11 North King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037712233
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30am Cafe Menu-Open to Close Dinner Menu-5:30pm Daily Sunday Brunch, Outdoor Patio Weather Permitting Daily Lunch and Dinner Special Menus Valentines Eve, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ingrid Gustavson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise only.
- Private Party Facilities: The Restaurant is available for a complete facility buy out.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 7037712233x12
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights if a private party is not booked in the Piano Bar. Please call for a schedule.
- Special Events: Special Grand Buffets served Easter and Mother's Day. Special menu served on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Eve.
A word from Lightfoot Restaurant
Lightfoot Restaurant was named in honor of Loudon County hero and American Statesman Francis Lightfoot Lee, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Lightfoot offers local color steeped in history, imaginative cuisine that tastes as exquisite as it looks, and an ambiance that is captivating and uniquely elegant. Lightfoot serves Lunch and Dinner Daily. Fine Dining in the dining room and casual dining in our bar area. We also offer three private rooms for Corporate Functions, Weddings, and Private Parties. Please refer to our website www.lightfootrestaurant.com for the latest menus as well as our banquet package. Fine Dining - Signature EventsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lightfoot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Lightfoot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)romantic (84)fit for foodies (77)neighborhood gem (69)great for lunch (49)great for brunch (45)good for groups (39)great for outdoor dining (39)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was a great find and within walking to the small theatre we were visiting. Food, service and surroundings all very nice.Special Features:
- Heavy-handed LightfootBrunchloverVADined on 8/22/2014I was pleased to enter this handsome restaurant (with a reservation) at noon and find a light crowd: I hadn't seen my friend in years, and I couldn't wait to catch up. We were seated in a quiet corner, but I didn't notice the very large table next to us, which filled as we started lunch and became successively noisy, spoiling our dining experience. My fried clams were the largest I've ever seen: They looked like onion rings and were lukewarm, as were the oily, limp fries. The sauces accompanying the clams were delicious, though, and my friend's small salad was dressed perfectly. Service was extremely attentive. I would go back, keeping an eye out for large tables and ordering more carefully.Special Features:
- Lightfoot - Always a great visitDCVolDined on 8/17/2014Timeless surroundings, quietly efficient and prompt service, well-prepared meal, birthday celebration for a friend - perfect Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous RestaurantimnvaDined on 8/16/2014The building is absolutely beautiful! It was formerly a bank. The woodwork and moldings are fabulous. The food was delicious, with ample amounts. The service was great - there when you needed them. Overall, a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 8/15/2014THe specials are delicious. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBenTDined on 8/10/2014I was looking for someplace local that was little more on the fine dining scale for our wedding anniversary. After some searching I found Lightfoot and reviewing their menu I decided to make the reservation. I must say we were not at all disappointed, the ambiance was quite nice, the wait staff friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Then there was the food, absolutely amazing, one of the best steaks we have had anywhere. Truly an amazing experience and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Classy Dinner DatelightfootdinerDined on 8/8/2014Lightfoot is a high quality dining establishment. The atmosphere just exudes a fine dining experience ambiance. The food we got was amazing, both steaks. One filet mignon, and one New York strip. Both cooked excellently and served in a reasonable time. If the outdoor patio out back is open, I highly recommend it if there is comfortable weather. Nice and relaxing out there. The inside is great as well with lots of lavish seating and a well-stocked bar also. Been here many times, great experience every time.Special Features:
- SunshineDined on 8/7/2014Reserved a table for 6 for a lunch hour birthday celebration. The food, the service and the ambience on the back patio were excellent except that we found a short hair in one salad and a long hair in another. Our server reported this and we were given a free birthday dessert. Other than for hair in the food, it was a perfect experience.Special Features:
- Great food, okay serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The menu was excellent and the specials were great. We had the lobster bisque which was excellent and the coffee braised chicken. It was a fabulous experience with the exception of the waiter who was trash talking other staff members to another waiter right next to our table. We would have preferred more discretion from the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceNeverAgainDined on 8/2/2014Horrible service. My friend ordered her burger well done. The waiter advised that if she wanted it very well done he could just put a piece of charcoal between a bun and serve it to her and pointed out that ChickFila was down the street (not sure what he meant as they do not serve burgers) and she did understand the cow was dead. At first I thought he was kidding but no smile no expression at all. After that we waited about a hour for our meal during which he never bothered to check on refilling our drinks or to see if there was anything else we needed. I will never eat at the restaurant again. I also did mention this to the person who sat us to which he just looked at me and shook his head.
- Almost perfectkss1113Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, great place, great server BUT they didn't act on the reservation request to do something special for ny son and his wife's 5 year anniversary. That was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Salty risotto sank the shipTiggywinkleDined on 7/27/2014We went here to celebrate a birthday and for the most part enjoyed everything. Except for the salty risotto, which couldn't be replaced because the quotient for the evening had already been cooked. (!!!!) Ended up with an entree that wasn't what I wanted and no reduction on the bill. Which wasn't necessary, of course, but would've been a nice gesture. Service was lovely, though, and everyone else's meals were spot on. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014Lightfoot was a delight in all respects. And since Open Table requires a review of at least 50 characters in length, I'll say it again: Lightfoot was a delight in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you dine out long enough...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/23/2014you'll eventually get a long black hair in your food. I've been dining,recommending this place for yrs Dear friend treated me to lunch. About 10 min into meal, found sizable hair mixed in my lobster salad.I quietly looked for server, showed her. Plate remove, apologies made, asked what I wanted to order. I had lost my appetite, didn't want anything. I nibbled some of my friend's salad. Manager apologized. Sent complimentary order of fries, which I didn't want. Brought dessert menu, asked multiple times what they could bring me. We always have a small sundae for dessert, so ordered 2. On way home, asked her, and yes, she was charged for both.SERIOUSLY? Was floored. So stupid on their part. Lost TWO loyal customers over price of a sundae.
- Enjoyable EveningbirthdaydinnerDined on 7/19/2014We had a wonderful evening at Lightfoot. Service was fabulous (wish I could remember the gentleman's name). He was efficient, knowledgeable, and responsive. The food was delicious. Came out hot and tasted delicious.Special Features:
- Always a great experienceItsfiveoclocksomewhereDined on 7/18/2014We visit on special occasions. It was as good as always. Well informed server, very clean restaurant, excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, a bit loudJerseyrrtDined on 7/18/2014Great food and excellent service. All the courses wre served with great presentation, were creative and most importantly tasted great. Service was freindly, professional and very attentive. An energetic bar scene and poor acoustics make for a rather noisy ambience. Difficult to sustain conversation without raising your voice to be heard over the din. Great for a lively evening out. If you are looking for a quiet dinning experince, this may not be the best choice on a busy evening. Look forward to next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roddersDined on 7/12/2014fabulous as usual; casual elegance as the website describes it. favorite restaurant in LeesburgSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot 7/12/14VIRGINIANDined on 7/12/2014I made reservations for lunch this past Sat. The food was spectacular, but the waiter...was charming, but not too attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always overall very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We had another great dinner last Friday night, the drinks and food were excellent. We couldn't indulge in the dessert this time as the salad, bread, and meal were more than enough - just stuffed. Aside from the food, this is one of favorite places as not many restaurant bars make strawberry daiquiris anymore, which is my wife's favorite drink. I would caution that parking is a bear in Leesburg. We live in the southeast corner of town, so we really can't walk. So come early to get a parking spot in the garage if not drive around for street parking and may end up parking a few blocks away. Only once we never found a parking spot and had to miss our reservation, but several of our friends have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014was looking for a table for 3 at 130 on a weekday, open table said nothing available until 230, we decided to shop until the table was ready. walked in at precisely 230 - place was dead. selection of wine by the glass was extremely limited.
- Local Colorgood2eatDined on 7/1/2014Wonderful ambiance in local historical building with nice outdoor dining in summer. Food is excellent and menu is varied.Special Features:
- casmegryaDined on 6/30/2014The atmosphere is delightful, the service attentive and food very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Food EverzachandsarahreviewsDined on 6/29/2014Unfortunately, the review I really want to leave can't be left due to a character limit. Service was great but food was awful. Fried Green Tomato's tasted like they had nacho cheese on top with an uninspired unseasoned shrimp on top. The scallops were drowned in an overly sweet honey sauce on a sweet potato pancake, something I would expect to see on a brunch menu. My mussels were not properly cooked and had soggy potato strings on top when they arrived and my husbands duck, while very tasty was again not cooked properly. Then served with bitter, not well cooked Brussels sprouts, which we happen to normally love. For all the hype, this was a huge disappointment. And I believe business must be down as the place was dead for a Sunday.
- evening out with friendsdaveyjDined on 6/29/2014Lightfoot has an interesting and very diverse menu from appetizer to dessert. The prices are reasonable for the high quality of the food. The only caution... wine prices are steep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic with a TwiststardustedDined on 6/29/2014I came to Lightfoot for brunch on Sunday. It was my first time there. The building that Lighthouse is in is an old bank and absolutely beautiful. The only downside was that they kept the restaurant on the cold side. I ordered their grilled cheese with tomato and bacon which was delicious. The bread was perfectly toasted, there wasn't too much cheese so it didn't feel heavy. My entree came with a small tomato soup and caesar salad. The salad was pretty good, the soup was a bit on the salty side for me. Overall I enjoyed my meal.Special Features:
- Everything is GoodPackmanDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I have dined at The Lightfoot Restaurant twice and each time we have had an amazing experience. The food is some of the best we've ever had and the service is great. Its not the cheapest but its well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerVansterDined on 6/23/2014Our first meal in this attractive, convenient restaurant. The food was quite good with a varied menu. Excellent service. We enjoyed the décor of the converted bank and felt the atmosphere was nice for a special occasion. In addition, the location in historic Leesburg is nice for "strolling" after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Please read below.DisappointedDined on 6/22/2014This was our second time at Lightfoot and a special occasion. We were so disappointed compared to the first time. The duck and the seafood with pasta were awful. Neither my daughter nor husband ate the food after they tasted it. I had salmon with mashed potato. The salmon was great but the mashed potato was watery and tasteless. We had the mini sundaes for dessert. The vanilla ice cream tasted like it came from the supermarket with Hershey's syrup on it. I did not realize that my daughter and husband thought the food was so bad. They were trying to be polite with me so they each said they had a headache. Our waiter smelled overwhelmingly of cigarette smoke. A lot of money for a bad experience!
- Always good2bdaygirlsDined on 6/21/2014We had lunch on a Saturday and the service and ambiance were great. The Frenchie plate, the grilled cheese of the day plate and an Asian salad with beef were all delicious. One diner ordered the grilled chicken sandwich and was a bit disappointed as it just was not up to the usual Lightfoot standards of bold flavor. The sweet potato fries with it were rather dry too. Another challenge with the sandwich was that it was too messy to eat with any kind of grace. On balance, we will be back and we really like the restaurant. The diner said he would order something more unique next time and was willing to try again. This, I think, is a tribute to what a good place it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GawlfaGalwfaDined on 6/20/2014Years ago, we had a reservation at Lightfoot for our wedding anniversary. When we got there, they had a power outage and the restaurant was closed for the night. --We ended up going to Morton's Steakhouse instead. Ever since then, we had wanted to try Lightfoot but never fit it into the schedule. Finally! Wife and I got to try Lightfoot this week. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals. Service was outstanding. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Had my sons graduation dinner. My 80 year old mother came into town. She is used to fine dining. PerfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner out at LightfootRockDined on 6/15/2014Decided to celebrate my daughter's high school graduation at Lightfoot. As usual we were very pleased with all of our selections including: seasonal berry salad, lobster bisque, "Swedish Salmon", Steak and Cake, and the ever-popular Peanut Butter Torte, among other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food OK, service a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/15/2014We ate at Lightfoot for Father's Day. I was surprised that the menu was so limited: mostly sandwiches and salads. The "Lunch Specials" menu is very hard to read, needs some design work. I did order fish and chips, the chips were unusual and great, the fish was tasteless and the batter was soggy. Dessert Sundae was bland. I supposed I was expecting higher end options from a restaurant that was a little more expensive.Service was efficient (order taken/served accurately without the waiter taking notes) but a little slow as if they didn't have enough staff. Father's Day is going to be busy.
- Back again!LGIIIDined on 6/15/2014We returned to Lightfoot for Father's Day 2014 after dining here for the first time on Mother's Day 2014. We loved it so much the first time we came that we decided to return. it is the perfect location for a special lunch or dinner- the food is always delicious and there's a great wine list. The fried green tomatoes with shrimp appetizer is AMAZING! The service is always very vibrant and friendly and they make the experience that much better. We will definitely return next year, at the very least to celebrate Mother's Day again.Special Features:
- Great Building with great foodSusanDined on 6/13/2014I fell in love with the restaurant itself, situated in an old bank but redone very nicely. the central bar is gorgeous and the bar tender tried hard to replicate a drink I like. The food selection was diverse and interesting and well prepared. The fish dishes were very good and the salad served nicely with just the right amount of dressing. The dessert menu looked great, but we were pleasently stuffed after our meal so didn't push it.Special Features:
- NernceDined on 6/13/2014I had the shrimp and lobster pasta, it was very good with lots of chunks of lobster and some good size shrimp. My husband had the duck breast which he said was good, and my sister had the crab cake which she said was fantastic! I love the surroundings at Lightfoot and how they've kept the original look of the bank. I also recently had brunch at Lightfoot, the food was great and their dining area outside is lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make sure Tim is not your waiter.3LadiesoutforlunchDined on 6/13/2014Nice place Awful service don't let the bartender be your waiter, don't use a credit card
- Solid restaurantFoodFanDined on 6/11/2014Food good and consistent, soups notable. Restaurant has made the most out of its location in an old bank building with wood paneling, high ceilings and massive vault doors. Parking in the rear is hassle free if you get their at the start of the lunch service and the walk from the back door affords a view of a well-ordered kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGFDinerDined on 6/8/2014We have dined at Lightfoot on several occasions. On previous occasions we visited for brunch. Normally the both the food and service are good. On our most recent visit we were rather disappointed with their drink offerings. My wife ordered a Mimosa which consisted of less than half a small glass (for $8 dollars). Mentioned this to the concierge on the way out. She appeared to be uninterested. Be sure to check the menu carefully.Special Features: