Lime an American Cantina
500 16th St
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Lime an American Cantina
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatlime.com/Pavilions/
- Phone: (303) 629-5463
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm -12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Executive Chef: Pamela Savage-Sims
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Pamela Savage - Sims has a many options for off premise catering. From upscale Southwestern cuisine to a taco bar, as well as other types of cuisine if desired.
- Private Party Facilities:
"The Hacienda" is a private room featuring a beautiful bar, seating for 50 and room for 100 in a cocktail setting. The Hacienda opens to Lime’s patio through two open window "garage doors" creating an open air feel (weather permitting). The Hacienda has an independent heating and air system, allowing private dining patrons to experience the temperature they desire, without affecting the rest of the restaurant.
Though attached to the restaurant, the larger bar area overlooking the 16th St Mall (again with open air garage doors) offering a beautiful view and setting. This area can be completely closed off to private events. Only music would be shared with the rest of the patrons. Seating = approx. 150 persons and 300 for cocktail party setting.
- Private Party Contact: Tiffiny Lawson 3033058936x
- Cross Street: Glenarm
- Public Transit: 16 St. Mall Shuttle, Light rail is one block away. One block from convention center which connects to RTD bus and light rail.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground at the Denver Pavilions. Validation for parking offered to movie theatre patrons only, but validation is for 4 hours, so plenty of time for dinner and a movie. In addition, the Denver Pavilions offers $5 valet parking after 5pm, seven days a week. A great deal.
A word from Lime an American Cantina
Featuring "Fresh Mexican Food & Mighty Margaritas" and overlooking the 16th St. Mall, Lime is the premiere Southwestern and Mexican food spot in downtown Denver. This new location opened in November, 2013 on the 3rd Floor of the Denver Pavilions, and is a must see (and eat and drink) for locals and visitors alike. Since 2001, Lime has served Denver with signature dishes (Scorpions, margarita chicken) and drinks (Frozen margaritas & now frozen mojitos) that keep everyone coming back for more.Continued
Now the new Lime offers a stunning setting as well stunning cuisine.
Now the new Lime offers a stunning setting as well stunning cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Lime an American Cantina - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
Lime an American Cantina reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (8)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)scenic view (7)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)romantic (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Go for the chips, stay for the...AmyBVIPDined on 11/11/2014Tequila! We had a lunch group of 8 for taco Tuesday. The tacos are always delicious. The chips are melt in your mouth. The salsa is fire roasted goodness. My favorite drink is the CMF - like a mojito with cucumber vodka. YUM. We love this place.Special Features:
- Great location!jenn5280Dined on 11/8/2014I had not been to Lime's new location at the Pavilions and I was so pleasantly surprised. It is a great space, great location. We had a table by the windows, which were open because it was such a lovely day. It was fantastic. The service was a little slow, but the food was tasty and nicely presented.Special Features:
- Great place to go before a show.InnerCityGirlDined on 10/28/2014We had tickets to a show at the clock tower. Fast and friendly, Taco Tuesday was great. We parked underground walked to and from. It was flawless. OpenTable allow us to pick a place with a view. Great for groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerriblechrisDined on 10/25/2014We had reservations, and requested a table by the window wall overlooking the 16th St. Mall. When we got there, there were only 3 other parties, and we were told that we couldn't have a table by the window because there were other larger groups that had reservations. We sat there for 5 minutes before we even saw a server. The food was nothing to write home about. The margaritas were over priced. When we left, the place was still empty, including all of the tables by the window that we requested. I'm not going back. There's way better Mexican food restaurants in Denver.
- Food Could be BetterDudleyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food was not great. We loved it when it was on Latimer. Something's change. This is one that I wish did not change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11th Anniversarysb1911Dined on 10/23/2014We really loved the Larimer location of Lime. The new location in the Pavilions is a huge improvement. Same style, more room, and just nicer overall. We recently went to the new location for our 11th anniversary. The hostess hand drew a "happy 11th anniversary" sign and had it over our table. It was so nice (and thoughtful) we took it with us. Tons of instagram likes on that one. It was a great evening - food, service, atmosphere. Just really great. And the prices are incredibly reasonable for the quality of dining and experience. Top notch for downtown Denver.Special Features:
- good timesdavidmad1Dined on 10/5/2014food was pretty good, atmosphere was excellent, service was terrific. Would definitely come here again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A step abovehappilydiningVIPDined on 9/8/2014Always good food, friendly staff and quick service, its one of my favorite Mexican restaurants downtown. I had a combination of tacos (chicken, barbacoa and carnitas) which were good, but I wished they had a little more "something" to elevate them to a level that passes up the average taco. With each bite, I was thinking the meat needed extra moisture or some type of sauce that made them melt in your mouth delicious. I added lots of salsa and that made them very good. Maybe even extra sour cream and guacomole would have done the trick. The chili rellanos on other hand are SO good. They are crispy, not greasy and the melted cheese inside is savory and makes you want keep eating - yum!Special Features:
- Great on the MallBriarichVIPDined on 9/6/2014A much better venue on the Mall versus the old location in the basement off of Larimer. The food is very good as well as the service, but the location and view of the Mall is great. Fun at the Pavilions.
- Bad WaitressesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Terrible place to have lunch when they are doing their special. Their waitress paid us no attention and took over 1.3 hours to get 9 tiny tacos out to us. Water NEVER refilled and we weren't even provided menus once we asked what Taco Tuesday entailed. Horrible experience.
- Fun Ladies Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Loved the Frozen Mojito. Dinner was delightful with my friends before off to our show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Place for groups, families, drinks...nice atmosphere...great service.Special Features:
- More like a lemon than LimeJmichaelightVIPDined on 8/13/2014Came here with some co-workers and thought we'd give it a shot as it was close to our hotel. The restaurant itself is very beautiful. This is where the good stuff ends. The waiter didn't have it together at all. You'll get better Mexican food in your local strip mall than you will here. The place has potential, but the ownership really needs to wake up and start making wholesale changes with the staff.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Lime an American Cantina reviews archive.
- A favorite Mexican RestauranthappilydiningVIPDined on 7/23/2014We always enjoy the food here; it has great flavors and we always look forward to coming back!Special Features:
- Loved the food and atmosphere!ColoradovisitorDined on 7/18/2014We were a group of out of towners and we enjoyed Lime! They had plenty of room for our larger group. Reservations were honored right on time. Food was outstanding and service was great! The Downtown Denver atmosphere was amazing!Special Features:
- Friendly Waitstaff and Good FoodFoodieTAVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were looking for a place to dine on a patio and this was nice, with the breeze blowing through the upstairs of the mall. Good food, big portions. Not a fan of their chips - they are homemade fried flour tortillas which tend to taste like donuts. Friendly fun staff and the food came out quickly.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our party of 15 arrived at 1 pm, and the restaurant was empty. The server assigned to our table was brand new!! Appetizers arrived after our meals. 3 people never got their meals! The server and staff thst brought food to the table had no clue which dish was for which person. We had to figure out what dish we had ordered . We were there for 2.5 hours, for lunch!!! Our bills were impossible to figure out. This was the worse restaurant experience I have ever had!!
- quite touristyRLCIIIDined on 6/22/2014This restaurant has an unusual 3rd-floor downtown shopping mall location, in a very busy and touristy part of Denver off 16th Street. Service is a bit uneven, with cordial but seemingly-preoccupied table staff, and a hostess who seemed undertrained. During our visit we were disappointed that the selection that we ordered was not exactly what the waiter delivered to the table. We were also puzzled as to why in a Mexican food setting, we received french fries with our order. The food was tasty, but much higher in carbohydrates than one normally associates with Mexican-based cuisine.Special Features:
- Could Use ImprovementsTinaDined on 6/17/2014We were there with a group of 8 for lunch. Our server was a little unorganized and we had asked him twice for the chips and salsa and finally asked the water girl who then brought only one bowl of each for a table of 8 so we had to ask for another one. The food was good but not anything special. It could use a little spicing up. Everyone like their food but did not think anything was that great about it. Our server got better once we were eating, he was more attentive then. It is a nice looking restaurant, but I'm not too anxious to go back.Special Features:
- Some good, but MAJOR FAIL...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We went to Lime on Saturday night for my bachelorette party.When we go there, they had us set up at two separate tables right in front of the DJ. When we asked to be moved, the hostess was incredibly gracious about moving us to a spot where were were all together, not right under the speakers. We were doing all sorts of games and stuff, so I didn't have a chance to touch my food until everyone else was pretty much done with theirs. Once I did, I noticed that my veggie tamales were packed with meat, which I don't eat. I politely asked the server about it when she came around and her response was to look at me and say,"Well, I guess you will be getting drunk really fast tonight, huh?" Aaannd...that was it. Fail, fail, FAIL. Never going back.Special Features:
- Mexican Food FanaticTimSDined on 6/12/2014Food was tasty, service was attentive, margaritas were great. Definitely would return.Special Features:
- Good place/foodFatKidOnTheInsideDined on 5/24/2014This was my first time to the restaurant. We were greeted immediately upon arriving and sat at a table of our choosing just thereafter. The food was good, a little different than your standard Mexican food restaurant which was a nice change.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but slowLARCDined on 5/19/2014The food is delicious, the atmosphere is fun and spacious. It seems they need to hire more servers or kitchen staff for lunch time. I've been there twice for lunch and both times the service was slow. This last time we were there an hour between ordering and our main course arriving. We did have some appetizers but even that took about 30 minutes. I will go back because I do enjoy the menu I just can't go there if I'm on a strict schedule.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! Love the garage doorsSharonVIPDined on 5/11/2014With Denver's weather (hello? Mother's Day snow storm!), they really planned this place right! I love how open or closed it can be. Service is great, food is awesome, love the margaritas!Special Features:
- Good food, bad servicedenverdiner1210VIPDined on 5/10/2014We were one of about 3 groups of people in the restaurant, and our service was not great. The main server seemed very uninterested, the people who brought the food out had no idea what food they had and were offering up to our table. For example, one of them handed me a burrito and said "barbacoa burrito" and I responded that I had ordered the carnitas burrito, to which he replied, "Oh ok, yes that is carnitas." Doesn't instill a lot of confidence. The food was good, nothing amazing, but everyone seemed happy with their meals. They had America's Funniest Home Videos playing in the bar (they sat us at a table in the bar area). It was distracting and seemed like a weird thing to have playing in a bar.Special Features:
- TerribleBethanyEatingDined on 5/9/2014The service was underperformed only by the food. There's a reason this place has moved from larimer to the pavilions (something we did not realize). Multiple dishes (fish tacos, anything with shredded chicken) came out looking like cat food. There were drunk 60 year old dancing obnoxiously next to our table and breaking glasses. The service was some of the worst I've experienced. They never once cleared a plate or a glass unless we pointedly handed it to them, at which time we were met with a scowl. Do not go here, tell all your friends not to go here.
- Girls night out 🍸Ready4moreDined on 5/3/2014My friends and I came out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Our server was wear a really cute Cinco de Mayo hat, and when I commented how adorable her hat was. As she returned with our drinks, she had actually brought me one of the hats. That was so nice of her to do!! We then headed over to the free photo booth and took some fun pics!!!! Thank u for a memorable, great food, and tons of laughs evening 🌟Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!TampaGirlDined on 4/30/2014I went to this restaurant while in town for a convention. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable. The food was delicious and the home made tortilla chips were to die for!!!Special Features:
- Great addition to the Pavillions!SharonVIPDined on 4/30/2014This place is awesome! Great ambiance! It's a bit pricey for lunch, but their happy hour specials and Taco Tuesday ($1 and same size as normal taco) are well worth it! Looking forward to summer at Lime!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/29/2014Horrible service. Rude waitress. I know it's a cheap evening with $1 tacos. Ordered drinks they were wrong and nasty. I never write reviews but such a bad experience
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2014Food was sub par and service not great. What a waste of a nice location.
- Good pre or post show optionBreedotDined on 4/26/2014Good food, quick service, great margaritas and a short walk to the theaters made this a perfect pre-show option for our group of 4.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but way to slowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014The tacos for taco Tuesday were good and filling,but it took almost an hour to get our food. Don't go if you're in a hurry. There were 9 of us, but we all ordered just tacos. The manager came over and apologized but did nothing about it. We had to take our food to go because it took so long to get itI would recommend this to a friend.
- My First Experience at LimeMildredDined on 4/17/2014I had me first experience at Lime last week. Went to dinner with a few friends. We were greeted friendly and seated momentarily. The ambiance was nice. Our waiter was friendly, professional and honest. One friend ordered the fish tacos and said they were really good. Another friend ordered the chili reanallous and said it was excellent. I ordered the chicken tamales and unfortunately they were not good. I couldn't find the chicken and the black beans needed more seasoning. The rice was good though. Also the chips and salsa were excellent. Even though my dinner plate was below satisfactory, I believe I would try Lime again, but won't order the chicken tamales again. I would recommend Lime.Special Features:
- service could use some improvementLucyVIPDined on 4/16/2014We came in for lunch the other day and unfortunately, didn't have the kind of experience that made us want to come back. We got the wrong drinks and the server forgot our appetizer order. Lunch was good, but the server never asked if we wanted a second round of drinks. She just brought our check before we had even finished eating. Unfortuantely we were celebrating and would have liked a long lunch. We sat at our empty table for 45 minutes after paying our bill (from 12:45-1:30, not like it was the middle of the afternoon and they were closed) and never had anyone stop by and ask if we wanted anything else. They certainly weren't too busy, as the place was mostly empty. Hope that they work out the kinks.
- so-so food; unimpressive placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014We made a reservation, but when we got there it was pretty empty. Oh, and they didn't mark down that we honored our reservation so I received an email from Open table asking why I didn't honor my reservation. The food was okay. One thing that bothered me was that staff kept coming to see if we were okay, every 10 minutes. Part of the problem could've been that our waiter was a trainee. One good thing, they were very accommodating in regards to breaking up our check for different payments. I don't live in Denver, but if I did, I'm not sure I'd go back.Special Features:
- Great lunch spot!Amy303Dined on 3/17/2014We really enjoyed the $1 tacos for lunch on St. Patricks Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette partyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014We wanted to have a nice dinner before going out for my to be sister in laws bachelorette party. The staff was quick to get us drinks, chips, appetizers and even dinner. The staff was fun and professional. I would recommend this place for any event of a nice dinner with friends or family. Great service,great food, great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Twice is enoughDisappointedDined on 3/14/2014I have visited this location twice, I was hoping the bad experience the first time was a fluke. Both visits were a huge disappointment. The service is slow, there was only one waitress. The food is mediocre. On both visits, I have left with the impression that this restaurant is either run by a group who doesn't know what they are doing or that they just don't care.
- Great Place to start your eveningInnerCityGirlDined on 3/8/2014We had a 6oth birthday celebration downtown on Saturday night. Parking underground, enter on Welton Street, an elevator ride to the restaurant. It was a great experience so yummy and the staff was so friendly. A free shuttle ride to a show at the Clock Tower and another free shuttle ride back to the Pavilions. So perfect for everyone in our crowd. Thank you Open Table for the ease in making reservations. Next stop the Queen Mary in Long Beach. You guys ROCK!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.