Lil' Baci - Yonge st
2013 Yonge St
Toronto, ON M4S 1Z9Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Lil' Baci - Yonge st
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lilbaci.com/
- Phone: 6477486300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Larry Santos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Private Party Facilities: We serve nothing but authentic Italian food with an emphasis on quality, and are proud of the rustic and delicious meals we send out. Great atmosphere, attentive service, and really, really good food are sure to be the perfect finishing touches to your next private event!
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8557808221
A word from Lil' Baci - Yonge st
Opening on June 1st 2012, we have embraced all that has made us one of Leslieville"s favourite restaurants and brought it to Davisville. We serve nothing but authentic Italian food with an emphasis on quality, and are proud of the rustic and delicious meals we send out, from our house made pastas, desserts, and cured meats, to our amazing pizzas. Great atmosphere, attentive service, and really, really good food.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Lil' Baci - Yonge st - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
Lil' Baci - Yonge st reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (13)fit for foodies (8)romantic (4)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good food, good serviceMikeFDined on 8/30/2014Very nice place with great food...a bit on the small side though. Very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed.notoohappyDined on 8/24/2014We requested near the front near the window, and were told they were reserved. No one showed up at we were put in front of the kitchen which was very noisy. Our pizza was burnt and not very appetizing.
- FoodykinsVIPDined on 8/10/2014Cute little spot with great food - nice twists on the usual italian dishes! Service was a bit slow at first, but once we got their attention, the timing was just right.Special Features:
- IT'S NICEilanasVIPDined on 7/31/2014i like this place because we can walk there. They have nice wines. The affogato for dessert is a must-have, as is the pie of the day. The mains are good. Nothing incredible. Service was much better this time.Special Features:
- Enjoyable local placegourmandVIPDined on 7/21/2014We dined al fresco on a warm summer evening. Friendly bistro style place in the Yonge/Davisville area. Like the interesting cocktails, always good specials & dishes well prepared; small, but good wine list by the glass.Special Features:
- FoodfaddiefoodfaddieDined on 7/21/2014Authentic Italian food.fresh tasty meal.The outdoor patio was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tiny portions, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014Had high hopes but was disappointed. Our crostini came burnt (offered to charge us just for one, but really, should have remade them), kale salad was difficult to eat since the lettuce was not chopped and very oily. The pasta was very good but the portion was tiny, more of an appetizer portion and i am not a big eater! It was embarrassing to see them serve about 20 pieces of gemili with a few brussels sprouts/tomatoes and charge $18! The pizza looked good but we won't be back. Too annoyed to have dessert.
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/10/2014Took 15 min for server to bring water to the table. Food took a long time to come out. Server didn't pay much attention to our table. The food was good but the poor service left a bad taste in our mouth. We did complain to the manger and she was apologetic.
- Always nice but service: meh!ilanasVIPDined on 7/10/2014Service was poor overall - wine nice, salads decent . Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- something has changedalanennisDined on 7/9/2014We have been going since opened and most recent experience very poor. Good was not up to previous standards and service (our server) was fair at best. The other server that night who greeted us but did not serve was very nice. To be honest we are not going back.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/8/2014Food was great and service was friendly and prompt. The menu had something for everyone and was well priced.Special Features:
- Great menubuddypile3Dined on 7/5/2014We were very pleased with the very original menu. This is not your typical Italian trattoria. Congratulations on the inventiveness of your menu. My husband loved the brussel sprouts pizzaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only the service was betterLeoGDined on 6/27/2014Food is OK, prices are OK, but the service is not so good. Even with a near to empty restaurant you have to wait over 10 minutes to be seated, Over 15 mins to get your order taken.. We got some half burnt, reheated bread which also came late and cold. The Creamy Polenta was OK. Desserts are OK. Nothing spectacular, nice patio.
- Serving staff seems not to careFoodLoverVIPDined on 6/25/2014Over a number of visits, the servers seems not to care about your waiting, whether it's for a table, for bread or for dessert. It's certainly a way to discourage patrons from coming back! In addition, the portion sizes, considering the prices, are pretty skimpy. The kids offerings are tiny and not enough for a 4 year old with a bird like appetite!
- Good Yonge St spotgourmandVIPDined on 6/19/2014Lots of competition in the area - but a casual, fun & good spot! Enjoyed the fish special and wonderful dessert. Good wines by the glassSpecial Features:
- Delicious !Deb9227VIPDined on 6/12/2014Great outdoor dining spot - food was delicious and the service was friendly and efficient. Good wine too !! Pappardelle with duck ragu was incredible !Special Features:
- Great spot for the neighbourhoodAlwayslookin4gudspotsDined on 6/7/2014Very good food. Friendly staff. Patio is perfect. Don't forget to share some appetisers before dinner - you'll be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...angeVIPDined on 6/6/2014As a frequent customer to Lil Baci and a major fan, I've noticed some real inconsistencies and discrepancies over the last couple of months. I've dined there at least 4 times in the last two months and each experience leaves me disappointed and surprised. I'm not sure if there was a change in chef however when I was there Friday night, my entire table was unhappy with at least one element of their meal and refused to return. I'm not certain I can say the same for myself just yet but I will be waiting some time in hopes that things in the kitchen are resolved.Special Features:
- The following 61 reviews are from the Lil' Baci - Yonge st reviews archive.
- Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/21/2014Food good but not great, service good and prices reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and FriendlyhungryjennVIPDined on 5/17/2014Had a nice dinner here as a group of 6. We sat downstairs which we much prefer to being upstairs. Would return - especially for patio season!Special Features:
- Neighbourhood hot spotSherryDined on 5/13/2014Very good Italian food with robust flavor. Not your boring pizza restaurant. Incredible beet salad with goat cheese and imaginative pizzas and pastas. Food fit for every taste served with mouth-watering seasonings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An adjustment is neededDonsalviDined on 5/11/2014First time visit. We were all (3) deeply impressed by the quality, freshness and flavour of the food served. Definitely worth experiencing...once. There are many Italian restaurants in the area, but few that offer the same quality as this one. The real difference between them is that they offer either larger portions or equal portions at a lesser price. Lil' Baci has handicapped itself by offering by offering small portions at a high price (Unless it was made by the Pope, I'm not sure a a cup full of raddichio warrants a $14 price). Untill an adjustment is made, We're going to have a hard time recommending this to anyone other than the MMTB (More Money Than Brains)crowd.
- SahandfastDined on 5/11/2014We had Mother's Day brunch at Lil' Baci. It was an outstanding experience: the food was excellent (Eggs Benedetto) and the service matched the great food. We will be sure to go back. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family get togetherFocslerDined on 4/25/2014Met up with family at this cosy neighbour eatery. Servicer was pleasant and knowledgable and paced our meal nicely. Food was delicious from salads through pastas and pizza. Loved the chewy crust and sauce on the latter. Desserts were to die for. Prices were decent for this level of dining. We plan to make Lil' Baci on of our go to place when we Midtowm. Only negative is that finding parking spot can be taxing. No pun intended but better to take a taxi or walk if you can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No gluten free mainsFlipflopsDined on 4/24/2014Food was ok. Open kitchen makes for a smoky dining experience. One or two gluten free options - and they're salads, so I was starving after. :(
- Great neighborhood Italian foodTorontoMomDined on 4/22/2014We had a delicious Italian dinner. Some wonderful interesting dishes. Lots of healthy options. Kids found yummy choices too. Good service considering restaurant was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyMB1977VIPDined on 4/6/2014I enjoy their menu so much that it has now become my first choice of restaurants to visit in the Yonge & Egg/Davisville area. The Brussel Sprout pizza is a delightful surprise. And I cannot say one bad thing about anything on the brunch menu. The staff is always pleasant and fun to chat with. Definitely a must visit, over & over again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our meal at Lil' Baci.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Enjoyed our meal at Lil' Baci. The menu here offers some unique spins to the pasta and pizza dishes which dominate the menus at the many other Italian restaurants in the neighbourhood. Waitress got off to a slow start but steadily improved throughout the evening. In fairness she did mention they were dealing with a large party in the private dining area upstairs. Never the less, she was still happy to take the time to make recommendations for both food and wine. Zucchini Soup was fresh and flavourful but must be a big fan of zucchini to truly enjoy. Heirloom beet salad was fresh and well dressed. Duck Ragu on Polenta was a great rich entree and a nice change from pasta. DC enjoyed her gnocchi in traditional beef and pork ragu.Special Features:
- Good Eating ExperienceNatureDined on 3/16/2014Beet salad was delicious. Would have liked to try kale salad but they were all out. Pasta was tasty but felt the portions were too small. Nice atmosphere and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighbourhood favouriteOrliVIPDined on 3/5/2014Lil Baci is, by far, one of my favourite places to go in my area. I'd probably make the trek even if it wasn't so conveniently located! Loved the food, great service and perfect ambiance. Thanks!Special Features:
- Lil baciRyhanksDined on 2/15/2014Great spot. Was very busy. Took a little while to be seated and for our waitresses first stop to our table but after that it was great. Our waitress was friendly and attentive and the food was really good. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/11/2014Been to this restaurants a number of times previously, but this time visited during winterlicious. Pizza option was good, pasta portion size is small. Otherwise a decent meal. Service is fine too, nothing to complain about. A nice little neighbourhood spot.Special Features:
- Winterlicious menu not up to parOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014We've eaten there before, so while the menu was enticing for winterlicious, the actual dishes were not good at all I returned my lambs shank because they were so greasy. My husband's chicken pappardelle was ok, nothing special. My dessert, chocolate mud pie lacked taste,hard cake impacted on the bottom. Italian menu, Sardinian style apps...why add butter? Olive oil on table is delish, does chef need to enhance dishes so much. Makes no sense. The entrance moved to the side of the restaurant because of the cold, so we sat in front of the former doors. Freezing cold. Why not insulate, cover the cracks in the door? Or forgo some of the tables downstairs. I wish we had moved upstairs. Bad food, cold feet. We won't be back.
- LoudBoobooDined on 2/7/2014It s unfortunate that this place plays music so loud, also echos from all conversations from all tables . We live in the area so convenient location.Food is acceptable , service was good but due to noise level, we will not return.
- Cute little spot. Pasta isEMcGDined on 2/4/2014Cute little spot. Pasta is amazing and dessert menu is delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average foodrubbish82VIPDined on 2/1/2014Don't order the pizza unless you don't like cheese!Special Features:
- I was very disappointed withOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/5/2013I was very disappointed with L'il Baci. The service was very unattentive and slow and the food was just bad - and there were four of us with different dishes and the experience was the same around the table . Also, the fact that they ran out of the feature appetizer at 7:15pm is a bit ridiculous. I definitely will not go back there, which is too bad as it's in the neighbourhood and is a nice space.
- Family dinnerOrliVIPDined on 11/25/2013Really enjoyed my dinner here, Monday night. I know that Lil' Baci is always a great choice for good food, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- noiseabbyDined on 11/15/2013It was very noisy as such a small plsce and they had the music soo loud we could not hear each other talk you do not need music wcansdians are very loud so thst is more than enoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expected betterTRandTBVIPDined on 10/19/2013service was spotty - meals did not all come at once - drinks were forgotten food was OK -pizza was just OK - would have expected more could be doneSpecial Features: