1001 Cass Street
Omaha, NE 68102Neighborhood:
Downtown / Old Market
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libertytavern.com/
- Phone: 4029984321x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Buffet Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kimbler Harrold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Liberty Tavern
Deliciously Fresh, Distinctively American. At Liberty Tavern, it is our commitment to bring you the best and freshest artisan products from around the United States and only the United States. Chef de Cuisine Kimbler Harrold and his exceptional culinary team have, through an extensive search, found Artisan growers and specialty purveyors. These partners share our passion and desire for providing unique products of the finest quality at your table in a feast for eyes and palate. Liberty Tavern is the only restaurant in Nebraska that is partnered with Chefs Collaborative. This nationwide network is made up of Chefs, Artisan Growers, Ranchers and Educators dedicated to the goal of sustainable resources and organic farming. This collaboration allows us to shorten the distance from field to fork and helps us bring to you the best in seasonal goods. We believe in diversity and traditional farming techniques, responsible fisheries and humane meat production.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Liberty Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)romantic (2)great for outdoor dining (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014Food was good, good variety on the menu, service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Consistentdatenite2Dined on 7/25/2014Liberty Tavern always has great food and service as well as the best patio in Omaha!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPatBRDined on 6/25/2014Very limited menu. No side salads, for example. Apps ordered came out with entrees. Some food hot, some not. All in all worth a pass.
- Amazingly inept waitrressTXHAWKIDined on 6/22/2014I hope our experience is unique. Service started out normally. Nice waitress took drink and meal orders. Two starters and two entrees. Brought my beer but not my partner's wine. We decided to let it slide. She came back 10 minutes later to say our starters should be out shortly, always an nice touch. Five minutes later she came back to say she forgot to write our order down. That was clearly false as I watched her do it. She double checked and then found our order. We thought all is well until we received our order. She didn't bring our starters out first. She brought both entrees and my starter (a salad) at the same time. Again my partner was shortchanged as her starter was omitted. Really weird (and bad) service.
- Good location before concertTimHDined on 6/22/2014Met friends for a bite before a concert at the CenturyLink Center. We all had a glass of their house wine which for $4 was fine. Two people had the reuben sandwiches, one had the half roasted chicken and one had the Margherita Pizza. Everyone seemed to be pleased with their meals. We made reservations but they seemed to have room for walk-ups. We sat by the window and it was nice to see all the activity on the street as people started arriving for the concert. Good location.
- The following 115 reviews are from the Liberty Tavern reviews archive.
- Great Mother's Day brunchnotafoodiekindaguyDined on 5/11/2014Awesome place to take Mom for Mother's Day brunch. Enough selection to keep everyone happy and desserts that would impress the pickiest foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day Brunch... MEHOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014I love brunch and do does my family. We look forward to Liberty Tavern for all holiday events....but after last weekend we've decided there are better restaurants for the money. We don't have a problem spending $ on great food and service but $30 per adult (including $30 for our 11yr old who doesn't eat as much as an adult) service that forgot about us and food that went cold very quickly. Not impressed.Special Features:
- Tried it for Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2014Never found the perfect Sunday brunch in Omaha. Liberty Tavern has a good one. Included standard breakfast fare, chef-cooked omelets and eggs, plus smoked salmon, shrimp, small filets, eggs oscar, sides. All good, consistent with the quality of the dowtown Hilton hotel. Reasonably priced.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter brunchbeverlybluffsDined on 4/20/2014Food was hot, tasty & plentiful. Plenty of choices for my wheat free diet- I appreciate that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchGeorgeDined on 4/20/2014Liberty Tavern uses their space well in serving a very diverse holiday brunch. Everything you could want from fruit to meats to deserts. They do a great job at a reasonable price. It's a place we consider first when thinking of a special holiday meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014This is our favorite place in Omaha for Easter Brunch. Great selection, great variety, awesome desserts, including chocolate fondue, and fair price. We always go to easter service across the street at the Century Link Center, and then walk across to the Liberty Tavern. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off year on Easter BrunchHungryHugoDined on 4/20/2014Most people would not agree with this review. I have gone here for Easter brunch before and it was good. This last time management was poor and the hostess was pushy and unhelpful. Had to argue about both over table -wait on hostess 8 or so minutes- and had to wait even longer for a highchair. Waiter and serving staff proved to be amply adequate and helpful over the faults of management there this year. Floor management was poor. Food has been better in prior years but most things were tasty.
- It was okay.MosesVIPDined on 4/5/2014I had the burger. It appears to be a pre-cooked frozen patty that was re-heated. It tasted okay but I was very disappointed. The bread pudding, however, was great! Also, my server Stephanie was outstanding. She was very plesant and attentive.
- BuffetConferenceDined on 4/5/2014The buffet lunch offering made for a quick lunch outing for a larger group that was every nice. The salad selection was good and the two fish offerings were good (especially considering they were sitting over a steam table in buffet fashion). The fruit salad with yogurt sauce made a nice desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceDRSIIIDined on 3/14/2014We had lunch before an event at the hotel. My spouse ordered a salad and crab cakes from the appetizer menus. I ordered an entree. The salad and soup came out fairly quick but the rest of our meal took over 30 minutes to get it. The restaurant was not busy, as a matter of fact we were the first patrons seated for lunch. Other patrons received their food before we did. The crab cakes my Ouse ordered were barely warm.Special Features:
- Noisy and not enough helpFoodies541102047VIPDined on 3/11/2014I attempted to have a quiet and quick dinner with a friend from town. When we got to the tavern the place was empty, after ordering the food the restaruant filled up with a party of 25+. The server was barley at the table the rest of the night and when giving us our check she was walking away while talking and barely got a thank you out of her. I would not recommend this establishment as a hot spot for Omaha. I expected better for t eh leading hotel in Omaha.Special Features:
- At Least it's ConsistentRCWestcottVIPDined on 3/9/2014After many trips to Omaha, and many visits to this establishment, the best I can say is that's it's consistent. It's never great, but you know what to expect and it's never bad. The service can be pretty slow, which is surprising how empty this place almost always is (exception: hometown game nights). Looks like they changed up the menu since last time I was here and not, in my opinion, for the better. There are a few things I'll try on those nights I'm too tired to leave the hotel. . . But if the weather stays nice I just might be spending some time in any one of the many other fine establishments not too far from here.
- good food. it gets a lot ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014good food. it gets a lot of noise from the bar next to it when the bar is busy. server spilled the water on the table a a bit of it on the wife on her greeting..Special Features:
- Excellent gourmet restaurantPacoliusluvsSushiDined on 2/14/2014Gourmet food in quiet atmosphere adds up to a great meal!Special Features:
- Under staffed for game nightNoLuvDined on 2/7/2014Went there for an early valentines dinner and then to the Creighton game. I had reservations because I knew it would be crowded. Apparently, Liberty Tavern did not plan it out. The waitress had too many tables and was not able to circle back with a 2nd round of drinks or desert. She was not even able to refresh waters. I ordered the bone in ribeye and it was marginal at best. Certainly not worth the price tag. In effort to make the management aware, I tried to get the attention of the host but he was running from table to table as well. I emailed the Liberty Tavern through the contact us on their web site and did not receive a response, The fact is, they have to know that they will be very busy on game night and need to staff accordingly.
- Good Food, Nice ServicePamZDined on 1/17/2014We were there on a very busy concert night and that slowed things down a bit (understandably) but the service was good and food was good. We did not have a lot of time so we chose the burger but would chosen better if there was more time. Only thing I noticed was that the only sandwich on the menu was the burger - it would have been nice to have a couple of other choices available on the dinner menu. There were other choices on the bar menu that would have been nice additions to the dinner menu - maybe the chicken and pork sandwiches.
- Outstanding service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/11/2014Outstanding service and the Salmon and Steak entrees were amazing!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Our little group that looks for breakfast on Saturdays went to Liberty Tavern for a "special" pre-Christmas breakfast and enjoyed every minute of it. There were seven of us. I had called the day before to make a reservation (and did Open Table, too) and they were all set up for us. The service was excellent, and every was very happy with the food. I especially liked the Eggs Benny, using the "savory bread pudding" instead of an english muffin. Great breakfast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for twoChristinaMDined on 12/20/2013Had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceStaycationDined on 12/6/2013Stayed in Omaha instead of going to KC for the weekend because of bad weather. Food was great, deserts were great. Love the atmosphere. Ordered meatloaf and salmon and both were exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving Buffet Liberty TaverncelitDined on 11/28/2013Excellent! Service, food and ambiance - all were spectacular. If you don't want to cook for Thanksgiving, Liberty Tavern is the perfect choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not come backTerryDined on 11/1/2013We came in before a Creighton basketball game. We had appetizers that, I think were sitting in the back waiting for someone to order them. The pizza was almost cold. The potato chips with cheese were tasteless. The wings were okay as were the chicken fingers. We ordered draft beers and we were served bottled beer. The waitress said that sometimes when the bartender doesn't want to fill beer glasses they give the bottles. Would not come back. There are many other choices in the vicinity and next time we will choose one of those.
- Impressed foodiefoodiebynatureDined on 7/9/2013Outstanding cuisine and service. I look forward to future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice surprise!FoodmamaVIPDined on 5/25/2013We were the only table in the restaurant at 8pm so we didn't expect much! We sat outside and had the patio to ourselves.The mahi mahi was surprisingly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatDinersDined on 5/4/2013Large lunch time crowd from the Berkshire Hathaway Annual Shareholders meeting held across the street. Service a bit slow, but was to be expected; probably the biggest event of the year for the staff. Restaurant is very clean and well decorated. The servers are knowledgeable and the food is great. We have had lunch there for several years during that event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good. Food good. PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2013Service good. Food good. Portions and price. Very poor.
- Bon Jovi nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013Great deals for the concert crowd. Everyone was attentive and helpful. The food was great and the good orange cheesecake sinful.Special Features:
- Our waiter was was an engagingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Our waiter was was an engaging young woman. Very friendly and efficient. Our table had 2 steaks, salmon , and meatloaf. All of the dinners were delicious. The meatloaf ....supurb! Enough for 2 people. Delicious gravy, REAL mashed potatoes and a stack of fried onions. Caesar salads were very good. No room for dessert. Nice atmosphere, friendly staff, good wine list. Would go back. Only 2 other tables of patrons. Steak prices are high but there are reasonable choices on the menu.Special Features:
- we had a group of 8 adults,aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/14/2013we had a group of 8 adults,a family get together. we were very please and will do it again, food and service very good.Special Features:
- We visited the Liberty TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/21/2013We visited the Liberty Tavern during a snow storm because we were staying in an airport hotel to allow early travel the following morning. While we were grateful that that the restaurant was open, while others weren't, it was probably one of our worst meals in Omaha! All 4 entrees ordered, were charred and inedible! 3 burgers and 1 meatloaf! We were the only customers in the restaurant so no excuse for poor food quality!
- Valentines DayPenlenDined on 2/14/2013Valentines Day 2013 was spent here because it was the only place I could get a last minute reservation in a time slot that was convenient for us. It was the best surprise! The food, the ambience and service were great. Looking forward to 2014 Valentines dinner here at the Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and it isegg3VIPDined on 1/27/2013The food was good and it is a great place to eat; especially if you are attending an event at the Quest center. Unfortunately, we ran into a problem as far as being seated. My reservation was for 6pm and we did not get seated until 6:30pm. It was a combination of the hostess and being understaffed. We stood in line a good 20 minutes just waiting to get up to the hostess stand because there were approx. 10 people in front of us and it was if the hostess never worked that position before plus she walked off without explanation and was setting up tables. Kyle the manager was very apologetic and explained they unexpectedly were swamped. I just hope in the future they are better prepared for any kind of emergency!
- We are from Kansas City andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013We are from Kansas City and met old friends. The staff were so nice to us and let us stay visiting for 5 hours! Super evening!! We all enjoyed our meals and the staff couldn't be nicer.
- My wife and i have eaten hereDougDined on 1/15/2013My wife and i have eaten here several times before attending a basketball game at the Omaha Century Link Center. On both occasions, we have found the food and service good and have enjoyed ourselves. Of course,if you are attending a sporting event at the arena it is an ideal place to have dinner/coctails before the event. We plan on have dinner at the Liverty Tavern often. I should clarify that the name is a little misleading as this is a nice restaurant and really not a tavern. The bar area is in close proximity to restaurant and I suppose they chose to name both as the Liberty tavern.Special Features:
- Fine choise for in-hotel diningRCWestcottVIPDined on 1/14/2013Good service, good food, and what could be more convenient? Not worth the trip, but certainly a fine choice for whenever I find myself staying at the Hilton Omaha. The service averages "good" but the pendulum swings pretty far in both directions to average out there. . . Last night, for example, the Chef de Cuisine came out personally to greet me and to apologize for having run out of a key ingredient, taking the time to consult with me in my choosing my own substitution. I subbed out the missing artichoke with asparagus and had a fantastic pasta. Today, however, my tomato bisque was delivered with a teaspoon and a shrug. Still, I'll be back. . . On a cold Omaha night, when you're already back at the hotel, it's a pretty fine choice when co