LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
255 S. Palm Canyon Drive
Palm Springs, CA 92262Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (760) 416-1779
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Phelps 7604161779
- Special Events: Banquest facilities available for private parties
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the best by any standard. PRIME steaks have the necessary marbling, that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak-eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA Prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32 oz bone-in ribeye. 4 and 8 bone Colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "Best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs - Best Restaurants in Palm Springs ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)romantic (31)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (24)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great for steaks!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Great old-fashioned chop house. Great cuts of beef. We had the filets with blue cheese. I had it charred rare and she had hers medium rare. Prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014The food was good, not great. My husband had the filet, very tender, but did not exceed expectations. He measures every filet against his favorite from McLintocks in Pismo Beach, and this was not as flavorful. The pork chop I ordered was delicious, juicy with a nice smoky flavor. We had the Caesar salad, which was prepared table side, and it was very good. For dessert I had chocolate cake, which tasted like the frozen molten cake I buy at Safeway. The accompanying ice cream, cappuccino, was very good, creamy and more chocolate than coffe flavored. They were " out of vanilla ice cream" the night we were there, which I find difficult to understand, but that's why I had the cappuccino flavor. My husband had a very nice tira misu for his dessert. Overall, very nice ambience, we sat on the patio and the temperature was perfect. The wait staff was outstanding, and the food was good. Probably will not return again, but did enjoy the experience. We had eaten there several years ago, and it was a similar experience.Special Features:
- I can't believe I ate the wholeEnamorDined on 11/8/2014Thing. I had the 14 ounce Filet and it was wonderful. I ordered it on the rare side and the middle was a bit too red. So they brought a hot plate and that made it perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Divine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014All those who ordered the steak could not stop talking about how perfectly they were cooked. All week that's all I heard, along with the fantastic service. This was by far the best restaurant we visited during our stay there. Looking forward to returning and sampling the Tumbleweeds! My husband was especially fond of the roasted vegetables. Creme Brulee was the only disappointment as it was overcooked and not very creamy. But the Mud Pie was fantastic!! p.s. the live music (a couple with a guitar) were incredible, I could have stayed a couple more hours just listening to them!Special Features:
- Best steak and service anywhere!JulieJVIPDined on 11/8/2014It is always a treat to dine here. The food is fantastic and the service is always wonderful. I look forward to coming to the Palm Desert/Springs area and this is a must do!Special Features:
- timstedDined on 11/1/2014The Steaks were magnificent. The Chocolate cake was a nice touch for my 23rd wedding anniversary. Chip treated us like Kings and Queens.Special Features:
- Good Steak RestaurantMaryVIPDined on 10/29/2014Steaks are good here but beware the Caesar salad. We had tried it before and my recollection was that there was far too much salad dressing. I mentioned this to the waiter and he assured me that he had been making this salad for years and that it would not have too much dressing. He proceeded and the result was a salad that, in my opinion, had two to three times more dressing than I would have preferred. I ate some because it was $20 for the two of us. The rest of the meal was fine. Go on Wednesday for half price bottles of wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad steakJMann11Dined on 10/22/2014Do not order bone in rib-eye! Honestly probably the wrist steak I have ever eaten. I eat at prime steakhouses all over the country and this was among the worst - too bad since there was a Flemings , Morton's, and Rur's Chris within a a few miles. We had 2 bone in ribeyes that were terrible and one regular ribeye that tasted and looked like it was from a dairy cattle. Honestly I have had better steaks at Applebee's or outback!'Special Features:
- FantasticSuzanneDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I split the prime rib which was out of this world. We chose to split because we wanted their fantanstic cesar salad and some sides and couldn't possibly eat a whole portion of meat on top of that. We weren't made the feel badly about splitting which is very much appreciated. The food and service were both outstanding. Javier was our waiter and prepared our fabulous salad tableside. We sat out on the patio and it was so pleasant.Special Features:
- great everything!!!hawkeyeDined on 10/10/2014makes you feel special; food was perfect!!! the server was knowledgeable and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced lousy food!Motb58Dined on 10/8/2014Huge let down! lack luster service and food! Presentation of food pathetic!
- Great dining experiencecallmestuffedDined on 10/4/2014Heard mixed reviews prior to going for dinner, but was pleased none of the negative feedback was evident. A little pricey, but well worth it. Not an everyday restaurant, but if you're looking for great atmosphere, great service, excellent food, and large, well-prepared cuts of meat; LG's in Palm Springs is worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningNightstoRememberDined on 10/2/2014We look forward to enjoying some nice dinners out when visiting Palm Springs & had not tried LGs Steakhouse yet. Our dinner, starting with the Cesear salad for 2 & two excellent martinis was excellent. We were so looking forward to prime rib but didn't notice when making the on-line reservation that it is only served on Friday and Saturday nights...I was disappointed. We had filet steaks that were very good. Outside dinning makes for a fun experience, especially on Thursday night during street fair time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steaks in Palm Springs.BoansDined on 9/27/2014The ceasar salad is something you can not pass on. It's the best I've ever had. Steaks are juicy and melt in your mouth. The only thing we were disappointed in was that it was my birthday and they gave us a fantastic dessert. When the bill came, we were surprised to be charged 9.95 for the dessert. We didn't say anything , but felt like most upscale restaurants would comp the birthday dessert. At very least, we should have been told up front and given the option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LGEMlive4funDined on 9/19/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at LG's and it couldn't have been a more prefect choice! It's pricey but well worth it. Our server, Javier, was amazing; kind, informative and attentive. My husband ordered the prime rib which was plentiful and flavorful. I had the halibut which was delicious too. Make sure to order the Caesar salad for two. LG's is known for that. There are many side dishes to choose from to accompany your meal.Javier surprised us with a chocolate lava cake for our anniversary which was to die for! What a night! We highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience at LG'sSoSoDiningDined on 9/19/2014Service was outstanding but the quality of the food seems to have depreciated. My chicken was small and cold when delivered to the table. My spouse's prime rib was tender but lacked taste (bland). The costs of the side dishes are pricey as well as the desert. I have found better value at other local restaurants for less.
- Gone DownhillMcD81VIPDined on 9/18/2014I was here about a year and a half ago and it was very good. This time the food was OK and the service was OK. The Steak were well cooked, but had very little flavor. The crab cake was shredded meat and again had very little flavor. Overall, it was not work the price. Additionally, the bott;e of wine was very warn, it is not stored in at the appropriate temperature.Special Features:
- JMACDined on 9/18/2014One of the worse experiences of "fine dining" I have ecer had.. I was with my best custome and his wife, the waiter James wanted to argue with regards to how drinks would beade instead of fufilling our request.. My first Ribeye steak was cooked medium well ( ordered medium rare), second sreak came back rare.... needles to say I had a couple pieces of my wifes steak and some sides on an apetizer plate... I would like to thank LG for accepting my $300.00 dollars and not answerimg my call back the next day as well.. NEVER WILL GO BACK...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Each time we eat at LG's it is a consistently great experience. Sunday night was no exception. Our food was wonderful, the wine was great and Chip did an outstanding job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I came to Palm Springs for a little weekend getaway and LG's was recommended to us. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was excellent, the service was excellent, and the restaurant was beautiful. We would highly recommend this establishment to anyone looking to enjoy the experience of a high end, top level steakhouse and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about this placeclarkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Every time I'm in PS I forget about this place. Big martinis is a +++ good from start to finishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, subpar servicemichaelsobieDined on 8/31/2014Visiting Palm Springs, I sprung (HA!) for a nice dinner. While the food was great (nothing expected or unexpected from a traditional steakhouse), my server was terrible considering the venue. He took my order and I did not see him the rest of the evening. Busboys cleared plates and refilled water. I waited 25 minutes after my food had been cleared before I had to go to the hostess stand to request my check. Even then it was a manager with whom I dealt, not even my lazy server. Would I go back? Maybe. But if my server abandoned be a second time I can assure you the Chop House or Spencer's would be next on the list to quickly and easily replace LG's.
- Great Service!Abby1LoveDined on 8/31/2014Our waiter, Jesus was excellent, the host staff made sure to have a Happy Anniversary card and placed it on our table upon arrival( nice touch). I like the fact that they offer 1/2 side dishes since my main focus was the gigantic steak I ordered and completely devoured and would not have too much room for side dishes lol... although the creamed spinach was very tasty...and well, yeah I'm not gonna lie, what's dinner without dessert, right? So I ordered the cream brulee and did not dissapoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing to say the least!ZackDined on 8/21/2014Disappointing! Good things: Great service - the staff does an outstanding job, Nice place - inside and outside dining options, Great wine list with decent prices. Not so great: Three of us had the $47.95 summer menu which consisted of a very pedestrian salad with what tasted like inexpensive store bought dressing (the Blue Cheese dressing lacked blue cheese), an OK small fillet, a side dish of mashed potatoes which were dried out and tasteless, and some soggy veggies, desert-three scoops of sorbet on a plate. One member of our party ordered individual items and was much happier except for the tasteless potatoes and veggies. There are better options at this price point.Special Features:
- Love this steakhouseDebbieDined on 8/18/2014We have been coming here for years when we visit Palm Springs. One of the beat steakhouses in the country. The prime steaks are prepared to perfection. The Cesar Salad is a must and prepared table side. Family owned - and you feel it. The service is excellent. It's a perfect night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good; service suckedGreatbirthdayDined on 8/16/2014The food was rather tasty. They served very large portions. As mentioned in the subject the service was slow. We had to wait about 30 mins for the food to arrive and our server forgot to bring the check. We had to remind the manager that we were waiting.Special Features:
- Always GreatDawnsieDined on 8/15/2014When ever I go to Palms Springs I must go to LG's & have their 16oz lobster. The service is usually great, this time our server was a bit off. Other than that I give the overall experience 5 Stars!!Special Features:
- Friday Night DelightMomSonsNightDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time at the Palm Springs location, & it didn't disappoint. My husband & I have been to the La Quinta & Palm Desert locations several times for our anniversary. The service as well as the food have always been so phenomenal!! I took my sons this time & they Loved it!! This location is right in downtown, & is a must to visit. Can't wait to go back. 🍷cheersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience1234Dined on 8/14/2014LGs steakhouse is one of our favorite places to have dinner. Te food is amazing but we truly appreciate the level of service we receive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- email@example.comDaveDined on 8/12/2014Food, service impecable. First time dining there and definitely will return. Might be pricy, but you get what you pay for in quality and service. Thanks especially to our waiter. DaveSpecial Features:
- everything was greatluv2dineDined on 8/10/2014I went to LG,s on a first date and it was pretty perfect, other than waiting at the front for someone to seat us, but the hostess was there within after mins. The food and wine were great and ambience was perfect for a first date. I would recommend this restaurant to any of my friend or family.Special Features:
- Great mealChrisMDined on 8/9/2014Came here for a date night and was delighted with the food and service. Table-side Caesar salad was fantastic and steaks were cooked to perfection! We requested a booth table, which was intimate enough to allow for great conversation, however we were still among other groups in the main room which only added to overall ambiance. Was the perfect evening out for a nice meal and fantastic wine. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDee923Dined on 8/9/2014I came here hoping to find a new favorite steak spot, but realized that it was not worth the anticipation, nor the 100 mile drive from la. Come for a special occasion meal in Palm Springs, but don't expect the kind of steak quality that you hear about in food reviews/ on best steak lists.Special Features:
- Yum!TampasDined on 8/1/2014I'm not even a big steak eater, but the rib-eye is amazing & is large enough to feed a small family! Another thing that I'm not normally a big fan of is Caeser Salad, but they make the salad dressing from scratch at your table-side & it is so good. Make sure to order it, you will not be disappointed!Classy place that's very appropriate for special occassions.Special Features:
- birthday dinnertasteOheavenDined on 7/26/2014I went to LGS with my boyfriend for my birthday. I was thoroughly impressed with both the service and the ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Morton'sdesertdinersDined on 7/25/2014The waiter was very animated and personable. But we felt the quality of the food didn't meet our expectations relative to the cost of the meal.Special Features:
- The following 456 reviews are from the LG's Prime Steakhouse - Palm Springs reviews archive.
- AWESOME PLACE!!cindeeDined on 7/18/2014LG's has always been our favorite place to eat! Service, food, drinks.. everything is impeccable!Special Features:
- Only at LGsmrbluiyzDined on 7/18/2014No matter how many times I go to LG's or what the occasion, it just seems to find a way to get better. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- EhHtmmhVIPDined on 7/13/2014Been here before, albeit, a few years back. Not nearly as good now, as then. From cold soup to fair, at best, steak. Find someplace else, you can do better.
- Great serviceShortstuff52Dined on 7/12/2014We arrived about 20min early fir our reservation and were seated immediately. The service was fantastic and the food spectacular. Will keep you at the top of my list next time visiting Palm Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.