed. Staff was gracious and appropriately attentive (read: not overly so). The menu was somewhat limited, but each offering was a gem. Perfect gourmet fare; I only wish we'd had time for dessert!Special Features:
- Not what was advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014The menu was different than what was online, we basically had to settle for what we liked most, not what we actually liked. In addition, the waiter was not helpful, when asked what he would recommend, he replied "everything", which is the same as saying nothing. Then when giving us a "minute" to think about our order, he was MIA for 15 minutes! Nothing like keeping a pregnant woman from eating on her anniversary... We will not be returning.
- The following 1223 reviews are from the Limelight Supper Club & Lounge reviews archive.
- Quite good overalldinerccccDined on 7/22/2014Dined before theater - hint, reserve for 6p, not 6:30p for a 7:30 performance. Service was stressed, tho for us still excellent, when the 6:30 mass crowd showed up. At 6p we had plenty of time, very pleasant. We avoided dishes previously mentioned as not so good, and what we had was great- iceberg wedge, fries, steak, soup- except mistake in ordering the truly bad bread pudding, have the crème brulee instead. We liked the constant view people watching, the calm and pretty dining area, the large bar area, all very much. Overall not as bad as some have indicated, just be aware of what you will need to do yourself (leave plenty of time, careful ordering) to make it a good experience.Special Features:
- BellDined on 7/20/2014Limelight is very convenient for those of us who attend the symphony, opera, plays and Broadway productions. So glad there's as nice a restaurant as Limelight in the Complex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice location for pre-theaterKimRNDined on 7/12/2014I've been to this restaurant 1-2 other times. I do love the colors and decor and the feel. Maybe because it was summer and a slow season, but they had a limited menu, and the wine we ordered wasn't available. The waitress was nice. Food was average.
- menu change disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014We dined at the Limelight Sat. night before a performance. There was only 1 other occupied table. The menu had changed since our last time there and they only offered a couple selections of seafood and meat entres. The salmon was dry and overcooked and served on a gelatinous red sauce with a few radishes and 2 asparagus. My husband's steak was served smothered in bernaise, cooked as ordered and tender. His crab cake appetizer was covered in sauce and not very tasty. This will be the last time we dine at Limelight unless some changes are made. Very disappointing.
- location perfectGo4funDined on 6/6/2014I might not be as enthused about this restaurant in another location but it is perfect for its location in the Denver Arts complex. The food is very good and you have the choice of lighter dining for pre-concert/theater. Especially on a busy night at the complex, it sets the scene and the mood for a fun evening out. They know that most people are there with a deadline so you are confident in getting food and drinks promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before SymphonyBistrofanDined on 5/31/2014This restaurant was a great place for a relaxing dinner before the Colorado Symphony's Star Wars concert! We enjoyed our meal and watched the concert goers arrive in costume.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.