Limani Seafood Grill
235 North Avenue West
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Limani Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limaniwestfieldnj.com/
- Phone: 9082330052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Vastardis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: George Vastardis 9082330052
- Entertainment: Guitarist-Singer Latin Music Thursdays 6pm-10pm
A word from Limani Seafood Grill
Limani Seafood Grill in the beautiful town of Westfield, NJ features the freshest seafood dishes, steaks, rack of lamb, live lobsters from the tank, whole fish and a great raw bar. At Limani its all about the food, not to mention the soothing, eye catching decor. Enjoy a romantic dinner, or a business luncheon, or impress your family and friends every time you visit us. Plate presentation, freshness, combined with friendly professional service will impress you and your guests with every visit. Bring your favorite wine and enjoy the best seafood around. If planning a party or a special event call us for a customized menu and we will help plan your on or off premises catered affair. Open seven days for lunch, dinner, private parties and take outs. Reservations strongly recommended. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Limani Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Westfield ›
Limani Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (83)fit for foodies (71)special occasion (53)great for lunch (37)good for groups (36)romantic (19)hot spot (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- HariMDined on 9/17/2014The food and preparations were excellent. We all ordered the prix fixe special for $39 which consisted of 3 courses: an appetizer, including clams on the half shell, a large portion of mussels provencale, and beets with a potato/garlic spread; a second course with a choice of salads or one of 3 soups; and entrees of soft shell crabs, grilled bronzini, pistachio crusted cod etc. There were many choices in each category. The fish was fresh and delicious. The serving staff was well trained and efficient, and our waitress was especially lovely. We had a wonderful dinner here and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great oystersbirdsthewordVIPDined on 9/12/2014Super fresh, full bodied blue point oysters to start, then softshell crab in a delightful sauce of wine, capers, tomatoes and herbs...absolutely delicious. Corvino special with cannellini beans and spinach was a great choice. Always a great meal at Limani where the service is attentive and accommodating. Don't forget to bring your favorite wine, as Limani is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014They are always a solid choice for a good fish dinner. Everything is fresh and tasty. Service is always good. Just note it gets noisy on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodtopnotchDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food as always and very accommodating and excellent service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!GloriaDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful dining experience celebrating my sister's birthday. Our server could not have been more helpful, polite & professional. The hostess made us feel welcome & was very familiar with the menu items also. The food was delicious from beginning to end. The chef made sure I sampled the Crab Cakes since I was afraid to order them due to a spice sensitivity. They were excellent & will order them next time. We will be going back for sure! How refreshing it is to go to a restaurant where the whole staff really cares that you are happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy limani existsFoodienotDined on 9/6/2014The yummiest freshest calamari in town. The horseradish salmon is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer find in WestfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. I'm never dissappointed. Food is really terrific all around.Special Features:
- always goodeveaftVIPDined on 9/5/2014We've eaten here several times and have always has a pleasant experience. The staff have also been accommodating any time we had any special requests.Special Features:
- Ok at BestChipDined on 8/31/2014The meal was mixed...20 minutes after I ordered I learned they were out of Tuna...the entrees were fine save a horrible mash potato...nothing to compel us to make a return visit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have eaten at Limani's several times and have never been disappointed. Will continue to keep them as a top pick for dinner.Special Features:
- Less noise at a rock concertRudy22Dined on 8/30/2014Had 8:00 reservation. Finally got seated at 8:30. Then, room was so noisy we literally couldn't hear our waiter nor each other. So, we couldn't carry on a any dinner conversation. Food was very good and our waiter was good. But overall experience was terrible. NOT worth the $$$. Will never return.
- Soft Shell Crab BonanzabirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/28/2014At the risk of repeating myself, I want to say there is no better place for sauteed soft shell crab than Limani. Once the season is over I will go to my next favorite dish, Mediterranean style, grilled bronzino. The catch is fresh, always pure bliss, presented simply but delivering on flavor. Bring your appetite, a favorite bottle of wine, order some blue point oysters, and just enjoy the Limani experience. No matter what you choose from the menu, Limani never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in Northern NJ!!!!!!!TioPeteVIPDined on 8/24/2014OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE- There are so many delicious dishes on the regular menu, there's no need for specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlink0225Dined on 8/20/2014I have no words to say other than perfection. Everything was to my liking. I would return there in a heartbeat. Do not miss it!Special Features:
- Soft shell crab, always the bestbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/17/2014When soft shell crab is in season, you will always find us at Limani. Having this favorite seafood entree elsewhere has always proven to be a let down. We also feel the same about the whole grilled bronzino. They prepare this fresh, whole fish, in such a simplistic but flavorful manner. We also enjoy their oysters on the half shell, succulent and briny, a dozen is never enough. Ready for a summer seafood fix? Limani is the destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and asst wildlife in WestfieldwinediverDined on 8/16/2014BYOB is one of the most important criteria for any dining. That out of the way. The fish was fresh. Soft shell crabs in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxury Lunch!CAPTNCDined on 8/14/2014entertained a "gourmand" supplier here last week - they were quite pleased with the crab cakes and excellent service. The atlantic salmon was cooked just right, absolutely delicious. Highly recommended if you want good value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous seafoodByobfan4sureDined on 8/10/2014My husband started with oysters from the raw bar and they were so fresh and clean. The lobster bisque was excellent and loaded with pieces of lobster. Crab cakes and stuffed shrimp were delicious and portion sizes are reasonable. If you're looking for excellent seafood, Limani is the place. We love BYOB's and this was an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go wrong with LimaniElizabethDined on 8/8/2014Another great dinner at Limani Seafood Grill , if you want a delicious seafood must visit this place, my husband and I went back for scallops and figs dish and the whole red snapper cooked to perfection .Will come back soon.Special Features:
- Another nice dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fish tacos are always awesome - split with my companion since two is more than a meal! The apple and fig scallop special was excellent. No room for dessert. Service with Robert is always more than excellent!Special Features:
- AwfulFoodiefinder1234Dined on 8/8/2014I went with a group of friends and I ordered the fish tacos. They were awful. I ordered an entree, blackened salmon and it took over 30 minutes to get to my table. The salmon was good because I ate it at home. My party finished eating and had the bill when I got my food. Where we sat was very noisy. I would not go back.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took my boyfriend there for his birthday. He loved the food. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please stay away....TommyGDined on 8/1/2014Limani is AWESOME! Stay away so we never have a problem getting a table. Its perfect just the way it is. Always a full house but never too crowded to get a table. Some of the freshest seafood in New Jersey! Everything is always good from the appetizers to the dessert. The specials are on point too. I keep waiting for there to be a blunder but for years there has not been oneSpecial Features:
- Delicious...Lava124Dined on 7/30/2014Cute little place with absolutely delicious food! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, as always!BessDined on 7/29/2014Thanks for another amazing evening! Food was incredible, and we got to sit outside where my husband could smoke a cigar... there was a nice breeze and we could hear the music they play every Tuesday night in downtown Westfield. Had such a great time we made a reservation for the following week before we even left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fresh fresh !Plate2palateDined on 7/26/2014Food was great; we split a fried calamari salad which was AMAZING we also split a grilled octopus salad which was just ok. After that we had a trio hummus platter which was sooooo good!!! We split a whole dorado for dinner it was super soft and moist and fresh! The dipping oil and seasoning with the bread is excellent . They have cran walnut rolls too that they don't like to give out because they go very fast; but if you ask, they will bring you some ! Delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/very noisyJAS36Dined on 7/26/2014Our party of 4 were impressed with the overall food quality and efficient service to this BYOB place. Red Snapper special, Salmon special, crab cakes and Cod were all perfect. However, bring your ear plugs or get lucky and get seated in the front away from the larger of the two dining rooms. Conversation is difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood dishes!Stang02Dined on 7/26/2014The mussels and andouille sausage appetizer was delicious and the scallops were prepared to perfection. the menu had a very large selection and everything looked good. It was really hard to choose. We started out at a table by the back door and there was an odor coming in so the waiter graciously moved us. Everything was great from that point on.Special Features:
- Another Great DinnerElizabethDined on 7/23/2014You can't go wrong going to Limani for dinner , always on the spot, fresh fish , great service and again on weeknights not so busy as weekends so you really can enjoy . This time I had the whole branzino and my husband had a broiled scollops both dished cooked to perfection . Can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Always a go to for consistent seafood and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a little priceyfrugalman1Dined on 7/19/2014its Westfield not New York City! I thought the food was absolutely delicious the bread was nice even though that was not fresh. I like warm bread not cold bread. Especially since I was the first one there at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I see the menu selection was very nice however about 30 to 40 percent too expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night ThursdaybirdsthewordVIPDined on 7/17/2014Went out to dinner on a whim craving oysters and softshell crab. I had both and loved every bite. My husband had the ahi seared tuna and it was ruby red and butter soft. My soft shell crabs were prepared in a wonderful wine sauce and the oysters were briny, cold and delicious. Our date night was perfect, great food and a couple of glasses of cabernet, who could ask for more? Any one looking for a seafood fix must try Limani's. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, as always!BessDined on 7/15/2014Thanks for an amazing evening! The food was excellent, our server was lovely... I only wish we could come back tonight!Special Features:
- The BEST seafood anywhere!TioPeteVIPDined on 7/13/2014No where else can you get Brazilian lobster tails or king crab legs like that served at Limani. The "normal" seafood menu is also SUPER with excellent weekly specialsSpecial Features:
- nice neighborhood placeSev1Dined on 7/11/2014For fish and seafood lovers. All is fresh, some dishes are just good, some are excellent, depends what you like The owner and the staff are friendly
- Fresh seafood at it's bestBertVIPDined on 7/10/2014This was the first time I had eaten in Limani and was pleasantly surprised at the quality and presentation of the food. The restaurant was busy and they probably could have had more waitstaff, but the waitress we had was very pleasant and accommodating. I had children with me and they were kind enough to bring their food before the rest of our table so the hungry kids could eat before they caused a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent fresh seafoodeddieDined on 7/5/2014we continue to have excellent, very nicely prepared, fresh seafood every time we visit this greek-seafood establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best seafood in Central JerseyElizabethDined on 7/4/2014The place is neighborhood gem ,great fish selection -New York City menu with New Jersey prices and bring your own wine helps the cost down. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and servicebirdsthewordVIPDined on 7/4/2014We started off with a dozen cold and briny oysters followed by a soft shell crab entree special and Mediterranean style bronzino. Both choices were outstanding. Our server, Robert, made sure our water and wine glasses were always filled and that we had all that we needed. It was July 4th and the restaurant was packed yet the appetizers, entrees, dessert and coffee were served in a timely manner. Thank you Limani for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood SelectionTonyBlueDined on 7/4/2014Lemani has one of the most varied selections of seafood and fish in the area. The atmosphere is nothing special and it can be a bit noisy; but if you want to choose from a half dozen types of fresh fish or the full range of seafood, this is an excellent and reliable choice. Additionally, they offer a number of Greek appetizers and generous salads, including a classic Greek salad, which is shareable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.