Libby's Cafe & Bar
1917 South Osprey Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34239Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Libby's Cafe & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.libbyscafebar.com/
- Phone: 9414877300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Daily 3:00pm-Close;
Saturday & Sunday Brunch 10:30-3:00;
Happy Hour Daily 4-7pm;
Thursday Ladies' Night, 9pm-2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Kyle Harrington
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Choose from three different menus based on price, bar and event or customize your own private dinner or special celebration; private dining rooms available on-site
- Entertainment: Thursday Nights (9pm - 2am) -- DJ Scotty B and DJ Santana
- Special Events: Private dining rooms are available with varied menu options to customized events based on interest and budget
A word from Libby's Cafe & Bar
Lively and casually sophisticated Libby's Cafe + Bar has won over the hearts and palates of Sarasota diners and visitors since opening in October 2008. Its Modern American cuisine includes creative Asian and Italian influences with small and large plate options. Whether it’s enjoying a Happy Hour special, lunch, Sunday Brunch, dinner or a special occasion event in the private dining room, value, quality and service consistency is paramount for this family owned café that thrives on genuine hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Libby's Cafe & Bar - Best Restaurants in Sarasota ›
Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (49)great for lunch (37)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (32)good for groups (29)great for brunch (23)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Prix Fixe an undeniable gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Libby's Prix Fixe dinner offers a great selection, three courses and wine or beer for $16. It's available everyday until 5:30. You can't beat it and the portions are large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary ValueSarasotanDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I are full-time Sarasota residents. We go to Libby's frequently for their prix fixe dinner. It is an exceptional value. For $16, you get soup or salad, an entree, dessert and a glass of wine. Service is excellent, as is the food. Everyone treats you as a valued customer. We have never bad meal or bad service at Libby's. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Sarasota.Special Features:
- Lunch ReviewjackiezfoodlineDined on 10/15/2014Chipotle could dish out a better ingredients for Los Pollos Hermanos. Who ever heard of pepper on french fries with or without greasy fries served cold.
- A great experience!LKSarasotaDined on 10/11/2014The food was outstanding as usual (even the tartar sauce :) and the service was exceptional during this visit--thanks to Joseph M! We love coming to this restaurant--truly a local gem!Special Features:
- Libbys is a solid choiceOspreyguyDined on 10/8/2014Four of us on a Wednesday night had a great time. The menu has a great variety - fish to meatloaf! Didn't have the meatloaf but the chicken with pesto and roasted peppers was great. A solid choice in a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Always ExcellentCLIFFSIDEVIPDined on 10/6/2014What can I say about Libby's Excellent We have been there often for lunch also dinner.First excellent service all the time Best salmon anywhere hands done The one comment you hear from so many diners why no decaf cappuccino for a first class ResturantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SHOULD BE FIBBY'SManjaDined on 10/4/2014Food under par for the price. VERY noisy. Difficult menu to choose from. Two dishes that were "main" line items. Hamburgers and 2 pasta dishes. One pasta and meatballs, and pasta with fish. I had pasta it was cold and no taste. One of us had salmon and it was almost impossible to eat it. The thai dish was loaded with salt. Check for 4 was !$196 we left a $40 tip and not even a thank you. There are much better places to go and when the mall opens up I am sure there customers if they have any regulars will drift away.Special Features:
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014Nice atmosphere and menu. Our service was not the greatest. Once waitress took order, we did not see much of her. Didnt refill wine glasses, didn't check back when we got our food to make sure everything was ok. It would say it was a fine experience, but not the best.
- Wow from the start!FoodmagicDined on 10/3/2014Excellent first time experience, and decided to go from other 5 star reviews. Food, service and selection was flawless. Exceptional wedge salad and the Nueske's Bacon chunks a big hit. Burger was perfectly cooked and along with salad was "share-able" size for lunch with my husband. We are from out of the area and will return again for dinner.Special Features:
- Barbecue option - just okepicureanfanDined on 9/30/2014We have always enjoyed Libby's, and decided to try their new barbecue option available on Tuesday nights. To our surprise, it was basically one choice with a few various presentations of barbecue brisket, either as an entree, or a sandwich, etc. Brisket was tender and tasty but needed a barbecue sauce. Service was excellent, and the happy hour drink was well made. All in all, an okay dinner, but we will save barbecue for other restaurants who specialize in it.Special Features:
- Excellent expeienceRelaxingTimeOutDined on 9/28/2014The waiter was vey considerate, explained everything, and did not rush us. The food was delicious. We will return!Special Features:
- Always First RateCLIFFSIDEVIPDined on 9/23/2014We have dined here several times since moving to the area. Libby's is a first class restaurant with all the elements in place . We had lunch today great burgers a wide range of selections to choose from. Service is always first rate The owner must revisit the lack of cappuccino or espresso served as it is in all first class establishments around the world.Special Features:
- blcooksonDined on 9/22/2014I always love going here - they do a great job, have a lovely staff and never get a bad meal.Special Features:
- Better for lunchGNOLDined on 9/19/2014Libby's is one of my most favorite lunch spots. The menu seems more creative and the noise level is quieter than at dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What has happened to libbysFoodie54VIPDined on 9/12/2014Wedge salad is now a quarter of a head of lettuce where it used to be half a head at the same price but is still a great salad. My wife had the Brussels sprout and goat cheese salad which was drowning in dressing- not good at all. Now the bad news after the salads we waited for an hour and a half for our entrees. The table next to us turned to us and said they had been there over two hours and were also disgusted and upset. I politely complained to our waiter who said the manager was coming out. The manager came out and apologized saying there were problems in the kitchen offered a glass of wine and quickly ran away before I even had a chance to say anything. Snapper was lackluster and libbys burger which used to be great was tasteless.
- Slow service & food mediocre.LindyDined on 9/12/2014Disappointing. Service was slow, food less than ideal. Very interesting menu with choices for vegetarians/vegans but execution disappointed. Accoustics also very poor with high noise level. Would not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Love Libby'sDJBOCADined on 8/24/2014Me. Seidensticker has outdone himself. The best restaurant on the Gulf Coast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Consistently fine. If you are seated away from the raucous bar, dining is a pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale & friendlyBarry09VIPDined on 8/22/2014Always great service & great food. Elegant surroundings. All four of us had different dinners . Both woman had Large salads topped with large piece of salmon. I had a HUGE burger and everyone shared my large order of fries which came with the burger. The other guy had soup and a meat dish that he loved All around a normal great meal at LibbysSpecial Features:
- Great place for a business lunch!AustinJamborVIPDined on 8/20/2014I do 3 – 5 business lunches a week. I choose my restaurants based on three areas: Quality of food - Quality of Service - Ambiance. Libby’s constantly hits on all three – and the value is superb!Special Features:
- GreatJimnanDined on 8/19/2014Recently lunched with a group of friends that we don't get to see too often. Food selection was wonderful and tastefully done. The menu includes standby favorites for those with less adventurous palates as well as distinctive creations for the epicurean. The vegan can also find a number of tasty dishes from which to choose . We were not rushed to order or to pay the check giving us plenty of time to talk, to enjoy our meals, and each others company. Loved the round table which made for all inclusive conversation. Our waitress was attentive to our needs and friendly. We will definitely be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOdurantDined on 8/15/2014We always look forward to visiting Libby's when we're in the Sarasota area!Special Features:
- Specialty meatloaf cheapenedRedtreeDined on 8/10/2014They used to have a Kobe beef meat loaf with a quails egg that was to die for. They have cheapened up the meat by using Kobe beef, veal and pork. They are saving money and still charging $22. Not worth $12 now. Too bad. I used to love Libby's.Special Features:
- A wonderful dining experience!DonnaCDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful dinner choices are offered on the prix fix dinner menu. Fantastic flavors, portions, and service made this a memorable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodSabrinaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Libby's is the place we go when we want a reliable great meal.Special Features:
- Solid choiceDS11VIPDined on 8/4/2014There are a lot of good restaurants in the Sarasota area. This is one of them. Excellent fresh food, professional service (thanks Adam) and an enjoyable environment. Interesting twists on some favorite dishes (try the tacos). Will look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak saladJaccDined on 7/31/2014The best steak salad that I have ever had! Wonderful flavor!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Always good but get seated well away from the bar as its is always at high noise level obtunding normal conversationSpecial Features:
- excellent as usualDAXIEDined on 7/20/2014Brunch again was excellent and service always attentive but not patronizing. One of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GiGiDined on 7/14/2014Our lunch was a business meeting and the atmosphere was perfect to have a very concentrated conversation. The food and service were excellent -- the attention paid to us during our lucnh meeting was fantastic without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnmillerpgh15Dined on 7/12/2014Libby's is a highly rated Sarasota Restaurant. The food was very good and reasonably priced. Although we say for 15 minutes before a server approached us, he immediately recognized the error (actually he was mortified), and bent over backwards to enhance our dining experience. The only criticism involves the chairs in the main dining area - the seats are very hard and uncomfortable, and need to be replaced. My wife had to request several napkins the place on the seat. The bar area is quite nice, and in light of the cushioned seating will be where we try to dine next time. Finally, the acoustics are fair to poor; in other words, it is loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchChristineFoodieDined on 7/12/2014One of my all time brunch menu favorites is lox and bagels. I was so excited about their Flatbread Lox: flat"bread" is not flat"cracker". The flatbread was hard, and I could not taste the salmon. All I could taste was egg. So disappointing. For 14.99? Expecting way better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Sarasota must!FSCmiaDined on 7/10/2014Every single time we have gone to Libby's we have been very impressed. Never a bad meal and always great service. A unique and delicious dish is the Pear Tortalini! Very recommended... A long standing Sarasota gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better never than lateJerseygirlDined on 7/9/2014We were running late so I called and asked if they would hold our reservation. The host very graciously agreed to keep our table until we arrived. We ordered appetizers, dinner, and iced tea. The portions were small (5 quarter-sized scallops, 6 small slices of Wasabi tuna, soggy salad beneath 6 steak slices) for the price they charged, the service was half-hearted, and we felt less than welcome. We've been to Libby's before and had great meals and service but it will be quite a while before we return after such a disappointing evening. Oh yes, after a couple of reminders our iced tea arrived at the end of the meal.
- A Fabulous MealLWRFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014Our table was ready early so we had a drink at the table before dinner. Trent was a fabulous waiter and service was terrific. The Caesar salad was served in a traditional wooden bowl and tasted freshly made. I had the perfect portion of cedar wrapped salmon and it was tender and moist. I had a small order of their award winning parmesan truffle fries for dessert! Yum! Better than cookie with ice cream that my husband had. The noise level was off the charts which is the only draw back to the restaurant. Everything is hard surfaces so the noise bounces off the ceilings and walls. There was an obnoxious gentleman near us who had no self awareness and thought everyone needed and wanted to hear him! Hate that.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014We went with our teenagers and all of us enjoyed our meal. The service was great and the cocktails were tasty. I would recommend Libby's to foodies. You have to try the blue cheese chips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast or brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014The four of us were very pleased with the experience. Orders are taken from the menu. We had blueberry pancakes and huevos ranchero which we recommend. The special cocktails were a wonderful treat. The waitress was unfailingly friendly and always wore a smile.Special Features:
- Never disappointsRPDinerVIPDined on 6/28/2014We tried a new item (Double Dragon Flash Fried shrimp & calamari) and an old standby (lamb burger) and, as always, found the food and service excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous!PaulaCDined on 6/27/2014This was our third visit and it did not disappoint. Dinner was amazing but if you can only visit once go for brunch, it's awesome (and that's not a word a Brit uses very often!) The team are friendly and professional and the whole dining experience is as quick or leisurely as you want to make it. We had pre dinner drinks in the bar and it was buzzing. The bar staff are efficient yet personal at the same time. Visit Libby's and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good pick!TXdinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Our first time to Libby's. We dined a bit later than the usual dinner hour (8:30), so restaurant not as crowded as it could be. Everyone friendly, waiter knowledgeable about the menu. We were both happy with our dinner selections. Can't go wrong with local Florida grouper! A good end to a busy day in Sarasota. We would definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1078 reviews are from the Libby's Cafe & Bar reviews archive.