11 North King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (703) 771-2233
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30am Cafe Menu-Open to Close Dinner Menu-5:30pm Daily Sunday Brunch, Outdoor Patio Weather Permitting Daily Lunch and Dinner Special Menus Valentines Eve, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ingrid Gustavson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise only.
- Private Party Facilities: The Restaurant is available for a complete facility buy out.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 7037712233x12
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights if a private party is not booked in the Piano Bar. Please call for a schedule.
- Special Events: Special Grand Buffets served Easter and Mother's Day. Special menu served on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Eve.
A word from Lightfoot Restaurant
Lightfoot Restaurant was named in honor of Loudon County hero and American Statesman Francis Lightfoot Lee, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Lightfoot offers local color steeped in history, imaginative cuisine that tastes as exquisite as it looks, and an ambiance that is captivating and uniquely elegant. Lightfoot serves Lunch and Dinner Daily. Fine Dining in the dining room and casual dining in our bar area. We also offer three private rooms for Corporate Functions, Weddings, and Private Parties. Please refer to our website www.lightfootrestaurant.com for the latest menus as well as our banquet package. Fine Dining - Signature EventsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lightfoot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Lightfoot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (92)fit for foodies (66)neighborhood gem (66)romantic (62)great for lunch (46)good for groups (43)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (23)great for outdoor dining (17)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Beautiful setting and very friendly staff.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014Loved the fried green tomatoes and crab cakes. Professional service. My only gripe was that the dessert menu was uninspired - ice cream of the day was vanilla!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!TomRycVIPDined on 11/21/2014We went here for the first time. It was great from the beginning to end. Ham/biscuit appetizer was super. Lobster bisque was excellent. My filet and crab cake was very good. My wife had an excellent salmon. The waiter was very attentive and pleasant. Would go back in a heartbeat....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot Restaurant ....A Must Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Any Leesburg visitor should include a lunch, brunch and/or dinner experience at the Lightfoot Resident which provides a convenient downtown location, an ambiance suitable for any special occasion and/romantic interlude, a hot spot for light lunch, and a short one at a customer friendly bar after work. All three dining experiences (lunch, brunch, dinner) offer a diversity of menu choices, desserts, and a notable wine list. Table side service and bar service is also customer friendly and top rated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Light foot reviewDinnerDined on 11/19/2014We ate a wonderful meal at the Lightfoot for our 26th wedding anniversary. The food and service were fantastic and the restaurant itself is a warm and enjoyable space. Our reservation was on a Wednesday evening and there were only a handful of other patrons there, which at first made the meal more private. We were surprised, however, when a party of three was seated directly next to us within arms reach, when there were so many open tables throughout the restaurant. They were seated so close, and their conversation so loud, that it interrupted our meal. When we go out for a special evening and are spending a good amount of money on a meal, we don't expect to be overhearing the personal or uncomfortable conversations of other seated less than a foot away. Especially with so many empty tables available in such a large space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit was a great experience.AldrinfriendsDined on 11/16/2014My first visit to Lightfoot with three friends was wonderful. The ambiance was warm and inviting, the service was attentive but not overbearing. The menu was creative and had enough choices to please everyone in our party. We loved the blueberry mimosas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot is wonderfulvacoachDined on 11/14/2014The food, service and ambiance was delightful. Wonderful restaurant for a romantic dinner or an evening with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must have been an off dayFrankDined on 11/11/2014We had a reservation but had to wait 10 minutes to be seated. We had heard good things about this restaurant and were disappointed in the food and the level of service. The restaurant is pricey, but the food was not up to the price levels. I had a flank steak salad and the meat was very chewy and the salad just seemed as though it wasn't fresh. I asked that they hold the bleu cheese and provide some other type of cheese. I found a slice of cheddar cheese buried under the lettuce. Not the substitution I was looking for. The French onion/wild mushroom soup was very good. The restaurant just didn't live up to our reasonable expectations.
- nice night outpsumel180Dined on 11/9/2014I had a long day of work and wanted to relax and spend some quality time with my husband. This was a nice place to be able to go and eat. The food was slightly overpriced but the staff was very friendly. It was difficult to find parking as the designated parking lot was full and there weren't a lot of street spots close by. The interior and atmosphere took me back to a grander time which I really liked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Sunday!ReunionDined on 11/9/2014Lightfoot is a special destination. Unique and special interior decor, good brunch choices made, great service! We thoroughly enjoyed our Sunday experience. Look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leesburg GemFoodie123Dined on 11/7/2014Worth the trip for those who do not live in Leesburg. Wonderful food, many tempting menu choices and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date nightKellyGDined on 11/6/2014We have been coming to Lightfoot before they moved into this fabulous location. The food, service and ambiance is a 12! We both had Sea Bass that was out of this world and the spagetti squash was like candy paired with the light flaky fish. MMMM I"m ready to go back again tonight!Special Features:
- 4bestfriendsDined on 11/3/2014Soups and desserts (pumkin brownie was rated the best) were very good, entree just ok. I would return again, but I would try other restaurants in the area first.Special Features:
- LightfootOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014The service was very good as well as were the soups. The main courses were good but I was hoping for a little more.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2014Excellent food and service, will be going back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealbradwDined on 10/27/2014Lightfoot is one of our favorite places. The "steak and cake" - filet and crab cake - was exceptional. I believe that Lightfoot has the best crab cake in the area.Special Features:
- AnniversaryGibGodwinDined on 10/25/2014As always, a class restaurant with superb food. Specials for the evening were top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Always the best dining in northern Va, exceptional presentation, service. And yes...always save room for the best desserts!Special Features:
- Excellent service and good food!TominatorDined on 10/24/2014Lightfoot is a great place to take someone for a special occasion! Beautiful design and decoration, excellent food! I had the Lobster Bisque and the Cornish Hen. I would recommend both!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot-historic LeesburgMiMoDined on 10/23/2014Good food-nice ambiance in a unique (old bank building) setting. Great service from Etiene! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot RestaurantfuudgrrlDined on 10/19/2014The food here is always interesting and good! It also changes seasonally. The setting is really unique too. It is in the town's old bank, and you can still see some of the remnants of the old vault. It is especially wonderful to be there at Christmas time because it is so beautifully decorated!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceBozworthDined on 10/18/2014Reservation was very easy using open table. Lightfoot confirmed my reservation the day before. Dining experience was wonderful and they all wished my wife a happy birthday. She enjoyed her birthday which made me happy. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks needed.PJayVIPDined on 10/12/2014The kitchen at Lightfoot is very decent, if somewhat uneven, and the ambiance of the remodeled bank is great. Honey ham biscuit appetizers are worth the trip all by themselves and the atomic crabcake is amazing. Servers are friendly and informative, though not overly attentive. The only real issue with this otherwise commendable establishment is the drinking scene. By-the-glass wines are the cheapest grocery store products available, the wine list itself is likewise, and the bar is lacking in top shelf brands (and could benefit from some decent mixologists behind the bar). So BYO wine and enjoy the food!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceTdineVIPDined on 10/12/2014Dining at Lightfoot last Sun, Oct 12 for my birthday celebration turned out to be a disappointment. The food quality and service didn’t live up to the experience I had earlier this year. The lobster bisque was lukewarm and runny. Our entrees were cold so when they were returned after being reheated the meat was dry. We spoke with the manager on duty and he apologized and brought us the menu. Afterwards, we watched our waiter pass us seven times without once asking if we wanted something else. My husband had to get up from the table and gather the manager and waiter to get the check. Lightfoot was definitely not worth the two hour round trip plus tolls only to return to DC to go to another restaurant for drinks and appetizers.
- Good lunch.LollieDined on 10/9/2014A favorite place for lunchtime conversation with a friend. Service is polite and unobtrusive. Appealing interior space, understated and lovely lighting. Allow extra time on arrival to find a parking place in downtown Leesburg. Parking lot behind the restaurant is small.Special Features:
- Favorite Anniversary spotSarahVIPDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I have been coming here for the past 8 years for our anniversaries. The food is fabulous, and it is romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise issueNumajoDined on 10/3/2014The noise level at Lightfoot is a real problem. Not sure anything can be done about that, though. Food was very good and the service was fine. The atmosphere is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatNOSFDined on 10/2/2014I have dined at Lightfoot many times over the past 2 years __ always superb service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage bank, updated classicsJillyjillVIPDined on 9/28/2014Lightfoot is a classic American-style restaurant set in a gorgeous, 1888 Leesburg bank. The historic style has been retained, but updated in a sophisticated, yet welcoming way--very nice! Similarly, the menu is full of recognizable favorites, but they have also been either updated or given a delicious twist. The brunch reuben was more flavorful than others I've had and I appreciated the wide selection of sides I could choose instead of traditional fries. My husband had a "French" brunch special and he said it was great. The bottomless mimosas and friendly bartender made it an even better visit. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back (esp for dinner) to try more Lightfoot dishes! A great choice for dining in Leesburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilDined on 9/27/2014Even though we put in the Open Table Reservation that we were celebrating our 46th Anniversary and wanted a more private seating, we arrived on time and had to wait for a table about 15 to 20 minutes. They didn't have a table reserved for us, and it was not more private as requested. Also, there was never an acknowledgement that it was our anniversary. Other than that, it was a great dining experience. First time there. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptynesters88Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary at Lightfoot. The service was great, food delicious and atmosphere romantic. We enjoyed it very much!Special Features:
- Hokie01VIPDined on 9/26/2014Our waiter (Fred?) was awesome. However the people at the hostess stand we're very rude and not helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerReviewsbyDDined on 9/25/2014We had an outstanding experience at Lightfoot. The staff was very courteous and genuine upon our arrival. We enjoyed drinks a bar, then seated shortly after for a outstanding meal. Everything was delicious. The wait staff very helpful and friendly. We will certainly return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptiousEquityDined on 9/22/2014Our meal was delicious! Everyone in our party had one of the specials of the evening. Portions were generous and, in particular, the lobster bisque was outstanding. We were not rushed by our outstanding waitress. Lovely evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More show than goEricVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our meal was a disappointment. The oysters on the fried oyster salad were of questionable freshness. The food was generally too rich. While the lobster bisque was very good with a lot of lobster chunks, I was shocked to see the $16.50 entry on my bill. That is the most expensive bowl of soup I have ever had, and I have eaten all over the world.
- LovelydiningDined on 9/21/2014Food was delicious and service very good. The wait staff overhead us talking about a celebration and on the ordered dessert there was a candle - this was not arranged so demonstrated customer Awareness! The cute part was they thought it was a birthday but it was a retirement !! Made it even nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice evening on patioNovaEaterDined on 9/18/2014the weather, food and service made for an enjoyable pre-concert experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious, service was good and an overall great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceFoodLover9Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent experience -- great atmosphere, outstanding service, and magnificent starters and entrees! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique decorPaulDined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. I mainly wanted to try it because of the architecture of an old bank. The food was excellent, the service was very good, and the prices about want you would expect. Music was playing, but it was at a level that conversation was easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining Experience5mightyGoldensDined on 9/14/2014This is the second time I have had the pleasure of dining at Lightfoot with both occasions a luncheon and I highly recommend the experience. I have dined with friends on one occasion and family on the second and both visits to Lightfoot were fabulous with the second experience as wonderful as the first. The menu has many interesting entrees to temp anyone from adults to children. Great selection and lunch is reasonably priced which is unexpected given the look and feel of the restaurant I would expect prices to be much higher. Thank you Lightfoot for a marvelous dining experience on both of my visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.