Liberty Prime Steakhouse
111 Montgomery Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Liberty Prime Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.libertyprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 201-333-3633x
- Hours of Operation:
LIBERTY PRIME STEAKHOUSE - Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday 11:00pm - 10:00pm. BRUNCH Saturday & Sunday 11:00am -4:00pm
PRIME TIME Bar Monday - Thursday 11:00am to 1:00am, Friday 11:00am - 2:00am, Saturday 11:00am - 2:00am, Sunday 11:00am - Midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Morales
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: In house catering, buy outs, corporate events, weddings, wedding rehearsals, bridal showers, baby showers.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us cater your event in our private mezzanine room. Whether it is a corporate event, bridal shower, baby shower, wedding rehearsal, etc. Liberty Prime Steakhouse does it all. Please call today for further information
- Private Party Contact: George Makrogiannis 201-333-3633x
- Cross Street: Warren Street
- Public Transit: Grove Street and Exchange Place PATH Station
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Located in heart of downtown Jersey City, Liberty Prime Steakhouse is within walking distance from the Grove Street & Exchange Place PATH station and just minutes from Hoboken and New York City.
A word from Liberty Prime Steakhouse
Liberty Prime Steakhouse offers some of the most exquisite fine dining in Downtown Jersey City. Enticing entrees to tempting bar fare, fine wines to fabulous whiskies to dark stout, Liberty Prime Steakhouse satisfies your every need for a good night out. Come by for a pint at happy hour at our Prime Time attached bar and see why you'll be back soon for dinner with friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Liberty Prime Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Jersey City ›
Liberty Prime Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (18)special occasion (18)good for groups (14)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)hot spot (7)notable wine list (6)great for outdoor dining (5)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Food and Great Service!Micmitc77Dined on 8/29/2014Service was great. Food was great . Alex our server was also great. The free valet parking was a nice surprise. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharlieDDined on 8/16/2014For a steakhouse, the strip steak was extremely tough and served with a sauce not ordered. The correct sauce never arrived. A filet ordered medium well arrived rare. When it was returned, it was put under the broiler and incinerated. The waiter encouraged us to order a second side dish when the first was more than sufficient. I have been here before and had a great meal. On this occasion the quality of the meat was not good and the service was not good either.
- ExcellentDawnDined on 8/15/2014We went here for my b-day with 6 ppl. Since this was a new restaurant in the area we gave it a try we like steak. Impressed from the moment we took that first bite of appertizers until the last fork of dessert. My steak was cooked perfect. Our waiter who was on top of everything was a bit reserved and sometimes we could not hear what he said. I truly recommend a try it is not a place you go on a regular basis due to the prices bt for special occasions a must.Special Features:
- Food was delicious...LucyVIPDined on 8/10/2014We really enjoyed everything we ordered....the wedge salad, the house salad, filet mignon, hangar steak, mushrooms, fries. Service was very good. The one question that kept on going through our minds was: why are we the only ones here? Is there something that others know that we don't? And then we left and just outside the front door, we were looking at the posted menu for other meals, and the Host came outside to ask us if we wanted to come in for dinner? We quickly responded that we just did! He looked shocked -- but yet, he was the very host/staff person who claimed he was expecting us and he sat us at our table for dinner. We were the ONLY people in the entire restaurant (other than the staff). Yes, the food was enjoyable but..
- qualitySocialbutterflyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Great chicken. Consistent service. The best waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got to go heresteak4meDined on 8/6/2014The experience was amazing. Great service, great seating and view. Food was perfect. Very efficient waiters. Well worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was excellentEdEnjoysLifeDined on 8/1/2014I had the Tuna tare tare for an appetizer followed by my entree Filet Mignon(med well) w/asparagus & a bottle of South African Malbec & dessert was chocolate cake w/peanut butter icing & espresso for the rode!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedBlannyDined on 7/31/2014Went for JC Restaurant and really liked it. Great service and food and will go back for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just great steakMellsDined on 7/29/2014A friend and I had dinner here last week. She was in the mood for steak and had the NY Strip and a side of creamed spinach with parmasean. That creamed spinach was amazing! Instead of steak, I had two appetizers: grilled octopus and a roasted beet salad. I found both to be delicious and cleaned my plates! Service was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice placeLoveFoodDined on 7/27/2014I think it is much better for dinner rather than for brunch. Overall it was good.Special Features:
- DDmostDined on 7/20/2014I liked the comfortable dinning area with nice views of the surrounding community, the wait staff was polite and helpful. The crab cake Benedict was excellent as well as the key lime tart we had for dessert was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak SandwichBlandDined on 7/8/2014This was my 3rd time eating here and it was ok. I say ok since I had a very nice steak sandwich the first time, an ok one the second, but a little more fatty one this time around. I don't mind spending an extra buck or two for a steak sandwich...just make sure it is almost devoid of fat. Trim the fat off! The parmesan fries were terrific all 3x, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsLovelyLemonsDined on 7/4/2014My bf and I had to change around our anniversary plans at literally the last minute, and it was like 10pm so we weren't sure anything would be open for dinner aside from fast food joints, which are not so romantic. So we were panicking. But this place popped up after a quick search on Open Table and it had super late reservations available with the latest one being 10:15. I had the country fried chicken thigh and my bf had a grilled salmon dish-- both to die for! And we finished with the amazing flourless chocolate cake. Service was excellent. It was a little loud because the place was in nightclub mode but not too loud for conversation. Overall it was wonderful.Special Features:
- Prime TimeA2edaveDined on 6/30/2014The good was top notch and the wait staff, too. We had an amazing meal and experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Really good food and perfect service. We were allowed to taste various beers before ordering!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedSiriusVIPDined on 6/24/2014For the price point I expected a lot more than a noisy sports bar and a surly owner. Food OK, but not great.
- Deliciousness!MellsDined on 6/6/2014The special soup was a coconut milk and curry and it was amazing. The beet salad with goat cheese and pistachio was yummy. We each had the NY strip steaks and they were excellent. For desert the cheesecake and flourless chocolate cake were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ImpressionEAChVIPDined on 6/4/2014Our waiter was attentive and took our drink order straight away. He was knowledgeable and professional as you would expect in such an establishment The bread was served warm and quite nice. We ordered the coconut curry vegetable soup and the octopus appetizer and were impressed. The soup wasn't something we'd expect at a steak house, but it was served piping hot and was very tasty. The octopus was cooked perfectly and was probably the best prepared I've ever had. We had the pork tenderloin special that was prepared with a dry rub. It was slightly on the dry side, but the flavor was impressive and I'd order it again. We stopped off for a quick meal before my flight, and I look forward to returning to try the steaks.Special Features:
- Must Try this PlaceGujjuGirlDined on 5/17/2014First time at this restaurant and everything was wonderful. The greeting at the door was warm and welcoming, our server was attentive and friendly, gave great recommendations and bantered with us making the whole experience a lot of fun. The ambience is lovely and the seating spacious. We all selected filet mignon which were cooked exactly as we had perfectly as we have requested. We chose 4 sides between of us and the portions were just big enough for everyone to have a decent portion but we were able to finish them all. Desert Tapa's was a great idea. The portion of the carrot cake was suprisingly generouse and it was delicious as was the strawberry. The flourless chocolate cake was a little dense but edlible. Overall loved the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 53 reviews are from the Liberty Prime Steakhouse reviews archive.
- Pleasantly surpriseCraigVIPDined on 4/28/2014I am a Jersey City resident and had never been there. I was pleasantly surprise at the quality of the food, service and even their details: the place mats, silverware, glassware and so. As a person who dines in JC frequently high quality service is not something I'm get often. The server was quite attentive and hit all the key points of service. I will definitely be back soon for brunch and for drinks. Thanks guys...Thanks for setting a standard!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencejcnyc422Dined on 4/25/2014I tried this place for the first time since it was O'Connell's and was very impressed. The decor is very elegant. The service was impeccable. I wish I remembered the waiter's name to give him a shout out, but he was highly knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. I ordered the Filet Mignon medium rare and it was cooked perfectly. It was slightly charred on the outside, pinkish red in the center and had just the right amount of seasoning. We split sides as a table and they were all excellent. I highly recommend the sweet potatoes au gratin! I was there on a Friday night with a 7pm reservation and there was barely anybody there. I assume it will pick up, since the place is still new.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGoodEatnDined on 4/19/2014We went to Liberty Prime for our anniversary dinner, and it was an excellent choice. Our waiter was one of the best we've ever had (knew precisely when to be around, and precisely when to leave us alone). As expected, steaks were excellent - very juicy and well prepared. Ambience was a bit more casual than we expect for a high end steakhouse, but certainly attractive. Complimentary glass of champagne and dessert for our anniversary sealed it for us as a future "go to."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchProperDinerDined on 4/13/2014Went here for brunch. It was good and prices very reasonable. It didn't hurt that we used our Living Social voucher as well.. Nice setting. I got blood orange mimosas that I enjoyed along with the Crabcake Benedict which was delicious. There carrot cake-pancakes weren't bad just thought maybe if they added a cream cheese icing drizzle to it would've definitely brought it home. Overall the food was good. My company enjoyed their meals and cocktails as well but the consensus was that although we had a pleasant waiter the service was a bit slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceFoodieVIPDined on 4/13/2014The entire experience is outstanding with great brunch menu choices, friendly staffs, nice decor.... I will definitely come back for brunch again and bring friends to try out dinner menu soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 year anniversaryStanleyDined on 4/12/2014When I made the reservation I told them it was my anniversary and they welcomed us with a complemantary champain which my wife loved and though it was very romatic by my part. That got me alot of extra point with her.Special Features:
- Nice place but needs seasoningMellsDined on 4/12/2014Perhaps this is just personal preference but I like my steak to be seasoned. I ordered the 14oz ribeye and eggs from the brunch menu and it was advertised in the menu as being rubbed with Ancho chili. I tasted no evidence of any seasoning on the meat whatsoever and had to add a bit of salt for flavor. The meat is excellent quality I just would've like a bit more flavor to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5YR Anniversary5YRAnniversaryDined on 4/4/2014This place was great. Wonderful food with decent prices compared to NYC options. Will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great potential, poor executionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2014We went for brunch because they offered a deal on living social. The restaurant is close and we wanted to try it since the new owners took over. The place looks great, the service was excellent and the menu sounded amazing but unfortunately it didn't taste amazing. It wasn't neccesarily bad but it definitely wasn't good. I ordered the Filet Benedict. The filet and egg were fine, cooked well but the holindase sauce didn't have a lot of flavor and "brioche bun" was basically a hamburger bun and the side of potatoes were very dry. All of the food came out quickly but somehow it managed to be cold. No salt or pepper on the table and the food definitely needed it.Special Features:
- Great 1st dining experienceJCdinerDined on 3/28/2014Went here for my husband's birthday. He loved his steak and I ordered the salmon (new spring item on the menu). The food was fantastic! The servers were extremely courteous and attentive. Overall a great experience. Can't wait to try them for brunch soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night hot spotExceptionalDined on 2/1/2014Went to dinner with a friend of mine last Saturday. We ordered the tuna tar tar as a starter. It was absolute deliciousness. We then each ordered filet mignon which were cooked to perfection and literally melted in your mouth. We ordered a Mac n cheese on the side which was outstanding. Thank god I was full otherwise I would have ordered another. I highly recommend this place. Great spot for a date or just a night out with the girls or the guys. Love itSpecial Features:
- Liberty Prime is choiceBeaujackDined on 2/1/2014Went to this steakhouse a couple of weeks ago, and it was awesome. In the New York area, this steakhouse is up there with the best. The steak was perfectly prepared, and delicious. The cocktails were great. The ahi tuna is the best I've ever had, beef carpaccio is delicious. Save room for dessert, all around great atmosphere, great food. Good for couples and groups. I'm definitely going back and recommending this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back for moreSteakloverDined on 1/26/2014Beautiful space fit for anyone that loves food wine and great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurant,LKJCDined on 1/24/2014Liberty Prime is a nice place, attractive decor, very good food & service, good value for the cost. Certainly worth a try
- Good steakOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2014Good steak - a wee-bit overdone, but still edible.Special Features:
- Great find in Jersey Citysmart1Dined on 1/23/2014Great tasting food, fantastic service, and great ambience for whether you are on a romantic date or with a group of friends. Will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced poor foodEricDined on 1/22/2014I live on the same block as this restaurant. Because there it was so cold we thought we would stay close and check it out. We made a reservation, but the place was still empty. We ere seated and given water, order taken quickly. We ordered a steak and chicken breast. We were given very good bread and butter. Then we waited. Once the food finally came, the chicken was cold AND over cooked, the steak lacked flavor and the green beans that with the steak were so crispy, they clearly had not been cooked properly. We informed the waiter the chicken was chewy like rubber. With no apology he took it back. After getting through the steak with A1 sauce, we had to wait and watch our waiter walk by several times without bringing the check.Special Features:
- Mediocre at bestDevomonsterDined on 1/22/2014My wife and I went here for restaurant week. I'd been here before when it was another place for karaoke and had a good time. We figured we'd try out the new steak spot in town. The onion soup appetizer was pretty good. Ordered the filet mignon on special and it tasted very mealy. It was cooked as I'd ordered but the taste just wasn't there. The mashed potatoes tasted like they came from a box, very grainy. The best part of the meal was the tres leches cake. Not a good sign for a steak house. The place also seems just too big. Not a very intimate atmosphere.
- Would try againkrisDined on 1/17/2014The food was better than expected. But the service was terrible! I will give them the benefit of the doubt that it was restaurant week. I would give this restaurant another try as it has potential & prices are good. I would recommend for others to trySpecial Features:
- Food and service were outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 1/15/2014Food and service were outstanding! Lamb shank melts in your mouthSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchJT201Dined on 1/14/2014Went for 2 business lunches & 1 business dinner. All times, the food was delicious. Service was not horrible, but not great, for the price. They took too much time when the place was pretty empty.Special Features: