11 North King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037712233
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30am Cafe Menu-Open to Close Dinner Menu-5:30pm Daily Sunday Brunch, Outdoor Patio Weather Permitting Daily Lunch and Dinner Special Menus Valentines Eve, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ingrid Gustavson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise only.
- Private Party Facilities: The Restaurant is available for a complete facility buy out.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 7037712233x12
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights if a private party is not booked in the Piano Bar. Please call for a schedule.
- Special Events: Special Grand Buffets served Easter and Mother's Day. Special menu served on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Eve.
A word from Lightfoot Restaurant
Lightfoot Restaurant was named in honor of Loudon County hero and American Statesman Francis Lightfoot Lee, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Lightfoot offers local color steeped in history, imaginative cuisine that tastes as exquisite as it looks, and an ambiance that is captivating and uniquely elegant. Lightfoot serves Lunch and Dinner Daily. Fine Dining in the dining room and casual dining in our bar area. We also offer three private rooms for Corporate Functions, Weddings, and Private Parties. Please refer to our website www.lightfootrestaurant.com for the latest menus as well as our banquet package. Fine Dining - Signature EventsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lightfoot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Lightfoot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (71)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (62)great for lunch (42)good for groups (36)great for brunch (32)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just AdequateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Having eaten here before several years ago, I was looking forward to returning. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed. The Ham Biscuits were heavy and doughy, the Friend Green Tomatoes were very ordinary, and the Steak Salad contained greens that were wilted and bitter, indicating that they were near the end of their shelf life. Too many other good restaurants in the area, so despite the fabulous ambiance in this historic bank, I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantGPeckDined on 9/10/2014Overall exceeded expectations. This was our first visit. Everyone enjoyed their food and the wine list is extensive. Lovely ambiance and a nice variety of menu items and specials. Service was very good and we are planning to return. Our party enjoyed the Pork Shank, Crab Cakes and NY Strip.Special Features:
- Birthday Sunday Brunch10isluvrDined on 9/7/2014We visited Lightfoot to celebrate my mother's birthday for brunch on Sunday. We ordered off the special brunch menu and everything was fantastic. We ordered appetizers (peking duck quesadilla, crab dip, crap, soup), main dishes (big bowl of grits, shrimp po boy, chesapeake eggs benedict and gyro) and we also enjoyed dessert. Everything was wonderful and we had plenty of time to visit. Service was very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet which was helpful since my parents have hearing issues.Special Features:
- Creative menu; food disappointingRex13826Dined on 9/4/2014I had the featured rock fish over andouille sausage and black bean rice. The fish was over cooked and it was evident that the rock fish was frozen (not fresh) at some point. The andouille sausage was not made in the tradition method and the black beans and rice were over cooked. As a $32 menu item, the dish was disappointing. My appetizer, the Maryland crab bisque was good. Service was attentive and efficient.
- GenreviewGenreviewDined on 9/2/2014Great food. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu items. Very impressive. Bar Tender equally good. believe his name was Art. One item I found a little strange was I could not order a glass of Merlot. Had to be a bottle. I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionspslivesfortodayDined on 8/31/2014Food, service, and atmosphere were great. They were able to get all the details right for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first and dnot my lastannak12Dined on 8/30/2014What can I say the manu is always changing, so no matter how many time you come back there are always wonderful new dishes to try. Services is friendly and prompt. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebsDined on 8/30/2014A great place to share delicious food with friends and family. The special atmosphere and food is one to remember and will have you looking forward to your next event at Lightfoot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was a great find and within walking to the small theatre we were visiting. Food, service and surroundings all very nice.Special Features:
- Heavy-handed LightfootBrunchloverVADined on 8/22/2014I was pleased to enter this handsome restaurant (with a reservation) at noon and find a light crowd: I hadn't seen my friend in years, and I couldn't wait to catch up. We were seated in a quiet corner, but I didn't notice the very large table next to us, which filled as we started lunch and became successively noisy, spoiling our dining experience. My fried clams were the largest I've ever seen: They looked like onion rings and were lukewarm, as were the oily, limp fries. The sauces accompanying the clams were delicious, though, and my friend's small salad was dressed perfectly. Service was extremely attentive. I would go back, keeping an eye out for large tables and ordering more carefully.Special Features:
- Lightfoot - Always a great visitDCVolDined on 8/17/2014Timeless surroundings, quietly efficient and prompt service, well-prepared meal, birthday celebration for a friend - perfect Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous RestaurantimnvaDined on 8/16/2014The building is absolutely beautiful! It was formerly a bank. The woodwork and moldings are fabulous. The food was delicious, with ample amounts. The service was great - there when you needed them. Overall, a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 8/15/2014THe specials are delicious. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBenTDined on 8/10/2014I was looking for someplace local that was little more on the fine dining scale for our wedding anniversary. After some searching I found Lightfoot and reviewing their menu I decided to make the reservation. I must say we were not at all disappointed, the ambiance was quite nice, the wait staff friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Then there was the food, absolutely amazing, one of the best steaks we have had anywhere. Truly an amazing experience and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Classy Dinner DatelightfootdinerDined on 8/8/2014Lightfoot is a high quality dining establishment. The atmosphere just exudes a fine dining experience ambiance. The food we got was amazing, both steaks. One filet mignon, and one New York strip. Both cooked excellently and served in a reasonable time. If the outdoor patio out back is open, I highly recommend it if there is comfortable weather. Nice and relaxing out there. The inside is great as well with lots of lavish seating and a well-stocked bar also. Been here many times, great experience every time.Special Features:
- SunshineDined on 8/7/2014Reserved a table for 6 for a lunch hour birthday celebration. The food, the service and the ambience on the back patio were excellent except that we found a short hair in one salad and a long hair in another. Our server reported this and we were given a free birthday dessert. Other than for hair in the food, it was a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Great food, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The menu was excellent and the specials were great. We had the lobster bisque which was excellent and the coffee braised chicken. It was a fabulous experience with the exception of the waiter who was trash talking other staff members to another waiter right next to our table. We would have preferred more discretion from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceNeverAgainDined on 8/2/2014Horrible service. My friend ordered her burger well done. The waiter advised that if she wanted it very well done he could just put a piece of charcoal between a bun and serve it to her and pointed out that ChickFila was down the street (not sure what he meant as they do not serve burgers) and she did understand the cow was dead. At first I thought he was kidding but no smile no expression at all. After that we waited about a hour for our meal during which he never bothered to check on refilling our drinks or to see if there was anything else we needed. I will never eat at the restaurant again. I also did mention this to the person who sat us to which he just looked at me and shook his head.
- Almost perfectkss1113Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, great place, great server BUT they didn't act on the reservation request to do something special for ny son and his wife's 5 year anniversary. That was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Salty risotto sank the shipTiggywinkleDined on 7/27/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday and for the most part enjoyed everything. Except for the salty risotto, which couldn't be replaced because the quotient for the evening had already been cooked. (!!!!) Ended up with an entree that wasn't what I wanted and no reduction on the bill. Which wasn't necessary, of course, but would've been a nice gesture. Service was lovely, though, and everyone else's meals were spot on. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014Lightfoot was a delight in all respects. And since Open Table requires a review of at least 50 characters in length, I'll say it again: Lightfoot was a delight in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you dine out long enough...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014you'll eventually get a long black hair in your food. I've been dining,recommending this place for yrs Dear friend treated me to lunch. About 10 min into meal, found sizable hair mixed in my lobster salad.I quietly looked for server, showed her. Plate remove, apologies made, asked what I wanted to order. I had lost my appetite, didn't want anything. I nibbled some of my friend's salad. Manager apologized. Sent complimentary order of fries, which I didn't want. Brought dessert menu, asked multiple times what they could bring me. We always have a small sundae for dessert, so ordered 2. On way home, asked her, and yes, she was charged for both.SERIOUSLY? Was floored. So stupid on their part. Lost TWO loyal customers over price of a sundae.
- Enjoyable EveningbirthdaydinnerDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful evening at Lightfoot. Service was fabulous (wish I could remember the gentleman's name). He was efficient, knowledgeable, and responsive. The food was delicious. Came out hot and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceItsfiveoclocksomewhereDined on 7/18/2014We visit on special occasions. It was as good as always. Well informed server, very clean restaurant, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, a bit loudJerseyrrtDined on 7/18/2014Great food and excellent service. All the courses wre served with great presentation, were creative and most importantly tasted great. Service was freindly, professional and very attentive. An energetic bar scene and poor acoustics make for a rather noisy ambience. Difficult to sustain conversation without raising your voice to be heard over the din. Great for a lively evening out. If you are looking for a quiet dinning experince, this may not be the best choice on a busy evening. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roddersDined on 7/12/2014fabulous as usual; casual elegance as the website describes it. favorite restaurant in LeesburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot 7/12/14VIRGINIANDined on 7/12/2014I made reservations for lunch this past Sat. The food was spectacular, but the waiter...was charming, but not too attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always overall very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We had another great dinner last Friday night, the drinks and food were excellent. We couldn't indulge in the dessert this time as the salad, bread, and meal were more than enough - just stuffed. Aside from the food, this is one of favorite places as not many restaurant bars make strawberry daiquiris anymore, which is my wife's favorite drink. I would caution that parking is a bear in Leesburg. We live in the southeast corner of town, so we really can't walk. So come early to get a parking spot in the garage if not drive around for street parking and may end up parking a few blocks away. Only once we never found a parking spot and had to miss our reservation, but several of our friends have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014was looking for a table for 3 at 130 on a weekday, open table said nothing available until 230, we decided to shop until the table was ready. walked in at precisely 230 - place was dead. selection of wine by the glass was extremely limited.
- Local Colorgood2eatDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful ambiance in local historical building with nice outdoor dining in summer. Food is excellent and menu is varied.Special Features:
- casmegryaDined on 6/30/2014The atmosphere is delightful, the service attentive and food very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Food EverzachandsarahreviewsDined on 6/29/2014Unfortunately, the review I really want to leave can't be left due to a character limit. Service was great but food was awful. Fried Green Tomato's tasted like they had nacho cheese on top with an uninspired unseasoned shrimp on top. The scallops were drowned in an overly sweet honey sauce on a sweet potato pancake, something I would expect to see on a brunch menu. My mussels were not properly cooked and had soggy potato strings on top when they arrived and my husbands duck, while very tasty was again not cooked properly. Then served with bitter, not well cooked Brussels sprouts, which we happen to normally love. For all the hype, this was a huge disappointment. And I believe business must be down as the place was dead for a Sunday.
- evening out with friendsdaveyjDined on 6/29/2014Lightfoot has an interesting and very diverse menu from appetizer to dessert. The prices are reasonable for the high quality of the food. The only caution... wine prices are steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic with a TwiststardustedDined on 6/29/2014I came to Lightfoot for brunch on Sunday. It was my first time there. The building that Lighthouse is in is an old bank and absolutely beautiful. The only downside was that they kept the restaurant on the cold side. I ordered their grilled cheese with tomato and bacon which was delicious. The bread was perfectly toasted, there wasn't too much cheese so it didn't feel heavy. My entree came with a small tomato soup and caesar salad. The salad was pretty good, the soup was a bit on the salty side for me. Overall I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- Everything is GoodPackmanDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I have dined at The Lightfoot Restaurant twice and each time we have had an amazing experience. The food is some of the best we've ever had and the service is great. Its not the cheapest but its well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerVansterDined on 6/23/2014Our first meal in this attractive, convenient restaurant. The food was quite good with a varied menu. Excellent service. We enjoyed the décor of the converted bank and felt the atmosphere was nice for a special occasion. In addition, the location in historic Leesburg is nice for "strolling" after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please read below.DisappointedDined on 6/22/2014This was our second time at Lightfoot and a special occasion. We were so disappointed compared to the first time. The duck and the seafood with pasta were awful. Neither my daughter nor husband ate the food after they tasted it. I had salmon with mashed potato. The salmon was great but the mashed potato was watery and tasteless. We had the mini sundaes for dessert. The vanilla ice cream tasted like it came from the supermarket with Hershey's syrup on it. I did not realize that my daughter and husband thought the food was so bad. They were trying to be polite with me so they each said they had a headache. Our waiter smelled overwhelmingly of cigarette smoke. A lot of money for a bad experience!
- Always good2bdaygirlsDined on 6/21/2014We had lunch on a Saturday and the service and ambiance were great. The Frenchie plate, the grilled cheese of the day plate and an Asian salad with beef were all delicious. One diner ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and was a bit disappointed as it just was not up to the usual Lightfoot standards of bold flavor. The sweet potato fries with it were rather dry too. Another challenge with the sandwich was that it was too messy to eat with any kind of grace. On balance, we will be back and we really like the restaurant. The diner said he would order something more unique next time and was willing to try again. This, I think, is a tribute to what a good place it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GawlfaGalwfaDined on 6/20/2014Years ago, we had a reservation at Lightfoot for our wedding anniversary. When we got there, they had a power outage and the restaurant was closed for the night. --We ended up going to Morton's Steakhouse instead. Ever since then, we had wanted to try Lightfoot but never fit it into the schedule. Finally! Wife and I got to try Lightfoot this week. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was outstanding. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Had my sons graduation dinner. My 80 year old mother came into town. She is used to fine dining. PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.