3637 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liletterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048951636x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lilette will cater your cocktail party with passed hors d'ouves or cater your seated dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available for your private function.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dymond 5048951636x
A word from Lilette
Occupying a late 1800's corner drugstore in the heart of the Magazine Street Antique & shopping district, Lilette balances bistro & fine dining with contemporary French & Italian fare. Beautiful banquettes & blood-red walls create a romantic ambience for you to enjoy the culinary styles of Food & Wine's 'Best New Chef', John HarrisContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lilette reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (73)special occasion (69)romantic (49)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (29)hot spot (21)great for brunch (14)good for groups (10)scenic view (8)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Great great great food. Nice ambiance. This feels like a 'hidden secret' in New Orleans. Not your typical cajun fare....a welcome change and well worth the travel off the beaten path. Rich, complex flavors and incredibly satisfying!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceMarbeDined on 9/12/2014Pleasant dining experience; definitely a place to "see & be seen." Interesting menu choices and good food. Definitely need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealRickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our three night dining adventure in New Orleans started with Lilette. Meal was excellent and looking back now, it was the best dinner we had. Stared with the truffle appetizer, which wife liked more than me. But my salad with duck comfit on top was almost filling enough for the entire dinner. Duck leg and thigh were perfectly prepared and went well served over a simple bed of lettuce. Main course of sliced sirloin was perfectly prepared and very tender. Wife had drum fish which she liked. Service was excellent. Will again when in New Orleans
- Consistently Excellent FoodSGlouisDined on 9/8/2014This place is a sleek dinning room. Staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Most have been working there for years. The food is excellent, fresh and innovatingly prepared and presented. You are in for a palate pleasing good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealLuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a treat it is to eat at Lilette! Our meal was outstanding, from appetizers, to main course, to the desserts. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Lilette is one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans.Special Features:
- foodie2OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I've come to discover that the French Quarter is not the only game in town for fine dining. Magazine street is loaded with gems like this, that serve beautiful, delicious food. The service was impeccable, genuinely warm and friendly. The ambience could go equally well for a group of friends or a romantic couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenujdjdanDined on 8/30/2014We loved the daily specials available!! Staff was very knowledgeable about all the menu items.Special Features:
- Did not fulfill its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014After reading such positive reviews, and despite the hearing from many friends that it was just alright, I tried it. I am sorry to say for a foodie New Orleanian that it is not spectacular . High points cheese board, beet salad.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBinnolaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Reserved a table but the bar was open so we preferred to sit there and the friendly hostess accommodated us. Ended up with all appetizers and no entrees. All excellent with very good pairing wines. Heather at the bar was delightful. Noise level can get pretty loud but tonight it was fine. Great, relaxed evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014excellent service and food, tables are close but usually know that going in...asked for a booth and they were very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Lilette appears to be a neighborhood gem. The service was professional. The food ranged from dished we liked very much to dishes we might not order again. Either way, all of the dishes were prepared properly. The escargot, white truffle toast with marrow and potato gnocchi appetizers were off-the-chart good. A chilled sweet corn broth soup with crab was delicious. The duck confit salad was very good. The duck entrée was very good (though I recommend adding a better/different reduction to it). The Kobe beef was prepared properly but served with potatoes that resembled home fries. Bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, but really loud!LocalizedVIPDined on 8/27/2014It is so loud with the tile floor. wood and glass But the food and service is awesome. But man is it loud in there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, vibrant vibe in an historic corner building that once was a pharmacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmarienkaferDined on 8/20/2014Had one of the best dishes ever -- braised beef cheeks, gnocchi, red wine, cream! Excellent service from Nicholas and Zach as well. Thank you!Special Features:
- WonderfulFinedinersVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Lilette was great. It has an extremely inviting decor. The specials are always wonderful. I had 6 raw oysters, fish crudo and beef cheeks in red wine sauce. My husband had sweatbreads and drum. All was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This is my second time dining at Lilette and it was even better than the first time. The service is good- attentive but not obtrusive. Everyone is so very gracious. The food is just flawless! I cannot say enough great things about the meal- in a town of excellent food to have such a standout really is special. This is now on a regular rotating in my dining list (which is so hard to do in New Orleans as there are too many places to try). I honestly wanted to clap after my meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good foodwise and service wise; never disappoints.Special Features:
- DisappointedCorifeyDined on 7/26/2014All the reviews said pretty much uniformly "order anything at will from the menu, nothing will disappoint". We ordered three dishes - ravioli was excellent, shrimp had a pungent fishy smell and duck was simply undercooked, even after we asked to put it back on the grill.
- Magnificent!Sybarite25VIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first experience at Lilette and we cannot wait to visit again. We were comfy in the intimate confines of this Magazine St. gem Our service was fantastic, warm, and attentive. Every dish we four ordered was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Of particular note were the sweetbreads which were sublime, rich and elegant. My husband's short ribs and gnocchi were especially decadent. You will want to be certain to order dessert because they were the perfect ending to an incredible experience. Unpretentious and delightful dining that will thrill those who take their food very seriously.Special Features:
- Fantastic classically prepared foodJknolaDined on 7/24/2014A delicious and perfectly prepared meal. Thanks also to the chef for the complimentary birthday dessert - delicious poached pears with honey and goat cheese quenelles.Special Features:
- SuperiorgaryVIPDined on 7/18/2014As good as the hangar steak is I had the salmon entree and it was superb. The sizzling shrimp is a wonderful appetizer. Can't get there enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beaubarbeaubarDined on 7/17/2014Good time, really good dinner as usual for Lilette. Really good appetizer specials. Try the raw fish. Wife got a specialty cocktail which she did not care for but they offered/suggested a different one which was very good. The first was taken off the bill after I asked about it. Knowledgeable, professional service staff, there when you need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishdelishDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb. Cooked well, seasoned perfectly, beautiful presentation, and wonderful pairing of flavors. The truffle toast appetizer was my favorite dish, my only complaint is I wish there was more. Waitress was kind and prompt with service. The seating is crowded when it is busy, but still comfortable. I liked that each food had a drink recommendation but its difficult for those of us who are not educated in the way of drink. The wine list was taken before we ordered...which was not good at all. The hostess was down right nasty and rude even so much as making an audible comment about myself and my dinner guest. If she is working, I will not go back. I enjoyed my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & FabulousFamilydinersVIPDined on 7/12/2014We took advantage of specials to enjoy figs on a salad and fresh corn in a creamy cold bisque, plus the fish special. Despite the lack of a kids menu, the gnocchi appetizer made my grandson very happy as his entree. It was an enjoyable dinner in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but felt rushed8cookateVIPDined on 7/11/2014Arrived on time for our 7:00 reservation and expected we had 2 hours to dine. By 8:45 the hostess tried to remove our half finished dessert. Had the M duck. It was too tough to cut with the knife the gave me. The crab claw appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Locked doorDinerDined on 7/11/2014We arrived at 11:27 for our 11:30 reservation only to be met with a locked door. The hostess proceeded to crack the door to tell us "one more minute" and then relocked the door as we stood waiting on the steps next to the street corner. Once the hostess let us into the restaurant (at 11:32 and only after placing the open sign outside of the door), she immediately asked if we were walk-ins vs having a reservation. Service wasn't much better, where the server proceeded to describe what escarole was when I asked about the content of the salad. And the lobster on brioche was unseasoned.
- Lilette ScoresThyme2cookDined on 7/10/2014Service was good until a large table next to us filled. Otherwise, food was delicious, and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mscrabtreeDined on 7/4/2014I had eaten at Lilette on my own a few weeks ago. Had a first rate Caesar salad which was the special salad that night & then the braised short ribs & a lovely glass of Sancerre. All excellent. I went back with my husband the other night. The chick pea/fennel soup was very good as was a warm beet salad but then I ordered the short ribs again & was disappointed. The meat tasted like it had been re-heated & was tough. The polenta was thin & soupy. I was so disappointed because the first time it was outstanding. However, I would go back again & taste some other dishes as it is a lovely restaurant with good service, nice ambiance and a well thought out menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YES YES LILETTE !PrizedPoetandPalVIPDined on 7/4/2014Charming neighborhood spot that was once a corner drug store, I was told. Crowded and when the tables fill up the noise has no where to go but still a should do if you want to get out of the Quarter and dine without the hoopla. Started with a lovely cup of chicken soup with a soft poached egg and ended with a well conceived and presented cheese plate. Made a meal of two apps...the truffle toast and the CRAB CLAWS IN PASSION FRUIT BUTTER! Never got a picture to share because once the fragrance hit me the were history with only a few flakes of crab clinging to a drop of sauce! Do not miss this small gem and eat outside if weather permits.Special Features:
- Wait staffLaplaceDined on 7/1/2014Great experience, our server was excellent and so was the food.Special Features:
- Good, albeit a little priceypcminer7Dined on 6/30/2014Overall I thought it was a very good restaurant. I just feel as though I paid a lot for what I was given. My meal tastes go, but did not fill me up completely. Worth a trip, but not very oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatqueenbDined on 6/28/2014One of my favorite in New Orleans. Can't go wrong. If you don't see what you want they willake it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoriteKggfoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014With so many delicious restaurants in Nola , I keep going back to this one. I enjoy their seasonal specials. Food is great and they are always friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lil' LiletteNOLAEpicureDined on 6/27/2014WHITE TRUFFLE TOAST!!! Deftly crafted cocktails. Wine list is extensive and well-curated. Service was attentive-relaxed. There was an ebullient ambiance, which on a Friday night, feels just right.Special Features:
- LovetolunchLovetolunchDined on 6/25/2014Lilette is always consistently yummy. I usually order the same dishes time after time. The beets, marrow toast, raw fish plate. This time I had the special, yellowfin tuna over puréed white beans. Such a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to It's ReputationnolapearlDined on 6/24/2014Food and service were both excellent. Good energy! Perfect size portion. Fish was fresh and seasoned perfectly. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OntheroadDined on 6/21/2014We had 5:30 reservations so Lilette was not crowded. Restaurant was quaint with a great vibe, delicious appetizer & entrees as well as outstanding service! Got to put this one on the list for NOLA!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Go BackFrustratedCustomerDined on 6/20/2014Our party of 4 arrived a couple minutes early for an 8:30pm reservation. There was an empty 4 top in front. Hostess told us table not ready and suggested we go to bar next door. I told her that we just came from next door, had a reservation, and pointed out the empty 4 top. She said there was a party of two waiting for a "long time" and again recommended that we go back next door. We went next door, ordered a round of drinks and two appetizers. It was late; we were hungry. 20 min later the hostess came back to say a table was ready. We were not finished appetizer; she promised to hold the table. We rushed through and went back to restaurant. SHE HAD NOT HELD THE TABLE! We were finally seated for a very mediocre meal at 9:15pm. :-(
- pappabearDined on 6/19/2014Lilette is a small, attractive, neighborhood restaurant serving fine, imaginative cuisine. Wine prices are exaggerated to the point of inducing peevishness. While the menu offerings are limited, the quality of dishes and presentation were high. However, the noise level from other patrons approached the point of disabling normal conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lilette reviewdoc1968Dined on 6/19/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner. The waitress was very friendly, attentive and made chef's suggestions. Food was outstanding - compliments to the chefs.Special Features: