1043 Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limani.com/
- Phone: (516) 869-8989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 4:30pm-11pm and Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 12:00am Brunch: Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for information
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for banquet menu's
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Sutlovich 5168698989
- Entertainment: Please visit our website and click on "Upcoming Events" for information.
A word from Limani
Limani, a Mediterranean seafood restaurant focusing on traditional Greek specialties. We have come across a plethora of products that allows the Mediterranean diet to take its rightful place in the culinary landscape. Whether it is the premium first-pressed, cold-pressed olive oil from the Calamata, jewels of fish and seafood, or local organic vegetables, to special items such as the capers from Santorini or the Saffron from Kozani you will find it at Limani.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Limani reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (63)fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (37)hot spot (29)romantic (26)great for lunch (24)great for outdoor dining (23)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- LimaniRestaurantReviewerVIPDined on 11/24/2014I dined at Limani for lunch and it was lovely. The menu has many offerings including a prix fix lunch. It was quiet and comfortable sitting in the bar area with large wicker chairs & soft cushions. We were not rushed and the service was good. It was interesting to see a woman dining by herself, reading a book and just enjoying the peaceful surroundings. Lunch is a much different experience than the energetic experience at dinner. I look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants on LI. It's always consistently good. The atmosphere and vibe is great. There's a great bar area and a beautiful dining room. I love all the food. The fish and appetizers are amazing. The Greek salad has the best tomatoes!! And the yogurt dessert and the cookies are delish. Definitely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch except SaturdayGgfoodieDined on 11/21/2014Very good food, atmosphere and service. Sat night noise level makes having a conversation nearly impossible. Go during the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at LimaniLaurieVIPDined on 11/19/2014I have never had lunch at Limani before, only dinner and it was absolutely wonderful. There is a great $24 Prix Fixe lunch with great selections. The grilled octopus appetizer and salmon entree were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limaniupsetVIPDined on 11/15/2014I had 9pm reservations and walked in to the restaurant at 9pm sharp.After checking in i was told a table is being ready for us in a few minutes. At 930 we were still waiting and it wasnt until i relayed my frustration to mgmt. that i was finally seated.The table was in the bar area with people all around us. Obviously i will not return.Special Features:
- I have only good things to say about Limaniwmw322VIPDined on 11/13/2014Excellent service! Menu has something for everyone. Management stopped by our table to be sure we had all we wanted. Drinks were served precisely as asked for. Greek salad tops the charts. Everything was fresh and perfectly cooked. The cost of a dinner for two, at an upscale LI restaurant, is not for the faint of heart. Yet at Limani you are assured to be getting tops in every dining category.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodGloriousfoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The ambience and food both very good. The acoustics quite poor! Conversation had to be at an almost screaming level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service.MelIssaTDined on 11/6/2014The food and service was amazing, couldn't have asked for anything better. The owner was such a pleasure, really took care of us, gave us individualized attention and will definitely be dining here many more times, for work dinners as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Enough for Two Birthdays!Animal827Dined on 11/4/2014I went here for my birthday with my family and my wife loved it so much she requested that I make reservations here for her birthday. They have dinner specials every night, and the food is fresh. In the back you can see all the fresh seafood laid out over ice. They even have a prix fixe menu. The yogurt sampler appetizer is amazing, and I had fantastic fish both times. We went around six, so the place was a little empty, but we must have had 6 different people consisting of waiters, bus boys, manager, chef, etc. ask us how we were doing, they were really in top of their game. My wife thought I was some big shot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchieDined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service. Prix fixe dinner very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like we were rushedBLEVYVIPDined on 10/25/2014at this price point, the food while very good should not come out of the kitchen one course after the other. they were taking the appetizer plates off the table as the main meal was coming towards us.Special Features:
- Fine fresh fishNorthernerVIPDined on 10/21/2014Very fresh food. Excellent service. Attentive staff. One of the outstanding restaurants on the north shore. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations mean nothing hereMyopinionDined on 10/18/2014You may notice that reservations are surprisingly easy to obtain. Don't be fooled.They will make you wait hours for a table even with a reservation. This past Saturday night there was almost a riot when they made numerous parties wait and then they allowed a dorky little man with an obvious Napolean complex to curse out the hostess and forcibly take the next available table. The manager allowed the guy to get away with it which only upset the waiting throngs even more. Eventually we were seated and the service and food were good. By then, however, it was very late and everyone's experience had been ruined.Special Features:
- Poor service for dinnerloupdemerDined on 10/18/2014I couldn't figure out who was our waiter (several waiters). I didn't understand where was our bottle of white wine (far away). I didn't understand why there was not knife fish in a fish restaurant. I didn't appreciate at all the chef counting his tips in front of us while taking our order. The food wasn't cooked or grilled enough (fish and vegetables). Wine and dessert were good!Special Features:
- Well worth the moneyPastaLoverDined on 9/28/2014We went to Limani for brunch. $50 is not a small amount but you truly get your money's worth. You start with a complimentary drink (they give you a choice of 3 or 4 "breakfast" drinks, like mimosa}. The choice of food is great and it isn't the usual buffet food. Although I do not eat seafood, they had lobster and shrimp and it's all you can eat. There was a carving station, a large choice of entrees as well as fruit, waffles, pancakes, sushi, omelettes, desserts and some cheese (not a great choice of cheeses but it's hard to complain). We were impressed and we enjoyed everything we had. We had to wait a bit too long for our check but at least we never felt as though we were being rushed. I am sure we will be returning.Special Features:
- Quality GreekDinerDined on 9/27/2014It's a neighborhood standout. Fresh food, excellently prepared. Very elegant restaurant, good service. It has a beautiful outdoor area which is covered and reminiscent of a Greek taverna. There is a prix fie menu available if you order before 6:45 which offers a variety of good choices. The main menu is extensive with plenty to choose from. Fish on ice, open kitchen, separate dining areas. A wonderful experience to be had.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/25/2014food and service was better at previous dinners. portions were smaller and fish was not up to par.Special Features:
- waiter was pushieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2014great food but the waiter wanted to have us buy expensive wines and food tried to get us to get the meal ticket up every time he came to tableSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Excellent dinnerEGluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding menu, to the waiter, and the service staff, and especially the food. Dinner on a Saturday night, the restaurant was filled but the attention to our party was never less than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always goodKarenessVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our meal was delicious. The fish was prepared well and the portions on the prixe fixed meal were quite large. The service was not up to the usual standards. We waited a long time for service, and our dishes were whisked away quickly...sometimes while we were still eating. Our friend had to ask for his coffee twice before it came. This is not the usual service we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMarkBDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant was exactly what I expected after reading the reviews. It seems the courses were served fast, we barely finished our first course when the second course was brought out. I had to ask a number of times to have my water glass refilled, and it took quite a while to get the waiters attention to get the check after finishing dessert and our wine. We were just sitting, with our empty plates, looking at the waiter station and waving. I felt they were rushing to get us to finish our meal but then when the room didn't fill up the waiter(s) were nowhere to be seen. It seemed there were quite a number of regulars, which, coupled with the good food keeps the place busy, in spite of the high prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Expensive but perfect for a special occasion and the prix fixed is excellent with more choices than most I've seen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I ordered the octopus appetizer, although fresh and very tender it was too salty. The sea bass for 2 was the same size as the dorado for 1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SEAFOOD ON LIAmy1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always look forward to coming to Limani. They really know what they're doing when it comes to all things seafood - real skill in the kitchen. Always impossibly fresh, appealing and delicious - the flavors just jump off the plate.Special Features:
- As usualleekDined on 8/30/2014Yes, as usual it was great, just like the last few times. The one complaint has nothing to do with the food or service. It's the valet parking. Why must I get grief when I ask to park my own car every time, even offering a tip up front that is refused for some reason ?Special Features:
- Always good fishKarenessVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am a lical Roslyn person. I never went for the "early bird" menu before, but tis time friends suggested it. The salads were OK, the main courses very good, and the desserts fine. It was the 2nd course that was a problem. The Lima beans were wonderful, but the mushrooms and peppers were an embarrassment. The portion was waaaay too small.Special Features:
- jlupeVIPDined on 8/28/2014We enjoy Limani a couple of times per year. This was no exception. We were very pleased with the waiter's suggestions. As always, I love the Karpouzi and my husband's filet was delicious. The highlight of the meal was the appetizer special: tuna sashimi.Special Features:
- We love Limani!RoslynDined on 8/28/2014The warm pita and dips served when you are seated sets the tone for the meal. The menu offers appetizers that range from scallops and calimari to gigantes and mushrooms. The traditional Greek salad is delicious. The fish and seafood are always fresh and well-prepared. (We have never chosen any of the meat dishes.) Don't miss the desserts - baked good, yogurt, etc. Because everything is a la carte the restaurant can be pricey, but there is also an early prix fixe menu.Special Features:
- Seafood freshNorthernerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very expensive quality food. Interesting preparation excellent service. Fine food at manhattan prices in roslynSpecial Features:
- Service is totally indifferent...DisappointedVIPDined on 8/28/2014to their clientele. More interested in their surroundings and interaction with each other. Far from attentive. And asking how was everything while on the fly without stopping to actually ask while we are dining is unacceptable for a "high end" establishment. And it was not overly busy at the time so no excuses.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerfranVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time to Limani and it won't be the last. Excellent experience from the wonderful service to my delish red snapper. The restaurant is beautiful and we were treated like royalty.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday celebrationRosieDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend for a birthday lunch. Restaurant is lovely. Service was excellent. We were able to sit and chat for over two hours and no one bothered us. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occassion.Special Features:
- reviewfenwickVIPDined on 8/19/2014I do not wish to bother to write a review at this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekLaneyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love this restaurant for it's food and ambience. Salad with tomatoes & feta is just fantastic. The fish is so fresh and deliciously, simply prepared. Really like everything about the restaurant. It's pricey but worth it for the well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:
- A winner!JoannieVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful overall dining experience ... from a four course delicious price fixed meal ... to the very attentive service. Although seated in the room that was a little less attractive, it was quieter. They accommodated my request. We definitely will return and recommend the restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/13/2014Lunch was delicious ... Our waiter was helpful in discussing our choices.Special Features:
- amazing brunchshahowDined on 8/10/2014The food was so good, from the french toast to the omelets to all the hot dishes, as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014I love this restaurant. However on a Sunday night I felt it was not so great…way too rushed, not the best staff on.Special Features:
- Early bird specialhunnewellVIPDined on 8/2/2014Definitely worth dining early, must order before 6:45pm. Nice menu selection, service very efficient. Food very good; we will dine here again.Special Features:
- The following 580 reviews are from the Limani reviews archive.
- Lunch with a friendRestaurantReviewerVIPDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I love Limani for dinner but this is the first time I've gone to lunch. The restaurant was quiet (unlike dinnertime when the noise level is deafening). The food choices were good as were the prices for such a lovely setting. The prix fix lunch is a great deal but we decided to order on the regular menu...lobster panini and salmon kebob were both very good. The warm pita bread with hummus and eggplant spreads was delicious. We didn't have dessert but I know from experience that the chocolate molten cake is a treat!Special Features: