LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
255 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 760-416-1779x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Phelps 7604161779
- Special Events: Banquest facilities available for private parties
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the best by any standard. PRIME steaks have the necessary marbling, that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak-eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA Prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32 oz bone-in ribeye. 4 and 8 bone Colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "Best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)romantic (33)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (18)neighborhood gem (15)scenic view (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LGEMlive4funDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at LG's and it couldn't have been a more prefect choice! It's pricey but well worth it. Our server, Javier, was amazing; kind, informative and attentive. My husband ordered the prime rib which was plentiful and flavorful. I had the halibut which was delicious too. Make sure to order the Caesar salad for two. LG's is known for that. There are many side dishes to choose from to accompany your meal.Javier surprised us with a chocolate lava cake for our anniversary which was to die for! What a night! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at LG'sOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Service was outstanding but the quality of the food seems to have depreciated. My chicken was small and cold when delivered to the table. My spouse's prime rib was tender but lacked taste (bland). The costs of the side dishes are pricey as well as the desert. I have found better value at other local restaurants for less.
- Gone DownhillMcD81VIPDined on 9/18/2014I was here about a year and a half ago and it was very good. This time the food was OK and the service was OK. The Steak were well cooked, but had very little flavor. The crab cake was shredded meat and again had very little flavor. Overall, it was not work the price. Additionally, the bott;e of wine was very warn, it is not stored in at the appropriate temperature.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014One of the worse experiences of "fine dining" I have ecer had.. I was with my best custome and his wife, the waiter James wanted to argue with regards to how drinks would beade instead of fufilling our request.. My first Ribeye steak was cooked medium well ( ordered medium rare), second sreak came back rare.... needles to say I had a couple pieces of my wifes steak and some sides on an apetizer plate... I would like to thank LG for accepting my $300.00 dollars and not answerimg my call back the next day as well.. NEVER WILL GO BACK...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Each time we eat at LG's it is a consistently great experience. Sunday night was no exception. Our food was wonderful, the wine was great and Chip did an outstanding job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I came to Palm Springs for a little weekend getaway and LG's was recommended to us. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was excellent, the service was excellent, and the restaurant was beautiful. We would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking to enjoy the experience of a high end, top level steakhouse and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about this placeclarkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every time I'm in PS I forget about this place. Big martinis is a +++ good from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, subpar servicemichaelsobieDined on 8/31/2014Visiting Palm Springs, I sprung (HA!) for a nice dinner. While the food was great (nothing expected or unexpected from a traditional steakhouse), my server was terrible considering the venue. He took my order and I did not see him the rest of the evening. Busboys cleared plates and refilled water. I waited 25 minutes after my food had been cleared before I had to go to the hostess stand to request my check. Even then it was a manager with whom I dealt, not even my lazy server. Would I go back? Maybe. But if my server abandoned be a second time I can assure you the Chop House or Spencer's would be next on the list to quickly and easily replace LG's.
- Great Service!Abby1LoveDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter, Jesus was excellent, the host staff made sure to have a Happy Anniversary card and placed it on our table upon arrival( nice touch). I like the fact that they offer 1/2 side dishes since my main focus was the gigantic steak I ordered and completely devoured and would not have too much room for side dishes lol... although the creamed spinach was very tasty...and well, yeah I'm not gonna lie, what's dinner without dessert, right? So I ordered the cream brulee and did not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing to say the least!ZackDined on 8/21/2014Disappointing! Good things: Great service - the staff does an outstanding job, Nice place - inside and outside dining options, Great wine list with decent prices. Not so great: Three of us had the $47.95 summer menu which consisted of a very pedestrian salad with what tasted like inexpensive store bought dressing (the Blue Cheese dressing lacked blue cheese), an OK small fillet, a side dish of mashed potatoes which were dried out and tasteless, and some soggy veggies, desert-three scoops of sorbet on a plate. One member of our party ordered individual items and was much happier except for the tasteless potatoes and veggies. There are better options at this price point.Special Features:
- Love this steakhouseDebbieDined on 8/18/2014We have been coming here for years when we visit Palm Springs. One of the beat steakhouses in the country. The prime steaks are prepared to perfection. The Cesar Salad is a must and prepared table side. Family owned - and you feel it. The service is excellent. It's a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good; service suckedGreatbirthdayDined on 8/16/2014The food was rather tasty. They served very large portions. As mentioned in the subject the service was slow. We had to wait about 30 mins for the food to arrive and our server forgot to bring the check. We had to remind the manager that we were waiting.Special Features:
- Always GreatDawnsieDined on 8/15/2014When ever I go to Palms Springs I must go to LG's & have their 16oz lobster. The service is usually great, this time our server was a bit off. Other than that I give the overall experience 5 Stars!!Special Features:
- Friday Night DelightMomSonsNightDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time at the Palm Springs location, & it didn't disappoint. My husband & I have been to the La Quinta & Palm Desert locations several times for our anniversary. The service as well as the food have always been so phenomenal!! I took my sons this time & they Loved it!! This location is right in downtown, & is a must to visit. Can't wait to go back. 🍷cheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience1234Dined on 8/14/2014LGs steakhouse is one of our favorite places to have dinner. Te food is amazing but we truly appreciate the level of service we receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- email@example.comDaveDined on 8/12/2014Food, service impecable. First time dining there and definitely will return. Might be pricy, but you get what you pay for in quality and service. Thanks especially to our waiter. DaveSpecial Features:
- everything was greatluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014I went to LG,s on a first date and it was pretty perfect, other than waiting at the front for someone to seat us, but the hostess was there within after mins. The food and wine were great and ambience was perfect for a first date. I would recommend this restaurant to any of my friend or family.Special Features:
- Great mealChrisMDined on 8/9/2014Came here for a date night and was delighted with the food and service. Table-side Caesar salad was fantastic and steaks were cooked to perfection! We requested a booth table, which was intimate enough to allow for great conversation, however we were still among other groups in the main room which only added to overall ambiance. Was the perfect evening out for a nice meal and fantastic wine. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDee923Dined on 8/9/2014I came here hoping to find a new favorite steak spot, but realized that it was not worth the anticipation, nor the 100 mile drive from la. Come for a special occasion meal in Palm Springs, but don't expect the kind of steak quality that you hear about in food reviews/ on best steak lists.Special Features:
- Yum!TampasDined on 8/1/2014I'm not even a big steak eater, but the rib-eye is amazing & is large enough to feed a small family! Another thing that I'm not normally a big fan of is Caeser Salad, but they make the salad dressing from scratch at your table-side & it is so good. Make sure to order it, you will not be disappointed!Classy place that's very appropriate for special occassions.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I went to LGS with my boyfriend for my birthday. I was thoroughly impressed with both the service and the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Morton'sdesertdinersDined on 7/25/2014The waiter was very animated and personable. But we felt the quality of the food didn't meet our expectations relative to the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- AWESOME PLACE!!cindeeDined on 7/18/2014LG's has always been our favorite place to eat! Service, food, drinks.. everything is impeccable!Special Features:
- Only at LGsmrbluiyzDined on 7/18/2014No matter how many times I go to LG's or what the occasion, it just seems to find a way to get better. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- EhHtmmhVIPDined on 7/13/2014Been here before, albeit, a few years back. Not nearly as good now, as then. From cold soup to fair, at best, steak. Find someplace else, you can do better.
- Great serviceShortstuff52Dined on 7/12/2014We arrived about 20min early fir our reservation and were seated immediately. The service was fantastic and the food spectacular. Will keep you at the top of my list next time visiting Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tonibaconDined on 7/11/2014Steak was great....service was odd. There seemed to be way too many servers around but never the one that was serving us ~ I had to a different server to finally receive the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerStilluv2dateDined on 7/11/2014Dinner was fantastic, service was excellent, the portion sizes were big enough to share. However, booth seating was a little uncomfortable.Special Features:
- WonderfulDawnsieDined on 7/10/2014We make a special trip from L.A. To Palms Springs just to eat at LG's. The food is always perfect, the service is great as is the ambiance. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- solidOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/5/2014only had three menu items and a bottle of wine but all was fantastic. Caesar salad table-side was fun and enjoyable. The 14oz Filet Mignon was wonderful but undercooked inside for what I ordered. mashed potatoes again, perfection! Sat outside and got great attentive service, no shenanigans with the bill and mistaken add on this time. I'll raise my vote to 5Special Features:
- Amazing service and delicious food!GabeDined on 7/5/2014It was my first time there and I have to say I was blown away by the amazing service and most of all delicious food. From beginning to end we were well taken care of by the staff. Caesar salad is a must try.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksLeeSVIPDined on 7/3/2014We found this place to be the best steaks in Palm Springs. We have been to LG's a few times and the food was great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShamazeballsUKLUVPALMSPRINGSDined on 6/25/2014Nothing else to be said, best restaurant in town... Little pricey but hey you get what ya pay for and I'm not rich by any means but I don't mind paying for good grub. Wednesdays pretty good as half off the wine list price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakGbrakeDined on 6/25/2014The food is great. We had steak, twice baked potatoes and mac and cheese. All wonderful.Special Features:
- DisappointedOccassionalDinerDined on 6/14/2014Food was good but way over priced. Service was mediocre.Special Features:
- Wait StaffGt8St8kDined on 6/7/2014Our waiter, Jose, was fabulous. He was patient with our ordering and attentive to every need. He made the experience memorable and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchyDined on 6/7/2014i will not be back. my wife and i ordered a N.Y Strip. it was the full vein end. no white table cloth restuarant serves that piece of meat as it has a vein running through the middle of it and is not edible. i registered a complaint with out server and he sent over the Mgr. he said that their butcher had been there for years and was suprised that it happened. no sorry, no taking money off the bill, nothing, basically too bad. Btw, the steak portion that was edilbe was not tender either.Special Features:
- Best steakhouse in Palm SpringsKimberlyTVIPDined on 6/7/2014With much competition for title of Best Steakhouse in Palm Springs - I think LG's takes the title. Their table side Caesar Salad is delicious. Our filets were cooked as ordered and fork tender with a delicious flavor due to the dry aging. Two in our party ordered the restaurant week specials which gave generous portions at a savings. Small sides were small - don't order expecting to share. My creamed spinach was too runny and required a spoon for eating. Wine list is impressive. We've dined at Chop House and Ruth's Chris and chose LG's for a 31st anniversary dinner to satisfy the carnivore in each of us! LG's also gave us a complimentary chocolate cake to mark the occasion. They are our first choice for steaks.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceTmelenickVIPDined on 6/6/2014We went to LG's on Friday night. I ordered a Filet med rare and it came out well done so I sent it back 10 minutes later server brought me a rare steak, it was very cold and hardly seared. By this point my family was almost done with their dinner but the server insisted to let them try one more time. Manager brought it back and it was still rare!! We go to the LG's in LaQuinta every time we come to the desert and have always had a great experience but the Palm Springs location is just horrible. Very disappointing.
- reviewVIPDined on 6/2/2014Enjoyed our dinner here on our vacation in Palm Springs. We chose this place since my husband wanted to have the big porterhouse steak he had many many years ago. He enjoyed the steak but I think in his mind he remembered it a little more fondly. My daughter and husband had the caesar salad, they thought it was good but not great. I had the restaurant week menu, my meal was delicious, the only disappointing part was the trio of sorbet. Wow not sure if that is made in house or if it was bought, it did not taste very good at all. There is very little desserts on menu, if this was a taste of one of them....please source out a better vendor. Other than the dessert everything was tasty.Special Features: