1043 Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limani.com/
- Phone: 5168698989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 4:30pm-11pm and Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 12:00am Brunch: Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for information
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for banquet menu's
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Sutlovich 5168698989
- Entertainment: Please visit our website and click on "Upcoming Events" for information.
A word from Limani
Limani, a Mediterranean seafood restaurant focusing on traditional Greek specialties. We have come across a plethora of products that allows the Mediterranean diet to take its rightful place in the culinary landscape. Whether it is the premium first-pressed, cold-pressed olive oil from the Calamata, jewels of fish and seafood, or local organic vegetables, to special items such as the capers from Santorini or the Saffron from Kozani you will find it at Limani.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Limani - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Limani reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (71)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (32)good for groups (32)romantic (28)great for outdoor dining (27)great for lunch (25)great for brunch (22)vibrant bar scene (16)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- As usualleekDined on 8/30/2014Yes, as usual it was great, just like the last few times. The one complaint has nothing to do with the food or service. It's the valet parking. Why must I get grief when I ask to park my own car every time, even offering a tip up front that is refused for some reason ?Special Features:
- Always good fishKarenessVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am a lical Roslyn person. I never went for the "early bird" menu before, but tis time friends suggested it. The salads were OK, the main courses very good, and the desserts fine. It was the 2nd course that was a problem. The Lima beans were wonderful, but the mushrooms and peppers were an embarrassment. The portion was waaaay too small.Special Features:
- We love Limani!RoslynDined on 8/28/2014The warm pita and dips served when you are seated sets the tone for the meal. The menu offers appetizers that range from scallops and calimari to gigantes and mushrooms. The traditional Greek salad is delicious. The fish and seafood are always fresh and well-prepared. (We have never chosen any of the meat dishes.) Don't miss the desserts - baked good, yogurt, etc. Because everything is a la carte the restaurant can be pricey, but there is also an early prix fixe menu.Special Features:
- Seafood freshNorthernerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very expensive quality food. Interesting preparation excellent service. Fine food at manhattan prices in roslynSpecial Features:
- Service is totally indifferent...DisappointedDined on 8/28/2014to their clientele. More interested in their surroundings and interaction with each other. Far from attentive. And asking how was everything while on the fly without stopping to actually ask while we are dining is unacceptable for a "high end" establishment. And it was not overly busy at the time so no excuses.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerfranVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time to Limani and it won't be the last. Excellent experience from the wonderful service to my delish red snapper. The restaurant is beautiful and we were treated like royalty.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday celebrationRosieDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend for a birthday lunch. Restaurant is lovely. Service was excellent. We were able to sit and chat for over two hours and no one bothered us. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occassion.Special Features:
- reviewfenwickVIPDined on 8/19/2014I do not wish to bother to write a review at this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekLaneyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love this restaurant for it's food and ambience. Salad with tomatoes & feta is just fantastic. The fish is so fresh and deliciously, simply prepared. Really like everything about the restaurant. It's pricey but worth it for the well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:
- A winner!JoannieVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful overall dining experience ... from a four course delicious price fixed meal ... to the very attentive service. Although seated in the room that was a little less attractive, it was quieter. They accommodated my request. We definitely will return and recommend the restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/13/2014Lunch was delicious ... Our waiter was helpful in discussing our choices.Special Features:
- amazing brunchshahowDined on 8/10/2014The food was so good, from the french toast to the omelets to all the hot dishes, as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014I love this restaurant. However on a Sunday night I felt it was not so great…way too rushed, not the best staff on.Special Features:
- Early bird specialhunnewellVIPDined on 8/2/2014Definitely worth dining early, must order before 6:45pm. Nice menu selection, service very efficient. Food very good; we will dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch with a friendRestaurantReviewerDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I love Limani for dinner but this is the first time I've gone to lunch. The restaurant was quiet (unlike dinnertime when the noise level is deafening). The food choices were good as were the prices for such a lovely setting. The prix fix lunch is a great deal but we decided to order on the regular menu...lobster panini and salmon kebob were both very good. The warm pita bread with hummus and eggplant spreads was delicious. We didn't have dessert but I know from experience that the chocolate molten cake is a treat!Special Features:
- best on long islandYammerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The prices may certainly deter some, but the food is second-to-none on Long Island. Tomato Salad, Kolokithi, Grilled Fish and Horta. Where can you find a better meal than that?
- eatsout2VIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Limani for dinner. This is the first time we went there for Sunday brunch. It was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceImpatientDined on 7/18/2014Limani is the only really pretty restaurant we have on the North Shore...it is a pleasure to walk into. All my guests are overwhelmed.The service is very good and t he food is always great. The prices are fair.Special Features:
- Solid Greek FoodLivingston314VIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was very simple in preparation and prepared very nicely. Can range from moderate noise levels to very energetic. Costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to talk over lunch2eatersDined on 7/7/2014The food over time is disappointing. The prices are high and the service fair. But when looking fir a quiet place for a leisurely lunch in a beautiful setting, there is no other neighborhood choice. LiMani needs some management attention. The menu has also gotten tired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROMREO"S loved itharryopentableVIPDined on 7/3/2014My group is called ROMEO of NSCC and we lovd the lunch which was very congenial, and the food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have really used to like this pllace in the past but boy have they gone downhill. We are there Sunday night7:30. They tell us how they are out of half the menu . No whole fish whatsoever ( half the reason we go). No calamari or oysters or scallops or swordfish the only lobster is 2 1/2 lbs, very over priced and the service was horrible And it's pricey. Not going back
- excellent, butDangold6VIPDined on 6/29/2014I pay for excellence, but this is too high even for very good food, beautiful atmosphere and professional service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014Waiter gave good advice about prix fix. For a la carte salad he gave heirloom tomatoes which were only supposed to be on prix fixe. Instead of splitting dessert brought 2 desserts. Quiet sitting outside but not scenic at all.Special Features:
- Quite a scene not conducive the $$$brunchlady1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Lousy service, high priced but very good food, nice ambiance despite the lousy acoustics. Mgmnt should oversee the service staff incl their much needed additude adjustments.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a good spot ! Great Martinis! And food always deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great Unique SeafoodRLM26Dined on 6/15/2014Long Island has many seafood restaurants with great fresh fish served much the same style. Limani, however, brings it to a new dining experience with unique preparations. Appetizers tasted were the tuna special served carpaccio style, spanakopita-enough for two to share, as was the tantalizing tomato salad-the tomatoes had that "just-picked-fresh" flavor. Pass on the grilled sepia; while it was tasty and tender, it did not impress as well as other choices. The sea bass for two was delicate and ample for sharing, the tuna cooked perfectly to the other two diner's very different likings. Definitely try dessert, even if you only choose one to share (we chose 2 to share). Chocolatina will satisfy ANY chocolate cravings. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodsteveaDined on 6/7/2014Ambience and décor are exceptional. The service was excellent. Good for special occasions. A bit pricey for regular visistsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible waitReviewsGPCVIPDined on 5/31/2014I've always enjoyed Limani - the food is outstanding and the waiter service is generally great. The best dishes on the menu are definitely the octopus, sepia, and usually any of the whole fish dishes (I prefer Loup de Mer or the Fagri for 2). Unfortunately, if it's a weekend and you have reservations after 7pm, don't expect to be seated at your reservation time --- you'll probably have to wait anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour to be seated (reservation or not). Hopefully they'll stop double and triple booking tables, since it definitely kills the vibe for the evening. They tend to chauffeur in their regulars, regardless of a reservation or not, and neglect most others, hoping they rack up an unreasonable bar tab during the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2014We love Limani and go frequently. The fish is always fresh and prepared well and the service is excellent. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Good but not greatVinnievapDined on 5/23/2014Everything was good, but not great, expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- great foodm123Dined on 5/17/2014foodd is very good fish is very fresh service was greatSpecial Features:
- eatsout2VIPDined on 5/17/2014The food was great as usual. This time they forgot to bring my side dish with the entree. So the service left a little to be desired. They made up for it with a complementary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyfoodieDined on 5/17/2014Limani gives an upscale ambience while not letting down the quality and presentation of meals. Been there twice and loved the food and service. Only downside is the noise level which some people might find unappealing. Overall it's a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special function lunchlunch4sevenDined on 5/16/2014I recently, Friday, May 16, took a party of 7 to Limani's. It was our first time there and will not be our last. The food, service and prices were excellent. One of my guests wanted to know how to get there from Glen Cove because her husband's company needed a Mediterranean restaurant for corporate functions. I told her how to get there from Glen Cove, so Limani's has several converts! We each had something different, so we sampled the menu. The ambience was outstanding!Special Features:
- Return customerDwarf5257Dined on 5/11/2014They are very accommodating. They try to make you feel at home and always asking if everything is ok even if it is very busy. We love the Brunch but also the early bird dinner menu is great for the money . We mark this place as one of our favorite places on Long IslandSpecial Features:
- Fazio55VIPDined on 5/10/2014Limani seems to have found the magic again. After losing a large part of there team , including the head chef, to Kyma they suffered greatly. I stopped going because of this. But after hearing good things lately, we tried it again. Everything was very good, still not as good as kyma, but very good. The place was jammed pack and loud which wasnt pleasant but good for them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lossofhearingDined on 5/10/2014Had an 8:30pm reservation. At 9pm we were still standing at the bar. Our waiter, rushed us to order, didn't even offer to tell us the specials until we specifically asked if there were any. He spoke so fast we couldn't even understand him. So loud in the restaurant you need to shout to be heard. If you're looking for a quiet place do not go there. If you have a need to be in the scene, this is the place for you
- Good Food but review your checkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/9/2014I have been to Limani a dozen times and the food is very good. There is a good selection on the menu and my dinner is always top quality. However, sometimes waiters try to pressure you to over-order for the table and always make additions to the check every time I go there. For example, during my last three trips to Limani, the waiter added extra bottles of sparkling water on the menu and always claim it's a mistake. I no longer believe the mistake theory because the same routine occurs every time I go. If you can control and set limits with the waiter and carefully scrutinize your check, then Limani is a very positive dinning experience. Their seafood is always fresh and their dishes are well presented.
- Nice ambiance, pitiful seviceCarriefabDined on 5/9/2014Restaurant was quiet, service was inattentive. had to ask for diet coke 3 times. Prix Fixe for lunch was very food value and food was very good. Tomato salad was excellent as was the Branzino. I loved the yogurt dessert with honey and fruit, although my friends did not feel the same way. overall, lovely restaurant with food food and lousy service. We had fo wait at least 30 minutes between salad and main without a waiter in sight.
- The following 553 reviews are from the Limani reviews archive.