1030 North Black Horse Pike
Williamstown, NJ 08094Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://libraryiv.com/
- Phone: 8567288064
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday 4:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday 3:00pm -10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Martin Hanmore
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two lovely rooms. Back room accommodates up to 45 guests. Our Sunroom can accommodate up to 80 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Brian O'Keeney 8567288064
- Entertainment: Music in the lounge and bar Friday and Saturday.
A word from Library IV
The Library IV is an independently owned restaurant that has been serving the best steaks, and seafood in the area for the last 30 years.The atmosphere is casual and comfortableContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Library IV reviews from OpenTable diners
54 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (25)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (12)romantic (11)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (5)late-night find (5)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Number OneMichael56Dined on 10/18/2014I always enjoy my visit, from the wait staff to the chefs, everyone is so very pleasant and friendly. When you first enter the greeters always have a smile and are very pleasant . The food is always excellent! I could close my eyes and pick from the menu, everything is always fresh and seasoned/ then cooked to perfection. It is my number one spot in the Delaware Valley. I always end up taking home a portion because they are so big. Keep up the excellent work !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Always one of my favorite places with the best goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local favoriteMrsOronzi620Dined on 10/5/2014This is one of my favorite local restaurants! I love this place, great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD AS ALWAYSeatoutqueenVIPDined on 10/4/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. The salad bar is excellent. The food is excellent as is the service.Special Features:
- LuvbucketsDined on 9/18/2014Great food, atmosphere and a little Sinatra! Perfect! What else is there to say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Our meal on Saturday was excellent. We always go to the Library with our children and grand children for birthdays and holidays and have a great experience. Everyone was very pleased with their meals. The filet mignon was the star of the show, as usual, and service beyond compare. We plan to keep coming back for our family get togethers.Special Features:
- LoganberryDined on 9/6/2014Library IV was great, as usual. Filet mignon cooked perfectly as ordered, salad bar fresh and appealing, service excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Our waiter Dan was great as was our bartender, also named Dan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Library IV is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/2/2014There are complaints from patrons who think the restaurant is "dated" and "dark" but that's the charm of the place! It's called "Library" because it's a steak house that is reminiscent of an old dark wood and leather and cigar library. That's its theme and it's perfect! The food was really great. From a long-time, pre-Food Network foodie transplanted to Manhattan from Pine Hill, The Library IV can hold its own against some of the NYC greats like 21 Club, Smith and Wollensky, and Delmonico. I dine weekly at Morton's and the food at Library IV is right on par! The service staff is great too. Our waitress (Jeannie?) was spot-on and didn't miss a beat! Our martinis were perfect and we were given a fantastic recommendation for a Cabernet.Special Features:
- RichDined on 8/28/2014We were a party of 4 who ordered two Filets and two prime ribs, all cooked differently. We were all completely satisfied with our meals. We will be revisiting Library IV.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ellieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We enjoy dinner for ourselves & with family & friends. I think the salad Bar could be improved upon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephVIPDined on 8/24/2014This is the 4th or 5th time at this restaurant. The inside needs a major change. Very dark and dirty. At 5:00 pm only a dozen parties in the restaurant. Salad bar was in bad shape. Many items not stocked or very low. Dressings almost gone. Bread very little or small choice. I ordered a 12 oz. filet medium and what I got I could not finish. It was "burnt"! Very well done. I am use to a filet being 2-3 inches thick. This was less than 1 inch. All of my other visits had been great but this one was terrible. Told waitress who did offer to have it recooked but I did not want to wait since the rest of my group had received their entrees. Honestly I will not go back again
- ExcellentDebricnDined on 8/22/2014We frequent The Library IV often and we are never disappointed in the food, drinks or service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014Best place to get a great steak. A nice variety of breads to select from as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingBarbLDined on 8/10/2014We sat down, waitress got our water and then disappeared. Never told us to take the blank check to the window and order our meal. Sat there for quite a bit. Had to call another waitress over to take our beer/wine order who then told us we could go ahead and order. The chief at the window was cutting meat with no apron, I thought to myself "hope he washes his hands before he cooks". Food was ok; nothing to rave about. The outside was renovated, but I couldn't see any improvements inside. Same old "Early American" tables. They definitely need to step it up. Not planning to go back.
- Not worth the moneyfoodieDined on 8/1/2014I was disappointed by the food. My filet was overcooked and the sweet potato fries were soggy. I would compare it to diner food. Overpriced and poor quality. The service also felt rushed.
- Steak was terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Both our steaks were over cooked. Sent one back thn came back under cooked. Drinks were small. Beer was warm. For a $40 steak it was like shoe leather. Won't be back.
- COUNT ON A GREAT MEAL!LoganberryDined on 7/25/2014Food is always cooked precisely to order, particularly their wonderful filet mignon. I don't know who supplies their meat, but it is Top Quality! The salad bar is fresh and has good variety. You cannot go wrong here!Special Features:
- AwesomeShellyDined on 7/20/2014The Library was excellent as usual. Steak to die for! Service is excellent! The price is right....Special Features:
- Anytime place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/13/2014The Library is a nice place to eat at a short notice. The food is always good, and the service is always top notch! We always know we will get a great meal at a good price.Special Features:
- Best steak and a fabulous salad barOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014We have been dining at the Library IV for more than 20 years and it has remained our favorite steak house for all of those years. The combination of amazing, cut-to-order steaks and a fabulous salad bar (complete with fresh hand-cut bread and cheese) make it our favorite place to eat. The service is always excellent, and the ambience welcomes you in - we always end up staying for a long dinner, enjoying the after glow of a great meal and the company of friends. If you have never been, go!Special Features:
- jpeg295VIPDined on 7/12/2014I've eaten at this restaurant several times and have never been disappointed. I find it almost impossible to find a restaurant that when i order a prime rib rare, it is rare, not medium rare as other restaurants serve. My husband orders med well and has always been satisfied. My table is always ready when I arrive and the service is great.
- Always Predictable !JardelDined on 7/5/2014I'm never disappointed at this restaurant...always great food and great service !Special Features:
- Not bad....MEATSNOBDined on 7/4/2014The food was good...not great. The meat was tender, and cooked correctly but lacked a little flavor. Some of the vegetables were overcooked, although the sauteed mushrooms were delicious. The salad bar wasn't bad, although not as good, as the Library in Voorhees. The staff was courteous, and attentive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choice for localsjoyceDined on 7/4/2014I wasn't feeling my best tonight and I appetite was not too great. So, i am not the best judge. Overall, it was a good choice of restaurants, particularly for the July 4th holiday. Quiet for a friday night. The Library IV was able to accommodate my veggi taste buds in a steak house. Tge server was attentive and professional. The salad bar was good. We got a take out order fir my mom. Steak, rib eye which she liked very well. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingMarcVIPDined on 7/2/2014This place has steadily declined food was not warm. Portions small. And for the price I don't want to get up and get my own order
- good serviceGeorgeyDined on 6/23/2014The food was good and the service was very good. Everybody enjoyed there meal, however, my rib eye steak was about 1/4 gristle but the rest was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 503 reviews are from the Library IV reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014All food, drink and service were excellent. We usually come to see Joey play in the bar. This is our first time dining and it was well worth it. We will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topnotch!HappyHealthyEaterDined on 6/15/2014We love this place. Always enjoy fantastic seafood, never rushed, always satisfied after a visit. The chef will always make what we ask for even though it may not be on the menu. We eat "Healthy" and the perfectly made grilled seafood is right on spot. Our favorite place for a night out.Special Features:
- Ambience better but food sufferingMicheleDined on 6/7/2014After this restaurant was remodeled, it looks a lot better on the inside and outside. I like that we were able to sit in one of the new booths. The prices haven't gone up this time, but the food portions are smaller. The chicken, I ordered, tasted more like turkey.Special Features:
- Always a good mealeatoutqueenVIPDined on 6/3/2014Made it back sooner than I thought for a celebration. Had the Chicken Stefano and it did not disappoint. Chucks of crabmeat covered the chicken. What else can I say but "DELICIOUS". For being known as a steak place, the seafood is excellent. One of the other ladies at the table had the special, tilapia stuffed with crabmeat, and could not stop raving about how good it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTrishaDined on 5/31/2014Not the incredible steak place I remember it as. Food quality not there even the prices are not inexpensive.
- A Great Place to DineeatoutqueenVIPDined on 5/25/2014This is our go to restaurant when we want a great salad bar and good food. My husband loves the Filet Mignon and I discovered the Chicken Stefano - a dish with chicken, crab meat and an excellent sauce. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Love the Library IVDebricnDined on 5/25/2014As always we were veery pleased with the food, service and the ambience.Special Features:
- charliebrownDined on 5/24/2014My husband and I have been spending our birthdays at the Library for the past several years and always have a great meal and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Library IVOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2014Table and chairs need updating as they are all off kilter. Good food and serviceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing EveningfrequestpatronDined on 5/17/2014Whenever we want a nice relaxing evening with good food, that we can enjoy with friends, we visit the Library. The food is always perfect and the service is great. It brings us joy when we can take someone out to dinner where we all can just be ourselves and enjoy each others compSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wemmons558Dined on 5/17/2014should give menu at table salad bar great filet was cooked perfectlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janet floodsteakDined on 5/11/2014This was my place I picked to celebrate mothers day dinner with my children and I was very disappointed in my dinner ! My steak was terrible and I was looking so forward to this dinner. Salad bar was wonderful. But my dinner the worse I every had.my normal steak place is Franklinville inn which has never disappointed me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSongbirddeeDined on 5/11/2014We have been eating at this restaurant for many years and have never been disappointed. From the food to the service, we have always been able to depend on either beginning or ending our evening very well with the Library IV.Special Features: