Libby's Cafe & Bar
1917 South Osprey Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Libby's Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libbyscafebar.com/
- Phone: (941) 487-7300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 3:00pm-Close;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30-3:00;
Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm;
Thursday Ladies' Night, 9pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kyle Harrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Choose from three different menus based on price, bar and event or customize your own private dinner or special celebration; private dining rooms available on-site
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights (9pm - 2am) -- DJ Scotty B and DJ Santana
- Special Events: Private dining rooms are available with varied menu options to customized events based on interest and budget
A word from Libby's Cafe & Bar
Lively and casually sophisticated Libby's Cafe + Bar has won over the hearts and palates of Sarasota diners and visitors since opening in October 2008. Its Modern American cuisine includes creative Asian and Italian influences with small and large plate options. Whether it’s enjoying a Happy Hour special, lunch, Sunday Brunch, dinner or a special occasion event in the private dining room, value, quality and service consistency is paramount for this family owned café that thrives on genuine hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Libby's Cafe & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (72)fit for foodies (55)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (40)great for lunch (40)good for groups (39)vibrant bar scene (37)great for brunch (30)hot spot (24)romantic (18)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (3)Show More
- Love Libby'sDJBOCADined on 8/24/2014Me. Seidensticker has outdone himself. The best restaurant on the Gulf Coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Consistently fine. If you are seated away from the raucous bar, dining is a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale & friendlyBarry09VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always great service & great food. Elegant surroundings. All four of us had different dinners . Both woman had Large salads topped with large piece of salmon. I had a HUGE burger and everyone shared my large order of fries which came with the burger. The other guy had soup and a meat dish that he loved All around a normal great meal at LibbysSpecial Features:
- Great place for a business lunch!AustinJamborVIPDined on 8/20/2014I do 3 – 5 business lunches a week. I choose my restaurants based on three areas: Quality of food - Quality of Service - Ambiance. Libby’s constantly hits on all three – and the value is superb!Special Features:
- GreatJimnanDined on 8/19/2014Recently lunched with a group of friends that we don't get to see too often. Food selection was wonderful and tastefully done. The menu includes standby favorites for those with less adventurous palates as well as distinctive creations for the epicurean. The vegan can also find a number of tasty dishes from which to choose . We were not rushed to order or to pay the check giving us plenty of time to talk, to enjoy our meals, and each others company. Loved the round table which made for all inclusive conversation. Our waitress was attentive to our needs and friendly. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOdurantDined on 8/15/2014We always look forward to visiting Libby's when we're in the Sarasota area!Special Features:
- Specialty meatloaf cheapenedRedtreeDined on 8/10/2014They used to have a Kobe beef meat loaf with a quails egg that was to die for. They have cheapened up the meat by using Kobe beef, veal and pork. They are saving money and still charging $22. Not worth $12 now. Too bad. I used to love Libby's.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!DonnaCDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful dinner choices are offered on the prix fix dinner menu. Fantastic flavors, portions, and service made this a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSabrinaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Libby's is the place we go when we want a reliable great meal.Special Features:
- Solid choiceDS11VIPDined on 8/4/2014There are a lot of good restaurants in the Sarasota area. This is one of them. Excellent fresh food, professional service (thanks Adam) and an enjoyable environment. Interesting twists on some favorite dishes (try the tacos). Will look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak saladJaccDined on 7/31/2014The best steak salad that I have ever had! Wonderful flavor!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Always good but get seated well away from the bar as its is always at high noise level obtunding normal conversationSpecial Features:
- The following 1091 reviews are from the Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews archive.
- excellent as usualDAXIEDined on 7/20/2014Brunch again was excellent and service always attentive but not patronizing. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiGiDined on 7/14/2014Our lunch was a business meeting and the atmosphere was perfect to have a very concentrated conversation. The food and service were excellent -- the attention paid to us during our lucnh meeting was fantastic without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnmillerpgh15Dined on 7/12/2014Libby's is a highly rated Sarasota Restaurant. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Although we say for 15 minutes before a server approached us, he immediately recognized the error (actually he was mortified), and bent over backwards to enhance our dining experience. The only criticism involves the chairs in the main dining area - the seats are very hard and uncomfortable, and need to be replaced. My wife had to request several napkins the place on the seat. The bar area is quite nice, and in light of the cushioned seating will be where we try to dine next time. Finally, the acoustics are fair to poor; in other words, it is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchChristineFoodieDined on 7/12/2014One of my all time brunch menu favorites is lox and bagels. I was so excited about their Flatbread Lox: flat"bread" is not flat"cracker". The flatbread was hard, and I could not taste the salmon. All I could taste was egg. So disappointing. For 14.99? Expecting way better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sarasota must!FSCmiaDined on 7/10/2014Every single time we have gone to Libby's we have been very impressed. Never a bad meal and always great service. A unique and delicious dish is the Pear Tortalini! Very recommended... A long standing Sarasota gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better never than lateJerseygirlDined on 7/9/2014We were running late so I called and asked if they would hold our reservation. The host very graciously agreed to keep our table until we arrived. We ordered appetizers, dinner, and iced tea. The portions were small (5 quarter-sized scallops, 6 small slices of Wasabi tuna, soggy salad beneath 6 steak slices) for the price they charged, the service was half-hearted, and we felt less than welcome. We've been to Libby's before and had great meals and service but it will be quite a while before we return after such a disappointing evening. Oh yes, after a couple of reminders our iced tea arrived at the end of the meal.
- A Fabulous MealLWRFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our table was ready early so we had a drink at the table before dinner. Trent was a fabulous waiter and service was terrific. The Caesar salad was served in a traditional wooden bowl and tasted freshly made. I had the perfect portion of cedar wrapped salmon and it was tender and moist. I had a small order of their award winning parmesan truffle fries for dessert! Yum! Better than cookie with ice cream that my husband had. The noise level was off the charts which is the only draw back to the restaurant. Everything is hard surfaces so the noise bounces off the ceilings and walls. There was an obnoxious gentleman near us who had no self awareness and thought everyone needed and wanted to hear him! Hate that.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014We went with our teenagers and all of us enjoyed our meal. The service was great and the cocktails were tasty. I would recommend Libby's to foodies. You have to try the blue cheese chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast or brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The four of us were very pleased with the experience. Orders are taken from the menu. We had blueberry pancakes and huevos ranchero which we recommend. The special cocktails were a wonderful treat. The waitress was unfailingly friendly and always wore a smile.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRPDinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We tried a new item (Double Dragon Flash Fried shrimp & calamari) and an old standby (lamb burger) and, as always, found the food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!PaulaCDined on 6/27/2014This was our third visit and it did not disappoint. Dinner was amazing but if you can only visit once go for brunch, it's awesome (and that's not a word a Brit uses very often!) The team are friendly and professional and the whole dining experience is as quick or leisurely as you want to make it. We had pre dinner drinks in the bar and it was buzzing. The bar staff are efficient yet personal at the same time. Visit Libby's and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good pick!TXdinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Our first time to Libby's. We dined a bit later than the usual dinner hour (8:30), so restaurant not as crowded as it could be. Everyone friendly, waiter knowledgeable about the menu. We were both happy with our dinner selections. Can't go wrong with local Florida grouper! A good end to a busy day in Sarasota. We would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Libby'sjdgroup3Dined on 6/21/2014My husband, 15 year old son, and I are at Libby's for the first time at the recommendation of my Uncle. My husband had the Kobe meatloaf special, my son the mixed seafood pasta, and I had the Mahi tacos with house salad.All were delicious! Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmjmeyerDined on 6/19/2014Libby's was terrific. Brian was great. Food was diverse and flavorful. Choices were good. All the different flavors were terrific. The small plates were great for the ladies. The evening was perfect. The best we've had on the gulf coast for a special occasion. Loved it!!Special Features:
- New Menu is AwesomeNannyVIPDined on 6/17/2014We tried the vegetable pad thai from the new menu and it was great! Love the new menu items!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Father's DayniteoutinItalyVIPDined on 6/15/2014Well prepared food, at affordable prices, with attentive service. Can't ask for anything better!!Special Features:
- Previous visits were betterCookingfoodieDined on 6/14/2014We love the service in the bar and enjoy the small plates menu. We moved from there into the dining room where food and service took a nose-dive. The waiter did not know the menu, provided non-answers when asked basic questions or information that was found to have been wrong. We were frustrated, left with our dessert to go which we ended up throwing away. It was on a special menu...pie (mostly rough sliced bananas) in what was intended to be a pie shell for savory recipes. It was beyond awful. We may go back but I am not comfortable recommending the restaurant at this point.Special Features:
- GoodDiningVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants iin Sarasota, Exciting food. Wish they could do something about the noise level. I am used to high levels but this one makes it difficult to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLov2dineVIPDined on 6/14/2014Whenever you go to Libby's you know the food will be delicious and innovative, the cocktails excellent and the wine list extensive. Our favorite is to dine outside. The service is always superb. The waiters are not only attentive, but they are knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Libby's Cafe & BarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Libby's Cafe & Bar is a lively upscale restaurant. Tables are appointed with white table cloths with brown cloth napkins, impeccably clean plates, glass'es, and flatware. Service was great from the waiter, salad and dessert, and buss boy, personnel. White wines were all 2011, priced from $35- $42 per bottle, which shows Libby's is up to date for white wine maturity. The noise level was quite high at times, just from the number of people engaged in the lively art of conversation. Restrooms were clean, but you had to pass by waiter stations at the back of the restaurant, which were quite busy. Expect to pay $70 per person, which includes $35 bottle of wine, dessert, tax, tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the BestMissDDined on 6/10/2014Good food. Great service. .our favorite in Sarasota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My "go to" placeJudyBDined on 6/10/2014I eat here frequently with friends and enjoy the food and wine. The prices are very reasonable. especially given that it is such an upscale place. The menu features the basics with a twist and some innovative and delicious dishes. The service is prompt and professional. My only complaint would be the noise level so I tend to go during off hours when there are fewer people. If you are in the Sarasota area, it is definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJenFDined on 6/5/2014The service was outstanding and the food was excellent. We really enjoyed the parmesan fries and deviled eggs. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedJeffVIPDined on 6/2/2014We've been here before and liked it. This time the lamb much too peppery, the chicken was much to bland and the piped in music was annoying. Don't think we'll return when there are so many other choiced.
- Best brunch everLynnDined on 6/1/2014I had the best sausages, ( I don't think meat) blueberry pancakes and hashbrowns; not a buffet, and the recipes were special for all three items; it was delicious; third time at the restaurant, first time, and not the last for brunch. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful Meal in every wayImissNewOrleansDined on 5/31/2014We celebrated a high school graduation at Libby's on a Saturday night with 10 people (4 teenagers with fairly discerning tastes in food, and six adults). Several people in the group were from New Orleans (where food is the universal language) and a couple were well-traveled, and everyone loved Libby's. From the extensive and interesting menu to the attentive service, it was a marvelous experience. We had the black-eyed pea hummus, korean spare ribs and patatas bravas small plates, and between them they pleased the vegetarians and the meat-eaters alike. Most everyone had seafood of some sort for dinner (seafood pasta, seared tuna, mahi tacos and local grouper were big hits) and everyone plans to return. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Superb affordable dining!James7777777Dined on 5/25/2014My wife and I brought a dear friend and her companion here. We came here for brunch. Their "libbypalooza" was excellent. The blueberry pancakes were like a dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YoyoDined on 5/24/2014The meatloaf is outstanding. Nice atmosphere. Friendly. We have eaten here many times and we always enjoy our food, drinks, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.