1043 Northern Boulevard
Roslyn, NY 11576Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limani.com/
- Phone: 5168698989
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am- 3:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 4:30pm-11pm and Friday - Saturday 4:30pm - 12:00am Brunch: Sunday 11:30am - 3:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for information
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for banquet menu's
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Sutlovich 5168698989
- Entertainment: Please visit our website and click on "Upcoming Events" for information.
A word from Limani
Limani, a Mediterranean seafood restaurant focusing on traditional Greek specialties. We have come across a plethora of products that allows the Mediterranean diet to take its rightful place in the culinary landscape. Whether it is the premium first-pressed, cold-pressed olive oil from the Calamata, jewels of fish and seafood, or local organic vegetables, to special items such as the capers from Santorini or the Saffron from Kozani you will find it at Limani.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Limani - Best Restaurants in Roslyn ›
Limani reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (59)neighborhood gem (44)hot spot (32)good for groups (31)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (30)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (20)vibrant bar scene (15)notable wine list (11)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Outstanding Excellent dinnerEGluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Outstanding menu, to the waiter, and the service staff, and especially the food. Dinner on a Saturday night, the restaurant was filled but the attention to our party was never less than excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food always goodKarenessVIPDined on 9/13/2014Our meal was delicious. The fish was prepared well and the portions on the prixe fixed meal were quite large. The service was not up to the usual standards. We waited a long time for service, and our dishes were whisked away quickly...sometimes while we were still eating. Our friend had to ask for his coffee twice before it came. This is not the usual service we have come to expect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentMarkBDined on 9/8/2014This restaurant was exactly what I expected after reading the reviews. It seems the courses were served fast, we barely finished our first course when the second course was brought out. I had to ask a number of times to have my water glass refilled, and it took quite a while to get the waiters attention to get the check after finishing dessert and our wine. We were just sitting, with our empty plates, looking at the waiter station and waving. I felt they were rushing to get us to finish our meal but then when the room didn't fill up the waiter(s) were nowhere to be seen. It seemed there were quite a number of regulars, which, coupled with the good food keeps the place busy, in spite of the high prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/7/2014Expensive but perfect for a special occasion and the prix fixed is excellent with more choices than most I've seen.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014I ordered the octopus appetizer, although fresh and very tender it was too salty. The sea bass for 2 was the same size as the dorado for 1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT SEAFOOD ON LIAmy1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Always look forward to coming to Limani. They really know what they're doing when it comes to all things seafood - real skill in the kitchen. Always impossibly fresh, appealing and delicious - the flavors just jump off the plate.Special Features:
- As usualleekDined on 8/30/2014Yes, as usual it was great, just like the last few times. The one complaint has nothing to do with the food or service. It's the valet parking. Why must I get grief when I ask to park my own car every time, even offering a tip up front that is refused for some reason ?Special Features:
- Always good fishKarenessVIPDined on 8/30/2014I am a lical Roslyn person. I never went for the "early bird" menu before, but tis time friends suggested it. The salads were OK, the main courses very good, and the desserts fine. It was the 2nd course that was a problem. The Lima beans were wonderful, but the mushrooms and peppers were an embarrassment. The portion was waaaay too small.Special Features:
- jlupeVIPDined on 8/28/2014We enjoy Limani a couple of times per year. This was no exception. We were very pleased with the waiter's suggestions. As always, I love the Karpouzi and my husband's filet was delicious. The highlight of the meal was the appetizer special: tuna sashimi.Special Features:
- We love Limani!RoslynDined on 8/28/2014The warm pita and dips served when you are seated sets the tone for the meal. The menu offers appetizers that range from scallops and calimari to gigantes and mushrooms. The traditional Greek salad is delicious. The fish and seafood are always fresh and well-prepared. (We have never chosen any of the meat dishes.) Don't miss the desserts - baked good, yogurt, etc. Because everything is a la carte the restaurant can be pricey, but there is also an early prix fixe menu.Special Features:
- Seafood freshNorthernerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Very expensive quality food. Interesting preparation excellent service. Fine food at manhattan prices in roslynSpecial Features:
- Service is totally indifferent...DisappointedDined on 8/28/2014to their clientele. More interested in their surroundings and interaction with each other. Far from attentive. And asking how was everything while on the fly without stopping to actually ask while we are dining is unacceptable for a "high end" establishment. And it was not overly busy at the time so no excuses.Special Features:
- Lovely dinnerfranVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was my first time to Limani and it won't be the last. Excellent experience from the wonderful service to my delish red snapper. The restaurant is beautiful and we were treated like royalty.Special Features:
- Lovely birthday celebrationRosieDined on 8/22/2014We took a friend for a birthday lunch. Restaurant is lovely. Service was excellent. We were able to sit and chat for over two hours and no one bothered us. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occassion.Special Features:
- reviewfenwickVIPDined on 8/19/2014I do not wish to bother to write a review at this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great GreekLaneyVIPDined on 8/18/2014Love this restaurant for it's food and ambience. Salad with tomatoes & feta is just fantastic. The fish is so fresh and deliciously, simply prepared. Really like everything about the restaurant. It's pricey but worth it for the well prepared, fresh food.Special Features:
- A winner!JoannieVIPDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful overall dining experience ... from a four course delicious price fixed meal ... to the very attentive service. Although seated in the room that was a little less attractive, it was quieter. They accommodated my request. We definitely will return and recommend the restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ellen28VIPDined on 8/13/2014Lunch was delicious ... Our waiter was helpful in discussing our choices.Special Features:
- amazing brunchshahowDined on 8/10/2014The food was so good, from the french toast to the omelets to all the hot dishes, as well as the serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014I love this restaurant. However on a Sunday night I felt it was not so great…way too rushed, not the best staff on.Special Features:
- Early bird specialhunnewellVIPDined on 8/2/2014Definitely worth dining early, must order before 6:45pm. Nice menu selection, service very efficient. Food very good; we will dine here again.Special Features:
- Lunch with a friendRestaurantReviewerDined on 7/29/2014My husband and I love Limani for dinner but this is the first time I've gone to lunch. The restaurant was quiet (unlike dinnertime when the noise level is deafening). The food choices were good as were the prices for such a lovely setting. The prix fix lunch is a great deal but we decided to order on the regular menu...lobster panini and salmon kebob were both very good. The warm pita bread with hummus and eggplant spreads was delicious. We didn't have dessert but I know from experience that the chocolate molten cake is a treat!Special Features:
- best on long islandYammerVIPDined on 7/26/2014The prices may certainly deter some, but the food is second-to-none on Long Island. Tomato Salad, Kolokithi, Grilled Fish and Horta. Where can you find a better meal than that?
- eatsout2VIPDined on 7/20/2014We have been to Limani for dinner. This is the first time we went there for Sunday brunch. It was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmbienceImpatientDined on 7/18/2014Limani is the only really pretty restaurant we have on the North Shore...it is a pleasure to walk into. All my guests are overwhelmed.The service is very good and t he food is always great. The prices are fair.Special Features:
- Solid Greek FoodLivingston314VIPDined on 7/14/2014Food was very simple in preparation and prepared very nicely. Can range from moderate noise levels to very energetic. Costly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to talk over lunch2eatersDined on 7/7/2014The food over time is disappointing. The prices are high and the service fair. But when looking fir a quiet place for a leisurely lunch in a beautiful setting, there is no other neighborhood choice. LiMani needs some management attention. The menu has also gotten tired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ROMREO"S loved itharryopentableVIPDined on 7/3/2014My group is called ROMEO of NSCC and we lovd the lunch which was very congenial, and the food was well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2014We have really used to like this pllace in the past but boy have they gone downhill. We are there Sunday night7:30. They tell us how they are out of half the menu . No whole fish whatsoever ( half the reason we go). No calamari or oysters or scallops or swordfish the only lobster is 2 1/2 lbs, very over priced and the service was horrible And it's pricey. Not going back
- excellent, butDangold6VIPDined on 6/29/2014I pay for excellence, but this is too high even for very good food, beautiful atmosphere and professional service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014Waiter gave good advice about prix fix. For a la carte salad he gave heirloom tomatoes which were only supposed to be on prix fixe. Instead of splitting dessert brought 2 desserts. Quiet sitting outside but not scenic at all.Special Features:
- Quite a scene not conducive the $$$brunchlady1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Lousy service, high priced but very good food, nice ambiance despite the lousy acoustics. Mgmnt should oversee the service staff incl their much needed additude adjustments.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014Always a good spot ! Great Martinis! And food always deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great Unique SeafoodRLM26Dined on 6/15/2014Long Island has many seafood restaurants with great fresh fish served much the same style. Limani, however, brings it to a new dining experience with unique preparations. Appetizers tasted were the tuna special served carpaccio style, spanakopita-enough for two to share, as was the tantalizing tomato salad-the tomatoes had that "just-picked-fresh" flavor. Pass on the grilled sepia; while it was tasty and tender, it did not impress as well as other choices. The sea bass for two was delicate and ample for sharing, the tuna cooked perfectly to the other two diner's very different likings. Definitely try dessert, even if you only choose one to share (we chose 2 to share). Chocolatina will satisfy ANY chocolate cravings. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodsteveaDined on 6/7/2014Ambience and décor are exceptional. The service was excellent. Good for special occasions. A bit pricey for regular visistsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek on LIFoodLustDined on 6/4/2014This is the best Greek restaurant I have eaten at, outside of NYC or Astoria. The ambiance and décor is very easy on the eyes - very modern and sleek. The service was great, as was the food. The chef was fabulous - came out to talk to us, even treated us a drink - we were celebrating our anniversary. I would highly recommend this to those that like a more upscale feel - if you like Milos in NYC, you will likely enjoy this as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible waitReviewsGPCVIPDined on 5/31/2014I've always enjoyed Limani - the food is outstanding and the waiter service is generally great. The best dishes on the menu are definitely the octopus, sepia, and usually any of the whole fish dishes (I prefer Loup de Mer or the Fagri for 2). Unfortunately, if it's a weekend and you have reservations after 7pm, don't expect to be seated at your reservation time --- you'll probably have to wait anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour to be seated (reservation or not). Hopefully they'll stop double and triple booking tables, since it definitely kills the vibe for the evening. They tend to chauffeur in their regulars, regardless of a reservation or not, and neglect most others, hoping they rack up an unreasonable bar tab during the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/30/2014We love Limani and go frequently. The fish is always fresh and prepared well and the service is excellent. We highly recommend it!Special Features:
- The following 563 reviews are from the Limani reviews archive.
- Good but not greatVinnievapDined on 5/23/2014Everything was good, but not great, expensive for what you get.Special Features:
- great foodm123Dined on 5/17/2014foodd is very good fish is very fresh service was greatSpecial Features: