101 W 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lidias-kc.com/
- Phone: 8162213722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm Bar Menu available daily 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Swinney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lidia's Restaurant
Lidia's features authentic, regional Italian cuisine. Every item at the restaurant is house-made, entirely from scratch, with the best ingredients available. Breads and desserts are baked in house daily and each salad and entree is prepared fresh. Every day Lidia's offer a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork & beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs, including gluten free items. Lidia's is located in the Historic Freighthouse, a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes 3 hand-blown chandeliers, a 3 story slate fireplace and cozy, New York style seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lidia's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard ›
Lidia's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
344 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (217)fit for foodies (171)romantic (137)good for groups (109)notable wine list (106)neighborhood gem (95)great for outdoor dining (85)great for brunch (72)great for lunch (71)scenic view (36)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- Such a GREAT birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I chose Lidia's for my birthday dinner and it was amazing. We had the Sunday brunch and were not disappointed with any of the food choices. I had the signature pasta dish and my husband chose the porkchop topped with peach mostarda accompanied by Fried potatoes. The Anti pasta and desert selections were so good. Our waitress was very nice and , since this was our first time at Lidia's, walked us through any questions we had. She knew the menu well. When she found that we were there because it was my birthday, she immediately brought out a luscious piece of cheesecake with cherry topping, Happy Birthday written in chocolate across the top of the plate, and a lit candle. This is a place that we will return to.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I'm typically not a picking diner. Although I expected a better experience. After finishing a disappointing crab fritter (very very little crab) fritters my family got to stare at our finished app plates for entirely too long. The food was good but not what I expected. Once we finished the entrees once again we got to stare at our finished plates entirely TOO LONG. Prior to dinner I was washed my hands. Bathroom was disgusting. Why is it that restaurants don't understand how a dirty bathroom effects the experience.
- Delightful dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014From the moment we arrived and were seated at a wonderful table, we had such a great time. Our waiter was delightful and most helpful. We had one guest who needed the gluten-free menu and he was very pleased with the number of choices that it provided including desserts. Everyone loved their delicious main courses and salads along with a great bottle of wine to add sparkle to the occasion. Every time we have dined at Lidia's we have been very pleased. The ambiance of the building is great fun, too.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!DougDined on 8/28/2014Amazing and accommodating service with even better food exclamationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osso buco food criticArshiaDined on 8/25/2014I picked Lidia's to try out their Osso Buco which turned out to me average. I wouldnt blame them for most part as their only mistake was the choice of meat. The best Osso Buco I have had has been made from Lamb and that brings in the right flavor and texture to the meat. I hope they can try to switch it to lamb and experience the difference. I loved the wine and the appetizers where something different (Good different). It was my friends birthday and we tried their cheese cake which was surprisingly good. My friend got a Garganelli Hand Rolled Quill Pasta with Spicy Wild Boar which was almost perfect if it wasnt for the little extra salt in it. Our overall meal was expensive for which I would have expected perfection.Special Features:
- lidia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food was very good my duck breast was nice and tender. Server poor ask him for something never bring it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta trioPicky4pastaDined on 8/23/2014While I enjoyed the pasta trio, 2 were much better than the other and I thought it was very expensive. I think the other dishes are better value. I don't usually have the trio and probably wouldn't again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a Pasta Paradise!FoodieBDined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit to Lydia's, and the food and service were excellent. In fact, the quality of service was so good, that I would have rated this restaurant high, even if the food had been mediocre. I hope that my wife and I have the occasion to meet our server - Wojo - again. We had the "Frico" as an appetizer - a wonderful fried cheese dish topped with a light salad that included spring greens and pickled onions. Amazing. I had the gluten-free spaghetti as an entree topped with a bolognese sauce on half, and a salsa cruda on the other half. Both were masterfully done. The bolognese sauce was on par with the sauce at Bella Napoli and Jasper's. And the salsa cruda ... tasted like the best of summers - heirloom tomato magic!Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch!ehorrellDined on 8/23/2014My family and I loved Lidia's. The service was great, the food was even better, and the restaurant is beautiful. Murano glass chandeliers dazzle the dining room. The weekend brunch is great, endless pasta, and desserts with an excellent wine list including value wines and high end. I would recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was very good. Joshua was our server and did quite well. We ordered the unlimited three pasta course. However they served our table one time and did not return until we notified our server. And even then only one of the pastas was brought to our table... Very disappointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service so bad it was laughable.OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/18/2014We no longer live in Kansas City but wanted to return to a classic KC restaurant. We did get a memorable dinner. However, it was memorable for the wrong reasons. We were ignored, spilled on, slopped on, and ignored some more. Our order was forgotten, our order was messed up, and at one point they thought they had taken our order when they had not but proceeded to tell us that "your dessert will be right out". The food was fine. We each ordered the house classic pasta trio meal. The pasta, which they serve tableside, was slopped onto our plates spilling onto the tablecloth while the server was looking at other things & talking to other waiters at the same time. It truly was comical. Simply the worst service I have had in a very long time.
- Our two cents worth…FirstTimersVIPDined on 8/18/2014We were visiting Kansas City and did a web search for the best Italian restaurant in the city. It was interesting to see how very divided online reviews are about this restaurant. People either seemed to love it or hate it. We enjoyed our meal very much and particularly appreciated the attentive and helpful server. The menu is not particularly kid friendly; this is a grown-up restaurant with grown up food. However, when we asked our server whether something could be prepared for our 10 year old son, she could not have been more friendly, accommodating, or helpful. Essentially, she allowed him to order pasta exactly the way he wanted it made. We really appreciated this. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysHappyDinerDined on 8/17/2014The service was great. The food was excellent. The bruschetta was delicious. And the pasta trio, as always, is a must have for us.Special Features:
- deniseVIPDined on 8/17/2014Excellent food & service. One of our favorite restaurants.
- The Best: Lidia's Pasta Trio!JimmyMacVIPDined on 8/15/2014Get yourself to Kansas City and then get right over to Lidia's and order the Lidia's Pasta Trio. They call it their signature dish and its aptly named. We arrived at Lidia's in KC after a long drive (from Denver.) We were nicely greeted by host who kindly listened to my request for a table well within the restaurant. Our server was excellent describing the three different pasta's that made up Lidia's Pasta Trio that night. My favorite was the pestos ravioli - you can ask for seconds and thirds and fourths on this pasta special - I only had room for a 2nd helping of the ravioli. The penne with shrimp and linguini were also excellent! This pasta special comes with a Caesar Salad and dessert! A great value and very good food. 6 stars!Special Features:
- WineNdineDined on 8/11/2014Excellent service and food. A bit pricy but worth it for a special occasion or romantic dinner for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodErinlDined on 8/11/2014We truly enjoyed our dinner. I enjoyed the pasta trio and my husband had osso bucco. Good list of value wines for $32/bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table Of 6OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Had a great time at the location and great meal. Ordered the Pasta trio after our server explained to us how that worked. It was a great deal when pairing it with the Caeser salad and Dessert. My only complaint was that the Caeser salad that came did NOT look like other Caeser salads we saw going to tables. It had pretty limp Romaine.. Brown.. but the cheese and dressing was really good.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014The "Trio" "signature" three pasta dish was bland. Each of them bland. Good cesar salad and service though. And beautiful room.
- JALreviewDined on 8/9/2014Our experience was wonderful. It was our anniversary and I booked through open table and asked for specific things and they were ready for us when we arrived. We had a private table, an incredible waitress (Liz), and they surprised us with an anniversary dessert of peach sorbet and had written Happy Anniversary on the plate in chocolate. My wife was SO impressed. We will be making this a custom for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaniCDined on 8/8/2014Excellent on every visit. Lidia's never disappoints. We live in AZ so we have to arrange trips here to enjoy this wonderful restaurant but it is well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Delicious dinnerscollins799Dined on 8/8/2014Our dinner was delicious as it has been every time. This is my husband's choice every year to celebrate his birthday. My husband loves the pasta. I tried the salmon this time and it was amazing! Our server was Andy- and he was GREAT- a nice and tell it to you real type of guy. The food and wine came out fast! Food and Service overall was AMAZING!!!Special Features:
- Never disappointedLesVDined on 8/7/2014I'm in Kansas City for a meeting 3-4 times a year and always have dinner at Lidia's. I've never been disappointed in the quality of our food and the service we receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheresawDined on 8/7/2014We attend a conference in Kansas City each August and Lidia's is always on our agenda. We often come as a large group and love the tasting menu. We were just there this past week and it did not disappoint. Always delicious from start to finish. Our server was also fantastic. Highly recommend and look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Lidia FanshortcakeDined on 8/7/2014We had not been to Lidia's & had no expectations, except we are avid fans of her show & cookbooks. We were greeted with friendly smiles from ALL the staff. Our menu questions were answered graciously & service was prompt & outstanding. Pasta Trio was amazingly good & fresh tasting, as were the salads & breads. Portion size was "just right". The anniversary cake on a beautifully decorated plate finished off our very special meal. The staff was knowledgeable about the unique decorations & art work on display. We felt very comfortable & so did other diners around us. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lidia'sWIFoodieDined on 8/6/2014The food was good, but not worth the prices. Our server was very nice, but we rarely saw her. There are a lot of better restaurants in Kansas City than this one.
- What happened?KateinKCDined on 8/3/2014We routinely choose Lidia's for special occasions. On our last visit, unlike all the other visits, although the food was "good", there was nothing extraordinary about the pasta sampler selections for that brunch. Fruit and cheese ravioli was tasteless, spotlighting neither the peach, nor the cheese. Alfredo linquini was also very bland and the flavor of the extremely small amount of sausage was lost. Pasta with heirloom tomatoes was pleasant and "good". My husband's osso buco was very good, as was my son's choice of the lamb. The best item on the dessert table was the tiny peanut butter cookie. The rest mostly lacked the character we have come to expect of Lidia's table. (My son won't eat the tiramisu, as it is NOT Garazzos!) "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Last minute reservation - got right in. Server was nice to begin but when we asked to split a dinner she became VERY curt. We each ordered salads and an expensive bottle of wine. Will go back but will make sure we don't get the same server. Table next to us laughed and agreed with our assessment.Special Features:
- Good, but maybe not up to the hype.SPDinerDined on 8/2/2014Reviews I read were to generous. Wait staff friendly, but not there when we needed them. Food was good, but not great. Noise level better than last time, but not as many diners either. I did like the desert. Probably would go back, but would look somewhere else for a two person special event dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToughanddryDined on 8/2/2014Service was very good! Bravo! Food was not up to my expectations, Osso Buco was dry and lacked the "sauce" normally associated with the dish. No salt at the table?? Had to request it, finally brough some from the kitchen with a spoon in the dish to apply. "Tacky". We had a party of 4) and all had something different. Most agreed the pasta dishes except the "spinich noodles and sausage" lacked flavor and were tough. Deserts were excellent! As was the wine. However; for $250+ I would have anticipated better quality product. I brought out of town guests to this establishment and felt I should have taken them somewhere else to dine.Special Features:
- Another fantastic dinner at Lidia'svegfoodieDined on 8/2/2014Lidia's offers such an extraordinary dining experience - we're always sure to include it on the itinerary when we go to Kansas City for a girl's weekend. I'm a veg, and our servers invariably suggest a menu "tweaking" to accommodate my quirks.... and the custom made dish is always so delicious! Every aspect of a dining experience at Lidia's is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibesunshineDined on 8/1/2014We met for a friend's birthday. Although parking was awful (due to First Friday traffic) once we were all seated, it was a great evening. Lidia's has a very nice value wines list, making it affordable to taste several different wines during the meal. The weather was pleasant and they had the doors open to the patio; so nice! We look forward to dining here again soon.Special Features:
- PerfectUncommondinerDined on 8/1/2014My wife and i spent our 5th anniversary at lidias and dont regret a second. My wife is 18 weeks along with our second child so we wanted a calm relaxing night. Joshua was our sever and was amazing. From his advice on apps to entres he was spot on. They did the small special things that make an evening memorable like greating us with champagne ( sprite for my wife), and providing desert. We will definitely go again and recommend others do as well. My wife loved the pasta trio and my ribeye was perfect. Thanks you lidias for a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent restaurantAndreaVIPDined on 7/31/2014I've gone here maybe about 8x ever, and it seems to be getting worse. Service was terrible. 3 tables that sat after us got greeted prior to us. My boyfriend's water sat empty a lot. I almost always order the pasta trio, and while before it seemed like all were always great. I've found that the last 3x, only one (the ravioli) was ever actually good. I will say that they bought my dessert since it was my birthday, and that was awesome. I chose the pavlova and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Outstanding on every levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Dinner was superb, service was amazing, and everything was timed perfectly. Our server was very attentive, but not overbearing. He did an excellent job and was very knowledgeable. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- tiny art dishes, not rustic recipesjennDined on 7/29/2014After watching lidia cook for years on Pbs I was disapointed. The ceaser salad was wonderful, but the quail was overcooked and the polenta was over salty. Maybe i just picked a bad menu item and something else would have matched what i was expecting. I was also expecting regular food portions, but was disapointed by the 5 star tiny bits of art that came out on large plates. I think more photos of the food on the website would have been helpful. I would have known to expect fancy frilly food not the old classic recipes and serving styles i was expecting after watching lidia cook on tv.
- Great FoodChadDined on 7/28/2014As always, Lidia's exceeded expectations. The food is amazing and great for those foodies out there. All home made pasta with high quality ingredients.Special Features:
- luv2dineinKCDined on 7/27/2014A trip to KC would never be complete without at least one meal at Lidia"s. We had brunch there on a Sunday morning & it was really special. Started with incredible bread & appetizers which were good but not great & then to our first course. Both my husband & I had there octopus salad which isn't available anywhere but Lidia's & is something I dream about. All of their main dishes are marvelous. And if room is still available, check out the dessert table which is wonderful. All in all a trip to Lidia's is unforgettable.Special Features:
- wineNdineDined on 7/26/2014The food and service were amazing! Pasta was cooked to perfection, drinks were great, and dessert was unique and delicious. The only thing we would have liked to see change was the proximity of the other tables. We were dining for our anniversary and it would have been more romantic to have more privacy than was offered because there was not even enough space to fit between our table and the one next to us. But everything else was fantastic so we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PVFoodyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Busy and loud on a Saturday night. The three of us were seated right away at a round table that would seat six. We waited a while for our server. She was working a table of 12. The manager came and took our order. We love the food but not the noise and lack of service Saturday night brings.I would recommend this to a friend.