3637 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liletterestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048951636x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lilette will cater your cocktail party with passed hors d'ouves or cater your seated dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available for your private function.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dymond 5048951636x
A word from Lilette
Occupying a late 1800's corner drugstore in the heart of the Magazine Street Antique & shopping district, Lilette balances bistro & fine dining with contemporary French & Italian fare. Beautiful banquettes & blood-red walls create a romantic ambience for you to enjoy the culinary styles of Food & Wine's 'Best New Chef', John HarrisContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lilette reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (57)romantic (43)notable wine list (32)great for lunch (27)hot spot (20)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (7)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived on time for an 8:30 reservation but were not seated until 9:15. No local fare: oysters from the northeast, fish from the Mediterranean, odd set-up. I won't go back.
- QueenieW.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and with the weather so lovely wanted a pretty patio to dine, we found that and much more. The food was simply delicious and the wine sommelier a great help selecting a perfect bottle for us to enjoy. Our guests raved about how we always find such wonderful hidden gems. We will return soon.Special Features:
- wouldn't go backsenoritaVIPDined on 10/16/2014the waitress was so unpleasant that that is the main memory of this lunch - the drum was not as good as i remembered although the beet salad was delicious but my friend and i thought it was outrageously overpriced and i live in NYC! and since then have heard others complain about the service though the food is very good - in short, given the plethora of choices in NO, would not go back and run the risk of that face getting even longer as we asked for more bread because we were waiting for someone for an hour who had mistaken the date!Special Features:
- Still dreaming about this dinner...HRL1Dined on 10/11/2014WOW! I've had this place on my list for a while--first because the venue itself is just so beautifully quaint and then because it kept being recommended as a great place to dine. Lilette did not disappoint at all. We were greeted and accommodated (we had temporary guests at our table)--by a lovely hostess. We were taken care of beautifully by the wait staff who were professional, yet quirky (perfect for the Magazine St. location). The food was heavenly. I am still dreaming of the beef cheeks and gnocci enveloped with the richest, most delicious sauce ever. The shrimp and short ribs were perfection on a plate, and the duck and hangar steak did not disappoint. Dessert was perfect as well--a pumpkin tart with caramel and a nutella one.Special Features:
- Southern Grace & Classis FrenchLive2eatDined on 10/10/2014In a city of great, rich food. Lilette stands apart by offering impeccable French food and service infused with southern charm. Though classic French, the food was lite and perfectly balanced. We ate outside under lights strung tee to tree. It was the perfect evening in New Orleans, lingering over beautiful food and conversation. Don't miss the escargot or the grilled beets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicegirl1Dined on 10/8/2014Service and food excellent. They were eager to please. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to dine!!LetthebighorserunDined on 9/26/2014Great dining experience! Great atmosphere! We ate outside on a very pleasant nite! Service was excellent! Food was excellent although portions might be on the small side! Speciality drinks were nothing to write home about!! Wine list is somewhat pricey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Amazing in every way!! I had the sage gnocchi and sizzling shrimp as well as the chocolate hazelnut torte. An amazing lunch. My husband loved his meatball sandwich and suggested wine pairing. What a great spot. Definitely worth the trip from the CBD.Special Features:
- Great food, great neighborhoodSpencer428Dined on 9/22/2014Seated at our reservation time. Great table for two. Great food - appetizers and main courses. Waiter started out a bit too "professional", but he soon warmed up and we had a great time. Our first time to the Magazine St. Garden District. We were initially drawn there from a not-so-recent "Three Perfect Days in New Orleans" article from the United Airlines in-flight magazine. Checked recent reviews and made the reservation. We were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overatedNotatouristDined on 9/20/2014Of all the Fine Dining experiences in the city this is my least favorite. Far too expensive for what you get. Food was tasty of course, but after one appetizer and entree left me still hungry. Of course this is the trend, little food for lots of money with the excuse that the chef and ambiance makes it all worth it... NO... We shared an appetizer and one entree each and three drink each = $175 before tip.... ridiculous, considering we had to shout to hear each other as the tables are too close to each other. Then we felt harassed as if they wanted us to leave after meal, so they could seat others. Also, couldnt believe the dinner menu was so limited. Best thing was Irish coffee after meal. I don't recommend this place and I live here.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Great great great food. Nice ambiance. This feels like a 'hidden secret' in New Orleans. Not your typical cajun fare....a welcome change and well worth the travel off the beaten path. Rich, complex flavors and incredibly satisfying!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceMarbeDined on 9/12/2014Pleasant dining experience; definitely a place to "see & be seen." Interesting menu choices and good food. Definitely need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealRickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our three night dining adventure in New Orleans started with Lilette. Meal was excellent and looking back now, it was the best dinner we had. Stared with the truffle appetizer, which wife liked more than me. But my salad with duck comfit on top was almost filling enough for the entire dinner. Duck leg and thigh were perfectly prepared and went well served over a simple bed of lettuce. Main course of sliced sirloin was perfectly prepared and very tender. Wife had drum fish which she liked. Service was excellent. Will again when in New Orleans
- Consistently Excellent FoodSGlouisDined on 9/8/2014This place is a sleek dinning room. Staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Most have been working there for years. The food is excellent, fresh and innovatingly prepared and presented. You are in for a palate pleasing good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealLuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a treat it is to eat at Lilette! Our meal was outstanding, from appetizers, to main course, to the desserts. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Lilette is one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans.Special Features:
- foodie2OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I've come to discover that the French Quarter is not the only game in town for fine dining. Magazine street is loaded with gems like this, that serve beautiful, delicious food. The service was impeccable, genuinely warm and friendly. The ambience could go equally well for a group of friends or a romantic couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenujdjdanDined on 8/30/2014We loved the daily specials available!! Staff was very knowledgeable about all the menu items.Special Features:
- Did not fulfill its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014After reading such positive reviews, and despite the hearing from many friends that it was just alright, I tried it. I am sorry to say for a foodie New Orleanian that it is not spectacular . High points cheese board, beet salad.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBinnolaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Reserved a table but the bar was open so we preferred to sit there and the friendly hostess accommodated us. Ended up with all appetizers and no entrees. All excellent with very good pairing wines. Heather at the bar was delightful. Noise level can get pretty loud but tonight it was fine. Great, relaxed evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014excellent service and food, tables are close but usually know that going in...asked for a booth and they were very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Lilette appears to be a neighborhood gem. The service was professional. The food ranged from dished we liked very much to dishes we might not order again. Either way, all of the dishes were prepared properly. The escargot, white truffle toast with marrow and potato gnocchi appetizers were off-the-chart good. A chilled sweet corn broth soup with crab was delicious. The duck confit salad was very good. The duck entrée was very good (though I recommend adding a better/different reduction to it). The Kobe beef was prepared properly but served with potatoes that resembled home fries. Bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, but really loud!LocalizedVIPDined on 8/27/2014It is so loud with the tile floor. wood and glass But the food and service is awesome. But man is it loud in there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, vibrant vibe in an historic corner building that once was a pharmacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmarienkaferDined on 8/20/2014Had one of the best dishes ever -- braised beef cheeks, gnocchi, red wine, cream! Excellent service from Nicholas and Zach as well. Thank you!Special Features:
- WonderfulFinedinersVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our experience at Lilette was great. It has an extremely inviting decor. The specials are always wonderful. I had 6 raw oysters, fish crudo and beef cheeks in red wine sauce. My husband had sweatbreads and drum. All was excellent.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014This is my second time dining at Lilette and it was even better than the first time. The service is good- attentive but not obtrusive. Everyone is so very gracious. The food is just flawless! I cannot say enough great things about the meal- in a town of excellent food to have such a standout really is special. This is now on a regular rotating in my dining list (which is so hard to do in New Orleans as there are too many places to try). I honestly wanted to clap after my meal...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolVIPDined on 8/14/2014Consistently good foodwise and service wise; never disappoints.Special Features:
- DisappointedCorifeyDined on 7/26/2014All the reviews said pretty much uniformly "order anything at will from the menu, nothing will disappoint". We ordered three dishes - ravioli was excellent, shrimp had a pungent fishy smell and duck was simply undercooked, even after we asked to put it back on the grill.
- Magnificent!Sybarite25VIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first experience at Lilette and we cannot wait to visit again. We were comfy in the intimate confines of this Magazine St. gem Our service was fantastic, warm, and attentive. Every dish we four ordered was perfectly prepared and beautifully presented. Of particular note were the sweetbreads which were sublime, rich and elegant. My husband's short ribs and gnocchi were especially decadent. You will want to be certain to order dessert because they were the perfect ending to an incredible experience. Unpretentious and delightful dining that will thrill those who take their food very seriously.Special Features:
- Fantastic classically prepared foodJknolaDined on 7/24/2014A delicious and perfectly prepared meal. Thanks also to the chef for the complimentary birthday dessert - delicious poached pears with honey and goat cheese quenelles.Special Features:
- SuperiorgaryVIPDined on 7/18/2014As good as the hangar steak is I had the salmon entree and it was superb. The sizzling shrimp is a wonderful appetizer. Can't get there enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beaubarbeaubarDined on 7/17/2014Good time, really good dinner as usual for Lilette. Really good appetizer specials. Try the raw fish. Wife got a specialty cocktail which she did not care for but they offered/suggested a different one which was very good. The first was taken off the bill after I asked about it. Knowledgeable, professional service staff, there when you need them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delishdelishDined on 7/17/2014Food was superb. Cooked well, seasoned perfectly, beautiful presentation, and wonderful pairing of flavors. The truffle toast appetizer was my favorite dish, my only complaint is I wish there was more. Waitress was kind and prompt with service. The seating is crowded when it is busy, but still comfortable. I liked that each food had a drink recommendation but its difficult for those of us who are not educated in the way of drink. The wine list was taken before we ordered...which was not good at all. The hostess was down right nasty and rude even so much as making an audible comment about myself and my dinner guest. If she is working, I will not go back. I enjoyed my meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh & FabulousFamilydinersVIPDined on 7/12/2014We took advantage of specials to enjoy figs on a salad and fresh corn in a creamy cold bisque, plus the fish special. Despite the lack of a kids menu, the gnocchi appetizer made my grandson very happy as his entree. It was an enjoyable dinner in an intimate setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but felt rushed8cookateVIPDined on 7/11/2014Arrived on time for our 7:00 reservation and expected we had 2 hours to dine. By 8:45 the hostess tried to remove our half finished dessert. Had the M duck. It was too tough to cut with the knife the gave me. The crab claw appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Locked doorDinerDined on 7/11/2014We arrived at 11:27 for our 11:30 reservation only to be met with a locked door. The hostess proceeded to crack the door to tell us "one more minute" and then relocked the door as we stood waiting on the steps next to the street corner. Once the hostess let us into the restaurant (at 11:32 and only after placing the open sign outside of the door), she immediately asked if we were walk-ins vs having a reservation. Service wasn't much better, where the server proceeded to describe what escarole was when I asked about the content of the salad. And the lobster on brioche was unseasoned.
- Lilette ScoresThyme2cookDined on 7/10/2014Service was good until a large table next to us filled. Otherwise, food was delicious, and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mscrabtreeDined on 7/4/2014I had eaten at Lilette on my own a few weeks ago. Had a first rate Caesar salad which was the special salad that night & then the braised short ribs & a lovely glass of Sancerre. All excellent. I went back with my husband the other night. The chick pea/fennel soup was very good as was a warm beet salad but then I ordered the short ribs again & was disappointed. The meat tasted like it had been re-heated & was tough. The polenta was thin & soupy. I was so disappointed because the first time it was outstanding. However, I would go back again & taste some other dishes as it is a lovely restaurant with good service, nice ambiance and a well thought out menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YES YES LILETTE !PrizedPoetandPalVIPDined on 7/4/2014Charming neighborhood spot that was once a corner drug store, I was told. Crowded and when the tables fill up the noise has no where to go but still a should do if you want to get out of the Quarter and dine without the hoopla. Started with a lovely cup of chicken soup with a soft poached egg and ended with a well conceived and presented cheese plate. Made a meal of two apps...the truffle toast and the CRAB CLAWS IN PASSION FRUIT BUTTER! Never got a picture to share because once the fragrance hit me the were history with only a few flakes of crab clinging to a drop of sauce! Do not miss this small gem and eat outside if weather permits.Special Features:
- Wait staffLaplaceDined on 7/1/2014Great experience, our server was excellent and so was the food.Special Features: