Limani Seafood Grill
235 North Avenue West
Westfield, NJ 07090Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Limani Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.limaniwestfieldnj.com/
- Phone: 9082330052
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: George Vastardis
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: George Vastardis 9082330052
- Entertainment: Guitarist-Singer Latin Music Thursdays 6pm-10pm
A word from Limani Seafood Grill
Limani Seafood Grill in the beautiful town of Westfield, NJ features the freshest seafood dishes, steaks, rack of lamb, live lobsters from the tank, whole fish and a great raw bar. At Limani its all about the food, not to mention the soothing, eye catching decor. Enjoy a romantic dinner, or a business luncheon, or impress your family and friends every time you visit us. Plate presentation, freshness, combined with friendly professional service will impress you and your guests with every visit. Bring your favorite wine and enjoy the best seafood around. If planning a party or a special event call us for a customized menu and we will help plan your on or off premises catered affair. Open seven days for lunch, dinner, private parties and take outs. Reservations strongly recommended. We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Limani Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Westfield ›
Limani Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (65)special occasion (45)great for lunch (33)good for groups (31)romantic (18)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Too noisy!RagapoppyDined on 10/18/2014I have consistently enjoyed my meals at Limani, but during my last visit I could not carry on a conversation due to the noise level. Needless to say, my meal was finished as quickly as possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FintasticbaronVIPDined on 10/17/2014Large selection of fresh fish available in a variety of delicious preparations. Large portions, reasonable prices and friendly and attentive service. Daily specials are a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were a party of 4 women and 2 infants for dinner last night. The owner was very accommodating of our request to fit us all comfortably - and reserved a large table where we had room to spread out. Our server couldn't have been nicer - accommodating, friendly, not obtrusive but there when you needed him - and he made great recommendations. The appetizer of Melitzanosalata, Hummus, Feta and Tsatziki spreads with pita was delish; great to share. Instead of the flaming saganaki cheese with ouzo, our waiter recommended a special of fried saganaki cheese with figs, which was to die for. The jumbo shrimp scampi over linguini was cooked perfectly and we also loved the linquini with clams. We will definitely keep Limani on rotation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another superb mealTioPeteVIPDined on 10/12/2014great food and service-what more could you want???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time. Definitely going backPaulfVIPDined on 10/11/2014Delicious food and great service. Food was fresh and plentiful. Server was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowardVIPDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is consistently a winner. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid mealskl822Dined on 10/9/2014Great variety, especially seafood, always great service, never had a bad meal here - can't go wrong!Special Features:
- baronVIPDined on 10/9/2014Wide selection of fresh seafood, deliciously prepared. Portions are large. Service is attentive and affable. Prices are reasonable and specials a good bargain.Special Features:
- Outstanding as Always!LoveseatingintheCityDined on 10/9/2014I've been to Limani many times.....it's one of my all-time favorite restaurants. If you love fresh seafood, you'll love this place. We were lucky enough to go on the last night of restaurant week, so we got a great deal on a 3-course meal. My dining companions had never been to Limani, and I took them after the matinee at the Paper Mill. They raved about the food and can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JERSEYGIRLDined on 10/8/2014We went to Limani's for Restaurant Week - and will be sure to go back soon. Portions (which most restaurants stint on for Restaurant Week) were generous. The food, Greek seafood (Limani means "port" in Greek), was extremely good. We had the flounder made lemon sole style and the strip steak - both excellent. The appetizers (a hummus and eggplant puree plate and saganaki) were perfect as were the wonderful Greek salads. Service was good - attentive and friendly without being fawning or annoying. We will definitely be back -- soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SeafoodKatieDined on 10/4/2014If you enjoy seafood this is the place. Fresh & delicately prepared. Menu includes fish that you won't find on a typical menu. Try something different, you won't be disappointed. Grilled octopus appetizer was the best! Excellent service.Special Features:
- Limani excellent food and serviceMondayVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food and service at Limani's is always exceptional. We had dinner on October 3 our party had three different appetizers and dinners, each one was excellent.Special Features:
- Does not live up to the reviewsNjchefDined on 10/3/2014I would not recommend this restaurant. The service was very good however the food preparation was generally poor. We had appetizers which where average at best. The entrees did not live up to the website's promises. Ironically the special was the worst if them all. The sea scallop special was over cooked and tough. The blackened tuna was bland with no real blackening done at all and the signature cod dish was bland and cold. Presentation was pedestrian at best. Don't waste your money.
- Great sea food and moreThanks2uDined on 9/26/2014Terrific service and food Management is attentive, and the preparation of the food was pleasent to the eyes and taste. It was a special occasion for us and they handled it perfectly I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteTerriDined on 9/25/2014The oysters were excellent. Our main courses were delicious as always. Our waiter was top notch. And I love that it's a BYOB. This place never disappoints!Special Features:
- HariMDined on 9/17/2014The food and preparations were excellent. We all ordered the prix fixe special for $39 which consisted of 3 courses: an appetizer, including clams on the half shell, a large portion of mussels provencale, and beets with a potato/garlic spread; a second course with a choice of salads or one of 3 soups; and entrees of soft shell crabs, grilled bronzini, pistachio crusted cod etc. There were many choices in each category. The fish was fresh and delicious. The serving staff was well trained and efficient, and our waitress was especially lovely. We had a wonderful dinner here and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great oystersbirdsthewordVIPDined on 9/12/2014Super fresh, full bodied blue point oysters to start, then softshell crab in a delightful sauce of wine, capers, tomatoes and herbs...absolutely delicious. Corvino special with cannellini beans and spinach was a great choice. Always a great meal at Limani where the service is attentive and accommodating. Don't forget to bring your favorite wine, as Limani is a BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014They are always a solid choice for a good fish dinner. Everything is fresh and tasty. Service is always good. Just note it gets noisy on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodtopnotchDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food as always and very accommodating and excellent service top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first experience!GloriaDined on 9/7/2014We had a wonderful dining experience celebrating my sister's birthday. Our server could not have been more helpful, polite & professional. The hostess made us feel welcome & was very familiar with the menu items also. The food was delicious from beginning to end. The chef made sure I sampled the Crab Cakes since I was afraid to order them due to a spice sensitivity. They were excellent & will order them next time. We will be going back for sure! How refreshing it is to go to a restaurant where the whole staff really cares that you are happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy limani existsFoodienotDined on 9/6/2014The yummiest freshest calamari in town. The horseradish salmon is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer find in WestfieldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times over the years. I'm never dissappointed. Food is really terrific all around.Special Features:
- always goodeveaftVIPDined on 9/5/2014We've eaten here several times and have always has a pleasant experience. The staff have also been accommodating any time we had any special requests.Special Features:
- Ok at BestChipDined on 8/31/2014The meal was mixed...20 minutes after I ordered I learned they were out of Tuna...the entrees were fine save a horrible mash potato...nothing to compel us to make a return visit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We have eaten at Limani's several times and have never been disappointed. Will continue to keep them as a top pick for dinner.Special Features:
- Less noise at a rock concertRudy22Dined on 8/30/2014Had 8:00 reservation. Finally got seated at 8:30. Then, room was so noisy we literally couldn't hear our waiter nor each other. So, we couldn't carry on a any dinner conversation. Food was very good and our waiter was good. But overall experience was terrible. NOT worth the $$$. Will never return.
- Soft Shell Crab BonanzabirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/28/2014At the risk of repeating myself, I want to say there is no better place for sauteed soft shell crab than Limani. Once the season is over I will go to my next favorite dish, Mediterranean style, grilled bronzino. The catch is fresh, always pure bliss, presented simply but delivering on flavor. Bring your appetite, a favorite bottle of wine, order some blue point oysters, and just enjoy the Limani experience. No matter what you choose from the menu, Limani never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in Northern NJ!!!!!!!TioPeteVIPDined on 8/24/2014OUTSTANDING FOOD AND SERVICE- There are so many delicious dishes on the regular menu, there's no need for specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentlink0225Dined on 8/20/2014I have no words to say other than perfection. Everything was to my liking. I would return there in a heartbeat. Do not miss it!Special Features:
- Soft shell crab, always the bestbirdsthewordVIPDined on 8/17/2014When soft shell crab is in season, you will always find us at Limani. Having this favorite seafood entree elsewhere has always proven to be a let down. We also feel the same about the whole grilled bronzino. They prepare this fresh, whole fish, in such a simplistic but flavorful manner. We also enjoy their oysters on the half shell, succulent and briny, a dozen is never enough. Ready for a summer seafood fix? Limani is the destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish and asst wildlife in WestfieldwinediverDined on 8/16/2014BYOB is one of the most important criteria for any dining. That out of the way. The fish was fresh. Soft shell crabs in season.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luxury Lunch!CAPTNCDined on 8/14/2014entertained a "gourmand" supplier here last week - they were quite pleased with the crab cakes and excellent service. The atlantic salmon was cooked just right, absolutely delicious. Highly recommended if you want good value for your money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous seafoodByobfan4sureDined on 8/10/2014My husband started with oysters from the raw bar and they were so fresh and clean. The lobster bisque was excellent and loaded with pieces of lobster. Crab cakes and stuffed shrimp were delicious and portion sizes are reasonable. If you're looking for excellent seafood, Limani is the place. We love BYOB's and this was an excellent choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go wrong with LimaniElizabethDined on 8/8/2014Another great dinner at Limani Seafood Grill , if you want a delicious seafood must visit this place, my husband and I went back for scallops and figs dish and the whole red snapper cooked to perfection .Will come back soon.Special Features:
- Another nice dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/8/2014Fish tacos are always awesome - split with my companion since two is more than a meal! The apple and fig scallop special was excellent. No room for dessert. Service with Robert is always more than excellent!Special Features:
- AwfulFoodiefinder1234Dined on 8/8/2014I went with a group of friends and I ordered the fish tacos. They were awful. I ordered an entree, blackened salmon and it took over 30 minutes to get to my table. The salmon was good because I ate it at home. My party finished eating and had the bill when I got my food. Where we sat was very noisy. I would not go back.
- great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Took my boyfriend there for his birthday. He loved the food. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please stay away....TommyGVIPDined on 8/1/2014Limani is AWESOME! Stay away so we never have a problem getting a table. Its perfect just the way it is. Always a full house but never too crowded to get a table. Some of the freshest seafood in New Jersey! Everything is always good from the appetizers to the dessert. The specials are on point too. I keep waiting for there to be a blunder but for years there has not been oneSpecial Features:
- Delicious...Lava124Dined on 7/30/2014Cute little place with absolutely delicious food! Service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful, as always!BessDined on 7/29/2014Thanks for another amazing evening! Food was incredible, and we got to sit outside where my husband could smoke a cigar... there was a nice breeze and we could hear the music they play every Tuesday night in downtown Westfield. Had such a great time we made a reservation for the following week before we even left!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.