Liberty House Restaurant
76 Audrey Zapp Drive
Jersey City, NJ 07305Neighborhood:
Liberty State Park
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Liberty House Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libertyhouserestaurant.com/
- Phone: (201) 395-0300
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kenny Trickilo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Liberty House boasts numerous open-air terraces, two tented pavilions and an outdoor garden in addition to several unique and distinct rooms:
Located on the 2nd floor, the Grand Ballroom boasts a vaulted 30ft cathedral ceiling, exposed duct and wood work, finished metal, and neutral colors. Floor-to-ceiling windows afford breathtaking, panoramic views, while French doors allow access to a wrap-around terrace.
The Liberty Room
Located on the 1st floor, the Liberty Room opens up to a Garden Pavilion as well as the Manhattan skyline, open-air terraces, and entrance to our 8,000 square foot garden.
Gardens at Liberty House
The Liberty House Gardens offer segmented areas featuring herbs, wildflowers, natural grasses, and life-size chess set, all with the Manhattan skyline as its backdrop.
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com (866)683-3586
- Entertainment: Live music Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Special Events: Visit LandmarkHospitality.com and click on Events to view our cocktail class schedule.
A word from Liberty House Restaurant
Located inside historic Liberty State Park, Jersey City, Liberty House is a 14,000sq ft venue featuring unsurpassed views of the Manhattan Skyline, Ellis Island, and the Statue of Liberty; hence our “view with a room.”Continued
Chef Ken Trickilo has created a diverse menu, which focuses on unique combination of farm-fresh ingredients, flavorings and spectacular presentation.
Chef Ken Trickilo has created a diverse menu, which focuses on unique combination of farm-fresh ingredients, flavorings and spectacular presentation.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Liberty House Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Liberty State Park ›
Liberty House Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)great for outdoor dining (66)special occasion (64)romantic (54)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (30)great for brunch (24)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (19)hot spot (16)neighborhood gem (16)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Wanted moreJDeanDined on 11/23/2014Pretty restaurant with a beautiful view but every time I come here I get seated behind a pole/column. The food always looks great but the taste is not as good as the presentation. Service could have been better. My date ordered a dish with clams & mussels but did not get a side dish for the shells so he used his bread dish. Our waiter saw that & said he would bring a side dish but never did. The bread was delicious.Special Features:
- scenic viewmyviewDined on 11/16/2014For a nice evening with fantastic view and good food this restaurant is great. A little disappointed by the lack of choice for the liquors, we had to change 3 times our choice of alcohol, but the meat was very tender and well cooked. A little too much wait to be served but we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarmenDined on 11/16/2014This is such a wonderful place. We loved it – the design, the food, the location – everything! And the live jazz trio made it even better! Service was well-timed and friendly, food and wines were affordable. I would definately recommend this spot for all kinds of occasions and celebrations...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing 85th Birthday DinnerPatriciaRDined on 11/9/2014I had attended a terrific event here recently , but when our party of 6 had dinner here it was a completely different story. We sat a table with a direct view of Manhattan - beautiful! However, we were pestered by cold wind from the vent above and the door. Our candle had so much turbulence that the wax was dripping onto the table. Our entrées took way too long (over an hour), the server acknowledged it but nothing happened and we continued to wait. When they finally did come, one item was cold & the lamb was rare (ordered medium). The whole time we waited, no one brought any more bread and no one came to apologize. The waitress was unfamiliar with some of the items on the menu. Better to go for a drink and spend your money elsewhere.Special Features:
- Liberty House is ExcellentClaraandJimVIPDined on 11/6/2014Everything about the restaurant was great. Views are limited unless you're sitting outside. We had good service, great food, and reasonably priced. I'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timemyviewDined on 10/30/2014We enjoyed the food and the view. The service was very good even though they were very busy that night. We had the lamb and the steak cook to perfection. Portion are comfortable and well priced. Good location for a nice evening with friends. The backyard with the fire pits is a great place to enjoy the view.Special Features:
- GreatMikeOGDined on 10/28/2014Everything about this restaurant was great I would be coming back againSpecial Features:
- Not worth the hassle to get thererocco1020Dined on 10/24/2014The music from the upstairs was so loud you couldn't hear anything in the resturant. The wait staff was horrible starting from the hostes to the waiters. The menu has great choices and pairings, but the overall execution from the kitchen makes you think you were at Applebee's. The view is great that's about it. We would never come back or recommend it to anyoneSpecial Features:
- Excellent restaurantJohnnydr26Dined on 10/24/2014I really love this restaurant great foods,nice view of New York city. I really recommended to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was just "ok"luckydinerDined on 10/23/2014The food for the price was "ok" It was very pricey for the quality of the food...Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday for wifeRomanceDiningDined on 10/18/2014Very beautiful restaurant with awesome view of NYC especially when we went (1930hrs). I made reservations almost a month in advance for two and when we arrived, we were given two options of seating. A table for two directly in the middle of the room and next to main traffic area or outside (in the upper 50s). We were not pleased with these options, especially when trying to spend a romantic dinner together. We were finally seated next to the rear entrance where traffic in and out was constant as was a cold breezes from outside. Over all, we had a great time with each others company but would more than likely not return.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningTonyjrDined on 10/17/2014From the moment you arrive the staff is happy and friendly, the waiter is attentive but not over bearing so your conversation and meal is not constantly interrupted. Perfect for a romantic meal or special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place was all around greatShotime40Dined on 10/14/2014This place was really great. Easy to find. Tons of parking. The staff was great and tentive. The sushi was fantastic. The bread was perfect. My meal was wonderful. The price is just right. And the scene of course caps it all off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveningcsecheverriaDined on 10/10/2014absolutely wonderful, had a great time. highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/5/2014Door was kept open for indoor dining. Became very breezy at table told they couldn't close doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great Staff is cluelessMPD523Dined on 10/4/2014We had an 8:30 dinner reservation and arrived about 20 minutes early, so we decided to have a drink at the bar. After about 15 minutes past out reservation time, I inquired to the staff as to when our table would be available. Both ladies had no positive answer or clue on how to deal with the situation. So waited longer. At 9:00 again no news as to being sat. No offer on buying us a cocktail or appetizer. Eventually we were sat and enjoyed our meal. Wouldn't not come back but would try to make an early reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary celebrationannicouple45Dined on 10/3/2014Love everything about Liberty House! Service to food to cocktails! Sushi suburb! View outstanding! We visit at least 5 times a year and love it every time! Table seating was prefect! Will be returning next month for my birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetoeatoutDined on 10/3/2014One of my favorite restaurants. Have dined here about five times, never disappointed. View is outstanding. Only con: this trip our waiter wasn't as personable and friendly as the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liberty house experienceCareybooDined on 9/28/2014Definitely a beautiful place. I asked for a seat with the nyc skyline view however the host sat us behind a little tent area where we couldn't see. The food was delicious, however my husband asked for his steak medium well and it came out very very pink. Waiter was very friendly. I would definitely come here aganSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoxesfavDined on 9/28/2014What a fantastic view ! The staff is very attentive and professional. The food is very good and interesting. The day we ate at Liberty House they had a chateaubriand special that was fantastic. You have your take your special someone there for brunch, lunch or dinner and then take a stroll along the water and watch the Manhattan side gleam with its beauty. A great place !!Special Features:
- Holiday lunchBrunoDined on 9/25/2014We had such a wonderful time at Libert House, the food was so good and plenty to eat. The little boys had fun playing outside and the view of New York was great. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient but not good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/25/2014We went after visiting Statue of Liberty. Staff were very friendly. Service was however Very slow and it was not crowded. There is no kids menu but they were able to produce Mac & Cheese but this can in a very hot cast iron skillet- not safe for small children. Adults ordered fish and chips where there was barely any evidence of fish just huge abouts of batter. There were large amount of French fries but these were soggy. There are very few options if you need to eat around there but I would certainly not recommend going out of my way until food is improved
- Jersey City gemphenomeRONDined on 9/25/2014If you're looking for a romantic spot, a business lunch place, or a scenic view of Manhattan, come here! Great food, outstanding service, and a nice ambience. You can't go wrong.Special Features:
- View of NYC with wonderful foodAlGat313Dined on 9/21/2014Met with friends from the shore and had a great brunch with them. 7 people for $300.00. Service and food were very good, lots of choices. View of New York Skyline is spectacular!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Our dinner was superb and our waiter was charming and on top of keeping us happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful sunset dinnerBrissyFoodie2104Dined on 9/14/2014Liberty House is one of those 'hidden gems' that the Jerseysiders are very lucky to have in their own back yard! Stunning views across to Manhattan day and night, however sunset is a divine experience. We're visiting from Australia, and after eating out at Michelin star restaurants in Manhattan, it was at Liberty we were really able to relax, enjoy and not feel rushed. Food was wonderful and I highly recommend this place. We'd love to return one day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- revannessVIPDined on 9/12/2014Good food and location. Arrived early to have a drink outside and enjoy the view. It is very hard to get a drink outside. They are losing money by not doing a better job of this. Also, the drinking water needs to be filtered for taste.Special Features:
- Ellis I, Statue & Liberty HouseYogiBooDined on 9/9/2014Lunch at Liberty House was a special and relaxing way to end the Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty tour. Enjoyed lunch on the patio, and the view is incomparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time for everything. ArrivedpuddychrisDined on 9/7/2014early & were told not open, go to bar/walk around & you will be called, asked where to be seated, outside. Walked around, came back, people being seated, no one called for us. Went to desk, where do you want to be seated, again. We get seated, waiter asks for beverages, asked for a Champagne Cocktail, he did not know what I was talking about, asked what was in it, go ask the bartender, so settled for Bellini. Apps good/no question, pork chop was delicious /short ribs were great, paella was horrible,& one ordered vegetable roll, no soy sauce came with it, even though the dish for it was. Even though, when making res., told them it was my birthday, my husband had to get up & ask for candle/sing with dessert, they did for next table not meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View ... Great FoodFoodieDined on 9/7/2014This place is fabulous! The killer view of Manhattan coupled with the ever so tasty food and the top of the line service made a Sunday brunch the best ever. Try the Mediterranean salad for starters and any entree to follow. Everything we ate and shared was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious as we sat outdoors and marveled at the grandeur of the newly rebuilt World Trade Center. The drinks are to die for especially the Champagne Sangria...YUM!Special Features:
- delicious food&spectacular sceneryannie1982Dined on 9/6/2014we enjoyed very good food (appetizers, sushi and pork chobs) for dinner and enjoyed every minute of the perfect scenery - the skyline of manhatten - spectacular! the service was very friendly. prices are moderate. we would always come back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovetodineatLibertyHouseDined on 8/26/2014OMG! A 6 piece jazz band and vocalist, the best food ever, best service ever! Perfect evening.Special Features:
- LOVE This placeMNeujahrVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food, Great wine , Beautiful scenery!!!! A must go!Special Features:
- Location, Location, Location!ElaineDined on 8/19/2014Take the water taxi into lower Manhattan for the 9/11 Memorial and Museum and then have dinner at the Liberty House. Perfect way to end the day, plus they validate your parking!-- Love that they have half portions of pasta. -- JA little noisy, but that adds to energy level. They had a band playing outside which was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent locationJenCDined on 8/19/2014I chose this restaurant because the pictures online looked appropriate for the client lunch I was booking. I drove the client and as we approached the location you could see just how unique and special the location and view were out of this world. After living and working in NYC for 28 years, I can honestly say this was a hidden treasure in a part of town I did not know existed. The food and service were very good but, I came off as a superstar due to the location, amazing for weddings and corporate events however so off the beaten track just knowing this exists is special enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect! Just perfect!KennyDined on 8/15/2014Had an amazing night with my girlfriend, went out to celebrate our first year anniversary and everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCocoa1Dined on 8/15/2014I have been here a few times. Lunch, dinner, with just my husband, family (adult children) experience has always been excellent. From vallet to staff all were courteous and friendly. It is a destination but not touristy. We walked over to 9 11 memorial and skyline.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only OKGMendez1VIPDined on 8/14/2014I've been to the Liberty House a few times....food and drinks have gone down hill.....last time I was there in June, we sent back a large portion of the food for various reasons, this time, I kept it, but wasn't happy. Nothing exceptional, very average at way above average pricing. Even the "specialty" summer watermelon drink, which sound great on paper, did not come close to being a great summer drink... If not for the view, I would not go at all....Summer is almost over, and I will wait until next year to see if they have improved...Special Features:
- Nice!!!LuvfoodDined on 8/6/2014I went there during Hudson Restaurant week. It's located in the Liberty State Park. The view from the restaurant was great. The meal was nice and the portion is generous. I highly recommend the restaurant and definitely want to visit again.Special Features:
- Exquisite view and food to matchcliffdwellerDined on 8/5/2014Attentive helpful staff was an added bonus to the well prepared and presented food. Beautiful decor inside couldn't compete with the view of NY harbor and Manhattan's skyline.Special Features: