101 W 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lidias-kc.com/
- Phone: 8162213722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm Bar Menu available daily 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Swinney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lidia's Restaurant
Lidia's features authentic, regional Italian cuisine. Every item at the restaurant is house-made, entirely from scratch, with the best ingredients available. Breads and desserts are baked in house daily and each salad and entree is prepared fresh. Every day Lidia's offer a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork & beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs, including gluten free items. Lidia's is located in the Historic Freighthouse, a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes 3 hand-blown chandeliers, a 3 story slate fireplace and cozy, New York style seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lidia's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard ›
Lidia's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (203)fit for foodies (171)romantic (124)notable wine list (110)good for groups (110)great for outdoor dining (74)neighborhood gem (71)great for brunch (59)great for lunch (55)scenic view (26)hot spot (23)kid-friendly (21)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (7)Show More
- good but not my best time thereckr1979Dined on 10/25/2014server was fantastic. ordered blood orange cosmo, which I have had many times before, but this one was so strong I could not finish it. could not even get halfway through it! went there for the boar ravioli, allowed the server to convince me to go with the pasta trio. bad plan, the pasta trio was so so so bland. ordered the lobster risotto balls as an app, they were perfect. wasn't a bad experience, just also wasn't my favorite. disappointing because this was my birthday dinner with my husband.
- LarsVIPDined on 10/25/2014What a beautiful space! We began with one of the best - and biggest - Ceasar salads we'd ever eaten. That was followed by the pasta special, which was a trio of different pastas served straight from the hot pans, all of which were great, but the chicken, pork and spinach stuffed ravioli stole the show. Then our server suggested an off-menu dessert that was fantastic, which brought a perfect meal to to a great end. We can't wait until the next visit.Special Features:
- Great food, great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our lunch. My mentor great we had a great experience. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I took the wife here for no other reason than to have a nice evening out. The complimentary bread and spreads where good. My wife loved the salad she had. She complained of the pasta trio being a little overwhelming on the garlic though. The steak I had was cooked medium as ordered and delecious. It was so smooth it was like butter. The highlight of the night was definitely the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not DineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Would not recommend Lidia's to anyone. I had the pasta trio and everything about it was awful. All three pasta dishes were cold when they arrived and none of them tasted good (and I love pasta). My husband ordered the quail, which was just okay. You would have thought it was going to be excellent. The squash and spinach it was served with was bland and totally unappetizing. The bread on the table was completely hard and bland as well. The only good thing about the place was the ambiance. We went here for our 5 year anniversary, will definitely not be back.Special Features:
- Brunch at Lidia'sSmittyDined on 10/19/2014This was our first time enjoying the Sunday brunch at Lidia's. The food was delicious and beautifully prepared. Our server was attentive but not overly so. You won't feel rushed to vacate your table. You'll start with a lovely basket of breads, then enjoy the antipasto table with salads, fruits, etc. After that you'll choose one of about 12 entree choices. The meal is finished at the dessert table. I had the pork chop and my husband had the lemon chicken. Our guest had the pasta trio (which is served at the table) and she was extremely pleased with the fresh pasta that "melted in her mouth." We highly recommend you try Lidia's - you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu a bit exoticDonnaDined on 10/18/2014Although I love Italian food, I had a hard time finding something I wanted to order on the Lidia's menu. And what I ordered wasn't as good as I expected. I was disappointed with the visit.Special Features:
- Outstanding but we didn't try pastaOohlyDined on 10/18/2014Grilled octopus was wonderful, salad was excellent, grilled salmon was very good. We did not try the pasta...and so we will be looking for an excuse to go back soon. It looks wonderful and much if not all is made on premises fresh. Amber is an outstanding waitress and her selection of a full bodied red was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulTopekaDinerDined on 10/17/2014From the outstanding wait staff to the delicious pasta and yummy dessert, Lidia's is a delight. The decor is inviting and service is unhurried. Don't overlook this gem tucked into Kansas City's Freight House District just north of Union Station.Special Features:
- AWESOME Find in Kansas CityScatchieDined on 10/14/2014I was here for a conference and was so excited to be at a Lidia's restaurant. I have all her cookbooks and enjoy her cooking programs. I was in heaven enjoying the restaurant! It exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Always a great experience!drummerDined on 10/13/2014Lidia's is always a great experience. The food is top notch. My wife had the pasta trio. I had the salmon. Both meals were excellent. The staff were very attentive and knowledgeable. This is a grown up place. Kids would not appreciate the ambiance or the exquisite food. No chicken fingers or crayons here. The dessert was one of the best I've had. It was a blackberry caramel crumble with ice cream. I look forward to every visit to Lidia's.Special Features:
- An Amazing ExperienceCC5472Dined on 10/12/2014My mother and I went to Lidia's for dinner after a Sunday performance at the Kauffman Center. The restaurant really continues her tradition of experimentation and creativity while retaining the culinary excellence that makes this style of Italian cuisine worth enjoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for BrunchLefthuntDined on 10/12/2014Love going to Lidia's for brunch. A bit pricey for an average Sunday, this is more of a special occasion restaurant. Only issue I had was the long line at the antipasta and dessert tables. Maybe consider setting up two stations?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad serviceltsexpressionsDined on 10/10/2014Unfortunately our service this visit was not up to the usual par of Lidia's, but our wait staff was also very busy with more tables that maybe they usually have.Special Features:
- The best everMeetmeinSTLDined on 10/10/2014Dining at Lidia's was remarkable. The food was delicious the wine divine. Dessert as they say was to die for. I highly recommend you trying Lidia's in KC>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A KC gemGenFJDDined on 10/10/2014Lidias is our favorite Kansas City restaurant. We live in St Louis, but whenever we are in KC for business or pleasure we make it a priority to fit in dinner there. The restaurant has a great ambiance and the staff is wonderful. The food is excellent but reasonably priced. My husband loved the pasta trio option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 5 CelebrationOnTheTracksDined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed dining at the round table near the large window, could see trains pull away on the tracks & night fall come. Dinner choices were Wed night special Beef Short Ribs on bed of mashed potatoes, absolutely delicious. Breaded pork chop was served, thick cut with topping of sweet apples, excellent choice for our white pork meat lover. The trio was the selection of the birthday person. He enjoyed the 3 varieties of pastas & service at the table from the hot skillets. Dessert was tiramisu which was delightful, delicate, flavorful & perfect. Cups of coffee were served after dinner, special selected coffee beans only for Lidia's from our local coffee company, The Roasterie. It was a delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/7/2014I have eaten many times at Lidia's...this time with a group of 12 other ladies. We all came from about 25 miles away and all had an excellent meal/time. If you haven't eaten here...put it on your bucket list.Special Features:
- Delicious!JoshDined on 10/7/2014We came here based upon my wife's love of Lidia's shows and cookbooks, and we're not disappointed. Great food and desserts, and the entire staff was friendly, knowledgeable, and hospitable. We did not try any of their wines, but the list was quite extensive (including wines from Lidia's family's Italian vineyard). Would visit again, and would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Brunch!MDC2014Dined on 10/5/2014Our brunch meal was delicious! We particulary enjoyed the Pasta Tasting entree. The beef tenderloin of the Bistecca entree was a tougher cut of meat than what I would expect but it did have a good flavor. The desserts focussing on blackberries was wonderful! We will definitely be back for dinner or brunch whenever we are in Kansas City. The wait staff was very pleasant, too. Thank you for a delicious meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!savoringthemomentDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I just enjoyed our second visit to Lidia's Restaurant in KC. In August we opted to be served on the patio. This time we dined indoors and it was lovely. Every aspect of the evening was totally enjoyable…the food, atmosphere, service. Our waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the food, wine, and even the upcoming renovations planned for the building! Can't wait to return with friends and family. Thank you, Lidia, for being in KC!!! We are so fortunate!Special Features:
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014My husband and I reserved a meal at Lidia's while on a short trip to KC. While everything on the menu looked amazing, we both chose the Pasta Trio. My husband added the Caesar salad. While you wouldn't think there would be much differences between one Caesar salad and another, he said it was probably the best he had. The Pasta Trio included a seasonal specialty, butternut squash ravioli with brown butter and almonds, which was incredible. It was paired with fettuccine in pesto sauce, and a shrimp with pasta in a spicy red sauce. The service was excellent and our waiter was very knowledgeable suggesting a wine pairing that worked well with our meal. Atmosphere was very nice, but I felt we were a bit close to the table next to us.Special Features:
- The Food NOTworkLidiasDiddlely0Dined on 10/2/2014"Not Up-to-Mustard Chef" is what the television show should be renamed. I love to watch Lidia's Italy cooking show and I like watching Joe Bastianich on television's MasterChef, but neither lived up to their boastful claims. I ordered the duck breast, my daughter and sister-in-law ordered the pasta trio and my brother ordered the heritage pork chop. My duck breast was chewy, the pork chop was under-cooked and only one flavor of the pasta trio dish was a soloist. All of our dishes were under-seasoned--- lacking any "wow" flavors. The food presentation looked like the "Wednesday Night Nothing Special". Yes, we did enjoy the lusciously delicious gelato and ice cream desserts. The Hostess was professional and wonderful-Oct.2. Waiters, ok.Special Features:
- steady dining experiencecasualdinerDined on 9/29/2014sounds a bit bland, but that's the thing with Lydia's, it's good time after time. Doesn't disappoint, and menu changes enough to be familiar yet present new choices.Special Features:
- You will enjoy eating hereandietomDined on 9/28/2014Lidia's is elegantly designed with exposed brick and contemporary accents. The wait staff is super. After sharing a nice antipasti, we both ordered the Signature dish, the Pasta Trio. Only one ordered the salad and dessert option-both large enough to share. The trio included chicken ravioli, fusilli pasta with red sauce, and linguini with garlic, shrimp, and butternut squash. The ravioli portion was exquisite; the linguini unique and tasty. The fusilli was rather ordinary with an almost bitter red sauce. Taste is subjective, so others may love it. We chose the chocolate mint bombe for dessert, and loved every bite. I wish at least one of us had chosen something else from the menu to get a true feel for the possibilities.Special Features:
- BillDined on 9/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant for Sunday Brunch. The antipasto table always has a wonderful selection. The service is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great dining experience!wineanddineDined on 9/27/2014I had not been to Lidia's for quite a while and wondered if the experience would still be the same. We had late reservations, but the service was excellent and the food very good. The grilled octopus has always been a favorite and I was happy that it is still delicious. It was an enjoyable night and I would recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lidia's in Kansas CityNissyannDined on 9/25/2014Our lunch experience at Lidia's in Kansas City was wonderful! The service, food, and atmosphere was tremendous! We would recommend this restaurant with a 5 star! We watch Lidia's cooking program on PBS and enjoy every minute. My husband's family (both sides) are Tuscan Italians and this was a treat for him to dine at Lidia's (mine too.) We have 3 of her books.Special Features:
- Always greatHojawettVIPDined on 9/24/2014Been many times and still my favorite place in Kansas CitySpecial Features:
- Joe65Dined on 9/24/2014As always great food and service-the special is a mix or dishes which allow for a variety of flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJoshm009Dined on 9/22/2014Get the pasta trio or the sirloin! Great service as well. Beautiful modern rustic interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lou2ieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Did not like the way you didn't have a choice on wines by the glass except for the house brand. When we inquired we could get others by the glass but didn't get a price. Ended up 2 glasses for $32.00, we would have gotten a bottle for that price. Food was bland too.
- Nice, but not great in a way!Plc1986Dined on 9/20/2014Let me be clear the experience at Lidia's is top notch! But it just lacks in some small way which detract from the experience. First, the place is noisy! I was in a party of 5 and felt like I was screaming or struggling to hear all night. No bueno! The desert was top freaking notch. The lidia trio scored a 2 out 3 all around the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavetDined on 9/20/2014Went for my Wife's birthday, there was a group of 6 of us, the watiress was excellent along with the food as always. Did not know there was an upstairs, we had been there 2 times before and was always downstairs. The upstairs was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raised expectationsfoodamateurDined on 9/20/2014I took my husband here for his birthday, which means we spent much more than we usually do for dinner. And, when you spend more you tend to expect more, especially from the chain of the esteemed Lidia Bastianich (her show and her son's palate and cooking ability are quite amazing). I ordered the pasta trio (their speciality), and my husband had the Saturday special herb roasted pork shoulder. Of course, when the food is anywhere from $20-35 per entree and Lidia Bastianich's name is on the restaurant, you have higher expectations. My husband said he loved his dish, but mine left much to be desired. The sweet potato ravioli was really good, but the other two pastas were just, like great for Olive Garden, but ok for here (boring).Special Features:
- Annual Birthday dinnerlisaDined on 9/17/2014We visited Lidia's this week for the second year in a row for my birthday. I loved the food just as much (pasta trio) and my husband had the braised short ribs which were so tender and flavorful. Megan was our server and she is the type of server you hope for at a special occasion dinner - attentive, but not overly, didn't miss a single step, very in tune with our needs. Wine list is so interesting - I love that they keep it true to the italian side - we had a very good sangiovese from the value list ($32) which was perfect for both entrees. Love the decor, and the restaurant is easy to get to from anywhere in the city.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionMPinKCDined on 9/14/2014Went there the first time for wedding anniversary. Service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Woo HooGoodTimeDinerDined on 9/13/2014This was everything I hoped for. Waited a long time to go to Lidias anywhere. Everyone from the greeters, waitstaff and bussers were terrific. A memorable first stop on our vacationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!willbegoingbackDined on 9/13/2014We have never been to this establishment before and I must say;Well worth it! Very beautiful inside and out the staff was very friendly from start to finish our waiter knew excatly what he was talking about which speaks volumes in my eyes. The food was beyond outstanding, we will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 9/13/2014We were seated at a small table for two across from the wait station. Loud, high activity, constant traffic past our table. Service was slow we were seated at 6:05 and barely made it to an 8:00 performance at Kauffman Center. The food was very good, but there was not enough room for everything on this small table! The temp. Of white wine should be maintained during the meal rather than setting exposed on the table. Again not enough room on this tiny table! The water boy reached across the table, to fill my water glass, and knocked the menu from my hands. Very rude, but provided a good laugh for his coworkers . They should know enough English to say Excuse Me!! Overall not a good experience!Special Features: