Limani Seafood Grill
235 North Avenue West
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Limani Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limaniwestfieldnj.com/
- Phone: (908) 233-0052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Vastardis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: George Vastardis 9082330052
- Entertainment: Guitarist-Singer Latin Music Thursdays 6pm-10pm
A word from Limani Seafood Grill
Limani Seafood Grill in the beautiful town of Westfield, NJ features the freshest seafood dishes, steaks, rack of lamb, live lobsters from the tank, whole fish and a great raw bar. At Limani its all about the food, not to mention the soothing, eye catching decor. Enjoy a romantic dinner, or a business luncheon, or impress your family and friends every time you visit us. Plate presentation, freshness, combined with friendly professional service will impress you and your guests with every visit. Bring your favorite wine and enjoy the best seafood around. If planning a party or a special event call us for a customized menu and we will help plan your on or off premises catered affair. Open seven days for lunch, dinner, private parties and take outs. Reservations strongly recommended. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Limani Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Westfield ›
Limani Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)fit for foodies (67)special occasion (41)good for groups (31)great for lunch (20)romantic (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delightful BYOBPriscaDined on 11/19/2014This was our first dining experience at Limani Seafood Grill. The food was good but what impressed us most was the wait staff. The entire staff was friendly, accommodating and helpful. They made dining there an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemjcblackDined on 11/18/2014Do not know if it is, but Limani Restaurant has to be the top, or one of the top, seafood restaurants in New Jersey. The fish is always fresh and cooked to perfection. When I want any kind of seafood, Limani can always be counted on. The owner, George, and all of the staff, including the servers and the cooks, are always gracious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never fails to exceed my expectationsHowardVIPDined on 11/16/2014Limani's is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere and I travel extensively. I can always count on fresh, excellently prepared seafood here. George the owner of the restaurant greets all in a warm and friendly manner and sets the tone for the entire restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BEST seafood anywhere!TioPeteVIPDined on 11/16/2014Another superb dinner. The king crab legs were excellently prepared and literally melted in your mouth. All of the dishes are excellent as is the service. This is the way a restaurant should be!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RondineslovewinesVIPDined on 11/9/2014Excellent food especially the preparation of the fish entrees. Service is attentive, knowledgeable and efficient, not overbearing but always ready. Beautiful modern restaurant, nice ambiance, high ceilings, low noise level.Special Features:
- Great experienceLjg2298Dined on 11/9/2014Excellent experience. The waiter was stellar and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Seafood in Westfield!JoannejDined on 11/7/2014Excellent seafood, always fresh! The challenge is getting in on a Friday evening. I guess that's a sign of how good it is!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014The wife and I love going here for a special occasion. Always perfect service and food, and the owner is quick to remember your name.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatPerfectVIPDined on 11/5/2014Food is always consistently good. A little too much sauce for our fish, but we like it on the simpler side. Get the prix fixe for the best value. They let you customize any dish and this is unique, so do it if you want. Service was fantastic and very attentive. We were there for an Anniversary dinner and when our waiter found out, he brought us dessert with a candle. Special place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We reserved through open table requesting a good location table since it was a double celebration special occasion. After waiting at least a half hr in the crowded vestibule, with the hostess saying just a few more minutes continuously,our party of 6 was then seated at a makeshift table that was literally like a fold up outside wood table placed right next to the service Station which was quite loud and annoying with little room behind for the waiters to walk by without bumping into the chair. Our waiter was very kind and efficient which helped. We were given 2 complimentary Appetizers But we had all ordered one anyway. The food is fresh and good but with so many restaurant options, we don't need to go back there anytime soon.Special Features:
- NYCFoodieVIPDined on 11/1/2014Limani is a great restaurant. We have been going for years and always are happy we came back.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!ThePilatesLadyDined on 11/1/2014Our overall experience at Limani's was excellent. The menu was extensive with delicious Mediterranean fare. There were several selections of appetizers, entrees and desserts, as well as a full page of Chef Specialties. The food was prepared elegantly, and the portion sizes were generous. The owners were present supervising everything and were gracious hosts. We had a problem with our friends arriving late and they were able to seat us in a timely manner. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Love the bronzinobirdsthewordVIPDined on 10/31/2014We have ordered bronzino in many restaurants and none prepare it better than Limani. Grilled to perfection along with a Mediterranean sauce that just enhances the nutty flavor of this fish. Try an order of fava beans instead of the usual lemon potatoes and you will have a meal fit for a king. If a whole fish isn't your thing, there are always 10 or more seafood specials to choose from. The oysters are always briny fresh and succulent. Our daughter loves the fish tacos. Kudos to George and staff.Special Features:
- needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014The "hot" grilled seafood appetizer was not hot and did not have grill marks. The lemon sauce was nice. My grilled sea bass was also not hot. The sides appeared to be sitting in a pot and just thrown on the plate. And again not hot. For the prices that are being charged the kitchen has to step up the food a lot. The waiter was very nice and the maitre d was we're nice when arriving and sitting me.
- SuperbAlexBVIPDined on 10/25/2014Superb Seafood restaurant in Westfield, NJ. Super fresh seafood at very reasonable prices. Great service and involved owner make this place a winner.Special Features:
- Sensational Seafood Menu!easydiningDined on 10/25/2014My date and I had dinner at Limani on Saturday. We both had the grilled Mahi which was delicious. We've had dinner several times at Limani and have always enjoyed the experience. They have by far the best selection of seafood that I can think of in downtown Westfield NJ easydining 10/27/14Special Features:
- Excellent for FishmyobDined on 10/25/2014Everyone at our table enjoyed their fish dishes, from fresh oysters to grilled, blackened and roasted entrees. The waitress was earnest but not very well informed about the details of the dishes. However, she immediately sought the answers to our questions and brought an owner (or perhaps manager) to our table. He was very helpful and reflected the overall hospitable vibe in the restaurant. On a Saturday night it was jam-packed and very noisy, but our orders appeared in the appropriate length of time. Overall, a great choice if you're in the mood for fish.
- Thanks, George!BessDined on 10/21/2014Amazing, as always! We'll see you again next week.Special Features:
- Too noisy!RagapoppyDined on 10/18/2014I have consistently enjoyed my meals at Limani, but during my last visit I could not carry on a conversation due to the noise level. Needless to say, my meal was finished as quickly as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FintasticbaronVIPDined on 10/17/2014Large selection of fresh fish available in a variety of delicious preparations. Large portions, reasonable prices and friendly and attentive service. Daily specials are a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Good!eMarvelousVIPDined on 10/16/2014We were a party of 4 women and 2 infants for dinner last night. The owner was very accommodating of our request to fit us all comfortably - and reserved a large table where we had room to spread out. Our server couldn't have been nicer - accommodating, friendly, not obtrusive but there when you needed him - and he made great recommendations. The appetizer of Melitzanosalata, Hummus, Feta and Tsatziki spreads with pita was delish; great to share. Instead of the flaming saganaki cheese with ouzo, our waiter recommended a special of fried saganaki cheese with figs, which was to die for. The jumbo shrimp scampi over linguini was cooked perfectly and we also loved the linquini with clams. We will definitely keep Limani on rotation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb mealTioPeteVIPDined on 10/12/2014great food and service-what more could you want???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Definitely going backPaulfVIPDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food and great service. Food was fresh and plentiful. Server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is consistently a winner. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid mealskl822Dined on 10/9/2014Great variety, especially seafood, always great service, never had a bad meal here - can't go wrong!Special Features:
- baronVIPDined on 10/9/2014Wide selection of fresh seafood, deliciously prepared. Portions are large. Service is attentive and affable. Prices are reasonable and specials a good bargain.Special Features:
- Outstanding as Always!LoveseatingintheCityDined on 10/9/2014I've been to Limani many times.....it's one of my all-time favorite restaurants. If you love fresh seafood, you'll love this place. We were lucky enough to go on the last night of restaurant week, so we got a great deal on a 3-course meal. My dining companions had never been to Limani, and I took them after the matinee at the Paper Mill. They raved about the food and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JERSEYGIRLVIPDined on 10/8/2014We went to Limani's for Restaurant Week - and will be sure to go back soon. Portions (which most restaurants stint on for Restaurant Week) were generous. The food, Greek seafood (Limani means "port" in Greek), was extremely good. We had the flounder made lemon sole style and the strip steak - both excellent. The appetizers (a hummus and eggplant puree plate and saganaki) were perfect as were the wonderful Greek salads. Service was good - attentive and friendly without being fawning or annoying. We will definitely be back -- soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SeafoodKatieDined on 10/4/2014If you enjoy seafood this is the place. Fresh & delicately prepared. Menu includes fish that you won't find on a typical menu. Try something different, you won't be disappointed. Grilled octopus appetizer was the best! Excellent service.Special Features:
- Limani excellent food and serviceMondayVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food and service at Limani's is always exceptional. We had dinner on October 3 our party had three different appetizers and dinners, each one was excellent.Special Features:
- Does not live up to the reviewsNjchefDined on 10/3/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The service was very good however the food preparation was generally poor. We had appetizers which where average at best. The entrees did not live up to the website's promises. Ironically the special was the worst if them all. The sea scallop special was over cooked and tough. The blackened tuna was bland with no real blackening done at all and the signature cod dish was bland and cold. Presentation was pedestrian at best. Don't waste your money.
- Great sea food and moreThanks2uDined on 9/26/2014Terrific service and food Management is attentive, and the preparation of the food was pleasent to the eyes and taste. It was a special occasion for us and they handled it perfectly I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteTerriDined on 9/25/2014The oysters were excellent. Our main courses were delicious as always. Our waiter was top notch. And I love that it's a BYOB. This place never disappoints!Special Features:
- HariMDined on 9/17/2014The food and preparations were excellent. We all ordered the prix fixe special for $39 which consisted of 3 courses: an appetizer, including clams on the half shell, a large portion of mussels provencale, and beets with a potato/garlic spread; a second course with a choice of salads or one of 3 soups; and entrees of soft shell crabs, grilled bronzini, pistachio crusted cod etc. There were many choices in each category. The fish was fresh and delicious. The serving staff was well trained and efficient, and our waitress was especially lovely. We had a wonderful dinner here and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great oystersbirdsthewordVIPDined on 9/12/2014Super fresh, full bodied blue point oysters to start, then softshell crab in a delightful sauce of wine, capers, tomatoes and herbs...absolutely delicious. Corvino special with cannellini beans and spinach was a great choice. Always a great meal at Limani where the service is attentive and accommodating. Don't forget to bring your favorite wine, as Limani is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014They are always a solid choice for a good fish dinner. Everything is fresh and tasty. Service is always good. Just note it gets noisy on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodtopnotchDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food as always and very accommodating and excellent service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!GloriaDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful dining experience celebrating my sister's birthday. Our server could not have been more helpful, polite & professional. The hostess made us feel welcome & was very familiar with the menu items also. The food was delicious from beginning to end. The chef made sure I sampled the Crab Cakes since I was afraid to order them due to a spice sensitivity. They were excellent & will order them next time. We will be going back for sure! How refreshing it is to go to a restaurant where the whole staff really cares that you are happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy limani existsFoodienotDined on 9/6/2014The yummiest freshest calamari in town. The horseradish salmon is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer find in WestfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. I'm never dissappointed. Food is really terrific all around.Special Features: