1054 West Shaw Ave
Fresno, CA 93711Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelimelite.com/
- Phone: 5592241054
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Valentino Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wine
A word from Lime Lite
For the ultimate dining experience come join us at The Lime Lite…a Fresno tradition since 1964. The Lime Lite is proudly serving our fourth generation of valley patrons. Enjoy our comfortable atmosphere and award winning friendly service! The Lime Lite is well known for our hearty steaks, juicy prime rib, fresh sea food, and crisp salads! We offer an amazing selection of California wines supporting our hard working valley farmers. For a romantic evening dine on our elegant covered and heated year-round patio.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lime Lite - Best Restaurants in Fresno ›
Lime Lite reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (6)special occasion (5)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Do NOT Miss Lime Lite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Long a top white tablecloth gem in Fresno, Brandon Smittcamp has morphed The Lime Lite into simply the BEST dinner house in town (it's great for lunch or Sundayj brunch as well) The menu has been enhanced, the wine list is superb, main courses are varied and absolutely delectable. The staff abjectly follows Brandon's lead in offering the absolute epitome of caring, personalized attention. Staffers often ask a guest: "why are you with us today?" The purpose: to provide service exactly to match the guest's goals, be it a quiet, slow romantic supper or a business luncheon. With The Ripe Tomato now a part of Fresno's history, don't despair. The Lime Lite has stepped up, big-time!Special Features:
- Never beenHappyfoodieDined on 8/7/2014Will gave to return, this place us amazing! All four of us had a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gfoxdentDined on 6/28/2014The staff was excellent, wife's Halibut was best ever, Salmon could have been more moist. Owner was very involved in our welfare/happiness. Definitely would go there again but I was just visiting the area.Special Features:
- Best dinner of recent memory.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014My wife and I come here about once per month on average. The best date night we have had came recently at the Lime Lite. Always a great host and server experience. The food and atmosphere complete a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Lime Lite reviews archive.
- Great Food-Great ServicedavidbVIPDined on 6/21/2014Better than Ruth's and Flemings. Always cooked to perfection and everything is good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very gooddavidbVIPDined on 6/14/2014Went here a few years age and not very impressed-atmosphere was good but food was average but priced high. Went back recently after i heard they changed ownership and wow what a difference! Service is great but the biggest difference is the food. Great salad- perfect steak-well made drinks and yummy dessert! Will be back!!!Special Features:
- A local favoritecalalilyDined on 6/10/2014If you avoid big chain restaurants this is the place for you.Good food, hometown hospitality, big city service and wonderful ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2014It was a very enjoyable evening. The food and service were excellent as usual!Special Features:
- Warm and fiendlybumppaDined on 3/1/2014Great smaller restaurant with a great menu and impeccable service. We have been fans for years but just do not go enough!!!Special Features:
- My wife and I had a reservationPhlegonVIPDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I had a reservation but no table was available for us when we showed up, so that we had to wait. We had to wait a long time thereafter to put in our order and then again for the food to come. Obviously the restaurant was overwhelmed. That may imply that a lot of people liked it, but we didn't think the long wait was worth it, though the food was good.
- Great place for a special night outvanusaboyDined on 2/15/2014The atmosphere is very cordial ... lighting is perfect ... not too dark and not too bright. This is a linen tablecloth, fine china and sterling silver restaurant. The waiter was very knowledgeable of their menu and specials for the Valentines weekend. A bottle of champagne was placed on ice beside our table. Restaurant manager, Brandon Smittcamp, came by our table to welcome us to his restaurant and to make sure everything was perfect. We assured him that the food was excellent and the service superb. The only complaint that my date and I had was that, because we sat in the bar lounge area, the noise was bothersome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years Eve DinnerKvillaDined on 12/31/2013Food was excellent, good selection of choices (special menu) food was served piping hot & great flavor.Special Features:
- Age-Old Tradition With ImprovementsDAC111243Dined on 12/23/2013The Lime Lite has, for decades, been a Fresno staple - quality everything. Congratulations to Brandon Smittcamp who has taken a wonderful venue and made it even more outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old School Steak House FeelWhiskeyDogDined on 12/13/2013The decor has the feel of an updated old school steak house. Don't look for fluff and fancy. Just good steak house fare with an updated menu. Food quality was good but a little expensive. My wife ordered a well done Filet. It wasn't even close to medium when it came. She was disappointed because it had little flavor. Overall it is a nice place to meet friends and eat. If the food was stepped up a little I think I would be going more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary delightTF204Dined on 11/18/2013The evening was planned as a anniversary dinner. We were greated at the door, our table was set, and the evening started fun, relaxed, and warm. The hostess and waitress were professional and caring. Too, both had a great sense of humor. The service was professioanally relaxed, was not overbearing, and prompt. Our food was very well prepared, served hot, and came exactly as ordered. The prime rib was excellent and the salmon was even better. We received more than what we paid for!Special Features:
- Another Wondeful Dining ExperienceEagles1950Dined on 10/11/2013We returned to the Lime Lite with some friends for dinner last Friday evening. Once again the food and service were outstanding. This was our second time dining at the restaurant. We really enjoy the neighborhood feel and the friendliness of all who seated and served us. It is a treat to go there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly Locals HangoutJrjettVIPDined on 8/3/2013There's nothing better than dining at a place where the food is consistently good and you are treated like family. LimeLite is one of the places in Fresno that fills the bill. Their calamari appetizer, New York steak, and blueberry bread pudding always please.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Time at Lime LightEagles1950Dined on 8/2/2013We invited some friends to join us for dinner at the Lime Lite restaurant. We had heard good things about the restaurant and wanted to try it. The food was outstanding and the service was very attentive. We participated in the Fresno dining week and were impressed with the quality of the food, the quick service, and attention paid to us by the restaurant staff. We were at the restaurant around 6:00 pm and as the evening wore on the noise level which started very acceptable became rather noisy. By the way the exterior of the restaurant is very '50s and not very impressive. However, the dining room was cozy and quite attractive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Nightluv2dineDined on 5/4/2013I'm old enough and local enough to have experience in dining at most of the white table cloth restaurants in Fresno. I've eaten here quite a few times, I don't even know how many times, and I have to say it was great. Loved the Seafood Louie. And the fried chicken was cooked perfect! That's hard to do. Service was excellent. Looking forward to the next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/2/2013Service was very friendly and didn't overwhelm us. Made a reservation and was seated immediately. The prices were a bit high. I would go back.Special Features:
- We Love the Lime Light!!SCNaborsDined on 2/23/2013We love the Lime Light!! We can't say enough about the staff here... they are very attentive and the food is always amazing!! The bar here is great and they offer great wines and drinks. If you want an awesome dinner with great service and drinks then you need to check out the Lime Light!! Make reservations because they are very busy on Friday and Saturday Nights.Special Features:
- Always a favorite. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Always a favorite. Would have preferred the regular menu, but understand they change on New Years' Eve.Special Features:
- One of my favorite placesoriginalme8Dined on 12/29/2012One of my favorite places to eat in Fresno. The food is amazing, especially in summer as they do everything fresh and seasonal. I would recommend this to anyone who likes great food, and is willing to spend a little bit on a good meal.Special Features:
- Go !calalilyDined on 11/20/2012We always have a good time here.The restaurant is an old time Fresno icon.A new young owner is slowly bringing things up to date. We had a blackened salmon with a fried soft shell crab with tomato couscous.It was well prepared although I feel the "blackened"era has come and gone outside of New Orleans.The bar menu is too heavy on cilantro.Having said that....go.It's great to dine in a non-chain restaurant and we really want to support the efforts to bring this place up to "big city" standards.Victor was our waiter...very professional.Special Features:
- YES, WE WILL BE BACK!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2012Lime Lite was the perfect choice for lunch with a great menu and lunch specials. I also think it would be a great dinner choice. Food was fantastic. I had the Chicken Marsala, one of the lunch specials, it was delicious........and the dessert was amazing!!!! The service was perfect. Ambiance was very nice, with big booths. We were greeted immediately and made to feel very welcome. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Loved the Lime Lite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/23/2012The food was very good. We tried the seasonal specials and the homemade desserts; Excellent! I would return. The staff was very polite and helpful.Special Features: