11 North King Street
Leesburg, VA 20176Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightfootrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7037712233
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily at 11:30am Cafe Menu-Open to Close Dinner Menu-5:30pm Daily Sunday Brunch, Outdoor Patio Weather Permitting Daily Lunch and Dinner Special Menus Valentines Eve, Easter, Mother's Day, New Year's Eve
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Ingrid Gustavson
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On premise only.
- Private Party Facilities: The Restaurant is available for a complete facility buy out.
- Private Party Contact: Carrie 7037712233x12
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights if a private party is not booked in the Piano Bar. Please call for a schedule.
- Special Events: Special Grand Buffets served Easter and Mother's Day. Special menu served on New Year's Eve and Valentine's Eve.
A word from Lightfoot Restaurant
Lightfoot Restaurant was named in honor of Loudon County hero and American Statesman Francis Lightfoot Lee, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. Lightfoot offers local color steeped in history, imaginative cuisine that tastes as exquisite as it looks, and an ambiance that is captivating and uniquely elegant. Lightfoot serves Lunch and Dinner Daily. Fine Dining in the dining room and casual dining in our bar area. We also offer three private rooms for Corporate Functions, Weddings, and Private Parties. Please refer to our website www.lightfootrestaurant.com for the latest menus as well as our banquet package. Fine Dining - Signature EventsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Lightfoot Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Leesburg ›
Lightfoot Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)romantic (69)neighborhood gem (69)fit for foodies (65)great for lunch (43)good for groups (40)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (24)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great lunch spot-historic LeesburgMiMoDined on 10/23/2014Good food-nice ambiance in a unique (old bank building) setting. Great service from Etiene! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lightfoot RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food here is always interesting and good! It also changes seasonally. The setting is really unique too. It is in the town's old bank, and you can still see some of the remnants of the old vault. It is especially wonderful to be there at Christmas time because it is so beautifully decorated!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceBozworthDined on 10/18/2014Reservation was very easy using open table. Lightfoot confirmed my reservation the day before. Dining experience was wonderful and they all wished my wife a happy birthday. She enjoyed her birthday which made me happy. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks needed.PJayVIPDined on 10/12/2014The kitchen at Lightfoot is very decent, if somewhat uneven, and the ambiance of the remodeled bank is great. Honey ham biscuit appetizers are worth the trip all by themselves and the atomic crabcake is amazing. Servers are friendly and informative, though not overly attentive. The only real issue with this otherwise commendable establishment is the drinking scene. By-the-glass wines are the cheapest grocery store products available, the wine list itself is likewise, and the bar is lacking in top shelf brands (and could benefit from some decent mixologists behind the bar). So BYO wine and enjoy the food!Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceTdineVIPDined on 10/12/2014Dining at Lightfoot last Sun, Oct 12 for my birthday celebration turned out to be a disappointment. The food quality and service didn’t live up to the experience I had earlier this year. The lobster bisque was lukewarm and runny. Our entrees were cold so when they were returned after being reheated the meat was dry. We spoke with the manager on duty and he apologized and brought us the menu. Afterwards, we watched our waiter pass us seven times without once asking if we wanted something else. My husband had to get up from the table and gather the manager and waiter to get the check. Lightfoot was definitely not worth the two hour round trip plus tolls only to return to DC to go to another restaurant for drinks and appetizers.
- Good lunch.LollieDined on 10/9/2014A favorite place for lunchtime conversation with a friend. Service is polite and unobtrusive. Appealing interior space, understated and lovely lighting. Allow extra time on arrival to find a parking place in downtown Leesburg. Parking lot behind the restaurant is small.Special Features:
- Favorite Anniversary spotSarahDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I have been coming here for the past 8 years for our anniversaries. The food is fabulous, and it is romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise issueNumajoDined on 10/3/2014The noise level at Lightfoot is a real problem. Not sure anything can be done about that, though. Food was very good and the service was fine. The atmosphere is charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatNOSFDined on 10/2/2014I have dined at Lightfoot many times over the past 2 years __ always superb service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vintage bank, updated classicsJillyjillVIPDined on 9/28/2014Lightfoot is a classic American-style restaurant set in a gorgeous, 1888 Leesburg bank. The historic style has been retained, but updated in a sophisticated, yet welcoming way--very nice! Similarly, the menu is full of recognizable favorites, but they have also been either updated or given a delicious twist. The brunch reuben was more flavorful than others I've had and I appreciated the wide selection of sides I could choose instead of traditional fries. My husband had a "French" brunch special and he said it was great. The bottomless mimosas and friendly bartender made it an even better visit. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will be back (esp for dinner) to try more Lightfoot dishes! A great choice for dining in Leesburg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhilDined on 9/27/2014Even though we put in the Open Table Reservation that we were celebrating our 46th Anniversary and wanted a more private seating, we arrived on time and had to wait for a table about 15 to 20 minutes. They didn't have a table reserved for us, and it was not more private as requested. Also, there was never an acknowledgement that it was our anniversary. Other than that, it was a great dining experience. First time there. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emptynesters88Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 26th anniversary at Lightfoot. The service was great, food delicious and atmosphere romantic. We enjoyed it very much!Special Features:
- Hokie01VIPDined on 9/26/2014Our waiter (Fred?) was awesome. However the people at the hostess stand we're very rude and not helpful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerReviewsbyDDined on 9/25/2014We had an outstanding experience at Lightfoot. The staff was very courteous and genuine upon our arrival. We enjoyed drinks a bar, then seated shortly after for a outstanding meal. Everything was delicious. The wait staff very helpful and friendly. We will certainly return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scrumptiousEquityDined on 9/22/2014Our meal was delicious! Everyone in our party had one of the specials of the evening. Portions were generous and, in particular, the lobster bisque was outstanding. We were not rushed by our outstanding waitress. Lovely evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More show than goEricVIPDined on 9/21/2014Our meal was a disappointment. The oysters on the fried oyster salad were of questionable freshness. The food was generally too rich. While the lobster bisque was very good with a lot of lobster chunks, I was shocked to see the $16.50 entry on my bill. That is the most expensive bowl of soup I have ever had, and I have eaten all over the world.
- LovelydiningDined on 9/21/2014Food was delicious and service very good. The wait staff overhead us talking about a celebration and on the ordered dessert there was a candle - this was not arranged so demonstrated customer Awareness! The cute part was they thought it was a birthday but it was a retirement !! Made it even nicer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice evening on patioNovaEaterDined on 9/18/2014the weather, food and service made for an enjoyable pre-concert experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food was delicious, service was good and an overall great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceFoodLover9Dined on 9/14/2014Excellent experience -- great atmosphere, outstanding service, and magnificent starters and entrees! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique decorPaulDined on 9/14/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. I mainly wanted to try it because of the architecture of an old bank. The food was excellent, the service was very good, and the prices about want you would expect. Music was playing, but it was at a level that conversation was easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining Experience5mightyGoldensDined on 9/14/2014This is the second time I have had the pleasure of dining at Lightfoot with both occasions a luncheon and I highly recommend the experience. I have dined with friends on one occasion and family on the second and both visits to Lightfoot were fabulous with the second experience as wonderful as the first. The menu has many interesting entrees to temp anyone from adults to children. Great selection and lunch is reasonably priced which is unexpected given the look and feel of the restaurant I would expect prices to be much higher. Thank you Lightfoot for a marvelous dining experience on both of my visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just AdequatedddtravelDined on 9/13/2014Having eaten here before several years ago, I was looking forward to returning. Unfortunately, I was quite disappointed. The Ham Biscuits were heavy and doughy, the Friend Green Tomatoes were very ordinary, and the Steak Salad contained greens that were wilted and bitter, indicating that they were near the end of their shelf life. Too many other good restaurants in the area, so despite the fabulous ambiance in this historic bank, I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Great place!DiRichMDined on 9/13/2014Our visit to Lightfoot was excellent, ambience, service, quiet enough to talk, and food/drink was awesome! Soup, appetizer, entrees, and dessert was superb! Drinks were great as well! We look forward to returning! We are telling everyone to go to Lightfoot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantGPeckDined on 9/10/2014Overall exceeded expectations. This was our first visit. Everyone enjoyed their food and the wine list is extensive. Lovely ambiance and a nice variety of menu items and specials. Service was very good and we are planning to return. Our party enjoyed the Pork Shank, Crab Cakes and NY Strip.Special Features:
- Birthday Sunday Brunch10isluvrDined on 9/7/2014We visited Lightfoot to celebrate my mother's birthday for brunch on Sunday. We ordered off the special brunch menu and everything was fantastic. We ordered appetizers (peking duck quesadilla, crab dip, crap, soup), main dishes (big bowl of grits, shrimp po boy, chesapeake eggs benedict and gyro) and we also enjoyed dessert. Everything was wonderful and we had plenty of time to visit. Service was very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed and quiet which was helpful since my parents have hearing issues.Special Features:
- Creative menu; food disappointingRex13826Dined on 9/4/2014I had the featured rock fish over andouille sausage and black bean rice. The fish was over cooked and it was evident that the rock fish was frozen (not fresh) at some point. The andouille sausage was not made in the tradition method and the black beans and rice were over cooked. As a $32 menu item, the dish was disappointing. My appetizer, the Maryland crab bisque was good. Service was attentive and efficient.
- GenreviewGenreviewDined on 9/2/2014Great food. Waiter was extremely knowledgeable about the menu items. Very impressive. Bar Tender equally good. believe his name was Art. One item I found a little strange was I could not order a glass of Merlot. Had to be a bottle. I would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionspslivesfortodayDined on 8/31/2014Food, service, and atmosphere were great. They were able to get all the details right for my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my first and dnot my lastannak12Dined on 8/30/2014What can I say the manu is always changing, so no matter how many time you come back there are always wonderful new dishes to try. Services is friendly and prompt. Love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor, service; food was goodRoadNotTakenDined on 8/30/2014Went for my parents' anniversary. Very enjoyable visit. Food was tasty (FYI - tomato soup is a bit spicy). Server did an excellent job. Love the bank-vault touches and other decor. Everything about the interior was great except for the booths - it was very hard to get in and out around the corner of the booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebsDined on 8/30/2014A great place to share delicious food with friends and family. The special atmosphere and food is one to remember and will have you looking forward to your next event at Lightfoot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014This was a great find and within walking to the small theatre we were visiting. Food, service and surroundings all very nice.Special Features:
- great dinner out with friendsBethDined on 8/23/2014I always love going to Lightfoot - it is a beautiful building with delicious food. However, I do have some concerns - I wish they would update their menu - it seems like the same entrees all year long. I love seafood options when I dine. At Lightfoot, there are typically only 2 choices on the menu (Shrimp & grits & Salmon). I ordered a special (Swordfish), but it is definitely not my fave fish by far. Two of us had the Lobster Bisque, which was very good - but, quite pricey at $16.50/bowl. Our bill for 4 of us (including 2 mixed drinks & a bottle of wine) was $289. The meal was good, the wine was good, the service was good, but the prices at Lightfoot seem to keep creeping higher.Special Features:
- Heavy-handed LightfootBrunchloverVADined on 8/22/2014I was pleased to enter this handsome restaurant (with a reservation) at noon and find a light crowd: I hadn't seen my friend in years, and I couldn't wait to catch up. We were seated in a quiet corner, but I didn't notice the very large table next to us, which filled as we started lunch and became successively noisy, spoiling our dining experience. My fried clams were the largest I've ever seen: They looked like onion rings and were lukewarm, as were the oily, limp fries. The sauces accompanying the clams were delicious, though, and my friend's small salad was dressed perfectly. Service was extremely attentive. I would go back, keeping an eye out for large tables and ordering more carefully.Special Features:
- Lightfoot - Always a great visitDCVolDined on 8/17/2014Timeless surroundings, quietly efficient and prompt service, well-prepared meal, birthday celebration for a friend - perfect Sunday afternoon.Special Features:
- Gorgeous RestaurantimnvaDined on 8/16/2014The building is absolutely beautiful! It was formerly a bank. The woodwork and moldings are fabulous. The food was delicious, with ample amounts. The service was great - there when you needed them. Overall, a fabulous meal.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 8/15/2014THe specials are delicious. The wait staff is friendly and knowledgable. Wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerBenTDined on 8/10/2014I was looking for someplace local that was little more on the fine dining scale for our wedding anniversary. After some searching I found Lightfoot and reviewing their menu I decided to make the reservation. I must say we were not at all disappointed, the ambiance was quite nice, the wait staff friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. Then there was the food, absolutely amazing, one of the best steaks we have had anywhere. Truly an amazing experience and we will be back again.Special Features:
- Classy Dinner DatelightfootdinerDined on 8/8/2014Lightfoot is a high quality dining establishment. The atmosphere just exudes a fine dining experience ambiance. The food we got was amazing, both steaks. One filet mignon, and one New York strip. Both cooked excellently and served in a reasonable time. If the outdoor patio out back is open, I highly recommend it if there is comfortable weather. Nice and relaxing out there. The inside is great as well with lots of lavish seating and a well-stocked bar also. Been here many times, great experience every time.Special Features: