3637 Magazine St.
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liletterestaurant.com/
- Phone: (504) 895-1636
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Harris
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Lilette will cater your cocktail party with passed hors d'ouves or cater your seated dinner. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Restaurant buyouts available for your private function.
- Private Party Contact: Peter Dymond 5048951636x
A word from Lilette
Occupying a late 1800's corner drugstore in the heart of the Magazine Street Antique & shopping district, Lilette balances bistro & fine dining with contemporary French & Italian fare. Beautiful banquettes & blood-red walls create a romantic ambience for you to enjoy the culinary styles of Food & Wine's 'Best New Chef', John HarrisContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Lilette - Best Restaurants in Garden District ›
Lilette reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (66)special occasion (54)romantic (47)great for lunch (33)hot spot (30)notable wine list (27)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (13)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Everything Perfect...ButCalWVIPDined on 11/22/2014The service. I've visited many, many times. In the beginning I had a problem with the condescending attitude of the staff. They overcame that and remembered that we're in the South. We are FRIENDLY. On my last visit, however, the server had an attitude problem. I must say she is the only one I've encountered lately who has-- please note. It's a very lively place with excellent food. The fish was perfect and my friend loved her beef. Hearts of palm are always impressive. I had a glass of Oregon (maybe two) Beaujolais. Yes, you read that correctly. I loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great again!garyVIPDined on 11/21/2014Been going to Lilette for years. Never a bad meal. The Hangar steak with the marrow and fries is tremendous. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!TryItAllDined on 11/15/2014Great space, great vibe, Nicholas the sommelier was bang on with his recommendation, which should have been a challenge since we had dishes that were all over the menu & my friend & I were sharing all of it. I am always happy to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the top New Orleans restaurantscfhnolaVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is one of our favorite local restaurants. The food and the service are always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New Orleans favoriteMangeonDined on 11/15/2014Lilette has what every restaurant should strive for: an elegant yet relaxed atmosphere, a friendly, well trained staff and amazing fare. A perfect New Orleans experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ignore your scheduled reservation!MitchellDined on 11/14/2014Lilette certainly will take your reservation time, confirm it, change it at their will and then ignore it completely. I live in the neighborhood and had dinner set for Friday night with friends visiting from out of state. It was very cold outside, and we were told by the hostess that she had no idea of when we might be given a table and that we would have to wait elsewhere. She suggested we go next door to Lilette's sister restaurant which we did. One $85 bar tab there which we were fully charged for, and we were summoned back over to Lilette. We spoke to the manager who never offered an apology, stated he needed more time to take in our complaint and that was that! Either Lilette should give stated manager a modicum of training and/or authority and/or send him for training at Lilette's other restaurant in NYC called Exchange Alley where the food and service are superb!Special Features:
- Bad serviceNolavisitorDined on 11/14/2014We arrived at 8:15 for an 8:30 reservation on a Friday night. Had to wait almost an hour for table and 15 minutes for more bread. Managemt needs to figure out how to run a busy restaurantSpecial Features:
- We saved the best for last.SedonaRoyDined on 11/13/2014After nine marvelous days of sampling the fabulous cuisine of new Orleans, we culminated our visit with a grand finale at Lilette. Good move. It was far and away the best dining experience we had in the City. Exquisite, innovative food, with some delightful sensory surprises. Service was warm, friendly, professional, and spot on. We even head a couple of visits to our "private dining area" from Heather, the talented, lovely, and gracious bartender, who followed up our orders of the delicious house specialty, Lilette Martini, and after-dinner Absinthe. The restaurant can be a bit noisy, so we requested a small, two table room, up a few stairs on the way to the kitchen. Nice and romantic. With a larger party, we'd just join the fun downstairs. That location, though, afforded us a pleasant visit from Chef who seemed happy to share his insights on the cuisine and receive our comments. For a top-of-the-line true gourmet restaurant, we thought the cost of the entire experience was very reasonable. The food, drinks, service, ambiance made it a truly memorable evening. Can't imagine how it could have been any better. In fact, we intend to return next spring with some of our fellow foodie Chaine des Rotisseurs members we have described the place to. Lilette is one of the main attractions bringing us back from Sedona, AZ and our friends are excited about trying the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependableOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2014Dependable and at the highest level--always very good to outstanding, usually outstanding. Prices reasonable. Good bar, and good specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMochaVIPDined on 11/8/2014As always food excellent! Have dined here numerous times and always good. Very noisy this time. Background music very loud. Need to tone it downSpecial Features:
- Great SpotFoodie4lifeDined on 11/3/2014After having a memorable dining experience at Lilette a few years ago,I hoped for a repeat performance.Looking for a change from some of the traditional NOLA fare,I was able to find that at the French-inspired dishes at Lilette.Great wine and food-the appetizer with truffle and marrow on toast was superb. The beef cheeks and gnocci were also fabulous. Highly recommmended.Special Features:
- Lovely Lilette!SandiDined on 11/1/2014Dining at Lilette is always wonderful! This European bistro's ambiance is intimate, vibrant, romantic, for couples or a group, it's perfect! The French and Italian inspired cuisine choices like the Poulet Breast, Gnocchi, Spiced Drum, Roasted Muscovy Duck, Kobe New York Strip are uniquely prepared and served with sides like Quinoa, Chanterelles and Hen of the Woods Mushrooms. Try the chalkboard menu daily specials; Kumamoto Oysters, Tuscan Kale salad with Sicilan Fennel and Pistachio and the Grilled Cod...absolutely delicious! Wine menu is great, offers many regions to enhance any food selection. Desserts are a must, the Yogurt Panna Cotta was amazing! Lilette is a truly different and unique New Orleans dining experience not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- imagination + traditionCacsVIPDined on 10/25/2014The cold corn soup with avocado and crab is an example of how the chef recontextualizes everyday ingredients into something new and wonderful. We had a lovely lunch on the patio with attentive service and food with flair.Special Features:
- Perfect lunchSFFrequentTravelerDined on 10/23/2014Three of us had lunch at Lilette and enjoyed every aspect of our meal. Cocktails, appetizers and main courses. Great service and friendly staff. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- wonderful foodnicknameVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been several times and continue to enjoy the food. King crab claws great. Fish specials and duck excellent. They have a beautiful outdoor courtyard for dining while the weather is so nice here. French restaurant so lots of French wine, but how about a few more California selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findGinginDined on 10/18/2014Great lunch! We enjoyed fresh hearts of palm which we had never tasted. Lovely with shaved parmesan and a light vinaigrette. The duck confit was wonderful. The wines were reasonable and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigD3Dined on 10/17/2014We arrived on time for an 8:30 reservation but were not seated until 9:15. No local fare: oysters from the northeast, fish from the Mediterranean, odd set-up. I won't go back.
- QueenieW.QueenieWDined on 10/17/2014We were entertaining out of town guests and with the weather so lovely wanted a pretty patio to dine, we found that and much more. The food was simply delicious and the wine sommelier a great help selecting a perfect bottle for us to enjoy. Our guests raved about how we always find such wonderful hidden gems. We will return soon.Special Features:
- wouldn't go backsenoritaVIPDined on 10/16/2014the waitress was so unpleasant that that is the main memory of this lunch - the drum was not as good as i remembered although the beet salad was delicious but my friend and i thought it was outrageously overpriced and i live in NYC! and since then have heard others complain about the service though the food is very good - in short, given the plethora of choices in NO, would not go back and run the risk of that face getting even longer as we asked for more bread because we were waiting for someone for an hour who had mistaken the date!Special Features:
- Still dreaming about this dinner...HRL1Dined on 10/11/2014WOW! I've had this place on my list for a while--first because the venue itself is just so beautifully quaint and then because it kept being recommended as a great place to dine. Lilette did not disappoint at all. We were greeted and accommodated (we had temporary guests at our table)--by a lovely hostess. We were taken care of beautifully by the wait staff who were professional, yet quirky (perfect for the Magazine St. location). The food was heavenly. I am still dreaming of the beef cheeks and gnocci enveloped with the richest, most delicious sauce ever. The shrimp and short ribs were perfection on a plate, and the duck and hangar steak did not disappoint. Dessert was perfect as well--a pumpkin tart with caramel and a nutella one.Special Features:
- Southern Grace & Classis FrenchLive2eatDined on 10/10/2014In a city of great, rich food. Lilette stands apart by offering impeccable French food and service infused with southern charm. Though classic French, the food was lite and perfectly balanced. We ate outside under lights strung tee to tree. It was the perfect evening in New Orleans, lingering over beautiful food and conversation. Don't miss the escargot or the grilled beets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicegirl1Dined on 10/8/2014Service and food excellent. They were eager to please. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to dine!!LetthebighorserunDined on 9/26/2014Great dining experience! Great atmosphere! We ate outside on a very pleasant nite! Service was excellent! Food was excellent although portions might be on the small side! Speciality drinks were nothing to write home about!! Wine list is somewhat pricey!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/26/2014Amazing in every way!! I had the sage gnocchi and sizzling shrimp as well as the chocolate hazelnut torte. An amazing lunch. My husband loved his meatball sandwich and suggested wine pairing. What a great spot. Definitely worth the trip from the CBD.Special Features:
- Great food, great neighborhoodSpencer428Dined on 9/22/2014Seated at our reservation time. Great table for two. Great food - appetizers and main courses. Waiter started out a bit too "professional", but he soon warmed up and we had a great time. Our first time to the Magazine St. Garden District. We were initially drawn there from a not-so-recent "Three Perfect Days in New Orleans" article from the United Airlines in-flight magazine. Checked recent reviews and made the reservation. We were very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very overatedNotatouristDined on 9/20/2014Of all the Fine Dining experiences in the city this is my least favorite. Far too expensive for what you get. Food was tasty of course, but after one appetizer and entree left me still hungry. Of course this is the trend, little food for lots of money with the excuse that the chef and ambiance makes it all worth it... NO... We shared an appetizer and one entree each and three drink each = $175 before tip.... ridiculous, considering we had to shout to hear each other as the tables are too close to each other. Then we felt harassed as if they wanted us to leave after meal, so they could seat others. Also, couldnt believe the dinner menu was so limited. Best thing was Irish coffee after meal. I don't recommend this place and I live here.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Great great great food. Nice ambiance. This feels like a 'hidden secret' in New Orleans. Not your typical cajun fare....a welcome change and well worth the travel off the beaten path. Rich, complex flavors and incredibly satisfying!Special Features:
- Pleasant Dining ExperienceMarbeDined on 9/12/2014Pleasant dining experience; definitely a place to "see & be seen." Interesting menu choices and good food. Definitely need a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best MealRickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Our three night dining adventure in New Orleans started with Lilette. Meal was excellent and looking back now, it was the best dinner we had. Stared with the truffle appetizer, which wife liked more than me. But my salad with duck comfit on top was almost filling enough for the entire dinner. Duck leg and thigh were perfectly prepared and went well served over a simple bed of lettuce. Main course of sliced sirloin was perfectly prepared and very tender. Wife had drum fish which she liked. Service was excellent. Will again when in New Orleans
- Consistently Excellent FoodSGlouisDined on 9/8/2014This place is a sleek dinning room. Staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. Most have been working there for years. The food is excellent, fresh and innovatingly prepared and presented. You are in for a palate pleasing good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding mealLuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 9/6/2014What a treat it is to eat at Lilette! Our meal was outstanding, from appetizers, to main course, to the desserts. The service is attentive without being overbearing. Lilette is one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans.Special Features:
- foodie2OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014I've come to discover that the French Quarter is not the only game in town for fine dining. Magazine street is loaded with gems like this, that serve beautiful, delicious food. The service was impeccable, genuinely warm and friendly. The ambience could go equally well for a group of friends or a romantic couple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MenujdjdanDined on 8/30/2014We loved the daily specials available!! Staff was very knowledgeable about all the menu items.Special Features:
- Did not fulfill its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014After reading such positive reviews, and despite the hearing from many friends that it was just alright, I tried it. I am sorry to say for a foodie New Orleanian that it is not spectacular . High points cheese board, beet salad.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsBinnolaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Reserved a table but the bar was open so we preferred to sit there and the friendly hostess accommodated us. Ended up with all appetizers and no entrees. All excellent with very good pairing wines. Heather at the bar was delightful. Noise level can get pretty loud but tonight it was fine. Great, relaxed evening .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014excellent service and food, tables are close but usually know that going in...asked for a booth and they were very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- chefpmaVIPDined on 8/28/2014Lilette appears to be a neighborhood gem. The service was professional. The food ranged from dished we liked very much to dishes we might not order again. Either way, all of the dishes were prepared properly. The escargot, white truffle toast with marrow and potato gnocchi appetizers were off-the-chart good. A chilled sweet corn broth soup with crab was delicious. The duck confit salad was very good. The duck entrée was very good (though I recommend adding a better/different reduction to it). The Kobe beef was prepared properly but served with potatoes that resembled home fries. Bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, but really loud!LocalizedVIPDined on 8/27/2014It is so loud with the tile floor. wood and glass But the food and service is awesome. But man is it loud in there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food, vibrant vibe in an historic corner building that once was a pharmacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmarienkaferDined on 8/20/2014Had one of the best dishes ever -- braised beef cheeks, gnocchi, red wine, cream! Excellent service from Nicholas and Zach as well. Thank you!Special Features: