31 Route 303
Tappan, NY 10983Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lilopizza.com/
- Phone: 8453981024
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Fusion / Eclectic, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: J.M. Guallpa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We make your event planning fun. A catering manager is ready to help make menu selections and choose between a variety of food assortments, determine the appropriate quantities needed, and schedule a delivery or pick up time that works best for everyone. LILO will strive to make this right from your first phone call and ensure the order is ready when you need it.
- Private Party Facilities: You are welcome to take over the entire restaurant to host your private event, or at the available off site event space in Blauvelt, NY which seats up to 140 guests. The space includes a fully equipped kitchen and bar. To make arrangements, please call or e-mail LILO as far in advance of your event date as possible.
For large groups that do not wish to buy out the restaurant for their events, please call our reservations line and we will be delighted to discuss seating possibilities.
- Private Party Contact: Manushka Montemuino 8453981024
- Entertainment: Jazz every saturday night
A word from LILO
LILO circa 2009 is an Italian pizza bistro located in Tappan's historic district opened by brothers, Richard & Robert Pellegrino. Executive Chef J.M. Guallpa prepares a menu that combines impeccable flavors from the Amalfi Coast with moderately priced bistro fare. The bar serves a range of house cocktails, wines by the glass or bottle, and several varieties of homemade pastries from the north of Italy. LILO is also available to host your special events.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
LILO reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Hidden GemNurseFoodieDined on 8/1/2014Dont be fooled by the parking lot or the surrounding vacant stores..what lies inside the doors is worth checking into. You'll feel like you're transported back to an old neighborhood restaurant in Brooklyn. The aroma of garlic, tomatoes and fresh baking pizza will capture you in an instant. The menu is extensive with standard items and some old time good Italian comfort food. Daily specials round out the show. Don't skip dessert! The staff are the nicest people who remember your name and go out of their way to make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place in Tappan, NYYonkersNativeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Once you pass through the doors of this nice establishment, you are transported to a restaurant reminiscent of old-world charm. The dark wood paneling, soft lighting and extensive menus printed in an old-school font gives Lilo a homey feeling that you are going to be cared for and enjoy the dining experience. The service is attentive while not intrusive. We took advantage of the reasonable specials menu to order a steak-and-shrimp scampi dish which was as wonderful a meal as we have enjoyed at more higher-end restaurants. Prior to this, we ordered the pinzimonio appetizer which was prepared with light breading and without soggy vegetables. The home-made tiramisu and other desserts were mouth-watering and delicious! If you're in Tappan, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurantSeymourVIPDined on 5/10/2014We have been here twice now and the food and service has been outstanding. We ordered specials both times. My wife had an innovative chicken dish that was so good we ordered one to go so we could have it the next day. Great bang for the buck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the LILO reviews archive.
- Always get a quality mealTappanTravelerVIPDined on 4/25/2014This strip mall restaurant was once a well kept secret. No longer. In my case, I subscribe to their email menu that arrives weekly. A pizzeria up front, the table service at the rear offers a variety of seafood, pasta, chicken etc. dishes, fresh salads, gelatos etc. for dessert. Price is reasonable. Portions are very good and the wait staff delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Hotspot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/2/2014After making my lunch reservation to this local pizza & bistro place I didn't expect much however, as soon as I entered the restaurant, that all began to change. I expected to see a typical pizzeria type atmosphere. Instead, I entered a cozy bistro with a warm inviting decor. We tried the sausage/broccoli flatbread appetizer which was delicious! I ordered the mussels for my entree and was given a choice of three different sauces. I had the white wine sauce. The mussels tasted fresh and the sauce was very good. For dessert I had the chocolate mousse. It was light, airy, and very smooth and creamy. I can't wait to tell my friends about this place and come back when the weather gets warm to sit and dine outside.Special Features:
- always the right choicevampiraDined on 3/8/2014enjoyed the shrimp risotto & filet of sole stuffed with shrimp bottle of red and panacotta our waitress was a doll !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neignborhood Too SecretTappanTravelerVIPDined on 2/4/2014Owners try to get the word out and publish weekly emails with menu specials for the week. The food is creative and freshly prepared. The servers are terrific, charming, attractive and attentive. Small shop so make sure you make reservations, especially on Saturdays. They do a brisk pizza to go business (with delivery available) as well. Try it.Special Features:
- Worst experience everEvanVIPDined on 9/17/2013Don't eat here. They are rude. We were refused seating because they wanted to sit 4 grown men at a table for 2 with 4 chairs at lunchtime when they were empty. We were told if we sat at the larger table we would have to move if a party of six came in. We were about to sit ans spend $100+ on food and appetizers. They even charge for refills of carbonated water. You can dress up the place but in the end they are still a pizzeria that doesn't care about service or customers. They want to franchise. Maybe they should fix their customer service before bringing this horrible experience into other markets.
- My favorite Italian restaurantton1010Dined on 7/20/2013Lilo is a great local restaurant with an intimate, casual feel. It has an outstanding menu with the usual Italian dishes plus an extensive selection of items with unusual combinations of ingredients that you might not expect, including many healthful and non-meat options, and a nice selection of wines by the glass. Service is always great, very attentive, and prices are reasonable. I have brought friends here on several occasions and they are always eager to return to try something else on the menu. Definitely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FIND!ShoegalDined on 6/29/2013Delicious food from a large choice menu. Very friendly, attentive service. Quiet, small restaurant setting. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good in every way but short-sightedSimpleDinerVIPDined on 3/21/2013Tucked in a worn out shopping mall in a busy part of Northvale, this charming Italian restaurant and pizzaria is doing a lot of things right. They have created a welcoming atmosphere that allows the diner to completely forget where you are. Could actually be a little joint at the train station in Sorrento. The menu is vast for such a small restaurant and pizza only comprises one small portion of it. The food was well-prepared and presented. The portions were a bit daunting for us. 1st-timers are also given "a couple-uh-slices" to take home. As a result, we took home 3 doggie-bags ! I had a $20 Open Table check to redeem and they had some story that their "machine" wasn't able to process it. Lame. They probably lost this local bc of thatSpecial Features:
- The best pizza around. TheysidyVIPDined on 9/13/2012The best pizza around. They do try and make life easy and enjoyable. Very warm welcomeSpecial Features: