2915 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lilliesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 450-4824
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 7:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Carlos Fuentes
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: LilliEs Restaurant and Bar cater your next office or social event! Our lunch and dinner menus can be simply dropped off, picked up or served by our staff. For inquiries, please contact us at (202) 629.6741 or email us at email@example.com
- Entertainment: Special Events & Holidays Life Music
- Special Events: Happy Hour Monday - Friday 5-7 PM
Weekends Brunch at 9:00 AM
All Events Needs
- Cross Street: Cathedral Ave Nw
- Public Transit: Walking directions to 2915 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20008.
Head northwest on Connecticut Ave NW toward Woodley Rd NW
Destination will be on the right
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Free Street Parking on Connecticut Ave or Cathedral Ave after 6 PM. Accessible
A word from Lillies
Just steps from the Smithsonian’s National Zoo, LiLLiES Restaurant & Bar is a cozy spot to grab a bite with family and friends. Family-owned itself, LiLLiES serves a mix of traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine with a contemporary edge. Ingredients for such dishes as beet salad, chicken paillard and grilled salmon are brought in daily to ensure every plate is fresh. When the weather is warm, diners can relax around mosaic tables on the terrace patio. On cooler days, the hardwood floors, candlelight and exposed brick inside make for a snug retreat. Brunch is served on both Saturdays and Sundays, and offers options for health-conscious patrons, such as a Greek yogurt parfait, and for those looking to indulge—say, in the Nutella-smothered French toast.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lillies reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)romantic (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Local neighborhood diningRLCIIIDined on 11/6/2014This restaurant is a bit off the beaten path, compared to the busier 2600 Block of Connecticut Avenue restaurant row. The ambience is somewhat intimate, the serving portions are modest, and the staff appears to be lean.Special Features:
- Good food and great saladOftenTravelDined on 10/27/2014Stopped in for an early meal while in DC on business. The spinach ravioli was excellent and the salad was extremely fresh.Special Features:
- Stop by on Your Way to the ZooTdalecVIPDined on 10/26/2014Lillies is nestled in the ground floor of an apartment building halfway between the Woodley Metro Station and the National Zoo. The food is unpretentious and very economical by Washington standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great family diningYummyDined on 10/24/2014Wonderful crab dip, three delicious entrees, tasty dessertsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to its reputationNJJoanDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant had been recommended to us but we were disappointed. The service was good, the place was clean but there was only one other table taken. It was a Tuesday night and it was threatening rain but still it's located in a great residential neighborhood and still empty. Maybe the locals know what we didn't. The food was 'good', not bad but definitely should have been better.Special Features:
- DisappointedPleasedDined on 9/27/2014This had the potential to be a lovely dinner dining out on a nice September evening. First, mosquitos were everywhere and bit us. They had a fan (not turned to us) and eventually a citronella candle (not near us). Service was too quick for our orders (had barely sat down) but slow on food and anything else. Food was disappointing. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- a gemlkbethesdaDined on 9/15/2014Located inconspicuously on Connecticut Avenue north of the restaurant-dense stretch near Calvert Street, a delightful and low-key place with excellent food, friendly and helpful service, and a terrific menu. We discovered it accidentally, but will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Food was great- service was eh.foodie1990Dined on 9/13/2014The food and ambiance here is amazing. I could have done with out our server though. We waited about 10 minuets before our server even came to our table. Not to mention he barely greeted us or said hi- he merely just said "what can I get you to drink?". Bad service can ruin the whole dining experience. Like I said I loved the food here and it is worth the visit. That waiter just needs to work on his skills with greeting and speaking with guests.Special Features:
- Lillie's is a must!FoodReviewDined on 9/5/2014Great service great food great environment. Never judge a book by its cover, this place is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagpaokansasVIPDined on 8/6/2014It's in an unassuming place, but very convenient area w on street parking. Service was spotty b/c waitress appeared indifferent, but the manager/owner was lovely and sent us a complementary dessert. The food was good, especially the soup, and plenty of it. I would return for the manager alone. She was a gem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average ExperienceGabmanVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Lillie's for dinner in the past & had a pleasant experience in regard to service & food quality. Unfortunately, my visit for brunch proved to be an average or slightly below average experience. The food was served at lukewarm temperature. The waitress was slow to respond to our needs, water refill, etc... The hostess was very friendly & tried to assist, but we were short on time, so just dealt with the cold food. Maybe brunch just isn't their thing.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Lillies reviews archive.
- KatherineDined on 7/3/2014Food is very average, and overpriced for what it is. Decor is pretty tacky! There was noone else in there at the time which was kind of worrying when we arrived.
- Good experience, great servicefoodieinpaVIPDined on 7/3/2014I wanted to meet some friends for lunch after they toured the National Zoo and this was the perfect spot. I was concerned about parking but there was easily accessible street parking. The restaurant was bright and sunny and we had a wonderful waitress. I was a little nervous as we came in as there were only 3 people at the bar. But soon after we arrived, two more families came in and a few couples. The food was good, presentation was very nice and the desserts were very good. The variety on the menu ranges from sandwiches to pastas. While it won't win any James Beard awards, it was a very convenient place to meet, not crowded, clean, the food was good, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd visitneighborVIPDined on 6/19/2014We really liked it. The wait for our food was a little longer than I would have liked, but the outside patio was pretty full. Would go back.Special Features:
- Great for a trip to the ZooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014This location is ideal if you are visiting the zoo and looking for something good to eat. Very friendly, just not very attentive. Had to wait awhile for several requests. Great mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!byekyeDined on 5/22/2014Walked in, and felt right at home in this adorably romantic spot. The service was personable and great. Cheese plate was good, vegetarian lasagna was fabulous. Quiet, great choice of music playing softy in the background, reasonable prices! Knowledgeable on wine, and owners check up on you often and make conversation! Loved it. Will be back for sure. Had a lovely display of flowers everywhere, and I commented on it, and the owner gave me a couple! So sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with a view ...JB22VIPDined on 5/19/2014Wonderful mid-week lunch just down up the street from the GIANT Marriott we were staying for a convention. It was time to get out of the hotel and this was the place that appeared closest with outdoor seating for lunch on a gorgeous spring day. We sampled the Spinach Salad with Shrimp and the buffalo chicken wrap. We also split a quesidilla and was pleasantly surprised that the side offering for the buffalo chicken included the option of fresh fruit versus fries. We split the fruit as a dessert! The two stars on ambiance aren't the restaurants fault - but apparently, unlike Philadelphia - you can smoke outside at restaurants in DC.Special Features:
- Great food, confusing reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014I made a reservation through OpenTable for 7pm and when we got there they told us that they closed at 7pm, but then agreed to stay open later to accommodate us. It was very nice of them to do this and the food and atmosphere were very good. Not sure why they allowed me to make a reservation for a time when they are closed, but I would recommend making a reservation by phone to avoid this confusion.Special Features:
- WillVIPDined on 5/3/2014I had a great experience Saturday evening. Excellent dinner/drinks, I will definitely be returning in the future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2014Ambience was good - nice neighborhood spot. Food was decent. Service was slow - took more than 5 minutes to get menus and water, and we had to ask for refills of water. However, I think they were short-staffed because I've been here before and the service was great. Even when slow, the service was very polite and warm.Special Features:
- most enjoyable get-togetherHannsDined on 4/10/2014We visited Lillies - my wife and doughter in law and I - on our way to a friend and had an outstanding luncheon experience. Sam, the host, took care of us and provided us with an excellent specially created food selection of top quality and flavor. I wish we would live closer as I would want to visit this relaxing and charming place more often.Special Features:
- Nice Find Near Wardman MarriottNCbeachgirl11Dined on 4/4/2014Easy walk from the hotel. Great specials. Welcoming atmosphere and good food. The eggplant dishes were excellent and the Fume Blanc from Argentina was wonderful! The Calamari appetizer was well prepared but not really enough for 3 to share. The noise level is very quiet and the atmosphere is cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and smallcm0013aVIPDined on 3/28/2014We liked the atmosphere at Lillies and the food was delicious, though not the best Italian food around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the former Mrs. SimpsonsOx4dinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014This was our first dining experience for our party of 3. The farm-to-table description of Lillies' menu created higher expectations than what we realized. The lunch menu appears too varied, too ambitious ... other than the tomato/basil soup, which tasted great and I'd highly recommend, our lunch entrees were mediocre at best (beets in my beet salad were fresh out of a can). Would like to see fewer choices done well than. Might try it again for brunch. Location in Cleveland Park is great and offers convenience for those visiting the National ZOO.Special Features:
- Close to the zoo, the placeScottDined on 3/22/2014Close to the zoo, the place is a great choice to eat brunch, lunch or dinner. it has some very good daily specials at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad, however Not GreatAverageJoeDined on 2/14/2014This was the first time I had eaten at Lillie's (dinner). All in all, I would describe the experience as pretty average, however it was not disappointing by any means. I have heard good things about brunch at Lillie's, so I imagine I'll return at some point to give this little place a second try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere, yes; entree no!Cat20Dined on 2/14/2014Our first visit here, on Valentines Day. Lovely atmosphere-elegant, not stuffy. Waiters were good. But the steak was awful, twice. First, overdone and tough, then practically raw. I gave up. Tiramasu was good.
- average food and servicecherbearVIPDined on 1/25/2014The breakfast panini was not worth the calories. The eggs were so overcooked and I can make better French toast myself at home. Both my friend and I didn't eat the home fries and wish we had ordered the fruit for some flavor instead. At least my friend had a nice breakfast with the LiLLiES Benedict. The espresso machine wasn't working and the service was painfully slow even though the two of us were one of two tables of patrons at the time. All of this is unfortunate; the restaurant definitely has potential to be a cute & quiet little coffee shop.
- Quaint and warm atmosphereLooLooDined on 1/19/2014Quaint and warm atmosphere -- great for meeting a friend over lunch or brunch.Special Features:
- Celebratory BrunchDanetalDined on 1/19/2014This small restaurant was perfect for my Grandson to give his Fiancee her engagement ring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Adequate ServiceNickNDined on 1/12/2014The food was incredible. We had a group of four for brunch and everyone thought their dish's were excellent. There were only two issues with the experience at all. One, the server was just okay. It was almost as if she were too shy to speak up and talk to the table. The place wasn't loud at all and she was still getting drowned out by normal to quiet restaurant noises. Two, the owner is incredibly strange. The restaurant isn't very big, and she would just stand around creepily looking at guests. She wasn't trying to help server plates, or make drinks, or even bring tables water. She would just pace from one end of the restaurant to the other and watch patrons. It wasn't packed either so she wasn't trying to turn tables over. Very strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this little gem! JustNoVADinerVIPDined on 1/10/2014Love this little gem! Just a lovely evening with a friend - relaxed with great wine and very good quality of food that evening. Bistro-like in atmosphere.. felt more like I was in Europe somewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not Go HereMaryDined on 12/30/2013We went to Lillies on a Monday night and it was quite crowded but it turns out that was because it was happy hour. When our party of four was seated, there were only three chairs and we needed to wait for the waiter to return to request a chair. Our appetizers came sporadically, even though we asked they be served together. We waited so long for the entrees that someone came up and asked if we were ready for dessert, thinking we had had our dinner. When the entrees came they were absolutely terrible. One dish was completely inedible. My husband and I each ordered a different glass of wine and both types were unavailable. There was one waiter for the entire dining room and, we were told, only one cook. I will never return to Lillies.
- Good lunch near the zooNJgrandmaVIPDined on 12/30/2013Met friends for lunch here. Very few tables taken so we were able to sit and talk well beyond the time it took us to eat. The food was very good, nice size portions and reasonably priced. It is right near the zoo and only a short walk from the Woodley Park Metro station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and gluten free menualissaDined on 12/20/2013This restaurant was the perfect setting for dinner with friends. We wanted a place to go with gluten-free options because someone in our party has Celiacs. We were all coming from different locations and meeting at the zoo to see Christmas lights. Lillies was super close to the Woodley Park Metro and the zoo! The menu was very accommodating and everything we ate was delicious! The gluten free cake was more like fudge, but I'm not complaining :)Special Features:
- woodley area hide outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2013I found this restaurant through a voucher deal which I signed up. The food is good. The dessert is great. The drinks are not economical. I recommend this place for a date night.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOldmarriedsDined on 11/29/2013Lillies is less than a half mile from the Woodley Park-Zoo Metro station and the Omni Shoreham which is a nice walk and a nice experience once you arrive. Both my husband and I enjoyed it and we would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went here for dinner lastStacy441VIPDined on 11/25/2013We went here for dinner last night. It is very nicely excoriated inside. I had a couple of questions about the menu but the waiter had no idea how to answer. He didn't know the difference between a cream sauce and a marinara sauce. He went to ask the chef and still came back with the wrong answer. On a positive note, the food was pretty good although not "that" good for the price they were charging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food disappointing; service helpfulwoodleyparkiteDined on 11/17/2013Unfortunately, I can't highly recommend the food experience. It's in our neighborhood so we wanted to give it another chance after one or two previous so-so meals. The beef in the Steak Diane seemed mediocre at best - too chewy and grisly. A friend liked her tilapia - to me it seemed drowning in the sauce. The house salad was very small. The carrot cake did not taste enough like carrot - it was unusually dense and not unpleasant - but not like carrot cakes we've had before. The service was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere, while not special, is pleasant with nice lighting. The sound level was very good and conducive to conversation - a definite plus.
- Meh.foodreviewDined on 11/16/2013Very mediocre. Meh. Service was well-timed and friendly.