Lime an American Cantina
500 16th St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Lime an American Cantina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatlime.com/Pavilions/
- Phone: 3036295463x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Pamela Savage-Sims
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Pamela Savage - Sims has a many options for off premise catering. From upscale Southwestern cuisine to a taco bar, as well as other types of cuisine if desired.
- Private Party Facilities:
"The Hacienda" is a private room featuring a beautiful bar, seating for 50 and room for 100 in a cocktail setting. The Hacienda opens to Lime’s patio through two open window "garage doors" creating an open air feel (weather permitting). The Hacienda has an independent heating and air system, allowing private dining patrons to experience the temperature they desire, without affecting the rest of the restaurant.
Though attached to the restaurant, the larger bar area overlooking the 16th St Mall (again with open air garage doors) offering a beautiful view and setting. This area can be completely closed off to private events. Only music would be shared with the rest of the patrons. Seating = approx. 150 persons and 300 for cocktail party setting.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffiny Lawson 3033058936x
- Cross Street: Glenarm
- Public Transit: 16 St. Mall Shuttle, Light rail is one block away. One block from convention center which connects to RTD bus and light rail.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground at the Denver Pavilions. Validation for parking offered to movie theatre patrons only, but validation is for 4 hours, so plenty of time for dinner and a movie. In addition, the Denver Pavilions offers $5 valet parking after 5pm, seven days a week. A great deal.
A word from Lime an American Cantina
Featuring "Fresh Mexican Food & Mighty Margaritas" and overlooking the 16th St. Mall, Lime is the premiere Southwestern and Mexican food spot in downtown Denver. This new location opened in November, 2013 on the 3rd Floor of the Denver Pavilions, and is a must see (and eat and drink) for locals and visitors alike. Since 2001, Lime has served Denver with signature dishes (Scorpions, margarita chicken) and drinks (Frozen margaritas & now frozen mojitos) that keep everyone coming back for more.Continued
Now the new Lime offers a stunning setting as well stunning cuisine.
Now the new Lime offers a stunning setting as well stunning cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Lime an American Cantina - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Lime an American Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)scenic view (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)Show More
- good timesdavidmad1Dined on 10/5/2014food was pretty good, atmosphere was excellent, service was terrific. Would definitely come here again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step abovehappilydiningVIPDined on 9/8/2014Always good food, friendly staff and quick service, its one of my favorite Mexican restaurants downtown. I had a combination of tacos (chicken, barbacoa and carnitas) which were good, but I wished they had a little more "something" to elevate them to a level that passes up the average taco. With each bite, I was thinking the meat needed extra moisture or some type of sauce that made them melt in your mouth delicious. I added lots of salsa and that made them very good. Maybe even extra sour cream and guacomole would have done the trick. The chili rellanos on other hand are SO good. They are crispy, not greasy and the melted cheese inside is savory and makes you want keep eating - yum!Special Features:
- Great on the MallBriarichVIPDined on 9/6/2014A much better venue on the Mall versus the old location in the basement off of Larimer. The food is very good as well as the service, but the location and view of the Mall is great. Fun at the Pavilions.
- Fun Ladies Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Loved the Frozen Mojito. Dinner was delightful with my friends before off to our show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Place for groups, families, drinks...nice atmosphere...great service.Special Features:
- More like a lemon than LimeJmichaelightVIPDined on 8/13/2014Came here with some co-workers and thought we'd give it a shot as it was close to our hotel. The restaurant itself is very beautiful. This is where the good stuff ends. The waiter didn't have it together at all. You'll get better Mexican food in your local strip mall than you will here. The place has potential, but the ownership really needs to wake up and start making wholesale changes with the staff.Special Features:
- A favorite Mexican RestauranthappilydiningVIPDined on 7/23/2014We always enjoy the food here; it has great flavors and we always look forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Loved the food and atmosphere!ColoradovisitorDined on 7/18/2014We were a group of out of towners and we enjoyed Lime! They had plenty of room for our larger group. Reservations were honored right on time. Food was outstanding and service was great! The Downtown Denver atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:
- Friendly Waitstaff and Good FoodFoodieTAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were looking for a place to dine on a patio and this was nice, with the breeze blowing through the upstairs of the mall. Good food, big portions. Not a fan of their chips - they are homemade fried flour tortillas which tend to taste like donuts. Friendly fun staff and the food came out quickly.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our party of 15 arrived at 1 pm, and the restaurant was empty. The server assigned to our table was brand new!! Appetizers arrived after our meals. 3 people never got their meals! The server and staff thst brought food to the table had no clue which dish was for which person. We had to figure out what dish we had ordered . We were there for 2.5 hours, for lunch!!! Our bills were impossible to figure out. This was the worse restaurant experience I have ever had!!
- The following 32 reviews are from the Lime an American Cantina reviews archive.
- quite touristyRLCIIIDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant has an unusual 3rd-floor downtown shopping mall location, in a very busy and touristy part of Denver off 16th Street. Service is a bit uneven, with cordial but seemingly-preoccupied table staff, and a hostess who seemed undertrained. During our visit we were disappointed that the selection that we ordered was not exactly what the waiter delivered to the table. We were also puzzled as to why in a Mexican food setting, we received french fries with our order. The food was tasty, but much higher in carbohydrates than one normally associates with Mexican-based cuisine.Special Features:
- Could Use ImprovementsTinaDined on 6/17/2014We were there with a group of 8 for lunch. Our server was a little unorganized and we had asked him twice for the chips and salsa and finally asked the water girl who then brought only one bowl of each for a table of 8 so we had to ask for another one. The food was good but not anything special. It could use a little spicing up. Everyone like their food but did not think anything was that great about it. Our server got better once we were eating, he was more attentive then. It is a nice looking restaurant, but I'm not too anxious to go back.Special Features:
- Some good, but MAJOR FAIL...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We went to Lime on Saturday night for my bachelorette party.When we go there, they had us set up at two separate tables right in front of the DJ. When we asked to be moved, the hostess was incredibly gracious about moving us to a spot where were were all together, not right under the speakers. We were doing all sorts of games and stuff, so I didn't have a chance to touch my food until everyone else was pretty much done with theirs. Once I did, I noticed that my veggie tamales were packed with meat, which I don't eat. I politely asked the server about it when she came around and her response was to look at me and say,"Well, I guess you will be getting drunk really fast tonight, huh?" Aaannd...that was it. Fail, fail, FAIL. Never going back.Special Features:
- Mexican Food FanaticTimSDined on 6/12/2014Food was tasty, service was attentive, margaritas were great. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- Good place/foodFatKidOnTheInsideDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time to the restaurant. We were greeted immediately upon arriving and sat at a table of our choosing just thereafter. The food was good, a little different than your standard Mexican food restaurant which was a nice change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but slowLARCDined on 5/19/2014The food is delicious, the atmosphere is fun and spacious. It seems they need to hire more servers or kitchen staff for lunch time. I've been there twice for lunch and both times the service was slow. This last time we were there an hour between ordering and our main course arriving. We did have some appetizers but even that took about 30 minutes. I will go back because I do enjoy the menu I just can't go there if I'm on a strict schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Love the garage doorsSharonVIPDined on 5/11/2014With Denver's weather (hello? Mother's Day snow storm!), they really planned this place right! I love how open or closed it can be. Service is great, food is awesome, love the margaritas!Special Features:
- Good food, bad servicedenverdiner1210VIPDined on 5/10/2014We were one of about 3 groups of people in the restaurant, and our service was not great. The main server seemed very uninterested, the people who brought the food out had no idea what food they had and were offering up to our table. For example, one of them handed me a burrito and said "barbacoa burrito" and I responded that I had ordered the carnitas burrito, to which he replied, "Oh ok, yes that is carnitas." Doesn't instill a lot of confidence. The food was good, nothing amazing, but everyone seemed happy with their meals. They had America's Funniest Home Videos playing in the bar (they sat us at a table in the bar area). It was distracting and seemed like a weird thing to have playing in a bar.Special Features:
- TerribleBethanyEatingDined on 5/9/2014The service was underperformed only by the food. There's a reason this place has moved from larimer to the pavilions (something we did not realize). Multiple dishes (fish tacos, anything with shredded chicken) came out looking like cat food. There were drunk 60 year old dancing obnoxiously next to our table and breaking glasses. The service was some of the worst I've experienced. They never once cleared a plate or a glass unless we pointedly handed it to them, at which time we were met with a scowl. Do not go here, tell all your friends not to go here.
- Girls night out 🍸Ready4moreDined on 5/3/2014My friends and I came out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Our server was wear a really cute Cinco de Mayo hat, and when I commented how adorable her hat was. As she returned with our drinks, she had actually brought me one of the hats. That was so nice of her to do!! We then headed over to the free photo booth and took some fun pics!!!! Thank u for a memorable, great food, and tons of laughs evening 🌟Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!TampaGirlDined on 4/30/2014I went to this restaurant while in town for a convention. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The food was delicious and the home made tortilla chips were to die for!!!Special Features:
- Great addition to the Pavillions!SharonVIPDined on 4/30/2014This place is awesome! Great ambiance! It's a bit pricey for lunch, but their happy hour specials and Taco Tuesday ($1 and same size as normal taco) are well worth it! Looking forward to summer at Lime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/29/2014Horrible service. Rude waitress. I know it's a cheap evening with $1 tacos. Ordered drinks they were wrong and nasty. I never write reviews but such a bad experience
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was sub par and service not great. What a waste of a nice location.
- Good pre or post show optionBreedotDined on 4/26/2014Good food, quick service, great margaritas and a short walk to the theaters made this a perfect pre-show option for our group of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but way to slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014The tacos for taco Tuesday were good and filling,but it took almost an hour to get our food. Don't go if you're in a hurry. There were 9 of us, but we all ordered just tacos. The manager came over and apologized but did nothing about it. We had to take our food to go because it took so long to get itI would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Experience at LimeMildredDined on 4/17/2014I had me first experience at Lime last week. Went to dinner with a few friends. We were greeted friendly and seated momentarily. The ambiance was nice. Our waiter was friendly, professional and honest. One friend ordered the fish tacos and said they were really good. Another friend ordered the chili reanallous and said it was excellent. I ordered the chicken tamales and unfortunately they were not good. I couldn't find the chicken and the black beans needed more seasoning. The rice was good though. Also the chips and salsa were excellent. Even though my dinner plate was below satisfactory, I believe I would try Lime again, but won't order the chicken tamales again. I would recommend Lime.Special Features:
- service could use some improvementLucyVIPDined on 4/16/2014We came in for lunch the other day and unfortunately, didn't have the kind of experience that made us want to come back. We got the wrong drinks and the server forgot our appetizer order. Lunch was good, but the server never asked if we wanted a second round of drinks. She just brought our check before we had even finished eating. Unfortuantely we were celebrating and would have liked a long lunch. We sat at our empty table for 45 minutes after paying our bill (from 12:45-1:30, not like it was the middle of the afternoon and they were closed) and never had anyone stop by and ask if we wanted anything else. They certainly weren't too busy, as the place was mostly empty. Hope that they work out the kinks.
- so-so food; unimpressive placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We made a reservation, but when we got there it was pretty empty. Oh, and they didn't mark down that we honored our reservation so I received an email from Open table asking why I didn't honor my reservation. The food was okay. One thing that bothered me was that staff kept coming to see if we were okay, every 10 minutes. Part of the problem could've been that our waiter was a trainee. One good thing, they were very accommodating in regards to breaking up our check for different payments. I don't live in Denver, but if I did, I'm not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!Amy303Dined on 3/17/2014We really enjoyed the $1 tacos for lunch on St. Patricks Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We wanted to have a nice dinner before going out for my to be sister in laws bachelorette party. The staff was quick to get us drinks, chips, appetizers and even dinner. The staff was fun and professional. I would recommend this place for any event of a nice dinner with friends or family. Great service,great food, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Twice is enoughDisappointedDined on 3/14/2014I have visited this location twice, I was hoping the bad experience the first time was a fluke. Both visits were a huge disappointment. The service is slow, there was only one waitress. The food is mediocre. On both visits, I have left with the impression that this restaurant is either run by a group who doesn't know what they are doing or that they just don't care.
- Great Place to start your eveningInnerCityGirlDined on 3/8/2014We had a 6oth birthday celebration downtown on Saturday night. Parking underground, enter on Welton Street, an elevator ride to the restaurant. It was a great experience so yummy and the staff was so friendly. A free shuttle ride to a show at the Clock Tower and another free shuttle ride back to the Pavilions. So perfect for everyone in our crowd. Thank you Open Table for the ease in making reservations. Next stop the Queen Mary in Long Beach. You guys ROCK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280AHBHDined on 2/27/2014We originally went here because of 5280, but ended up not even using that menu. We had always wanted to try Lime, so this was our chance. My husband and I enjoyed our entrees, and I loved how nice everyone was to my four year old daughter. Even though she was the only kid in the restaurant at the time, no one looked down on us for having her with us, which has happened at other restaurants. I loved the music playing and would recommend this place to anyone looking for some good Mexican food and a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedhappilydiningVIPDined on 2/10/2014This is a favorite lunch spot now and each time we look forward to coming back again!Special Features:
- Good food but not very busyNelsVIPDined on 2/8/2014My wife and I decided to visit Lime based on a positive recommendation from Scott. The food was good (not universally great). We visited Lime on a Saturday night at 6:30 PM and business was pretty slow. The greeters sat our table right in front of the kitchen door. On a busy night, I would not mind listening to people yell "corner" every few minutes, but on a slow night that table should have been the last one seated.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodhappilydiningVIPDined on 2/6/2014This is one of my new favorite restaurants downtown. The food is awesome. My only recommendation would be that they strive to be little more attentive to working customers who need to get in and out quickly so that they are within their alloted one hour lunch break. The food is served quickly, hot and always fresh, but each time I have had to ask for the check so we could pay and get back to work. I have been late getting back each time we go, so I will try to remember to ask them to have the check ready after the food is served.Special Features:
- not too goodMrEasyDined on 1/30/2014had a sizeable group for lunch. The place was nearly empty but even so, we rarely saw our waitperson. Service was very slow and inattentive. Food once it finally came was less than good (personally I'd stay away from the ribs). Very disappointed as I had been to other Lime's many times and generally had very good food. Based on what I saw, this place won't last long. Too bad, it's a good location and a good idea for downtown eatery, especially when summer comes and they can open garage doors.
- Fun spot for a quick mealDrJESDined on 1/25/2014Tasty meal and fast service make this a great place to stop for a bite before a performance. The noise level and choice of music would not make it a romantic destination or a place to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LimeJasmineDined on 1/18/2014Service was extremely slow and no management seemed to be available on the floor to take care of the problem. Food took more than an hour to get out after waiting a long time to even order.