101 W 22nd Street
Kansas City, MO 64108Neighborhood:
Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lidias-kc.com/
- Phone: 8162213722
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Weekend Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm Bar Menu available daily 2:00 - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Swinney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Lidia's Restaurant
Lidia's features authentic, regional Italian cuisine. Every item at the restaurant is house-made, entirely from scratch, with the best ingredients available. Breads and desserts are baked in house daily and each salad and entree is prepared fresh. Every day Lidia's offer a sampling of seasonal, daily-made pastas. We also feature many seafood, chicken, pork & beef options. We are happy to accommodate your dietary needs, including gluten free items. Lidia's is located in the Historic Freighthouse, a beautiful 19th century building. The stunning decor includes 3 hand-blown chandeliers, a 3 story slate fireplace and cozy, New York style seating.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Lidia's Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Crossroads / Freight District / Boulevard ›
Lidia's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
338 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (219)fit for foodies (173)romantic (135)good for groups (115)notable wine list (112)great for outdoor dining (89)neighborhood gem (88)great for lunch (68)great for brunch (66)scenic view (35)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (20)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (6)Show More
- BillDined on 9/28/2014This is my favorite restaurant for Sunday Brunch. The antipasto table always has a wonderful selection. The service is top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a great dining experience!wineanddineDined on 9/27/2014I had not been to Lidia's for quite a while and wondered if the experience would still be the same. We had late reservations, but the service was excellent and the food very good. The grilled octopus has always been a favorite and I was happy that it is still delicious. It was an enjoyable night and I would recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lidia's in Kansas CityNissyannDined on 9/25/2014Our lunch experience at Lidia's in Kansas City was wonderful! The service, food, and atmosphere was tremendous! We would recommend this restaurant with a 5 star! We watch Lidia's cooking program on PBS and enjoy every minute. My husband's family (both sides) are Tuscan Italians and this was a treat for him to dine at Lidia's (mine too.) We have 3 of her books.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/24/2014As always great food and service-the special is a mix or dishes which allow for a variety of flavorsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJoshm009Dined on 9/22/2014Get the pasta trio or the sirloin! Great service as well. Beautiful modern rustic interior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lou2ieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Did not like the way you didn't have a choice on wines by the glass except for the house brand. When we inquired we could get others by the glass but didn't get a price. Ended up 2 glasses for $32.00, we would have gotten a bottle for that price. Food was bland too.
- Nice, but not great in a way!Plc1986Dined on 9/20/2014Let me be clear the experience at Lidia's is top notch! But it just lacks in some small way which detract from the experience. First, the place is noisy! I was in a party of 5 and felt like I was screaming or struggling to hear all night. No bueno! The desert was top freaking notch. The lidia trio scored a 2 out 3 all around the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavetDined on 9/20/2014Went for my Wife's birthday, there was a group of 6 of us, the watiress was excellent along with the food as always. Did not know there was an upstairs, we had been there 2 times before and was always downstairs. The upstairs was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Raised expectationsfoodamateurDined on 9/20/2014I took my husband here for his birthday, which means we spent much more than we usually do for dinner. And, when you spend more you tend to expect more, especially from the chain of the esteemed Lidia Bastianich (her show and her son's palate and cooking ability are quite amazing). I ordered the pasta trio (their speciality), and my husband had the Saturday special herb roasted pork shoulder. Of course, when the food is anywhere from $20-35 per entree and Lidia Bastianich's name is on the restaurant, you have higher expectations. My husband said he loved his dish, but mine left much to be desired. The sweet potato ravioli was really good, but the other two pastas were just, like great for Olive Garden, but ok for here (boring).Special Features:
- Annual Birthday dinnerlisaDined on 9/17/2014We visited Lidia's this week for the second year in a row for my birthday. I loved the food just as much (pasta trio) and my husband had the braised short ribs which were so tender and flavorful. Megan was our server and she is the type of server you hope for at a special occasion dinner - attentive, but not overly, didn't miss a single step, very in tune with our needs. Wine list is so interesting - I love that they keep it true to the italian side - we had a very good sangiovese from the value list ($32) which was perfect for both entrees. Love the decor, and the restaurant is easy to get to from anywhere in the city.Special Features:
- Great for special occasionMPinKCDined on 9/14/2014Went there the first time for wedding anniversary. Service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Woo HooGoodTimeDinerDined on 9/13/2014This was everything I hoped for. Waited a long time to go to Lidias anywhere. Everyone from the greeters, waitstaff and bussers were terrific. A memorable first stop on our vacationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!willbegoingbackDined on 9/13/2014We have never been to this establishment before and I must say;Well worth it! Very beautiful inside and out the staff was very friendly from start to finish our waiter knew excatly what he was talking about which speaks volumes in my eyes. The food was beyond outstanding, we will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickDined on 9/13/2014We were seated at a small table for two across from the wait station. Loud, high activity, constant traffic past our table. Service was slow we were seated at 6:05 and barely made it to an 8:00 performance at Kauffman Center. The food was very good, but there was not enough room for everything on this small table! The temp. Of white wine should be maintained during the meal rather than setting exposed on the table. Again not enough room on this tiny table! The water boy reached across the table, to fill my water glass, and knocked the menu from my hands. Very rude, but provided a good laugh for his coworkers . They should know enough English to say Excuse Me!! Overall not a good experience!Special Features:
- great foodfamilyof6Dined on 9/13/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the food! Service was okay. Our server was great... But each part of dinner seemed to take just a bit too long...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalJenBDined on 9/13/2014Dinner and the service were exceptional. We enjoyed a pasta trio with Cesar salad and dessert. Always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as always...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Lidia's is my wife's favorite restaurant in Kansas City. We go for all special occasions - her birthday and our anniversary. Saturday's visit was on-par with our previous experiences - excellent as always.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphererabbideskinDined on 9/13/2014The food and atmosphere where excellent. Loved the antipasto and dessert bars. We were there at lunch and the service was not so good, which was quickly rectified by the manager. Will definately go back!Special Features:
- Excellent FindsouzjoDined on 9/12/2014Was very impressed with Lidia's... although not located in an area of KC that one would expect to find a trendy, upscale restaurant, that is exactly what Lidia's is; excellent food, great service, and classy ambiance. The food represented a good mix of traditional Italian cooking infused with touches of the unexpected. The suggested wine pairings were also spot-on. I found the service to be very good, as well. Although we were there early and the restaurant was not very busy when we arrived, the service did not suffer after the tables started filling up. We appreciated the time the staff took to make us feel comfortable, and Lidia's will certainly be a regular stop when in KC.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceLvGrtFoodDined on 9/10/2014We celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary and felt special from our arrival at a special table. Meghan took great care of us with a special glass of Champagne to start. Our dinners (Osso Bucco & Pasta Trio) were excellent. We were also presented with a special dessert with Happy 50th Anniversary written on the plate. They even took a photo for us.Special Features:
- Higher quality placeRachelDined on 9/9/2014We went here to try Lidia's food because we watch her show on PBS and wanted to know if authentic Italian is a style we should cook with. Even though we are the t-shirt and jeans kind of people, it seemed like a casual dress kind of place, but no one said anything about how we were dressed. Our server was very polite, helpful, pleasant, she checked up on us often. The courses didn't take too long in between, our steak was very high quality (at medium rare, it was the second best steak I've ever had- should have ordered it rare), and everything tasted great. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. Do check out the prices online before you go, it is somewhat expensive. But they change up their dishes to keep things fresh.Special Features:
- Kansas CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Good place to eat at Crown Center. Pasta selection was good. Great AtmosphereSpecial Features:
- Great ItaliantriestaDined on 9/7/2014Best Italian in Kansas City. The wine and food and staff are great, good service and beautiful restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent.SteakLoverVIPDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I have been to Lidia's a number of times, but this was the first in some time. We were very pleased that everything was still excellent. It is a great dinner experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service glitchJBS9Dined on 9/6/2014After informing our server that we were on a time schedule in order to attend a theater performance she began by helping us sort out the faster preparation items on the menu. From that point her attentiveness to our time concern was pretty much forgotten. The food arrived in good order and was delicious, however, we had to wait and wait for our bill which was inaccurate. Then more waiting for resolution of the bill with what seemed to be little concern from our server. We left unhappy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014Lidia's never disappoints. Brought an out-of-town visitor and she liked it so we'll we returned for Saturday brunch.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014I noted our anniversary in the comment section when I made the reservation. We arrived and gave our name, we were immediately greeted by our hostess with "Happy Anniversary!" Our waiter came to the table & greeted us with "Happy Anniversary!". Our dessert was brought with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate in chocolate. We had our 17 month old with us, they gave her pasta trio even though we did not order any food for her. The customer service was OUTSTANDING & the food was INCREDIBLE. If you're looking for a quiet, romantic evening, this is NOT the right place. The atmosphere is great, but it is very loud and bustling. If you want something intimate/quiet, choose somewhere else. Otherwise, COME HERE!!!!Special Features:
- Good-Not Great.Back2theCityDined on 9/5/2014I attended Lidia Kansas City's grand opening event - and it was phenomenal. So, my comparison on this, my second visit, was to that. We drove over an hour to dine at Lidia's for my birthday and overall it was enjoyable. However, it really was too noisy (not energetic) to carry on a conversation. One seat of our table was in a walk-way and there was constant restaurant traffic around our table. The service was superior! The desserts were fabulous. The Pasta Trio as the main course was anti-climatic and I wonder if Joe wouldn't consider the ravioli under-stuffed. The prices were higher than anticipated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointed here!DavisfamDined on 9/2/2014We really enjoy this part of town and Lidia's is an amazing part of the downtown experience. Incredible food, wonderful beverages and try to save room for dessert! It's both a romantic spot to have a quiet time together as well as comfortable for a business lunch or dinner and agreeable for children, too. The service will not leave you wanting for anything but also not be intrusive, either. Our latest trip was for lunch while family was visiting from Toronto. What a treat! Most of our party enjoyed the Pasta Trio - three special pastas of the day, all you care to eat. It was a wonderful way to enjoy many of the different offerings. Set in a former freight house, stunning light fixtures and food that you can't get anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencePSPJDined on 9/1/2014Outstanding food and service! Our server, Joshua made sure our evening was a complete success. We will definetely return to Lydia's on our next visit to KC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at it's finestromanceawaitsDined on 8/31/2014We were craving Italian on our final night in Kansas City and this was right across the street. We asked several people in the area where they recommended and surprisingly enough no one we talked to had ever eaten here. Well I can guarantee you they will now. The pasta is made fresh every morning and they use only the finest fresh ingredients. For something simple (like we did) try the cannelloni. Or for something more adventurous ask about their daily specials. We played it safe since we couldn't take leftovers with us so we just shared the cannelloni and opted for dessert. OMG! Talk about heaven. The oat and blackberry ice cream with blackberry caramel. You just have to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a GREAT birthdaynursrose3Dined on 8/31/2014I chose Lidia's for my birthday dinner and it was amazing. We had the Sunday brunch and were not disappointed with any of the food choices. I had the signature pasta dish and my husband chose the porkchop topped with peach mostarda accompanied by Fried potatoes. The Anti pasta and desert selections were so good. Our waitress was very nice and , since this was our first time at Lidia's, walked us through any questions we had. She knew the menu well. When she found that we were there because it was my birthday, she immediately brought out a luscious piece of cheesecake with cherry topping, Happy Birthday written in chocolate across the top of the plate, and a lit candle. This is a place that we will return to.Special Features:
- DisappointedWasHopingForBetterDined on 8/30/2014I'm typically not a picking diner. Although I expected a better experience. After finishing a disappointing crab fritter (very very little crab) fritters my family got to stare at our finished app plates for entirely too long. The food was good but not what I expected. Once we finished the entrees once again we got to stare at our finished plates entirely TOO LONG. Prior to dinner I was washed my hands. Bathroom was disgusting. Why is it that restaurants don't understand how a dirty bathroom effects the experience.
- Delightful dinner.singforyoursupperDined on 8/30/2014From the moment we arrived and were seated at a wonderful table, we had such a great time. Our waiter was delightful and most helpful. We had one guest who needed the gluten-free menu and he was very pleased with the number of choices that it provided including desserts. Everyone loved their delicious main courses and salads along with a great bottle of wine to add sparkle to the occasion. Every time we have dined at Lidia's we have been very pleased. The ambiance of the building is great fun, too.Special Features:
- DELICIOUS!!DougDined on 8/28/2014Amazing and accommodating service with even better food exclamationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- osso buco food criticArshiaDined on 8/25/2014I picked Lidia's to try out their Osso Buco which turned out to me average. I wouldnt blame them for most part as their only mistake was the choice of meat. The best Osso Buco I have had has been made from Lamb and that brings in the right flavor and texture to the meat. I hope they can try to switch it to lamb and experience the difference. I loved the wine and the appetizers where something different (Good different). It was my friends birthday and we tried their cheese cake which was surprisingly good. My friend got a Garganelli Hand Rolled Quill Pasta with Spicy Wild Boar which was almost perfect if it wasnt for the little extra salt in it. Our overall meal was expensive for which I would have expected perfection.Special Features:
- lidia'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Food was very good my duck breast was nice and tender. Server poor ask him for something never bring it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta trioPicky4pastaDined on 8/23/2014While I enjoyed the pasta trio, 2 were much better than the other and I thought it was very expensive. I think the other dishes are better value. I don't usually have the trio and probably wouldn't again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but Loft area was loudTracyInKCDined on 8/23/2014We were a group of 6 ladies dining on a Saturday night seated in the upstairs Loft area. It was EXTREMELY loud. I had a difficult time hearing people on the other side of the round table (distracting from such a beautiful room). The centerpiece was a tall/thin flower arrangement which made seeing my dining companions difficult no matter where we placed it. The food was exquisite. The pasta trio was great. Mom had the salmon with corn and zucchini and LOVED every bite. The 3 stars for Service was because the server serving the raviolis spilled the boiling hot sauce walking so fast all over my aunt's chair. Thank goodness she went to the restroom or she would have been badly burned. Take more care walking with a pan of hot food.Special Features:
- More than a Pasta Paradise!FoodieBDined on 8/23/2014This was my first visit to Lydia's, and the food and service were excellent. In fact, the quality of service was so good, that I would have rated this restaurant high, even if the food had been mediocre. I hope that my wife and I have the occasion to meet our server - Wojo - again. We had the "Frico" as an appetizer - a wonderful fried cheese dish topped with a light salad that included spring greens and pickled onions. Amazing. I had the gluten-free spaghetti as an entree topped with a bolognese sauce on half, and a salsa cruda on the other half. Both were masterfully done. The bolognese sauce was on par with the sauce at Bella Napoli and Jasper's. And the salsa cruda ... tasted like the best of summers - heirloom tomato magic!Special Features: