LIFT Bar Grill View
333 Menchions Mews
Vancouver, BC V6G 3H5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
LIFT Bar Grill View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liftbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 6046895438x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: from 11:30am;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: from 5:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: from 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: George Koay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: LIFT Bar & Grill can cater to all your needs. Whether a small informal gathering or a large corporate Christmas Party that takes the entire venue; we can accommodate you. Please contact Claire Clarke email@example.com to discuss all your options.
- Private Party Contact: Claire Clarke 604-689-5438x
- Entertainment: One of Vancouver's most beautiful Patios, overlooking Stanley Park and Burrard Inlet!!!
A word from LIFT Bar Grill View
For a quintessential Vancouver experience, LIFT sets the stage with sweeping harbour, Stanley Park and coastal mountain views and the city's only oceanfront rooftop deck. A sexy, sophisticated restaurant and lounge, LIFT is located on the tranquil seawall in picturesque Coal Harbour minutes from Vancouver's financial district, major hotels and the Vancouver Convention Centre. A showcase of stunning architectural design, LIFT combines the eclectic ambiance of a New York eatery with authentic, west coast hospitality. Enjoy a fresh perspective on regionally sourced specialties and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean while the award winning wine list spotlights a unique focus on sustainably produced wines. From floor-to-ceiling windows that vanish in the summer to an illuminated honey onyx bar and inviting outdoor fireplaces, soak in the relaxed yet elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
LIFT Bar Grill View - Best Restaurants in Coal Harbour ›
LIFT Bar Grill View reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (183)great for outdoor dining (156)special occasion (128)romantic (116)fit for foodies (79)great for brunch (56)great for lunch (55)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (48)hot spot (46)good for groups (40)late-night find (25)vibrant bar scene (24)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014Amazing service, stunning view & great food. Food quality was great. Service was quick. Our waiter was always on top of filling our glasses of wine. We were checked on frequently but not too much as to interrupt our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlowerVIPDined on 8/29/2014My Kangaroo loin had been kept warm for a while - not good. However the taste was quite good. The oysters were delicious and the service was charming but slow - it took a long time to order drinks in the first place and then the server disappeared for quite some time before taking our food and wine orders. I had to ask that the music be turned down a bit, as it was deafening, and she obliged. The location is spectacular but the weather was not good enough to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect atmosphere!floridabardVIPDined on 8/25/2014If you're in Vancouver and want one of the most spectacular views of the harbor, make a reservation at LIFT. The drinks were fantastic, the food was all great, and the environment couldn't have been better. Anyone that complains about the service is probably going in with the wrong attitude. Our server was one of the friendliest and helpful you could ask for.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Lift. As we live on Vancouver Island, we try to book a table here whenever we visit Vancouver. We love the views and the normally friendly service. There were only a couple of things we would have liked to see better handled, particularly as this visit was partly to entertain our overseas visitors. First, the side orders of fries turned up with the appetizers rather than the main, which was slightly odd. Secondly, while our table service was great, the restaurant needs to work on the welcome customers receive at the busy check-in desk. It is brusque and slightly off-putting. That said, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutmlbwDined on 8/23/2014I brought my husband to lift for a romantic birthday dinner recently and we were very impressed with the whole experience. We had been wanting to try this restaurant because of it's great location and we weren't disappointed -great ambiance in addition to beautiful water-side dining. Beyond that though they had a solid wine list, the cocktails were delicious, the food was incredible and the service was lovely. All in all a really wonderful evening!Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningvanfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We dined as a group of 8 this weekend. When we arrived our table was not ready. We were seated in a couch area outside where we were able to have a cocktail while we waited. It was worth the wait was we were later seated at a large table on the patio for our dinner. We experienced excellent service and amazing food! Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoeyDined on 8/22/2014We had a fabulous table on the roof top with a great view. The food and drinks were all delicious. The restaurant is definitely in the higher price range so I would say this is a great option for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food, mandatory tip a problem.scottbDined on 8/21/2014The food & the location at this restaurant were great, loved it. Only problem was, that because we had 8 people, there was a mandatory tip added (fair enough). Problem is the tip was 18%! A little excessive I think. 10% would have been reasonable with a line to add an additional tip for good service. This would give me some pause should I have a large group again, I would probably consider other venues.Special Features:
- Excellent locationDineliteDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed the outdoor ambience and the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great for celebrating...UnimioDined on 8/20/2014This is a Vancouver restaurant. On the water, lots of view, casual dress but excellent fare. If you want a lovely night out on the water enjoying seafood this is the best choice in Vancouver. The menu specializes in seafood and take your servers suggestion or try the daily special.Special Features:
- UpLIFTing experienceMontrealPaulDined on 8/18/2014Beautiful view, good food, and great service, from the hostess to the manager, and especially our waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing fresh food, & Great View!KsushiDined on 8/18/2014I have been here for brunch and most recently for dinner. Both experiences were amazing. The service was fantastic, did not feel pressured to leave did not feel pressure to order more drinks etc. The view is fantastic from the inside and spectacular from the rooftop patio. The food is always fresh, we had ordered a sushi roll as an apitizer and it tasted better than most sushi places. Entrea are around $30 and worth every penny, the seafood ( I had the sea bass) melts in your mouth. For the meat lovers the short ribs are excellent as well. Definately check this restaurant out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ChoiceLoriandCorrieDined on 8/17/2014This was a wonderful treat for my daughter's 24th birthday prior to going to TUTS. She was loving the view, the Halibut and Chips and then came as she described the best Sundae of her entire life!!! My husband and I could not have been happier with our choices of Sea bass and Short Ribs. Presentation incredible and perfectly cooked. We live in the neighbourhood so indeed we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnermmichielaDined on 8/16/2014What a perfect evening! Best view in Vancouver from the 2nd floor patio, impeccable service, and as always, delicious meal. Our go to place in Vancouver for special occasions!Special Features:
- lunch treatladieswhoRarelylunchDined on 8/12/2014Every bite of my mushroom ravioli was a delight. A shared bread pudding was also tasty, though not on par with the entree. Even though the skies were overcast, the view was still lovely.Special Features:
- Delicious & Lovely night outKateDined on 8/11/2014We were looking for a place to linger over a bottle of wine sharing a number of different plates. Everything we tasted was fabulous - a treat for the taste buds and the eyes.Special Features:
- Just for the HalibutSaraM604Dined on 8/9/2014Holy Moly.... what a delightful evening! Located right on the seawall with a view that can not be beat, I would highly recommend Lift to diners looking for a delicious meal. We started with wine and the best crab cakes we have ever eaten (there was talk of ordering more)... followed by halibut and trout for mains... WOW... they were fantastic (and beautiful). Then as we were finishing you could see the full moon rising over the city skyline of Vancouver and reflect of the waters in Coal Harbour. Just amazing Can't wait to get back there to eat again!Special Features:
- Niffty FiftyDinner50Dined on 8/9/2014We came to the Lift for the first time for a 50th birthday celebration for a friend of mine. The view was spectacular with views of Stanley Park,Coal Harbor and the city of Vancouver. It was a Saturday evening so it was very busy and a bit noisy. The waiter was friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was my girlfriend had lipstick on her water glass which was removed and replaced immediately. All of us had the short ribs which were tender and flavorful. Very good dinning experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Sat downstairs, nice view of the harbor. Upstairs seemed more formal, while downstairs is more of a bar-like atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefswifeDined on 8/8/2014Fantastic food, unbeatable view, perfect romantic ambience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our best water front restaurantwoody1Dined on 8/6/2014We celebrated a family milestone here - and our experience couldn't have been more perfect. Really classy restaurant in the most picturesque setting on Vancouver's water front. This restaurant has it all - great food, service, ambience, music, views. This is Vancouver west coast dining at its best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Anniversary dinnerLuvs2bwinedNdinedDined on 8/6/2014They seated us at a window seat with a magnificent view. We opted not to get the bread basket and shared the assorted sashimi and Nova Scotia lobster roll for appies along with our drinks (I had the 'Lost Lagoon and he had the Red Racer beer...both wonderful!) For our mains, hubby had the striploin steak (although it was a bit over done than the medium rare that he asked for, he enjoyed it nonetheless). I had the special of the evening, Trout stuffed with lobster and spinach.. very tasty! We shared the warm chocolate brownie sundae for dessert (sinfully delish!) AND Because they knew it was our 'special day', they presented us with 2 flutes of champagne on the house. All in all, it was a lovely unrushed evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!AlchemistDined on 8/5/2014Thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience here. I'd definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good view food okshockDined on 8/4/2014food is ok but view is super great, it is a bit over price but cant expect much as the location is in coal harbor and the view is very niceSpecial Features:
- Slooooow Service!StrudeloCerisesDined on 8/3/2014We went to lift on Sunday for lunch with two other couples. We all found that the menu wasn't very interesting at all. They were serving brunch but we were all interested in lunch. The lunch menu had just a few uninspired selections. Between the 6 of us we had the fish tacos and the fish and chips. It took over an hour for our food to arrive and the tacos were cold. I hadn't been here in years but I seem to remember that this was a fancy, gourmet restaurant. I guess it changed over the years; it is now a stop for couples or families out for a walk on the seawall.Special Features:
- OutstandingRaazDined on 8/1/2014It was my daughter's 18th birthday our reservation was at 9:15 but we got there around 8:30, they were able to find us a within 5mins. We had a nice table but another table by the window became available and our server was able to move us to the table with an amazing view. Our server was outstanding his manners were very impressive. We had about 5 different appetizers, they were outstanding. For the main course I had kangaroo for the first time in my life, it was delightful. Everyone else loved there main course as well overall thank you lift staff for making my daughter's birthday special one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014The california roll appie was delicious however the cob salad, well lets just say my guest thought a 13 yr old could do better! We have both eaten many a 'cob salad' and I'm afraid this salad was far from outstanding especially for the price.....where was the blue cheese, ah yes there was perhaps a tsp. (if that) in each. I have been coming to your restaurant since you opened - you have a spectacular location and now with patio extension its perfect. I will be back but not for a cob salad.Special Features:
- 2 Out of 3 NightsMom2sonsDined on 7/29/2014It was a perfect location with great food, we ended up eating there 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed in Vancouver! The atmosphere was perfect! We watched the sunset both nights from our table upstairs. There isn't a bad table as the entire place is surrounded by glass windows/doors. Downstairs, is the main entrance and bar(s) where you can enjoy a drink while waiting on your table. You can still feel the cool breezes and feel like you are outside. We sat upstairs which was so relaxing after a long travel day. Fire pit and they open the roof to reveal the sky. Fireplace is lit after sunset. Our son is vegetarian~many options for him. We didn't have any bad meals among the 4 of us. One of our favorites now. Mushroom Ravioli was superb!Special Features:
- Best deck in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2014If you're looking for an amazing deck dining experience, you must go to Lift! No matter where you are in the restaurant, you feel like you're on the water and the ambience not crazy busy (although it was a Monday) but energetic enough to take in the scene. Staff and service exceptional which just added to a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experiencePAMELADined on 7/27/2014We reserved the patio, the hostess told us they don't take reservation for patio. It would be nice to let the customer know the patio is first come first serve then I would go somewhere else. We ordered a bottle of white wine, the waitress leave it at the table. Our second glass was a warm wine which supposed to be cool and chilled.
- Medicore foodVan5555Dined on 7/26/2014Food was a major disappointment. If you want a scenic view then this is the place to go it's stunning. If your looking for good and tasty food - so not waste your money!Special Features:
- Best Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014The food and dining experience was the best I had experienced in a long time. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointedzipgracieDined on 7/25/2014Our waitress was very inattentive - the food was definitely a disappointment - we have loved our previous visits to the Lift when we go to Vancouver.
- Perfect Evening!mmichielaDined on 7/24/2014Took a friend for a birthday dinner, and the evening couldn't have been better. Beautiful view, delicious meals, impeccable service. We will be back. A special thanks to our server, Marcio, who made the evening super special. Ask for him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, not the foodYummyVIPDined on 7/24/2014To be fair, the food was good. But not great. You pay for the view/location/setting. We took out of town visitors there to see the boats, the harbour, the mountains. We loved the view. But we found the food nothing to rush back for.Special Features:
- Lunch with an old friendAdriannioVIPDined on 7/24/2014Lift Bar & Grill is located on the edge of the water and Stanley Park. Service was great. Valet made the entry point easy. Food tasty! Will be a retest customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic BrunchNewFoodieDined on 7/20/2014I have been to life a couple of times now for brunch and I never leave hungry or disappointed. The food is of great quality and is cooked perfectly every time (the poached eggs are perfectly runny every time). The service is prompt and never will your coffee or water run dry. If all of that wasn't enough to get you to go to Lift then perhaps the spectacular waterfront views will be. I will be back again and again!Special Features:
- Awesome eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014We had a beautiful night with great food, outstanding atmosphere and great service. View from deck was breath taking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014We had an amazing time, good food with great views.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vancouver GemPSteuDined on 7/15/2014Exceptional service, outstanding food and to top it all off the view is stunning. We sat on the top floor patio overlooking the harbour, the weather was perfect. Don't go if you want a quick meal this is the place to take a break and just enjoy a lovely meal in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.