12723 St. Martin's Neck Road
Bishopville, MD 21813Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lighthousesound.com/maryland-ocean-city-golf-dining
- Phone: (410) 352-5250
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Lighthouse Sound
Lighthouse Sound invites you to see its newly remodeled restaurant with these wonderful offers. The Lighthouse Restaurant overlooking Assawoman Bay and the Ocean City skyline is dedicated to providing the finest cuisine on the Eastern Shore. Whether a family outing, corporate meeting banquet or wedding, The Lighthouse Restaurant will cater your every need. Serving lunch and dinner our culinary staff will prepare the finest cuisine East of the Chesapeake.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Lighthouse Sound - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Lighthouse Sound reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (24)romantic (17)special occasion (14)good for groups (10)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Best View in O.C.akohamickDined on 11/6/2014Great location in a golf course's 19th hole. Food is prepared with many unique touches. Beautiful view of bay and Ocean City. Service is organized and respectful. There is a wonderful special (mostly around off-season) for $65.00 one gets two starters, two entrees, one shared dessert, and a bottle of wine. A wonderful view to go with your fine dining experience.Special Features:
- just okay-Sept 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014the scenery was great, nice location, but the food was just okay. A bit too pricey for my taste. My husband and I did the 2 can dine for $65. I ordered the rockfish and he had the stuffed chicken breast. We found both to be on the bland side, not to mention the cold mashed potatoes. The wait staff was nice and attentive. The most annoying thing were the flies and the knats. A total nuisance! For the price, I expected a little moreSpecial Features:
- Just satisfactoryKCAnnapolisDined on 9/25/2014The setting with large windows overlooking the water and golf course is great. The food is golf course quality. It was really not that special. My husband's scallops were okay, but my fish was mushy and the vegetables were really salty. Maybe it was just a bad night for the kitchen.
- special placegeosDined on 9/4/2014perfect place for dinner on last night in Ocean City. A great way to end a wonderful vacation. It's become a traditionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DISAPPOINTING and LOUD!!!vjdantoneVIPDined on 9/4/2014Reading glowing reviews, we looked forward to our evening. The locale and view are wonderful, the service and the food are not. On this Thursday evening, we ordered the 'after Labor Day" special for two-separate salads, entrees, a bottle of wine, and a dessert to share. We waited awhile for our salads and then, after having two bites, were served with entrees with the apology 'we're having problems with the kitchen tonight'. One would think that these entrees would be piping hot-NOT-especially my wife's veal. And oh, please take your veal OFF the menu. The waiter was asked what might be better-the rockfish or veal-he recommended the veal. SHOE LEATHER!! And NOT-SO-PRIME RIB! FAT & MORE FAT! Not worth the effort to go and be disappointed.Special Features:
- Recommended 4 special eveningBird1492Dined on 9/3/2014We visited on a weekday evening after Labor Day and the restaurant was not crowded. The weather was clear and the view from our table was a panorama of the bay and Ocean City skyline. Our food was quite good but not spectacular and it was served in a timely manner with courtesy and attention. We did not order appetizers, wine or dessert and the price for our dinners was quite reasonable. We were given (as in free) large chocolate-chip cookies which were excellent. It proved to be a very nice evening and the best restaurant experience we had in our week near Ocean Pines. I would recommend this restaurant for a low-key relaxing dinner in a beautiful environment. Dress is casual or dressy - a white table cloth and cloth napkins place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!discriminatingtasteDined on 9/3/2014Beautiful vistas; food was nonremarkable but good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprise venue indeed!BulgogibanditVIPDined on 8/23/2014Thanks to open table we like to adventure often. When I saw Lighthouse Sound I had never heard of it even though I have been going to Ocean City for over 30 years. It is located just across the bay and it overlooks the Ocean City skyline. The service was friendly and attentive and the food was very tasty! We had the honor of seeing an outdoor wedding take place during our visit. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family and we will visit again. Do keep in mind that it can be a vibrant place noise wise when weddings are taking place, so if you are looking for quiet intimacy call ahead first to make sure there are no parties or weddings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hooked the first time!DevineDinerDined on 8/21/2014This was our first dining experience at the Lighthouse Sound and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was the last night of our vacation and a very special treat. The food was delicious and the service very good. My husband had the veal and I had the fish special, which was a black sea bass covered in a light sauce with shrimp. We had a perfect table by the windows over looking the water and grounds. We will return on our next trip to the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experienceloves2eatDined on 8/21/2014We ate at the Lighthouse Sound a few nights ago. We had out of town guests and we were celebrating a birthday. The meal was wonderful and you cannot beat the dining for 2 option. All of us enjoyed the experience here....from the appetizers to the dessert! I would highly recommend Lighthouse Sound. Our server Stephen was outstanding!!!!! We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- Elegant, special spot!TinkDined on 8/20/2014Stephen, our waitstaff, was very knowledgeable and steered us into some great choices. We took advantage of the Special $65 for two, which included a bottle of wine, two entrees (from a long list to choose from), two salads of choice and a shared dessert. My husband ordered a stuffed chicken which he enjoyed, I ordered the barramundi fish with Thai overtones. Delicious. House salads very very tasty. Dessert of chocolate bread pudding good also. We'll be back, thank you. Oh yes, the pate of cookies offered as we wound up our evening was such fun and the icing on the cake. Thanks to you all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceBigAppleDined on 8/11/2014The young inexperienced waiter asked to take our orders but neither he nor the hostess ever presented us with menus . It is an expensive restaurant and we thought it would be fine for a special occasion. The food arrived cold. We had a lot of difficulty finding this waiter so that he could reheat the food. It took 7 or 8 minutes before we could get his attention. It took a long time for him to come back and check on us. I blame the management for lack of training . We Will not be back.Special Features:
- Great food, great viewNjoydiningoutVIPDined on 8/10/2014Overall, Lighthouse Sound was an amazing place to eat. The food was outstanding, and the view was beautiful. From the dining room you could see the city skyline which was amazing. The area is also very secluded so, it was nice and quiet and calm. I would definitely reccomend this place to anyone and I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant - great foodbeachDined on 8/9/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is always excellent. Service is great and a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- our favorite romantic dining placelovepuppyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Have been to Lighthouse Sound several times this season and it continues to be one of our favorite places in the OC area. Will go back often for the great service, ambience and good food.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Lighthouse Sound reviews archive.
- Overall Very NiceZsuzsannaDined on 7/9/2014The restaurant is very quiet (needs a bit more personality) and the scenery is beautiful. The food was good. I did have some issues. My drink took about 15-20 minutes to arrive. My huge issue is that my son has allergies and I felt that this restaurant is not very astute when it comes to allergies. My son had a steak, we explained it should only have salt and pepper, crabmeat was placed on the side (good) but...when the steak arrived, it was topped with a clump of fried onions. At no time were we asked if he is allergic to onions or the batter they used or if it is okay to do that. Personally, this is a restaurant that is nice to visit once and maybe the members of the golf course visit regularly but we probably won't be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't beat their specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/4/2014Beautiful setting and we always come here when we visit OC.Special Features:
- fancy vacation dinnertornado524Dined on 7/3/2014have been coming her for years when we visit ocean city....this time food was just good.........was excellent in the past....the singer in dining room has an excellent voice however was a little loud that we had to ask waitress to tell her to turn down music because couldnt hear the conversation at table...will try again however because loved it first couple of times....maybe chef was having off nite.Special Features:
- DELICIOUSTMAYDined on 6/29/2014From the moment we set foot on the property, everything was just wonderful. The tables were ample size, with absolutely comfortable seats. Our server was great and the food was just delicious, everything from the appetizers to the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceKLSLDined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. We will be returning with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 5/25/2014Bad experience. Put in a room with two large noisy parties. Waitress was lame, drinks took too long. Out of stuff on the menu already...veal was tough had to be sent back. Never will we go back.
- Lighthouse soundSusanDined on 5/25/2014Lighthouse sound is a beautiful restaurant with wonderful service. We had 19 people including several children. The children's choices are plentiful and the prices are good. They take reservations for large parties. The food was good with large portions, but a peppery. Hold the pepper and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerTurner6Dined on 5/25/2014Took my husband out for our 10 year anniversary. The view of the bay was wonderful, our server was excellent and food was very good. Would recommend this restaurant for special occasion. The complimentary sorbet and cookies were a nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful restaurantmelisDined on 5/23/2014Great food, excellent service, Gorgeous views, and excellent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and affordableocfoodieVIPDined on 5/23/2014The Lighthouse always offers excellent food and service, with an expansive view across the bay to Ocean City. The dinners for two including wine are a great value. The night we were there, songs by Suzette topped off a perfect family holiday evening.Special Features:
- Good dealKelHDined on 5/16/2014Had the special two can dine for $64. Great deal and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchMommysDayDined on 5/11/2014Upon arriving at Lighthouse Sound we were told our table wasn't ready. (We were early for our reservation, so we expected that). We were offered mimosas in the bar area. When we were seated, we were not informed that our server would be with us, nor that it was strictly a buffet. But we were seated near the window, which was perfect! The view is spectacular! Since our server didn't make an appearance, we decided to wonder up to the buffet on our own. The buffett was wonderful with every kind of breakfast food you could possibly want. Finally, when we were finishing our second plate our server appeared and asked if we would like anything to drink. Overall, our food was delicious as usual, and our time there enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uplifting, dining delightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We do this restaurant for special occasions and always come away having had a pleasant and memorable experience.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We had a very enjoyable meal at Lighthouse Sound. This was the second time we were there for Easter Dinner. I would a preferred to have the menu also available for those in the party who did not want the buffet.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchPlume928Dined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely Easter Brunch at Lighthouse Sound. Our table was at the window - so our view of the Bay and Ocean City was beautiful. The food was delicious and abundant. Omelet line got a bit long at times ... but it was worth it. Our server was so nice; even stopping to snap some photos of our group. Would DEFINITELY recommend for Brunch!Special Features:
- first timenewlocalDined on 4/18/2014This was our first trip to the Lighthouse restaurant and we found the experience well worth the trip. The food and service were excellent and the special price was a nice unexpected surprise. The singer performing during dinner was great, we loved her song selection and voice. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodNanaDined on 3/30/2014I chose this restaurant because of the lovely view of the bay and Ocean City. We were celebrating a birthday. Unfortunatelly the birthday girl had to send back the crab cake she ordered because it was burnt on one side-should never Have been served. Was not much better the 2nd time. Disappointing! No reason for this as they were not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and view!rboydaDined on 3/15/2014A great spot for eating some fine food and drinking great wine while looking at the view of Ocean City. Great service and even sorbet between your salad and entree. And, if you eat all your food on your dish (just kidding) you get great fresh baked cookies brought around by the manager. They even have a fixed price dinner with wine for two at a terrific price. Try it you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Website misleadingWillietomDined on 2/28/2014We enjoyed our meal after we got over being upset about the pricing of their "two dine for $59" special as we had enjoyed last year, and was still advertised on their website. Now the price is $65, and there was no consideration given to honoring their ad. "We just haven't gotten around to changing it" is not adequate in 2014. But after that we enjoyed the food, in fact it was very good. It is possible to upgrade the special and get other regular entree items, but this is not well described in terms of how much the upgrade will cost. Very confusing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchfeedmeVIPDined on 2/22/2014The crab ball appetizer was terrific. Great views and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outphred84Dined on 2/15/2014My wife and I wanted to go out for a special Valentine's dinner but beat the crowd by going the day after. First time visit. .Great choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's Day ExperienceSydneyVIPDined on 2/14/2014We don't usually dine out on V-day but took a chance this year and we're glad we did. The restaurant is in a country club setting with big fireplaces and a live jazz singer. Although the menu was limited because of the holiday, we thought the food was very good. Excellent lobster bisque, interesting crab martini. My husband had the veal chop which he said was very good and i had delicious steak and lobster. They do cook on the rare side as i ordered my steak medium and it came with a cool red center. The real surprise was the platter of chocolate chip cookies they brought around for dessert. All in all, a very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Great ViewBob61VIPDined on 2/14/2014Been there a number of times. Food is consistently good and the service and ambience are great. They occasionally have a singer during dinner who is very good. Not too loud and romantic songs. Always serve fresh baked cookie at end of meal. Nice touch. On the last visit, both our entrees were over salted. First time that has happened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingPhleeVIPDined on 1/4/2014This was our first time at the Lighthouse and we will definitely come back, especially in the spring/summer and take in the view during sunset. We were impressed the moment we walked into the clubhouse....very spacious, lovely music/vocals coming out of the restaurant (they have live music on the weekends). We opted for the Special which was dinner for 2 for $65 - 2 salads, 2 entrees with one side each, 1 dessert and 1 bottle of wine! Hard to beat! The Lighthouse Salad was very nice complete with walnuts and mandarin orange slices. We both choose the same entrée, Shrimp Scampi over fettuccini with a garlic sauce, very nice. For dessert, we choose the hot brownie with ice cream, awesum!Special Features:
- Good and badfirstdisDined on 1/1/2014Everything but the steak was excellent. It is unfair to compare their steaks to Ruth Chris' but mine did not compare to my own grilling. We got the fixed priced menu and received 1/2 inch thick rib-eyes. Mistake. I don't think any chef can do justice to a thin cut steak. One of the group did get a NY Strip upgrade (1+ inch) and that was apparently good. Two of us thought the rib-eye may have been frozen and tasted "gritty". Potatoes were superb and everything else was very good. (Awesome bread pudding). At the end, I did mention my dissatisfaction to the waitress. The chef nicely sent out another dinner of two fillets but unfortunately the quality was similar. Good effort though. This is my first Open Table restaurant gripe.Special Features: