1147 Bardstown Road
Louisville, KY 40204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lillyslapeche.com/
- Phone: 5024510447x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Kathy Cary
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call us on your catering needs.
- Private Party Contact: Mytch Law 5024510447x
- Special Events: Check our website for upcoming events
A word from Lilly's Bistro
For a casual yet upscale dining experience, Lilly’s Bistro in the historic Highland Neighborhood exudes warmth and style. Fresh and seasonal ingredients inspire our New American Cuisine with an international flair from our local farmers. As a neighborhood bistro we encourage guests to enjoy a variety of small and large plates from our sustainable-farmed menu. Our award wining wine list is the perfect compliment to the food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Lilly's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Lilly's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (48)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (39)romantic (34)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (18)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)hot spot (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Outstanding!!MikeVIPDined on 10/14/2014Superb service and extraordinary imaginative food, all set in a sophisticated and stylish, yet comfortable, setting. Great for special occasions, but why limit yourself?Special Features:
- DebbieDined on 9/20/2014I have been to Lilly's many times in the past. Our dinner on Saturday night was less than stellar. Our server was unsmiling and unhelpful. Menu choices were limited. Only vegetarian option contained goat cheese and when I asked for a vegetable plate, our server said the produce truck had not delivered that day and the kitchen could not make anything like that. Really? Very sad at a restaurant of this caliber. Veal primavera dish my husband ordered came in a BOWL swimming in broth. More like a soup than a pasta dish. He said it was fair at best. Caramel cake we ordered for dessert was dry as dust. Saved by the delicious icing, ice cream and caramel sauce, but Kroger can make moister cakes. Not up to standard expected from Lilly's.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below our previous visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Bread was awesome. Sea bass and grits and oysters excellent- pork sand which very dry and over cookedSpecial Features:
- The BestloudinerDined on 9/4/2014If you are looking for some of the best food in Louisville, this is where you will find it. Every element of every dish is thoughtfully and excellently prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorabledine4wineDined on 9/2/2014We haven't dined there in many years, glad we chose it. A very pleasant experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful visitiminorVIPDined on 8/30/2014I used to live less than a block from this restaurant and got spoiled having it so close. I now live in Indianapolis but love to return to Louisville to visit and eat at Lilly's. Saturday night did not disappoint. Once again we had our fabulous waitress Kay. Appetizers were divine. The crab cakes were wonderful with very little filling and fried oysters were a delight. Then we moved on to the melon salad which I shared with my sister. It was light and delightfully flavored. I had the special, sea bass and it was wonderful. My sister had the veal and it was also great. My boyfriend had the Caesar salad and burger and was very pleased. Desserts were wonderful but we were so full we ate little of them.A delightful, magical evening. Thank youSpecial Features:
- A best restaurantbobsDined on 8/26/2014Whenever we visit Louisville ,we always stop and eat a Lilly's Bistro.Why? Because we always have a good dining experience whether it is for lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- Great placeMohanVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful brunch- always good. Great selection of both meats and fish.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014One of the most memorable dining experience we've had! Everything starting with the service to the most delicious food was amazing. We will definitely return the next time we are in Louisville!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DateWeLove2DineDined on 8/16/2014Service was good but food was just average. Was looking forward to a very nice 45 th anniversary dinner based on history of restaurant. Crab cakes were a little to fishy, veal was rather bland and peach pie did not have much flavor. My wife's pork was very good though. When I made the reservation I indicated it was our anniversary but no one ever mentioned our celebration. Disappointing evening. We wil not go back.
- Always the best.BoneldaVIPDined on 8/16/2014When we visit Louisville, this is our "go to" spot. I was happy to see that their high standards have been maintained.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and exceptional service.EntropiaAwakeDined on 8/13/2014Excellent service. My wife and I were checked on numerous times throughout the meal by many different staff members and made to feel very welcome. The food was also very good, with some very inventive small dishes on the night we went. The desserts were exceptional too, so save room for those. We will definitely go back, and I highly recommend.Special Features:
- ChefsdaughterDined on 8/13/2014We had a wonderful meal. The Chef -Owner even check on us during the evening.Special Features:
- A great place for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Cathy Carey, owner and chef , uses local fresh ingredients and turns them into a masterpiece. Because of the Groupon , we had to choose from a different menu but that was fine. I will definitely go back . Pricey but worth it.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceLexrbDined on 8/9/2014Had friend in from Ohio and we had a marvelous experience. Nice people at all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent, always a pleasureKYtravelerVIPDined on 8/6/2014A reliable choice for fresh, creatively prepared food in an eclectic downtown neighborhood. Classy adult atmosphere. Not a good place for children. Small, intimate bar. Our server was professional, my vegetarian pasta was excellent (and was a special request to omit the meat from a menu entree.) The accommodation was greatly appreciated. My dinner companion's meal was excellent as well. The fried oyster appetizer was some of the best had. Ceasar salad was traditionally prepared and good. The signature cream brûlée was not up to par or as remembered. One is plenty to share or order the petite size. A couple of sidewalk tables for out door dining. Traffic is congested during rush hour. Reservations recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014delightful restaurant! enthuastic staff, quality, locally grown ingredients and creative culinary talent makes for the perfect dinning experience. John LawrenceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We were there for a 50th birthday occasion and utilized a Groupon for this meal. The options were well rounded and we also ordered off the main a la carte menu. Being that this was a Groupon, we were afraid we would feel "less than", but everyone from the owner to the hostess made us feel welcome and just as if we were paying full price. We enjoyed our meal from start to finish, and never felt rushed. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Amazing MealSea2scapeDined on 8/1/2014We heard the bartender mixes a great martini and he does indeed. The chicken fried oysters were wonderful and tasty, not greasy, seasoned well. The Snapper entree was prepared to perfection and we splurged on a lemon pie dessert. Amazing Meal! Thanks Lilly's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, bad tableLouisgirlDined on 7/22/2014The food and service was excellent, but our table was in the middle of their traffic pattern. So people were bumping us trying to get past throughout the meal. Other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- My favorite lunch spotMartha1018Dined on 7/22/2014I enjoy Lilly's quiet atmosphere. The menu is simple and delicious. Highly recommended for lunch with friends or business associates.Special Features:
- JACCDined on 7/19/2014This is the third time I go to the restaurant. The food is excellent and consistent every visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Just overall excellent! Would recommend for anyone! Food preparation exceptionally good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time a Lilly'sarkansanDined on 6/28/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. We were seated exactly as planned. Super great service. Our server was one of the best we have ever had. She was always right there when needed, but nothing was overdone. Would like to take her everywhere we go. Very nice meal. I had a steak which was cooked perfectly. It was very tasty as well. It was very easy to carry on a conversation. We could actually hear each other. Will be happy to return on our next visit to Louisville.Special Features:
- Food findFood4JKDined on 6/27/2014First time at Lilly's for all 4 of us. Service was good with lots of special attention by multiple staff and owner. Cocktails exceptional. Our fellow dinners pronounced the oysters the best they have ever eaten. Everyone enjoyed their entrees. The artwork was eclectic and interesting adding to a good ambience. We would all make a point of eating here again.Special Features:
- The following 408 reviews are from the Lilly's Bistro reviews archive.
- Wonderful Food and ServiceChickPeaDined on 6/20/2014I hadn't been to Lilly's in about 10 years, and it had been 15 or so for the person with whom I dined. We left wondering why. It was a fabulous experience from start to finish, with great food, and attentive service. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. Great way to celebrate a birthday.Special Features:
- Lilly's GreatDiner34Dined on 6/19/2014Wonderful food - great service - pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special DinningKYCharlieDined on 6/18/2014Lilly's is terrific - yes, superior food, brilliantly prepared - but without a stuffy attitude, and without the sky high prices one could associate with a top rated destination spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive but excellent foodwoodthrushhollerDined on 6/17/2014The arugula beet salad could have used some more beets! Chicken was excellent. Service was excellent.Special Features:
- ReturningOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/14/2014Service was attentive with flair. First time at restaurant through use of a Groupon, and happy to say I will be returning regularly. The food was flavorful and cooked perfecting. Strawberry salad was perfect!Special Features:
- Good but narrowAjayDined on 5/13/2014My date found her food exceptionally good. I was disappointed in the short range of beef and fish.Special Features:
- venicedineDined on 5/10/2014In our estimation, Lilly's is the gold standard for fine dining in Louisvile and our choice for those special occasions.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOR ALL OCASSIONShossDined on 5/3/2014WE HAD A PARTY OF 6 AND THOROUGHLY ENJOYED OUR ENTIRE EVENING AT LILLY S ! THE WINE AND MENU WAS SUPERB ALONG WITH FABULOUS SERVICE AND DEFINTELY WOULD DINE THERE AGAIN !!!Special Features:
- Deservedly a Beard FinalistSFDeDined on 5/2/2014As visitors to Louisville for the Derby, we were not sure where to dine. Local friends suggested Lilly's, and they were right. About 10 minutes from downtown, Lilly's reads as a place that is genuine, personal, and sophisticated. The menu is local, fresh, and original: the best we had in Louisville. The food filled with flavors and textures; delicious. The chef/owner, Kathy Cary, a James Beard regional finalist, spent at least 10 minutes chatting and discussing food with us. Bartender/waiter mixed a great Manhattan. We would absolutely recommend this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priscilla visitBirthdayDined on 4/26/2014The food is always good but sitting so close to bar and entry was a bit claustrophobic and noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingHummingbirdVIPDined on 4/26/2014This was the least enjoyable of the last half-dozen James Beard award winning restaurants that we have visited in the last 2-months. The food was bland, and although better than the average restaurant, not up the the standards of what we have grown to expect from James Beard winners. The salmon special of the evening could have been confused with any number of white fish recipes for its lack of any distinctive flavor. The pork dish was over done. The caramel cake was dry. Needless to say, on our next visit to Louisville; Lilly's will not be on our list.
- Quiet tasty hideawaymysweetitaliaDined on 4/26/2014I always enjoy this place. Delicious food, quiet enviorment, attentive smiling servers. Lemon souflee with strawberries to die for!!!! Hostess though needs to dress more respectful for such a lovely place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable eveningclemDined on 4/25/2014We had an outstanding dinner and evening there. We would recommend it highly.Special Features:
- DisappointinggianettaDined on 4/23/2014Previous visits were more positive, in terms of quality of the food and the noise level. The service was outstanding. The waitress had asked (before the loud quests had arrived) if we would like to move to avoid noisiness. Little did we know that we should have accepted the recommendation. The veal piccatta that we ordered was the biggest disappointment. There was too much creamy sauce, insufficient lemon flavor, the veal was dry, and the pasta was overcooked.