1030 North Black Horse Pike
Williamstown, NJ 08094Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://libraryiv.com/
- Phone: (856) 728-8064
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday 3:00pm -10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Martin Hanmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two lovely rooms. Back room accommodates up to 45 guests. Our Sunroom can accommodate up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian O'Keeney 8567288064
- Entertainment: Music in the lounge and bar Friday and Saturday.
A word from Library IV
The Library IV is an independently owned restaurant that has been serving the best steaks, and seafood in the area for the last 30 years.The atmosphere is casual and comfortableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Library IV reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (31)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (16)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)Show More
- FoodrainbowfoodiefrenzyDined on 11/24/2014The honey glazed salmon was impeccable the side dishes could use some finessing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Seating with a ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/23/2014We eat here often but this may change. We are tired of being put into small seating tables that will not fit a salad and dinner plate on the table at the same time. Always make reservations ahead of time and still bad seating even when other tables are open. Host gave us a hard time about moving and told us to sit in open seats at bar area? We had to go ask for a waitress. Never again.
- Always a treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014It is always a special treat when I dine at the Library IV. Everything is always great and delicious. The Library II is closer to me, but I always make this one the special destination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsDandADined on 11/15/2014Place was packed when we got there at 7:30 on a Saturday night, but our group of 4 sat down at a nice table after 5 minutes with our OpenTable reservation. We weren't rushed and enjoyed a well made cocktail before ordering dinner. Salad bar was fresh with a good variety of veggies, prepared salads, breads and cheeses. I enjoyed the filet mignon and my wife liked her tilapia stuffed with big lumps of crabmeat. She grew up in MD and knows good crab. Our friends also had seafood and both dishes were good. The only low point was the calamari appetizer that was over cooked and rubbery. My wife doesn't see well and was concerned that it would be dark like other Library xx restaurants, but the lighting was good. Noise level was moderate and we were able to talk to each other easily. Overall we had a great evening and are looking foward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome year after yearJoe041684Dined on 11/7/2014As a Library IV customer for over 30 years I will tell you that the food, service and atmosphere is just awesome. I recommend this establishment to everyone.Special Features:
- Upchargepoppins1021Dined on 11/7/2014On Friday night we were celebrating 32 years of marriage and our children gave us a dinner at the Library IV in Williamstown. We were seated and because our waitress was watching a table of six leave so she could dive in for her tip, we were ignored. We then asked when our apps came out (which came out when we were only a 1/3 into our salad) if they could take their time with our entrees. Well we then waited and waited for dinner. I questioned our waitress on the charge of the french fries do to the fact my husband did not want a baked potato or likes rice. I was told it was an upcharge. A $1.95 upcharge....really? I even ordered dessert to take home to our children and they didn't include the whip creme!!!Really????Special Features:
- ANOTHER NIGHT AT THE LIBRARYeatoutqueenVIPDined on 11/1/2014This has become our go to spot for dinner. The salad bar is fantastic! The food is very good. This time I tried the Chicken Oscar and was not disappointed. My husband had the filet which was tender enough to cut with his fork. Our waitress was terrific. All in all another good experience.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Came for my moms 60th bday. The waitresses were great and came out singing with her cake that we brought from home. My mom was super excited and said it was one of the best meals she ever had. Absolutely love the salad bar!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mariaDined on 10/25/2014Always a wonderful experience.The food is consistent. The wait staff is experienced, cordial and accommodating.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!SongbirddeeDined on 10/23/2014We can always depend on Library IV for an excellent meal. The food is always cooked to perfection and served at the proper temperature.Special Features:
- Number OneMichael56Dined on 10/18/2014I always enjoy my visit, from the wait staff to the chefs, everyone is so very pleasant and friendly. When you first enter the greeters always have a smile and are very pleasant . The food is always excellent! I could close my eyes and pick from the menu, everything is always fresh and seasoned/ then cooked to perfection. It is my number one spot in the Delaware Valley. I always end up taking home a portion because they are so big. Keep up the excellent work !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOrl555Dined on 10/18/2014Always one of my favorite places with the best goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NancyDined on 10/17/2014We have been going to this Library for 28 yrs when we moved down here. We have watched the restaurant grow and evolve over the years. We enjoy dining there and recommend it to everyone we know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteMrsOronzi620Dined on 10/5/2014This is one of my favorite local restaurants! I love this place, great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD AS ALWAYSeatoutqueenVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The salad bar is excellent. The food is excellent as is the service.Special Features:
- LuvbucketsDined on 9/18/2014Great food, atmosphere and a little Sinatra! Perfect! What else is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Mealluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014Our meal on Saturday was excellent. We always go to the Library with our children and grand children for birthdays and holidays and have a great experience. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The filet mignon was the star of the show, as usual, and service beyond compare. We plan to keep coming back for our family get togethers.Special Features:
- LoganberryDined on 9/6/2014Library IV was great, as usual. Filet mignon cooked perfectly as ordered, salad bar fresh and appealing, service excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Our waiter Dan was great as was our bartender, also named Dan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Library IV is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2014There are complaints from patrons who think the restaurant is "dated" and "dark" but that's the charm of the place! It's called "Library" because it's a steak house that is reminiscent of an old dark wood and leather and cigar library. That's its theme and it's perfect! The food was really great. From a long-time, pre-Food Network foodie transplanted to Manhattan from Pine Hill, The Library IV can hold its own against some of the NYC greats like 21 Club, Smith and Wollensky, and Delmonico. I dine weekly at Morton's and the food at Library IV is right on par! The service staff is great too. Our waitress (Jeannie?) was spot-on and didn't miss a beat! Our martinis were perfect and we were given a fantastic recommendation for a Cabernet.Special Features:
- RichDined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 4 who ordered two Filets and two prime ribs, all cooked differently. We were all completely satisfied with our meals. We will be revisiting Library IV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ellieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoy dinner for ourselves & with family & friends. I think the salad Bar could be improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is the 4th or 5th time at this restaurant. The inside needs a major change. Very dark and dirty. At 5:00 pm only a dozen parties in the restaurant. Salad bar was in bad shape. Many items not stocked or very low. Dressings almost gone. Bread very little or small choice. I ordered a 12 oz. filet medium and what I got I could not finish. It was "burnt"! Very well done. I am use to a filet being 2-3 inches thick. This was less than 1 inch. All of my other visits had been great but this one was terrible. Told waitress who did offer to have it recooked but I did not want to wait since the rest of my group had received their entrees. Honestly I will not go back again
- ExcellentDebricnDined on 8/22/2014We frequent The Library IV often and we are never disappointed in the food, drinks or service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Best place to get a great steak. A nice variety of breads to select from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingBarbLDined on 8/10/2014We sat down, waitress got our water and then disappeared. Never told us to take the blank check to the window and order our meal. Sat there for quite a bit. Had to call another waitress over to take our beer/wine order who then told us we could go ahead and order. The chief at the window was cutting meat with no apron, I thought to myself "hope he washes his hands before he cooks". Food was ok; nothing to rave about. The outside was renovated, but I couldn't see any improvements inside. Same old "Early American" tables. They definitely need to step it up. Not planning to go back.
- Not worth the moneyfoodieDined on 8/1/2014I was disappointed by the food. My filet was overcooked and the sweet potato fries were soggy. I would compare it to diner food. Overpriced and poor quality. The service also felt rushed.
- The following 514 reviews are from the Library IV reviews archive.
- Steak was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Both our steaks were over cooked. Sent one back thn came back under cooked. Drinks were small. Beer was warm. For a $40 steak it was like shoe leather. Won't be back.
- COUNT ON A GREAT MEAL!LoganberryDined on 7/25/2014Food is always cooked precisely to order, particularly their wonderful filet mignon. I don't know who supplies their meat, but it is Top Quality! The salad bar is fresh and has good variety. You cannot go wrong here!Special Features:
- AwesomeShellyDined on 7/20/2014The Library was excellent as usual. Steak to die for! Service is excellent! The price is right....Special Features:
- Anytime place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014The Library is a nice place to eat at a short notice. The food is always good, and the service is always top notch! We always know we will get a great meal at a good price.Special Features:
- Best steak and a fabulous salad barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We have been dining at the Library IV for more than 20 years and it has remained our favorite steak house for all of those years. The combination of amazing, cut-to-order steaks and a fabulous salad bar (complete with fresh hand-cut bread and cheese) make it our favorite place to eat. The service is always excellent, and the ambience welcomes you in - we always end up staying for a long dinner, enjoying the after glow of a great meal and the company of friends. If you have never been, go!Special Features:
- jpeg295VIPDined on 7/12/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. I find it almost impossible to find a restaurant that when i order a prime rib rare, it is rare, not medium rare as other restaurants serve. My husband orders med well and has always been satisfied. My table is always ready when I arrive and the service is great.
- Always Predictable !JardelDined on 7/5/2014I'm never disappointed at this restaurant...always great food and great service !Special Features:
- Not bad....MEATSNOBDined on 7/4/2014The food was good...not great. The meat was tender, and cooked correctly but lacked a little flavor. Some of the vegetables were overcooked, although the sauteed mushrooms were delicious. The salad bar wasn't bad, although not as good, as the Library in Voorhees. The staff was courteous, and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choice for localsjoyceDined on 7/4/2014I wasn't feeling my best tonight and I appetite was not too great. So, i am not the best judge. Overall, it was a good choice of restaurants, particularly for the July 4th holiday. Quiet for a friday night. The Library IV was able to accommodate my veggi taste buds in a steak house. Tge server was attentive and professional. The salad bar was good. We got a take out order fir my mom. Steak, rib eye which she liked very well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingMarcVIPDined on 7/2/2014This place has steadily declined food was not warm. Portions small. And for the price I don't want to get up and get my own order
- good serviceGeorgeyDined on 6/23/2014The food was good and the service was very good. Everybody enjoyed there meal, however, my rib eye steak was about 1/4 gristle but the rest was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014All food, drink and service were excellent. We usually come to see Joey play in the bar. This is our first time dining and it was well worth it. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topnotch!HappyHealthyEaterDined on 6/15/2014We love this place. Always enjoy fantastic seafood, never rushed, always satisfied after a visit. The chef will always make what we ask for even though it may not be on the menu. We eat "Healthy" and the perfectly made grilled seafood is right on spot. Our favorite place for a night out.Special Features: