LIFT Bar Grill View
333 Menchions Mews
Vancouver, BC V6G 3H5Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
LIFT Bar Grill View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.liftbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: 6046895438x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: from 11:30am;
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: from 5:00pm;
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: from 11:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: George Koay
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: LIFT Bar & Grill can cater to all your needs. Whether a small informal gathering or a large corporate Christmas Party that takes the entire venue; we can accommodate you. Please contact Claire Clarke email@example.com to discuss all your options.
- Private Party Contact: Claire Clarke 604-689-5438x
- Entertainment: One of Vancouver's most beautiful Patios, overlooking Stanley Park and Burrard Inlet!!!
A word from LIFT Bar Grill View
For a quintessential Vancouver experience, LIFT sets the stage with sweeping harbour, Stanley Park and coastal mountain views and the city's only oceanfront rooftop deck. A sexy, sophisticated restaurant and lounge, LIFT is located on the tranquil seawall in picturesque Coal Harbour minutes from Vancouver's financial district, major hotels and the Vancouver Convention Centre. A showcase of stunning architectural design, LIFT combines the eclectic ambiance of a New York eatery with authentic, west coast hospitality. Enjoy a fresh perspective on regionally sourced specialties and the bounty of the Pacific Ocean while the award winning wine list spotlights a unique focus on sustainably produced wines. From floor-to-ceiling windows that vanish in the summer to an illuminated honey onyx bar and inviting outdoor fireplaces, soak in the relaxed yet elegant setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
LIFT Bar Grill View - Best Restaurants in Coal Harbour ›
LIFT Bar Grill View reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (164)great for outdoor dining (142)special occasion (102)romantic (94)fit for foodies (78)good for groups (42)notable wine list (42)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (37)hot spot (35)late-night find (21)vibrant bar scene (19)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- razeerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I took two pals here for a birthday celebration. The food was excellent. They had the braised short ribs and I have the Arctic Char. Both really yummy. We shared two kale Caesars and all loved them. It is on the expensive side but delicious.Special Features:
- Fabulous as alwaysmargVIPDined on 10/12/2014Fabulous as always. We go almost every week are in townSpecial Features:
- KiwiGirlDined on 10/11/2014My friend and I were seated in the window, which was our choice. The view was amazing. The food was exceptional - I had the Sea Bass and my friend, the Halibut - both were cooked to perfection and the mixture of vegetables was so different, and tasty. Prices are a little on the high side, but for a special occasion (we were both celebrating October birthdays), it was perfect. The walk from Waterfront sky train along the harbor to the restaurant was wonderful.Special Features:
- Exceptional All 'RoundTuffRiskDined on 10/9/2014Recently took a client to the Lift for dinner. The service was exceptional, right from the greeting of the hostess to the quality of service received from the server. Wine selection is extensive, either by the glass or bottle. The food (and I love quality) was outstanding. All-in-all, I could not have chosen a better restaurant for the evening. Go!Special Features:
- Incredible ViewLovegreatfoodDined on 10/5/2014The view was incredible. We sat outside and it was not too cold. The food was good but not amazing.Special Features:
- Unexpected delightWineandDineDined on 9/29/2014I was expecting Lift to be a typical restaurant beside the water, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was more! Great menu, including kangaroo, and a good wine list. Great food, great service.Special Features:
- Great setting, food doesn't matchChowDogDined on 9/27/2014Thought we'd go back and give Lift another shot, because the setting there is just so beautiful that you almost hate not to make it a regular stop. Unfortunately, though, as with our previous visit, the food just didn't live up to the setting. For $37 and $36 entrees, respectively, Vancouverites expect top quality cuisine. Lift isn't doing it.Special Features:
- Up-LIFTingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Dark overcast evening, or normal fall in Vancouver. Saw a warm glow, and happy looking diners inside, so decided to stop. Atmosphere was warm and comfortable, the menu was very west coast, seafood and sushi, with a touch of Aussie (try the kangaroo) thrown in. The mussels were outstanding and the kangaroo to 'jump' for. The lightly tempura'd sushi and wild salmon with scallops were amazing and done to perfection. The service was efficient, non-intrusive, informative and friendly warm - fit the ambiance nicely. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great placeMaximeDined on 9/19/2014Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. great food and amazing viewsSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014The menu selection was broad, accommodating many tastes. The food was delicious and the service timely. We were not at all rushed but didn't ever feel like we waited. The selection of scotch was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and consistentAnnickVIPDined on 9/17/2014Asian inspired, the menu is diverse and excellent with wonderful flavours. A bit on the pricey side but hey! you pay for what you get: excellent food! The view is superb and the service very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014My wife and I had visited the Lift last year.We had a wonderful time right on the water very beautiful food was great everything was excellent. On Monday it was our wedding anniversary as well as my parents in law so we decided to go to Lift for the special event. I emailed and called to request a patio seat.When we got arrived there was no seats available.We where put right inline with the kitchen it was so noisy. Our table was so wobbly when you put your arm on the table the water spilt.The food wasn't great the service wasn't good.I then requested for a table up stairs when a table becomes available. We got up stairs, it is amazing, after all the noise from the kitchen. We got some desert and coffees. The coffee was cold:(Special Features:
- detailshmmmDined on 9/14/2014Bathrooms were dirty. To many flavors on the main courses. Seemed through the whole experience, tried hard but fell short on the detail of exceptional quality service and food. Price point to highSpecial Features:
- Suinday BrunchNorVan123Dined on 9/14/2014We enjoyed Sunday Brunch at Lift , the menu was very interesting and we all enjoyed our food , mains were Eggs benedict, Quiche and Short Rib Hash , the later was fantastic. the attentive service , scenery and ambience were first class and I thought the prices were very reasonable for the surroundings and quality location of the venueSpecial Features:
- Poor experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014I booked a reservation at Lift for a quiet dinner waterfront. Despite requesting this, the hostess had no table ready or set aside for us. We ended up being seated at a small 2 top next to a loud group of 6...and eventually 8 drunk people. While the server was good, the food was not. Way overpriced for what you get. Do not order the steak. It is a terrible cut. While I've had decent lunches at Lift before, I would not recommend it based in my last experience.
- Great Night at LiftOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Great service, great ambiance and the view was outstanding - the food was a bit off. The fish was overcooked and the strip loins were a bit chewy. Other than that, great experience.Special Features:
- Great ViewMoonunitDined on 9/13/2014Probably one of the nicest patios in Vancouver. Service was very good. If you are a foodie, it may not entice. Stick with basic fare and enjoy a cocktail or three on the patio and you will definitely enjoy yourself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!MegasmileDined on 9/8/2014I went LIFT on my birthday and the food is good. But the waiter was so busy and we usually have the service late.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best view in townXanderDined on 9/7/2014On a warm sunny day the upper deck is unsurpassed. Brunch food selection and quality were good and portions were ample. Lift certainly exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Views! Great Food!ManoloVIPDined on 9/6/2014One of Vancouver's best restaurants to enjoy a spectacular view of Stanley Park, City, & Mountains. Delicious brunch & amazing sushi. A wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended but with caveatsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent but a bit overpriced. The outside deck was lovely, beautiful view, etc. Service was a bit hit and miss: very friendly but slow at times. Overall would return to enjoy a beautiful summer evening and would recommend to others but with cautionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vancouver at nightPrincessVIPDined on 9/1/2014Our first time in Vancouver and at the restaurant! Mark, our waiter was helpful and knowledgeable about the food. The mussels in garlic and wine sauce were delectable. The sturgeon was buttery and very tasteful! The views were breathtaking! It's a must, don't miss it. Even the sea walk over to the restaurant is a step toward a wonderful evening! Bon appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dinning PlacereneDined on 8/31/2014I had a great time at Lift back in 2008. The dish I had was made of duck. It was great. Unforturnately I did not see this one in the manu this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Ate here on a recommendation of a Local. Good was very good, view was outstanding but the service was best of all. Had a waitress who was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightFoodiegirlDined on 8/30/2014Amazing service, stunning view & great food. Food quality was great. Service was quick. Our waiter was always on top of filling our glasses of wine. We were checked on frequently but not too much as to interrupt our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlowerVIPDined on 8/29/2014My Kangaroo loin had been kept warm for a while - not good. However the taste was quite good. The oysters were delicious and the service was charming but slow - it took a long time to order drinks in the first place and then the server disappeared for quite some time before taking our food and wine orders. I had to ask that the music be turned down a bit, as it was deafening, and she obliged. The location is spectacular but the weather was not good enough to sit outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect atmosphere!floridabardVIPDined on 8/25/2014If you're in Vancouver and want one of the most spectacular views of the harbor, make a reservation at LIFT. The drinks were fantastic, the food was all great, and the environment couldn't have been better. Anyone that complains about the service is probably going in with the wrong attitude. Our server was one of the friendliest and helpful you could ask for.Special Features:
- Another enjoyable experienceIslandVCDined on 8/23/2014This was our third visit to Lift. As we live on Vancouver Island, we try to book a table here whenever we visit Vancouver. We love the views and the normally friendly service. There were only a couple of things we would have liked to see better handled, particularly as this visit was partly to entertain our overseas visitors. First, the side orders of fries turned up with the appetizers rather than the main, which was slightly odd. Secondly, while our table service was great, the restaurant needs to work on the welcome customers receive at the busy check-in desk. It is brusque and slightly off-putting. That said, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutmlbwDined on 8/23/2014I brought my husband to lift for a romantic birthday dinner recently and we were very impressed with the whole experience. We had been wanting to try this restaurant because of it's great location and we weren't disappointed -great ambiance in addition to beautiful water-side dining. Beyond that though they had a solid wine list, the cocktails were delicious, the food was incredible and the service was lovely. All in all a really wonderful evening!Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningvanfoodieDined on 8/23/2014We dined as a group of 8 this weekend. When we arrived our table was not ready. We were seated in a couch area outside where we were able to have a cocktail while we waited. It was worth the wait was we were later seated at a large table on the patio for our dinner. We experienced excellent service and amazing food! Two thumbs up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoeyDined on 8/22/2014We had a fabulous table on the roof top with a great view. The food and drinks were all delicious. The restaurant is definitely in the higher price range so I would say this is a great option for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Good food, mandatory tip a problem.scottbDined on 8/21/2014The food & the location at this restaurant were great, loved it. Only problem was, that because we had 8 people, there was a mandatory tip added (fair enough). Problem is the tip was 18%! A little excessive I think. 10% would have been reasonable with a line to add an additional tip for good service. This would give me some pause should I have a large group again, I would probably consider other venues.Special Features:
- Excellent locationDineliteDined on 8/21/2014Enjoyed the outdoor ambience and the service was spot on.Special Features:
- Great for celebrating...UnimioDined on 8/20/2014This is a Vancouver restaurant. On the water, lots of view, casual dress but excellent fare. If you want a lovely night out on the water enjoying seafood this is the best choice in Vancouver. The menu specializes in seafood and take your servers suggestion or try the daily special.Special Features:
- UpLIFTing experienceMontrealPaulDined on 8/18/2014Beautiful view, good food, and great service, from the hostess to the manager, and especially our waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing fresh food, & Great View!KsushiDined on 8/18/2014I have been here for brunch and most recently for dinner. Both experiences were amazing. The service was fantastic, did not feel pressured to leave did not feel pressure to order more drinks etc. The view is fantastic from the inside and spectacular from the rooftop patio. The food is always fresh, we had ordered a sushi roll as an apitizer and it tasted better than most sushi places. Entrea are around $30 and worth every penny, the seafood ( I had the sea bass) melts in your mouth. For the meat lovers the short ribs are excellent as well. Definately check this restaurant out :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous ChoiceLoriandCorrieDined on 8/17/2014This was a wonderful treat for my daughter's 24th birthday prior to going to TUTS. She was loving the view, the Halibut and Chips and then came as she described the best Sundae of her entire life!!! My husband and I could not have been happier with our choices of Sea bass and Short Ribs. Presentation incredible and perfectly cooked. We live in the neighbourhood so indeed we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration DinnermmichielaDined on 8/16/2014What a perfect evening! Best view in Vancouver from the 2nd floor patio, impeccable service, and as always, delicious meal. Our go to place in Vancouver for special occasions!Special Features:
- lunch treatladieswhoRarelylunchDined on 8/12/2014Every bite of my mushroom ravioli was a delight. A shared bread pudding was also tasty, though not on par with the entree. Even though the skies were overcast, the view was still lovely.Special Features:
- Delicious & Lovely night outKateDined on 8/11/2014We were looking for a place to linger over a bottle of wine sharing a number of different plates. Everything we tasted was fabulous - a treat for the taste buds and the eyes.Special Features: