New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.lievitopizzeria.com/
- Phone: 2126455811
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Daily: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Andrea Soldini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Federico - Andrea 2126455811
A word from Lievito pizzeria
We believe that the best dreams are the ones you have when you are awake; the ones that you try and try again to make become true, the ones that do not matter how long they take, as long as you achieve them. Our dream is called Lievito, and it is the dream of four Italian guys that have worked in New York's restaurant business for many years, and one Italian entrepreneur who believes in dreams. Together we opened a restaurant in the West Village that offers fine Italian food merging tradition and innovation, taste and experimentation. Our signature dish is pizza that we present in twenty-two variations, but the menu is assorted and continuously up to date. You'll be able to delight in appetizers, salads, and soups, and a wide choice of Italian wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Lievito pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Find!BobMDined on 9/17/2013Found this gem on "Urban Spoon" phone app. It was perfect; intimate, friendly, reasonably priced, good food and great street view of park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're ItaliansMaxFamilyDined on 7/29/2013And while in the city, this spot, is the place where we had a great Italian dinner. Chef is Italian and he knows how to spoil you. Pizza is very well made and taste like home. A trusted place to keep.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Look beyond the great pizzas...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/26/2013Chef Andre produces remarkable pastas and main courses in the tiny kitchen, better than you might expect in a pizzeria . The staff is great, friendly and energetic. For dieters like myself the antipasto vegetable platter makes a great main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice time at Lievito.BenTVIPDined on 3/23/2013Very nice time at Lievito. The pizza was very good, the octopus was excellent, and we enjoyed their wine list very much. Friendly, helpful service, and a cool vibe. Didn;t get to try the pasta, will have to wait til next time.Special Features:
- Neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/25/2013Pastas are genuinely interesting and perfectly prepared. Pizzas are thin and well balanced. Meatball appetizer is particularly great as is the pea soup with grilled octopus. Service is warm and personal. The space is tight but feels more intimate than cramped. In the summer, I could eat at their sidewalk tables every day.Special Features:
- i love this place - greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2013i love this place - great salads, great pizza. not the best for groups (max can do is 6) but i've still gone here with parties that size bc i love the place. highly recommend!Special Features:
- Always a great experience.JerryVIPDined on 12/31/2012Always a great experience. Friendly, warm, knowledgable staff. Food interesting and good. We return again and again.Special Features:
- I've really enjoyed the winegootVIPDined on 11/24/2012I've really enjoyed the wine and appetizers at Lievito but the entrees leave a bit to be desired. My pasta with mushrooms and my boyfriend's pasta with meat sauce were both a bit bland his was very dry. It's a cute place but they were playing terrible elevator muzak that killed the vibe. I'd try it again if someone told me they'd had a good dinner, but am not going to seek it out right now.
- Good food - not great. ProbablyPaulVIPDined on 11/10/2012Good food - not great. Probably better available nearby in the village
- Lievito is a wonderful placeSeanoNYCVIPDined on 10/30/2012Lievito is a wonderful place to spend an evening with good friends who enjoy food, wine, and conversation. I have been here many times before and - especially after my last visit - look forward to many future visits. The pizzas are excellent, the salads filling, and the hospitality is exquisite. In the build up to Hurricane Sandy, a friend and I stopped by for a quick bite. Although the restaurant had a limited menu - and limited power - they welcomed us with open arms; as if we were the part of the family that you choose to spend time with. The pasta bolognese was as good as it ever is. And the welcome was greater than almost anywhere I have been. The neighbors, staff, and a few stragglers were celebrating Life in NYC!Special Features:
- I had been to Lievito forOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2012I had been to Lievito for New Years 2 years ago and decided to try it again. The food was great on New Years so I was a bit disappointed when the food was less than stellar on this visit. Our pizza was salty, the pasta sauces tasted like they were thickened with corn starch and the pork chop was overcooked. It was one of those meals where it was great because of the atmosphere, the company, but not necessarily about the food.Special Features:
- try it !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012Excellent Italian Restaurant. High quality food, Right prices. Modern and innovative dishes.Special Features:
- I love LievitoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2012Had a wonderful time! Food, service were outstanding. Will be going back many times !!!Special Features:
- The food and service is outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2012The food and service is outstanding, the staff makes you feel that your are family !!!Special Features:
- TastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012Went to this restaurant with four other friends. The food was delicious...except for one pizza that we ordered. Overall a good experience. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Why do you charge for a refillOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2012Why do you charge for a refill of iced tea? Absurd. Carpaccio di manzo had way too much balsamic vinegar ... should have a light drizzle on the greens, if at all. Ruined what was otherwise a great starter. Ravioli were good, if not uninspired. With the menu as nice as it is, I would go back for a second try.
- Honestly one of the best placesMikeMVIPDined on 8/10/2012Honestly one of the best places around, not only is the food amazing and fresh, but the service is great. Everyone was extremely helpful about recommending food and cheerful. I had a great experience overall and could not get over the food. My family is off the boat italian and generally very picky, but we all found something great to eat and share.Special Features:
- Frederico is always thereJerryVIPDined on 7/20/2012Frederico is always there to greet and ensure your meal and service are top notch. Great neighborhood spot.Special Features: