Liberté Urban Chic Lounge
120 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Liberté Urban Chic Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libertelounge.com/index.cfm
- Phone: (215) 569-8300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Afternoon Tea: 2:30pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Daily; 4:30pm - 10:30pm; Late Night menu: 10:30pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Entertainment on selected dates
A word from Liberté Urban Chic Lounge
Discover Liberté a chic urban lounge serving hand-crafted cocktails and contemporary, French-inspired food in one of the city's loveliest settings. Bedecked in bold jewel tones of ruby and garnet and outfitted with dynamic, modern furniture, the Center City Philadelphia lounge offers guests three seating options. Gather with friends or colleagues: at the length of the bar itself. Share an intimate moment in the cozy lounge alongside the working fireplace. Or enjoy a meal in the more casual elegant dining area. Sample from a menu of simple-yet-delectable dishes, including our De-light healthy options. Relax in the stunning oval-shaped central bar, where acclaimed mixologists shake, muddle and stir hand-crafted, artisanal cocktails. This charming Center City bar brings back a bygone era – the slick, smooth appeal of a perfectly made drink in a stunning setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Liberté Urban Chic Lounge - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Liberté Urban Chic Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (9)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Used to be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/6/2014My second time dining here. I was very disppointed to find that their exceptional wine list has shrunk. The overall wine selections are now very limited, especially compared to what used to be a very nice French wine list. The food is still good, but now a very limited menu. They seem to be focusing more on the bar menu which makes sense for their location (in a hotel lobby), but really takes away from the dining experience. Would defintely go back for happy hour and/or bar eats, but will go elsewhere for a nice dinner with fine wine.
- PA wine was deliciousAngieVDined on 10/17/2014Crazy, right? The bartender let me try a sip before I ordered it and I loved it. I always like the vibe of a boutique hotel bar, especially when I don't want to run into anyone I know. It was great. The bartender is busy yet attentive. We had a couple small plates at the bar--get the arugula with burrata. The hummus plate was nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chickieOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Celebrated a friend's birthday lunch. It has been a tradition for a few years. Food, service and atmosphere lovely. The bread basket was excellent, our turkey club sandwiches were delicous, and the fries crispy and perfectly salted. Received a complimentary birthday dessert (a sampler) which was the most delicious part of the meal. Would return for lunch again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014Service was good. It was odd to not accept the phone version of a TravelZoo certificate. Printing of the certificate was required, which was a hassle for beginning what was to be a smooth and relaxing evening. The service was friendly, the smoked trout (?) on toast was unique and excellent, the halibut bites were unremarkable, and the value for the volume/quality was under what I expected.
- Hotel BarSpodra77Dined on 9/15/2014Although the food is delicious, Liberte Urban Chic Lounge is simply a hotel bar/lounge. I have been there for a wine tasting in the past and had a very nice time. It is in the hotel lobby and the bar is quite loud. A great choice if you are staying at the hotel or attending Happy Hour with friends but not if you are expecting a quiet dinner with top notch service. There was also no hostess to be seen.Special Features:
- Don't botherHudsonDined on 8/3/2014Service was terrible and the appetizers made us seek another restaurant for dinner. Our server disappeared for half an hour, leaving us to walk to the bar to order more drinks directly from the bartender, then even the bartender didn't serve us! And the nibbles and drinks we ordered were bland and forget able-bodied worth the calories or money. This was the only disappointing part of our stay at the Sofitel... And will leave me going elsewhere for our next stay in the city.
- You Will Love ItDiscerningDinerDined on 8/1/2014I was a bit skeptical at first because I thought the menu was limited. While that may be true, we enjoyed everything we ordered. I feel in love with the smoked trout tartine and I only tried it based upon a recommendation from the waitress. My friend ordered the wings and loved them as well. My main entrée was the filet and frites and both were cooked to perfection. Also, the cocktails were crisp and not watered down at all.Special Features:
- Forgot its a hotel restaurant!yougetwhatyoupayforVIPDined on 7/30/2014I've been here now for both lunch and dinner. The servers here are very personable and attentive and the food is great. Kids menu. The Liberte' cocktail (pear) was fantastic. The halibut and salmon are both worth trying. The lemon cheesecake was just ok. I wonder why this place isn't busier for dining, maybe it was just a slow night. The name throws me off....like if you have to say 'urban chic', are you?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 113 reviews are from the Liberté Urban Chic Lounge reviews archive.
- Great food! Will definitely returnnufoodieDined on 7/12/2014I started with the heirloom tomato gazpacho which was a delight on a warm summer evening. I chose the day scallops entre which was perfectly prepared with a medley of light summer flavors complimenting the perfectly cooked sweet scallops. For dessert I ordered the citrus cheese cake which my server recommended, a light yet rich combination of citrus chocolate and cheese flavors which was a perfect ending to a great meal. I am looking forward to exploring the rest of the menuSpecial Features:
- Special!MadameAtTheMadisonVIPDined on 7/11/2014Creative combinations of delicious, fresh foods. Perfectly prepared fish. Watermelon, tomato, plum, onion and arugala salad combined sweet, bitter, and acidic for an electrifying taste. Perfect service in this seemingly undiscovered, romantic, spot. Exceptional breads. And the best sangria in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Contemporary FrenchPennoakDined on 6/28/2014The four of us had a very nice dinner prior to theater. The staff were very friendly with on time service. The food was very good just a bit pricey for the portions. A nice place all in all. Valet parking was appreciated at the Sofitel Hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SelfoodVIPDined on 6/16/2014Lovely tranquil surroundings in an elegant settingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 6/4/2014WE went for high tea and it was wonderful. Delicious chicken salad, etc. and fabulous desserts. Service was great and also had bellinis....it was relaxing and a beautiful restaurant. Did it before wish my husband and another couple. Thank you Sofitel for such a wonerful afternoon.Special Features:
- Excellent food & excellent serviceProfNancyDined on 6/1/2014They weren't very busy on a Sunday night, so the noise level may be higher at other times, but it was a delightfully quiet, elegant space. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly, and the food was tasty and beautifully presented. We also learned that they are committed to offering low-calorie alternatives -- in my case a delicious gazpacho, a lovely roasted "amish chicken" with fresh veggies, and a mango mouse and berries. Modest portions, hold the carbs and fats, and really tasty. Nice job!Special Features:
- Glasses...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Our martini was not served in a martini glass. That was a problem. They said they did not have any glasses! Not cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very pleasant relaxing atmospherehudviewDined on 5/9/2014We enjoyed a very nice dinner here. The service was friendly and attentive. We appreciated the fact that there is a light choice from each portion of the menu - including dessert. The halibut was perfectly cooked and delicious. My companion had the Amish chicken and enjoyed it. The homemade sorbet was a perfect finish.
- Very Nice!CraigVIPDined on 4/20/2014The food was great, service outstanding, great wine. The recommended stone ground polenta and then the halibut entree--phenomenal!Special Features:
- Beautiful elegant placeNewZagats2VIPDined on 3/29/2014All the food here is pretty awesome and so other people especially the woman who seated us she was absolutely delightful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful soupsAndyVIPDined on 3/27/2014My colleague and I went for a quick drink and appetizers. The French Onion soup was the best I have ever eaten! Delicious. Nice wait staff and they were very attentive. Definitely would go back.Special Features:
- A special lunchBradyDined on 3/26/2014We very much enjoyed our relaxed lunch with terrific and delightful service. The food was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quiet lunchMitchdishVIPDined on 3/18/2014I love the atmosphere, the service, the fact that the calorie count is on the menu. Great food with French flairSpecial Features:
- Nice afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/17/2014We went there for the afternoon tea. It is a nice treat. The service is superb. We had a leisure tranquil afternoon.Special Features:
- Tea timeSuzESDined on 3/15/2014High tea at Liberte was delightful. It was the perfect way to celebrate a birthday. Great food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies Day OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/8/2014Our group of 7 ladies used a deal for Afternoon Tea and we had a great time! The tea I had, Du Hammam, was excellent! And the sandwiches/scones/desserts were just as good. After our food was dropped off, our server disappeared and we didn't see her for another 20 min... so a check in would have been nice, but overall it was a nice treat.Special Features:
- Tea was fabulous. We celebratedlobster101VIPDined on 2/23/2014Tea was fabulous. We celebrated friends' anniversary and the Sofitel was great!!!! My husband doesn't drink tea and he hadcappucinno instead. The food was great....everything was delicious....dessert.....yummy!!!! The whole experience was wonderful. Definitely we would all return. Thank you Sofitel for a great afternoon.lSpecial Features:
- Date night with fianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/16/2014My fiance and I had a dinner here. The location is a little weird, as it is in the hotel lobby. However, I loved the overall atmosphere and the staff was very attentive. Our food was delicious! We requested a quieter spot in the restaurant, and they put us in this corner, which was nice because we had some more privacy. We were all dressed up, and I felt a little overdressed, as there were some hotel guests there, but it was okay because it was our special date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff was really great. TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014Staff was really great. They were informative and helpful.Special Features:
- Loved the ambience. Made youKoKoVIPDined on 2/4/2014Loved the ambience. Made you feel that you were in the City at a really cool modern place. Slow night at dinner. Staff was great. Bar had a great feel to it.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceMingDined on 1/31/2014Our waitress, Annalisa was so accommodating and knowledgable. She made the experience so incredible. The food and drinks were awesome.Special Features:
- DisappointmentLimeDined on 1/28/2014Went here for RW with friends. The food was ok, nothing special. First course we all had the French Onion soup, which was served table side into a bowl containing bread and cheese. For all of the fanfare, it was average f.o. soup that could have come from a can. For the second course, I had the short ribs and a friend had the salmon. The sor ribs were cooked well, but could have had more flavor. The salmon was good, but not outstanding. For dessert, my friends chose the creme brulee and I had the chocolate pretzel bread pudding. Both selections were horrible. Would not eat here again or recommend to anyone.
- My friend and I always selectOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 1/26/2014My friend and I always select restaurants that we have not eaten in before during Restaurant Week and that is why we choose Liberte at the Sofitel Hotel. We were both pleasantly surprised at not only the wonderful food, but also the superior service. I would recommend and already have recommended this restaurant to my family and friends. This restaurant is definitely on my favorites list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst food everValerieDined on 1/26/2014My fiancé and I went there for restaurant week and it was absolutely horrible. Everything was either too salty or not seasoned enough. We didn't even finish our food. Just paid the bill and left. It was the worst food I've had in a very long time
- Went for afternoon tea, theOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014Went for afternoon tea, the room was beautiful but service and tea sandwiches were equal to free-standing "tea" restaurants.
- Tea in the afternoontea4twoDined on 12/28/2013I have had high tea at several locations and was a bit disappointed with the small sample of tea sandwiches served. There were too many desserts and too few tea sandwiches for a mature palate. The scones were very good, tow per person was reasonable. Since this is a new venture for Liberte, I think you have time to make adjustments to the offerings before word gets out.
- Never, Ever Disappointed!RickTessDined on 12/18/2013Whenever my wife and I visit Philadelphia we always stay at the Sofitel Hotel. And, even though we plan to try other restaurants, we end up eating most of our meals in the hotel's Liberté Lounge because the food and service can't be beat. My wife especially loves the rack of lamb. On our last trip when we got back from an evening out, we stopped in the Liberté for a late night drink, and even though the bar was really popping, it wasn't loud and we enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Restaurant-Great FooddeanoVIPDined on 11/21/2013We arrived a bit late and Receptionist was so gracious and sat us quickly. Watress was fun and engaging, seamlessly offering refreshments and quickly apprising us of the specials and offered good commentary on each of the Entres. It was a great dining experience and the food was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting; bleh foodjwjwVIPDined on 11/19/2013My friend and I went to Liberte Urban chic Lounge for lunch. The setting is lovely and quiet enough for good conversation. But the food was disappointing. I ordered the Thai Cobb Salad, which, at $16 was pricey, but sounded interesting. It looked beautiful in the plate but it was truly awful to eat -- bland and unpleasant. My friend ordered squash soup and a side pear salad. She had to add a ton of salt and pepper to the soup to try to get some flavor in her mouth, and even then, she didn't finish her meal because it was simply not good.
- Flexible and fancy!ShawVIPDined on 11/7/2013I was setting up a dinner for my networking group and made the reservation here. Some of us arrived early and the host had our table ready in a snap. We had planned for 8 but when another four showed up they helped us extend the table to accommodate the entire group. The food and drinks were great and our waitress was very friendly and helped my guests have a better experience. We were also surprised at how reasonable the bill was considering the quality of the food and how well decorated the area is. Thanks!Special Features:
- Liberte SofitelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013The atmosphere is between a hotel restaurant and a hotel bar. That being said, the rack of Colorado lamb was fabulous. Great appetizers and sorbet. The food is fantastic. Very pleasant atmosphere. Short, but very good, wine list. Short, but very good, menu.
- You won't be disappointed!RickTessDined on 10/23/2013The food was absolutely superb from appetizer to dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.