2801 Bridge Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lightbistro.com/
- Phone: 2167717130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:30pm Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm Saturday: 12:00noon - 4:30pm Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 2:30 - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Matthew Mathlage
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Light Bistro offers complete off site catering services for up to 200 guests. Please call the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Light Bistro has two private rooms available to meet your dining needs. Seating for one to 20 guests is available on the first floor. An upstairs room can accommodate up to 50 guests. Audio/visual equipment and valet services are also available for your event upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Mathlage 2167717130
- Special Events: Light Bistro has two private rooms. Great for groups up to 75 people. Call us for details at 216-771-7130.
A word from Light Bistro
Located in the historic Ohio City Neighborhood in Cleveland's near west side.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Light Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for outdoor dining (5)notable wine list (4)fit for foodies (4)romantic (4)good for groups (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Excellent food and servicebicyclegal270Dined on 6/25/2014I have dined at Light Bistro several times and always enjoy the experience. The food is excellent. There is a nice variety of interesting choices on their menu. If you dine there, make sure you order the soup special. I've always been impressed with their soups. The service is always excellent as well. Very friendly staff, well versed in the menu and attentive. I drink a lot of water and never have to ask for refills since they always make sure your water glass is full.Special Features:
- Great bar, friendly staffMumzie1039Dined on 6/23/2014We tried the fried green tomatoes BLT and the Cuban sandwich, both delicious. Our server, Duncan, was very attentive and helpful. We liked the cosy atmosphere of a corner cafe in an rehabed older building in Ohio City. We'd try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's all the people?kmo1Dined on 6/21/2014We were a party of five and ate outside on the patio. The service was very good and the food was good but the restaurant was almost empty. People need to check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 453 reviews are from the Light Bistro reviews archive.
- Poor PlanningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/10/2014Service was a bit slow, but most annoying was that they did not have 2 of the 7 entrees on the menu. Chicken was out of stock, and then once the pork chops were ordered, the waiter returned to inform us that they just ran out of them. How do you run out of food? That is very poor planning. Food was okay, but the whole experience was a complete letdown.
- did not exceed expectationcolobokDined on 4/26/20146 of us came for diner Sat. alcohol, wine and food prices are unreasonably high. food was very average considering its cost. did not try pizza which many customers seemed prefer. won't come back.
- tsladDined on 4/26/2014Stopped early on Saturday. Our group had 5-6 tapas which were good. Disappointed in the bacon wrapped figs in that the figs were enow cut in half so you received a smaller serving. After ordering our first drink the waitress never returned to ask if we wanted anotherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitor!LarrySDined on 4/10/2014My first time at Light Bistro was fantastic!! I ordered the house cured olives, the shrimp, and the pork - all from the tapas menu - and all fantastic!. My wife ordered a fried chicken dinner that was great. I also ordered a drink called a Sazerac which had its beginnings in New Orleans. The bartender made it perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, wonderful foodohfoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2014My dinner at light bistro was wonderful, the staff was attentive, which can be rare for a party of females all under the age of 25. The food was great, it came quickly but we didn't feel rushed. The stuffed eggplant appetizer was delicious and not too heavy. My only complaint was the "pulled chicken" sandwich wasn't really pulled chicken and instead was just chicken breast cut up a few times, making it hard to bite into. However this was totally redeemed by the amazing chocolate gâteau cake, which was the most perfect warm, melted lava cake. Overall, reservations were nice but weren't needed because the weather kept many people at home the saturday evening we visited. I would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Overall a disappointing experience for what I'd hoped to be a nice night out. The menu is awkward - they call it tapas but few small plate options. The ones we tried were not great. I was hoping for more spanish influence in the tapas. The waiter was awkward. He charged us for the wrong bottle of wine and then acted like it was our fault. One of our three entrees was good (the scallops). The other 2 were not great. There are definitely better wine, food, ambiance and service options at this price level in Cleveland. It's not awful but I would never choose to go here again b/c there are better options.
- OutstandingCLEfoodfanDined on 3/21/2014Outstanding experience. Food here is always exceptional! Well worth trying out if you haven't been here. I regularly eat at top end restaurants around Cleveland, and this is up there with any other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice quiet dinnerAmazingDined on 3/15/2014Went early on a Saturday night. Restaurant was quiet. All of our courses were good- probably the best clam chowder I have ever had! My wife chose a chopped salad and had the lamb meatball appetizer for her entrée. Both were excellent. I chose the perch fish and chips. Nice portion size but not overly generous. Unfortunately, the perch was quite a bit overcooked. Of the three pieces, the smallest one was quite dry. The other two were dry but edible as they were a bit bigger and thicker. Unfortunate, as the meal was otherwise excellent and tasty. Good tartar sauce. I left full anyway but would have been happier with the fish less well done. We dine here often and this is the first time I was less than overjoyed with our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place :)chickdeeDined on 3/14/2014While I wouldn't go as far as to say the food was outstanding, it was good. The menu was interesting and had a variety of options. The service was responsive and pleasant. I would recommend thi s to people who are looking for a nice, casual place to have a dinner out. I don't know much a about wine, but the list is extensive and there is a wine display.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overall experiencecasebeauDined on 2/19/2014Very ltd menu but high quality food. Great interior, very attentive staff, very quiet but may have just been an off night. 2 of us dined...we ordered enough for 4. But that just about cashed us out in selections AND $. Not a cheap eat but nice & food was high quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong here...MugafuJrDined on 2/14/2014Light Bistro is a great/relaxing place to share good conversation with well prepared food and wine. Service was outstanding! Food tasted great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas stand outPablookaDined on 2/8/2014Moderately energetic crowd and atmosphere make it easy to relax. Great place for Tapas and cocktails. The menu offers entrees that are less interesting though. Service is perfect and cappuccinos are the best ever.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcoming and knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2014Welcoming and knowledgeable staff, good food and soup served piping hot as it should be. Interior is a mix of rustic and modern. The use of copper provides a welcoming setting.Special Features:
- Great variety of dishes andDCdinesDined on 2/8/2014Great variety of dishes and the Tapas menu allows you to enjoy multiple tastes without feeling stuffed. Loved the Braised Pork Belly, Tempura Perch and Scallops - we were not fans of the Laughing Shrimp. This is the second time we've dined at Light Bistro and the service was great both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a very comfortable andBrownsFanBillDined on 2/7/2014Just a very comfortable and will planned layout - menu, décor, staff, and wine offerings all very nice and if you have a party of 2 or 14 you will get a memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experience and deliciousLaudee46VIPDined on 2/6/2014Even though I have worked at Lutheran hospital for the last twenty years, I have never been to this restaurant until this visit. I loved the ambience and the food was excellent! I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad To Have Gone BackstamandVIPDined on 2/1/2014We chose the restaurant based on what Open Table had available close to home and for the last minute time slot available. Sorry to say it had been over a year since our last visit but we won't wait that long to go back. We enjoyed the Yukon Gold Potato and Lamb Meatball appetizers. I had the pizza and managed to take over half of it home because I was full from appetizers. The wine list is being changed and were out of initial requests but the manager opened up two similar bottles of wine so we could taste them before making a decision. Helen was our server who was pleasant and the bussers and other staff members were efficient and pleasant.Special Features:
- Great food, wine, bartenderKarenBDined on 1/22/2014Joey was warm, welcoming, and knowledgable. He shared specials, explained the various tapas, and suggested a fabulous wine. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingEmilyDDined on 1/18/2014I made reservations with two friends to go on a Saturday night. It was not busy, but our server was pretty neglectful. We were there for 1.5 hours and she didtn ask us if we wanted a drink re-fill until she brought our entrees, even though our wine glasses were empty by the time our appetizers came out! She brought bread out the same time as our appetizers. While she was blantantly ignoring us for a good part of the night, she was being overly attentative to the couple next to our table. I think because we were 3 women in our 20s she thought we wouldnt tip. I ordered a burger. It was way over cooked. The egg on top was also overcooked. I won't be back, but the rest of the food was delicious!Special Features:
- First of Many ....the109Dined on 1/10/2014I was supposed to surprise her - Was a great surprise for us both. Was one of the better dinning experiences I have had in recent months. Superior food and service makes the Light Bistro an up and comer in the Ohio City food scene. From the moment I walked in I felt right at home and left planning our next trip.. One of the very best servings of tortilla soup I have ever had, the main course was prepared to my exact specification and ended with a fabulous pear and berry crisp! For the lady perfect fish and sweet potatoes!!!Special Features:
- A nice lunch outingosumeg303Dined on 12/31/2013This is the first time I have been to Light for lunch. The menu is primarily sandwiches, burgers and a few salads. It was a smaller menu selection but everything was prepared very well. The service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MaryDVIPDined on 12/21/2013Great food, awesome service and some really nice wine. One Of my favorite places in CLE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentDisappointedVIPDined on 12/7/2013Every visit to Light Bistro is great. Good food, good drinks and good service. Staff is always attentive. Nice cozy place on a cold winter nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Play nightBonnyDined on 12/7/2013Go to a broadway play and then relax at Light Bistro. Friendly. -- Relaxing. -- great food. The wait staff makes it a joy.Special Features:
- First Experience with Open TabledaydreamdreDined on 12/6/2013I really like the location. The food tasted good, but not extraordinary (I ordered Filet). Presentation of the entrée was visually appealing, but at the same time very simple. I didn't taste any of the wine or mixed drinks, so I cannot comment on that subject. The display of sugars/cream for coffee was wonderful. The efficiency of that display leads me to believe that perhaps this restaurant (or the chef, owner, manager) may be better suited to serve breakfast foods and/or brunch in opposition to preparing meals for dinner time. I definitely will not recommend Light Bistro to a friend who wishes to eat a delicious Filet for dinner, within a private setting, to be served by fine dinning professionals.Special Features:
- Light Bistro is lovely67MAVDined on 12/2/2013I took a dear friend to Light Bistro to celebrate her milestone birthday. The food was wonderful, our server was knowledgeable about both the wine list as well as the food offerings available. We were able to spend time talking never feeling rushed. Our entrees (scallops and pizza) hit the spot and met expectations. Definitely a dining destination for me in Ohio City. It is where you can go to have a lovely, affordable meal without some of the challenges found at other establishments in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not go backBengDined on 11/30/2013Pathetic food was awful, the service ok and was very expensive
- amazing tapaskell5555Dined on 11/29/2013We had a wonderful time with a group of 6. Great service- amazing tapas and pizzas! A definite repeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the troubleLizBDined on 11/29/2013Dined here 11/29. So cold we had to keep coats on. Noisy; we had trouble hearing server and he had trouble hearing us. Service was adequate but not particularly attentive. We ordered 4 entrees, no apps, soups or salads. Caramelized Scallops / Smoked Trout / Spinach / Corn Veloute was the best, but was a tapas-sized serving at dinner price; scallop serving might have been fine with larger servings of sides. Cleveland Fried Chicken / Sweet Onion Mash / Country Style Green Beans: sides were tasty, but small. Chicken coating was leaden and underseasoned. Kobe classic burger was indistinguishable from ordinary ground beef, with underseasoned nondescript shoestring fries. Marinara pizza with lamb meatballs was undistinguished. Won't return.
- The food was terrible andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013The food was terrible and we were very disappointed. I would not recommend this restaurant.
- Okay experienceJaniceDined on 11/14/2013Went with a friend for restaurant week. Food was good-we both got flank steak and it was cooked perfectly according to our ordered. Waitress was friendly but not exceptionally. I guess I was expecting a more formal atmosphere. The first thing you see when you enter is the bar, and it just looks run down. The private dining room in the back is nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have not been to LightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/9/2013We have not been to Light Bistro in several years, and we are sorry it has taken so long. What a delightful evening. Lance was attentive to our every need, including my wife's dietary restrictions. Manager Carl sat with us to be sure her menu selections were both to her liking and her allergy needs. Very accommodating and professional. All that is good, but it is the food that will have us coming back. The pecan crusted trout was delightfully prepared with just the right accompaniments, and the grilled flat iron steak was delicious, tender and flavorful. The pumpkin creme brûlée was scrumptious, and not overpowering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are big fans of Light BistroSteverVIPDined on 11/5/2013We are big fans of Light Bistro and love dining there. Friendly staff and wonderful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartender & Food!osumeg303Dined on 10/5/2013Had a great time celebrating my boyfriend's birthday. The service and food were excellent. The bartender was very personable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good except for the noise leveJulianDined on 9/28/2013We enjoyed the food and service. We did not enjoy the noise level. We don't recall that the noise level was so high when the place was Parker's but Saturday night was difficult to have a conversation until quite late. Part of the problem is that the room we were in was not designed to quiet background noise- the walls etc were very reflective. We suggest that the owners check out what can be done to adjust the acoustics. Otherwise we had a good time.Special Features:
- I Love This PlaceJazzmanDined on 9/28/2013This is one of my favorite restaurant in Ohio City, in an area replete with excellent restaurants. For lunch, the fried green tomato BLT is the best sandwich I have ever had anywhere. I 'be been there a couple of times for dinner, and on this last visit, I ordered a bone-in ribeye medium rare. In an era where medium rare often means medium well, I was astonished and delighted to find my steak PERFECTLY done. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough. It often gets lost in the shadows if it's more talked about neighbors, but for those in the know, this place ranks with them all.Special Features:
- Excellent FoodBubbaVIPDined on 9/21/2013Without question, the food on the new menu was outstanding. New York level and on par or better than the trendy Tremont group of restaurants.....hats off to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.