Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL
700 Ben Franklin Blvd
Sarasota, FL 34236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lidobeachresort.com/dining.htm
- Phone: (941) 388-2161
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday; 10:30am - 2:00pm;
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carl Murphy
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment from 5pm to 7pm on Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
A word from Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL
The Lido Beach Grille specializes in modern American cuisine with an emphasis on fresh seafood, using only the freshest ingredients served in an intimate, yet casual atmosphere. This distinctive Sarasota restaurant also boasts panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico and the Sarasota skyline through the Grille’s floor-to-ceiling windows. Begin the evening with your favorite cocktail in the Sunset Lounge as the sun sinks over the blue waters of the Gulf, or enhance your meal with a selection from our wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (23)special occasion (19)romantic (12)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- The view!PetuniaDined on 11/21/2014Guests be warned: this is very much a hotel restaurant--you walk past several meeting rooms to get to the grill. But the view is spectacular from most of the tables, the servce excellent, and the food, while expensive, very generous. We shared a caesar salad, which was delicious. Lamb chops were three huge sections. My companion's grouper also excellent. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everyone needs to do brunch here at least once...donhDined on 11/9/2014We had friends coming to visit while we were staying on Lido Key and looked at several local area restaurant reviews and the brunch at Lido Beach Grille was mentioned by several reviewers as one of the best brunch menus in the area. It was a little frustrating in that trying to see the actual menu on the restaurant's web site didn't really provide any clue as to what the offerings were or the price. Well, the price was what one should expect for a restaurant that had the gulf view this does and the quality of the food that left nothing to desire. The service staff was helpful, attentive and very friendly. All 4 of us enjoyed everything from the pastries to the deserts, watch out for those little key lime tarts. And though it was the most I have ever spent for a brunch, I will do it again during another visit to this little key that the rest of the northern visitors seem to overlook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and foodpickiepieDined on 11/9/2014I have been here brunch and Happy Hour and can enthusiastically recommend the view, the food, the ambiance and the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Brunch!pegpostsDined on 11/2/2014After an Alaskan cruise last summer, I wanted to take my daughter and our friend to a brunch that reminded me of the water and the food. Lido Beach Grille was the perfect choice. We looked out at the Gulf, sipped Mimosas and dined on anything and everything we could imagine to make it a perfect meal. The service was good, the food was delicious and I am looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend stay at LidoDvdmick02Dined on 10/25/2014We were in town for just just a day. The best day by far during our weekend trip. Service was great and everyone was so friendly. Highly recommend a stay at the Lido Beach Resort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surpriseTennisLoverDined on 10/23/2014We were in town for a wedding and joined family for dinner. It was relaxing and the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSo Sunday buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014Didn't expect Sunday lunch to only be the 'same old tired' buffet fare. View did not match advertisement - needed a high chair to see out windows over the Railing / half wall departing dining area from windows - would not go back again - buffet selection was overpriced for the quality of food provided - not there to Graze
- Lido Beach GrillAl101713VIPDined on 10/11/2014We arrived in Sarasota after several hours on the road. Once we unpacked we decided to have a nice dinner at a local restaurant. Not being very familiar with the restaurants near us, we looked on Opentable to find a restaurant. The Lido Beach Grill was our choice. It turned out to be a terrific one. My wife had the grouper and thought it was was among the best she ever had. My grilled salmon was perfectly prepared. David, Alicia and the entire staff were friendly and professional. A great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryCoupleDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant tables did not have the best view, the bar did. However, the food and the service was great.Special Features:
- Great findDCCVBFLDined on 9/25/2014Although the place was not crowded, we found everything about the restaurant very please. The service, food and atmosphere were great.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in SarasotaTrainkcVIPDined on 9/14/2014You can't beat the view and the food is excellent!Special Features:
- Anniversary HeavenLovelyDined on 9/12/2014We were charmed and delighted with the service, food, ambiance and city skyline. We were transported back to a romantic time. Thank you for making our night special. Looking forward to celebrating more special events with you this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!TPASRQDined on 9/7/2014If in the area and want a fantastic brunch, this place is worth it. Food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and serviceMS8313Dined on 8/27/2014We were staying at another local resort but wanted to try this restaurant out. So glad we did!!!! Best meal we had on vacation!!! Thanks! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vbfoodieDined on 8/17/2014Great for the sunset, good was okay to good. Mg fish was dry but my husband enjoyed his. Service was excellent. Mena was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch at Lido Beach Grillrkroy63ravesDined on 8/17/2014it had an amazing array of food. A lot of variety, we lovedon't it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunset DiningDalieoDined on 8/16/2014We loved the Lido Beach Grille. The food was excellent, melt in your mouth filet mignon! The service was great and the view of the sunset was great even though from out table it was not directly visible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated but great viewsljscud1Dined on 8/1/2014Went on a Friday night and expected it to be crowded based on other reviews, but it was fairly dead and dated looking. However, the service there is great from the hostess to the bartender to the waiter. All were very friendly and accomodating and made our overall experience a good one. The views are beautiful and its a great place for the sunset. Food was good- the creme brulee trio was our favorite- but over priced for the portion sizes. If they got an update on the decor, it would be a great place instead of really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickDined on 8/1/2014Need more dining where the sunset is visablle. Need more tables in the bar.Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the Lido Beach Grille - Sarasota, FL reviews archive.
- JerryDined on 7/31/2014We enjoy dining at the grill very much. It would have been nice to have a table view of the ocean rather than back in the corner. We booked this sometime ago and next time will request a table view of the ocean. Otherwise it was lovely.Special Features:
- Great Dining Experience!MikeGDined on 7/30/2014This is our second time we have dined here on a special occasion, both have been great experiences. The setting and view is outstanding especially for a late dinner with the sun setting over Lido beach. The food is superb and the service is excellent. This has become our favorite dining restaurant for memorable occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good.. Couls be betterJBL0214Dined on 7/28/2014I understand there might be aime structural significance, but if they can lower the inner walls, the reataurant would have a better view. But overall, the food was really good.. The strawberey mojito was fantastic.. Carlos provided impeccable service.. Definitely would come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodjregensDined on 7/13/2014great service, great food. views. Our server was very attentive,Special Features:
- What an overrated resturanticarmagicVIPDined on 7/12/2014Maybe they take the summer off but this place was just awful. No valet parking, you have to walk through a 1970's bad holiday Inn, past a still, green motionless concrete river and then take a cargo elevator to the 8th floor. Not kidding, looks like a run down retirement home. Then, once in it's not bad, except the amazing view is from the bar not the restaurant. Food less than average, service ok and the drinks were poured very weak. Total waste of $100 and we won't be returning.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Was disappointed with the view from the dinning tables and ended up sitting at the high tops. It would have been great if the dinning area was redesigned to maximize the gulf view. The restaurants decor was great and the staff and food was great.Special Features:
- Great BrunchTransplantDined on 6/22/2014Great brunch at great location with super view on 8th floor of Lido Beach Resort. Can't wait for next visit!Special Features:
- Illusive LocationJXM1Dined on 6/15/2014Tried to find the Lido Beach Grille and Tiki Bar, and finally found it. We were first sent to the 18th floor which had a Father's Day Brunch only, and the directed us to the poolside Tiki Bar. Great burgers, great view and good service!Special Features:
- Lido Beach GrilleBostonJoe8260Dined on 5/10/2014My fiance and I were told to try this restaurant while we were on vacation in Sarasota, FL from a friend and we are very happy that we did! From the moment we stepped off the elevator on entered the Lido Beach Grille we were greeted and welcomed with open arms. Angelo was our waiter and he was very personable & charming. He had made recommendations on the special entree's of the evening and they came out fantastic. The food was incredible and the wine list made it easy to find a good pairing to go with our meals. The view from the restaurant is AMAZING!!! It overlooks Lido Beach and St. Armand's Circle. I would highly recommend this restaurant and that you go just before sunset so you can see the best view possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceABETTERWAYDined on 5/7/2014Often times highly rated food and drink can be overshadowed by less than desirable service. Don't settle - Lido Beach has the formula to deliver both. Will be back every time we visit Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views and great food!KarenVIPDined on 5/3/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious dinner and wonderful service at The Lido Beach Grille. The views of Lido Beach, St. Armand's Circle and downtown Sarasota are breathtaking. The sunset, even after a rainy day, turned out to be perfect! The seafood was fresh and the presentation was beautiful! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- Excellent!WendyVIPDined on 5/2/2014It's rare to find a restaurant with everything! A beautiful view, whether you are in the bar for cocktails watching the waves roll in or in the dining room facing the bay and beautiful sparkling skyline of downtown Sarasota. The food was amazing and the service top notch! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could Have Been....FoodieVIPDined on 4/27/2014I have never been to Sarasota before, so when I found out I was going to visit a church in Venice, I thought it would be a good idea to find somewhere nice for brunch and we chose the Lido Beach Grille knowing that you usually can't go wrong at a "Resort". We have a wonderful welcome and really great service , but the food was just okay. The reason why I say that is because the buffet looked amazing and the chefs were very friendly, but the hot dishes were less than room temperature (which was very disappointing because that's what we primarily came to enjoy). The ceasar salad, smoked salmon and the shrimp starters were delicious and the desserts were incredible as well. All wasn't lost and we had a very good time.Special Features: