Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel
40 Island Avenue
Miami, FL 33139Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.standardhotels.com/miami/restaurants/
- Phone: (305) 673-1717
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 11:00am - 12:00ppm; Lunch Daily: 12:00pm - 6:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mark Zeitouni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and wholesome Mediterranean inspired cuisine at The Lido Restaurant + Bayside Grill overlooking Biscayne Bay. Award winning, Chef Mark Zeitouni only chooses the freshest seasonal and organic ingredients to produce flavorful dishes that rejuvenate the mind, body and spirit. While you can get an amazing hamburger, Chef Mark specializes in creating artful vegetarian and vegan dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel - Best Restaurants in Miami ›
Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (31)scenic view (31)hot spot (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (12)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Always great.AtTheBeachDined on 11/14/2014The food and scene and views and service are consistently great. We had a momentary glitch with our reserved table as a large group had just arrived but the manager - wish I had taken his name - smoothed it out and handled it beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With this setting,little else mattersmikeDined on 11/12/2014This waterside spot is like no others. Reasonably good but expensive food, small portions, good service, and breathtaking locale can't be beat on a sunny day for lunch. Just plan on having a drink and soaking it in, you will soon forgive the smaller portions and bigger prices. You are on holiday, whether you really are or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedJennjennDined on 10/26/2014I was disappointed with the food at Lido. The place and people are beautiful but the food was not good at all. We ordered 4 different dishes and only 1 (kale pancakes) was decent.Special Features:
- Not the bestampacDined on 10/25/2014The food was good, we've had better especially for the price they charge..... their site shows a plate of grilled octopus with 4 tentacles- we got a plate with 1 tentacle and paid $27.00...ouch. That could be misconstrued as false advertisement.... Parking is ridiculous. You have to valet your car because its difficult to find parking in the small lot. Thats understandable, but they charge you and extra $5.00 for each hour you're at the restaurant...... okay I guess since most people dont spend over 2 hrs in a restaurant.....Special Features:
- Great restaurantLoveFood1961Dined on 10/4/2014So good to find a decent restaurant in a hotel. Staff are lovely made us very welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hipsters DelightSpiritguideDined on 10/4/2014Interesting menu, good food , good service and good view . Good people watching if you are into posers. Good but not great on all counts. Valet however was a bit steepSpecial Features:
- Great view and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2014Hard to find but so worth it when you do. Very casual with beautiful view of bay outstanding service excellent food skirt steak is a must have Ali g with burrrata.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellentNorthernNewlyWedsDined on 9/6/2014Steaks and cocktails were delicious, white wine was a little under chilled and an over eager waiter rushed the arrival of our steaks so we weren't able to enjoy the amazing mezze which we had ordered to start, which was a shame. It's a beautiful location and the best place we are in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a romantic settingMmarcusVIPDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I have always loved this place for drinks in its beautiful setting on the inter coastal of south beach. This time however we stayed for dinner and were treated to an amazing vegan feast. Neither of us are vegan but we did not miss the meat or dairy one bit. The lasagna was amazing! And my tofu and eggplant caponata were delicious. We highly recommend this restaurant for a reasonably priced and very romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeJuliDined on 9/3/2014Fantastic place and great environment. It doesn't stand fr it service but overall it's an 8 points. Absolutely recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dangerous substitution.TianDined on 8/28/2014I took my girlfriend to a nice dinner at Lido. The ambiance is just spectacular. The waiter, who was trying to be very helpful, told us of the specials. One was Wahoo. She ordered the Wahoo. Grilled. When our plates arrived, she was presented a dish with three scallops on it. Being polite she began eating them. I pulled the waiter over and pointed out the error. He asked what he could do to make us happy. I suggested he bring the food she ordered and that would be fine. For some reason he could not. I checked the menu and pointed out that scallops were nowhere to be found on the menu. The waiter agreed and went so far as to say they don't serve scallops. Handing someone a random plate of shellfish is just plain dangerous. It was odd.
- very very goodmynameisnickDined on 8/26/2014romantic, good food and finally with soft music (not that loud noise of SOBE restaurants) good choise on food, also for veganSpecial Features:
- Sundown at Lido.LianaDined on 8/21/2014We had a reservation their the other day. The atmosphere was perfect. Our table had a sun down view, it was so beautiful. great food good service. would really recommend this place for others visiting Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best bay viewBellaPamDined on 8/9/2014You're right on the water watching yachts, kayakers and jet skiers frolic in the sun. Best sunset watching spot ... Food is dwkicois ... Great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Incredible view of the bay, perfect for a date. Reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The following 129 reviews are from the Lido Restaurant & Bayside Grill - The Standard Hotel reviews archive.
- Non extraordinaryYungaGuruVIPDined on 7/30/2014I recently went with my family to have lunch on Lido Restaurant and the location its perfect, ambiance is Ok! as well as services. But food, it wasn't unforgettable. Even complementary pita chips from starting came from a bag note fresh. This places is to resolve if you don't want o go out from the Hotel. I would not go back, even is I stay in the Hotel for a Night. Miami have to much to offer out of the Hotels.
- edcarcaDined on 7/25/2014the ambience is wonderful, service was nice and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining on the waterFicklefoodiDined on 7/18/2014Our evening started off with the very friendly, accommodating host. The outdoor ambiance was perfect, soft lighting, moon reflecting off the bay and a gentle breeze. Our waiter, Tony A was efficient, friendly and very helpful. Tuna tar tar was perfect and our charred octopus was cooked to perfection! I would say it was a most pleasant experience, but then it always is, one of our Miami favs!Special Features:
- Really great place!2worldsin1Dined on 7/12/2014Start to finish, this was a great experience. Top notch wait staff and amazing views made this an ideal sunset dining location. Two totally different atmospheres of the resturant when the sun set - night lights in the sun umbrellas made all the difference! Food portions were good. Flavor of food was good. Grilled fish was outstanding. Specialty drinks were good. By the way, did i mention the views? Awesome! Thank you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Priceless viewSundancer38Dined on 7/7/2014As long as the weather cooperates, you can catch the most amazing sunset for a treat to the eyes which will in turn put you in the best mood to wine and dine ...Special Features:
- lovely outside place to eatlb2lb2Dined on 6/27/2014great view and ambience.. great fish! we love it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The perfect finishNWLondonFoodieDined on 6/20/2014We'd spent a week eating at Miami's hippest restaurants as well as dive bars and holes in the wall. We left the Lido bay side grill till last and booked a table for 8pm. The timing was perfect. A waterside table watching the the sun set over delicious cocktails. Very romantic. A perfect finish to a perfect Miami break. The food we ordered was shrimp, baby crab and sword fish. Each mouthful exquisite. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location, good foodchriddlevDined on 6/14/2014The location is grande. Food varies, especially the size: The Vegan Lasagne is miniature size, the salads comparably huge. However, some irritations occurred: 1.) Guests from the hotel in bath robes where seated close to regular guests!? 2.) The waiter was very nice. However, in the end he ran after us and seemed to complain about the tip. That spoiled the whole evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All view and no substanceTimPDined on 6/9/2014The view in the evening was stunning. The service was ok but questions could not be answered (re gluten free options) and no one appeared to be communicating .. Very disjointed (automatic 18% service charge minimum). The food was at best 'diner', fried and very greasy.
- Perfect water lunchTianDined on 6/5/2014The restaurant was mostly empty for our lunch, seemed to only be occupied by regulars. It was an amazing experience and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch on the WaterSobedineoutVIPDined on 5/23/2014One of the best views in Miami Beach for a meal. The food is pretty good and always consistent. The service is pretty Standard for Miami Beach. Great place to go if you want to drink at lunch and people watch. Always good to go to on a nice day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014Food mediocre and not very good. Would not return
- Local in the know -vacation @ homeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/10/2014Perfect day .. Spa then leisurely lunch on terrace. No attitude relaxed - good solid food - huevos rancheros fresh and delish, hummus homemade and tasty, great cocktails, great fish sandwich. Great place to spend an afternoon pretending you are in vacation. Staff friendly and solid service. Great Mother's Day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- plastic glassesTourists2014Dined on 4/20/2014Our wine was served in plastic glasses, like they use to serve at the pool, and it was far too warm and of poor quality. Later our waiter apologized for it and offered a drink. Service was great!Special Features:
- JUST THE VIEWMIAEMMAVIPDined on 4/13/2014This place is great because it is by the bay and the view is beautiful. However, it's the only thing we enjoyed : the food was just ok and the service is inattentive and very bad ! The server even dropped plates from another table on the floor and we got mayonnaise on our shoes and clothes ! Even for the view, we will not go back.Special Features:
- Great ViewfunfoodinMIADined on 4/7/2014The view was very beautiful. Menu was small but diverse and food was good. Pay extra for the view.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceSammyDined on 4/5/2014The #1 thing about this restaurant is the ambiance and scenic view. The restaurant is practically on the water, and you have a view of the peaceful bay with occasional large yachts or speedboats going by, and beautiful lighting with the background of the fanciness of the hotel and the pool. The food here was just okay, as was the service but I sort of knew that going in. It is glorified bar and grill food but really the view and the ambiance just make it worth it to at least try! Walking to the restaurant is fun too because its in the very back and you have to walk through their hammock area, the swing seat area and down a path lined with bushes on one side and hotel room back porches on the other. Very cute!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stop here for fun timeaandkDined on 4/4/2014The hotel and the Lido Restaurant were a great stop. The views from the Lido were amazing and the menu was imaginative. The wine selection was varied and the service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/23/2014Great atmosphere, good music and excellent food with water view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the ambience, servcieHealthyeatingDined on 3/22/2014I loved the ambience, servcie and drink selection. Food not as healthy as indicated in description. No healthy potatoe or starch selection. Only one vegetable with entree. Adding a baked potatoe would make a differenceSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor diningBradVIPDined on 3/16/2014We were visiting South Beach and wanted a casual restaurant with outside dining and views of the water. Lido delivered on all counts. A varied menu with snacks to entrees and decent service. But the views of the bay during and after sunset made it a special place. The only downside was parking. There is no self parking and the Valet was overwelmed when we arrived. We waited 20 minutes for someone to take the car. Very frustrating. When we left, there was no issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Scene on SundaysFoodblokeVIPDined on 3/16/2014Or any day of the week, for that matter. A glorified. Beach grille menu in a stunning bay front setting, poolside filled with hipsters, their kids, dogs and hangers-on. A chicken caprese panini was miserably dry, charred beyond recognition and dry. A good iced tea and server who was In training, cheerfully brought some fresh mint to spice it up. Valet parking is messed up majorly.Special Features:
- service was incredibly slowbkg13VIPDined on 3/9/2014service was incredibly slow (2.5 hours at the table for one food course and tea seems a little long) but the setting is gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snobby and hotel staff un-friendlyJavierDined on 3/9/2014Went for brunch. Arrived and was told just to head towards the back. We entered through the left walkway which leads us to the pool area. We were about 15 minutes early for our reservation so just sat on a lounger to chat with a friend, when we were quickly dismissed from the pool area. We werent even in bathing attire so I asked what the problem. I was quickly told the pool is only for hotel guests and to find another place to sit. It seemed very snobbish especially since we were there for brunch. Brunch was ok. Drinks were great. Got a $23.00 omlet which came out cold. Valet is $25.00 and be prepared to wait for eons.... Wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- On The Water FrontBradyfoofyVIPDined on 3/8/2014Lido is a delightful, vibrant, wather front restaurant with an amazing outdoor dining area. It is a shame we do not have more restaurants on the water in Miami. Valet is expensive and takes time in and out of the restaurant. The wait service was okay, somewhat attentive but our server misunderstood a few things like the wine, brought us a more expensive one but we did not notice until we were home. The food was okay, nothing special, and pricey. We went for the atmosphere and did enjoy the outside dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.