101 W 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lidias-kc.com/
- Phone: (816) 221-3722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm Bar Menu available daily 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Swinney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lidia's Restaurant
Lidia's features authentic, regional Italian cuisine. Every item at the restaurant is house-made, entirely from scratch, with the best ingredients available. Breads and desserts are baked in house daily and each salad and entree is prepared fresh. Every day Lidia's offer a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork & beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs, including gluten free items. Lidia's is located in the Historic Freighthouse, a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes 3 hand-blown chandeliers, a 3 story slate fireplace and cozy, New York style seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lidia's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard ›
Lidia's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
328 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (224)fit for foodies (188)romantic (144)good for groups (123)notable wine list (115)neighborhood gem (75)great for lunch (67)great for outdoor dining (59)great for brunch (59)hot spot (30)scenic view (27)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (12)vibrant bar scene (11)Show More
- Lovely dinner before the symphonyKCLindaVIPDined on 11/22/2014Four of us chose to dine at Lidia's before attending the symphony last Saturday evening. It had been some time since any of us had been there although we had all enjoyed dining there in the past. The food and service did not disappoint! We each had trouble selecting what we would order so each couple decided to share with each other. My husband and I chose Caesar salad to start and it was perfectly prepared. Sharing the salad was just the right amount. We then shared the wild boar ravioli and pollo limon which proved to be a perfect pairing. Both were delicious and perfectly prepared. Our friends had an equally delicious meal. I suspect anything we might have chosen would have yielded the same results. Service was attentive but not hovering. We will not wait so long again to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayAmericanoDined on 11/22/2014Took family there to celebrate a special birthday. Restaurant personnel knew ahead of time that was the occasion. There was a small place card on the table with the words Happy Birthday. Would have appreciated offering to celebrant some personal recognition from restaurant of the occasion, like a comp dessert, or piece of cake with Happy Birthday written in chocolate, a cookie-something. Otherwise, great food, wine and service. The location by the old Union Station with rail traffic leads to the ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adventurousdinerDined on 11/21/2014The food and service were outstanding. A top dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good menuMANYTIMESDined on 11/21/2014Many good choices, evan for those non carb folks. The quail was fantasticSpecial Features:
- Outstanding Flavors!RhinoVIPDined on 11/20/2014Our party of 4 each ordered a different entree. All of us rated the dishes a 10. Dinner service was excellent, however the service while we were sitting at the bar was below expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pasta!acesDined on 11/16/2014Excellent service, great presentation, staff definitely paid attention (I mentioned in our reservation we'd be coming from the opera, and both the hostess and the waitstaff picked up on that and asked about it). Pasta is made in house and served table side; we had the pasta trio and of the three, the ravioli with pork and spinach was my favorite (and reheated well!), the gemelli with puttanesca was my boyfriend's favorite. Definitely a great place for an evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food without the service to go with it.KCFoodieDined on 11/15/2014We made a reservation for 7:45 pm at Lidia's and were very excited to finally try this restaurant. We weren't seated until 8:05 pm and the tables were very close together. We got the usual service that is expected anywhere but nothing above and beyond. We had to ask to order drinks and were never checked on once we got our food. The food was good but not extraordinary for the price. I will not be returning to Lidia's.Special Features:
- First time aroundRickDined on 11/15/2014The best Italian dinner I have ever had, ever! I want come back after we save up a little. The noise level is very high but the food makes worth it. I sure hope we can come back to try other menu items and other wine selections. This restaurant, while worth every penny, is much higher in cost than what we would normallly spend. But this was a special occaison. We will be talking about our dinner for months to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous, as usual.JenBDined on 11/15/2014We went on Saturday early evening for my husbands birthday and the place was packed! We love to see that. Despite how busy it was, we were welcomed by our favorite waiter, Matthew, who took excellent care of us all evening. The pasta trio was delicious and we took our desert home, as we were too full to enjoy it. Thank you for a great evening! JenniferSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceQuincyDined on 11/15/2014I ran across this establishment by chance because it was close to the event I was attended later that night. It was a great experience. Plenty of wine to choose from and a great staff. We were well taken care of! The food was great and we had a great time. Thanks to everyone at Lidia's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect pre-Board Meeting MealTammyWDined on 11/14/2014Brought a group of 11. Food was excellent, most ordered the Pasta Trio. Service was okay and waitress came to both ends of the table to ensure everyone could hear and answer questions. The noise level was higher than expected and at a long table it was difficult to have conversations beyond the person right next to you or directly across the table. One of our board members is a true Italian and always has some trepidation about going to an "Italian" place. She stopped after our meeting on Saturday expressly to tell me how much she enjoyed our dinner and thanked me for choosing such a beautiful venue for our evening meal. What a nice compliment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet place for small group conversation.HeraclitusDined on 11/14/2014The food and ambiance are superb. Others can rave about these. What I found notable was that our group of five was seated at a roundtable and we could converse! The noise level was remarkably lower than other places we have convened. This just made all the difference!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Lunch Menu & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Perhaps my expectations were too high as I am a fan of Lidia and her show. The lunch menu was average. The server could not answer basic questions we had, nor did she go find out the answers. One of the people at our table ordered a dish without capers, but the server failed to mention the sauce had capers in it. She did not inform or guide our dining experience in the best direction.Special Features:
- perfect. perfect. perfect35thDined on 11/10/2014Everyone is treated as though they were the only one in the restaurant. Had a beautiful celebration. Thsnk you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItaliantriestaDined on 11/9/2014The best Northern Italian cooking in Kansas City, has great brunch and wonderful wine list and the best Dessert Chef in town.Special Features:
- Brunch at Lidia'sKCdinerDined on 11/9/2014Brunch at Lidia's was, as always, an awesome event. Took a friend from out of town who also enjoyed it very much. With the salad table to start, with so many choices and the many desserts. I like that they cut the dessert into postage stamp, pieces so you can sample everything. It would be impossible to leave hungry from Brunch at Lidia'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lasagna????MikeexperienceDined on 11/8/2014The lasagna was cold and the noodles were over done. Had to be sent back to be reheated.Special Features:
- Gluten FreeLocaldinerDined on 11/8/2014The restaurant has a good variety of gluten free options and the wait staff are quite knowledgeable. Will definitely return to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lidias' KitchenChristoffDined on 11/8/2014The food and the atmosphere were fantastic! We had the pleasure and opportunity to eat in the upstairs portion- WHAT A TREAT! The skyline was beautiful and the glass chandelier was pretty. The food was top notch. The price was also reasonable considering the authenticity of the food and the ingredients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In love with this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014From the Veal Sweetbreads, to the wild boar ravioli ... It was all amazing!! Dessert was so well balanced (forget what it was called but seeming an Italian spin on a s'more). I only wish I hadn't ordered salad so I could have eaten more pasta and dessert:) I cannot wait to go back and bring my whole family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wild Boar Ravioli is amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/7/2014The Wild Boar Ravioli is amazing, we get it almost every time. A little disappointed in the White wine that was recommended. Wanted something full body and had planned to go with the $30 bottle of Chardonnay on the menu under full body, but the waiter recommended the more expensive $40 Chardonnay bottle that turned out to be pretty average and not full body at all. Matt the waiter was great, although he seemed to be overly busy.Special Features:
- BratdayDined on 11/7/2014Wanted a special place for my friend's birthday. It was all wonderful from service to the complimentary dessert with a candle. Thanks for making her day special. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian the bestFood4funVIPDined on 11/6/2014Atmosphere is beautiful and romantic the service is good, and the best part is the delicious pasta! Just like being in ItalySpecial Features:
- DisappointesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2014Although we had a reservation for our large party, Lidias was unable to seat us until 15-20 muted late and not until we reduced our party size. The service was slow and the food rather disappointing. The dining room atmosphere is pleasant but it did not make up for the disappointing service and food.
- vibrant placeBhattaraDined on 11/5/2014Very good vibe. Great choice with the pasta trio. This is a lot of fun with many choices of flavorful pastaSpecial Features:
- Very poor serviceSenellDined on 11/3/2014Food was good but not outstanding. The service was awful. Waited 15 minutes for the first interaction with our waiter. He shows up and gives us water. We were ready to order drinks but before we could order a glass of wine, he walks away. 10 minutes later he comes back. I ordered the pasta trio. Two pastas were served but the third never showed up. We flagged down the waiter and told him we hadn't received the entire order. Instead of taking control and getting the order fulfilled he gets distracted. 10 minutes later we ask again. Final pasta arrived but we were done with dinner and I turned it down. This is my third time at Lidia's and I've been underwhelmed each time. I'll try many other restaurants in KC before ever returning.
- Classic Italian in contemporary settingDiana78VIPDined on 11/2/2014The ambience and food were memorable. I would highly recommend anyone traveling to KC to plan to dine at Lidia's. I visited during a business trip and it was a great location for my team to relax and have casual conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary BrunchDebbieGDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I were celebrating our 20th anniversary and chose Lidia's Sunday Brunch as a venue. Was absolutely wonderful--all we expected and more. The food is always special--never ordinary. The restaurant itself is beautiful and the staff are top of the line. You can tell the folks working there enjoy themselves which makes the whole experience all the more enjoyable for the diners. Was marvelous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice special occasion brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2014For brunch, the menu and service are wonderful. We had a very nice time. It's pricey, though, so we only go on very special occasions. But Lidia's is my mother's favorite restaurant, so it's worth the splurge when we have something to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceBillDined on 11/2/2014When we arrived for our reservation there was a problem with the table request, We were given our choice of the open tables with their deepest apology. After being seated the Manager came to our table and again apologized and made up for the inconvenience. I have always appreciated the great service at Lidia's but this was way beyond what would be expected. I cannot thank the management and staff enough for the fantastic service and show how much they appreciate their guests. A poor start was turned into a fantastic experience, I can not thank them enough. And of course, the food was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALL TIME FAVORITEfoodiefrostDined on 11/1/2014ALWAYS HAPPY TO EAT AT NY OF LIDIA'S RESTAURANT AND USE MANY OF HER RECIPES WHEN COOKING AT HOME. THANKS AGAIN FOR BEING IN K.C.Special Features:
- First timeFuturebride15Dined on 11/1/2014Great experience my fiancé and I took out parents for first time meeting and he atmosphere was perfect!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terriffic!DogMomDined on 11/1/2014My first time there but it will not be my last! I went with my Service Dog and they were wonderful! Our table was very close to the kitchen but I have to admit that it was the most comfortable place for my dog as he had room to be comfortable ( he's quite huge ). Our waiter was David and he was remarkable. Could not have asked for better. The food was superb! There were four of us and everyone was delighted. The only thing I can say that is in the least bit negative is that it was a bit noisy early in the evening. It resolved itself when the bar emptied and the tables starting filling. I loved this place and will be going back again and again ( and so will my Service Dog! )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must Visit in KCCoweatersDined on 11/1/2014We are long time fans of all things Lidia so when we came east to KC we knew we had to visit the restaurant. The food was very good, the place was crowded and noisy, but in a good way.Special Features:
- Kansas City VisitPhillyTrainmasterDined on 10/27/2014Had an early reservation which worked out great as by the time I was leaving the restaurant was full and the noise level, while not loud, had increased. My waiter, Andy, showed up promptly, explained the menu and the specials and made recommendations. He was attentive the whole evening but not annoyingly so. He was just there when he needed to be. Did the pasta tasting special and was delighted with the results. The pasta was excellent and the sauces/gravies divine. Was dining alone so there were no distractions and was able to pay complete attention to the food and really enjoy it. Great food at a reasonable cost!Special Features:
- good but not my best time thereckr1979Dined on 10/25/2014server was fantastic. ordered blood orange cosmo, which I have had many times before, but this one was so strong I could not finish it. could not even get halfway through it! went there for the boar ravioli, allowed the server to convince me to go with the pasta trio. bad plan, the pasta trio was so so so bland. ordered the lobster risotto balls as an app, they were perfect. wasn't a bad experience, just also wasn't my favorite. disappointing because this was my birthday dinner with my husband.
- LarsVIPDined on 10/25/2014What a beautiful space! We began with one of the best - and biggest - Ceasar salads we'd ever eaten. That was followed by the pasta special, which was a trio of different pastas served straight from the hot pans, all of which were great, but the chicken, pork and spinach stuffed ravioli stole the show. Then our server suggested an off-menu dessert that was fantastic, which brought a perfect meal to to a great end. We can't wait until the next visit.Special Features:
- Great food, great timeRie1Dined on 10/25/2014We enjoyed our lunch. My mentor great we had a great experience. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nightCoupleofkidsDined on 10/24/2014I took the wife here for no other reason than to have a nice evening out. The complimentary bread and spreads where good. My wife loved the salad she had. She complained of the pasta trio being a little overwhelming on the garlic though. The steak I had was cooked medium as ordered and delecious. It was so smooth it was like butter. The highlight of the night was definitely the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not DineFrequentFoodieDined on 10/24/2014Would not recommend Lidia's to anyone. I had the pasta trio and everything about it was awful. All three pasta dishes were cold when they arrived and none of them tasted good (and I love pasta). My husband ordered the quail, which was just okay. You would have thought it was going to be excellent. The squash and spinach it was served with was bland and totally unappetizing. The bread on the table was completely hard and bland as well. The only good thing about the place was the ambiance. We went here for our 5 year anniversary, will definitely not be back.Special Features: