LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
78525 Highway 111, Ste 100
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (760) 771-9911
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Lanham 7607719911
- Special Events: One of a kind underground Wine Cellar seats up to 28 and is available for small parties. Other rooms available for banquets, weddings, graduations and engagement parties.
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the very best by any standard. Prime steaks have the necessary marbling that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32oz bone in ribeye, 4 and 8 bone colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (24)romantic (22)fit for foodies (20)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (15)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- The service was fine, waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2010The service was fine, waiter and staff were attentive and professional. For dinner, I had the surf and turf with the 14 oz filet mignon and lobster tail. The meat was cooked as ordered; medium rare. I could barely cut it with the steak knife it was so tough. The piece I was served had the nerve of the tenderloin going through the middle of it. The lobster tail was tough and dry.
- Even with giving the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2010Even with giving the wait staff leeway as it was a holiday evening (Valentine's Day), the service started out so-so and degraded to abysmal by the end of what was a very long dining experience. The food was overpriced and average given the price point. This is not the first time we've had a bad experience here, but it will be the last time we dine here.
- When we complained to theOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2010When we complained to the waiter that my husband's T-bone steak was overcooked (he had ordered medium rare), the waiter told us it was "just the light from the window" and made no effort to remedy the situation. I ordered the New York cut and it was heavy with fat and grisle. We decided not to complain further because of the waiter's indifference. It was also Valentine's Day and we were just not in the mood to argue with waiters and managers. We took both steaks home where we could see them under good light. The T-bone was cooked well done and the New York was the worst cut of that piece that I recall seeing. For a "prime" steakhouse, the beef part of our meal was poor.
- I made a reservation weeksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010I made a reservation weeks before and when I got there I still had to wait 20 minutes. Then I was given the worse table in the place, right next to a door. I ask if I could have the booth the was open but was denied. I ordered a beer and when I arrived it was a quarter head. In a high quality restaurant a waiter should not bring out a glass of beer that has been pored wrong. Also a finished bottle of wine from the previous guess was left next the table for the entire meal. This wasn't my first time at LG's but it may be my last.Special Features:
- As always, the food was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010As always, the food was fantastic. The service was a little slow. I think it took over 20 minutes to get our drinks once we sat down and our food order wasn't taken until we were 25 minutes into our seats. Other than that, everything was fine.
- For a restaurant that toutsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/13/2010For a restaurant that touts themselves as being in the Top Ten in the US, I was disappointed. We were seated in the main dining room, which was next to the (sports) bar. Very loud blowhards yelled into us all night long. It must have been so bad, that even the server couldn't hear our order correctly. They brought my mother-in-law the wrong steak and it took 20 minutes to get her order (which completely fouled up our dinner for 3 ambiance as we were left to eat our steaks separately). There was no recognition of such an egregious faux pas by the staff. I decided not to mimic the loud neighbors by complaining, it shouldn't have been necessary. Instead, I simply seethed. I don't expect that at Peter Luger's, so I'm not sure why it's ok here.
- I usually rate 5 stars forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/13/2010I usually rate 5 stars for my dining experience here. However this occasion was not on par. It took almost 20 minutes to have a waiter come to the table and the seating by the kitchen was terrible. Had to request another table, which was better located, and still noticed, even with reservations there were several vacant tables. We did not feel it this visit.Special Features:
- We dine here often and thisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2010We dine here often and this time we just had poor service compaired to the tables on both sides of us. It was nice to see others getting great service, we hardly saw our server and he didn't even go over dinner specials of the night with us prior to taking our order. Other tables were offered Crab which I would have ordered if I knew they were offered at the time.Special Features:
- Food was outstanding but theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/12/2010Food was outstanding but the service was probably the worst I've been through for that type of restaurant.Special Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/10/2010This was our second visit to LG's and the first trip to the La Quinta location. No disappointments - the petite filet was cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths. Service was wonderful. We shared a salad and a baked potato and we were both stuffed! No room for the inviting desserts! LG's is pricey - but for special occasions, well worth it! We plan to return next year for another wonderful evening!Special Features:
- LG's is a landmark restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/23/2010LG's is a landmark restaurant and is reminiscent of the old east coast steak houses-- meaning big ole chunks of beef and oversized sides. Our meal was good, but not great. The price is pretty much over the top especially in todays "new world", but we knew that going in. Somehow the food and service did not balance with the price so it left us a bit flat. They pushed the bone in ribeye, but this did not live up to the hype. Overall this is a nice place, big and impressive, but needs a little something.Special Features:
- Out of our party of 3, 2 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/20/2010Out of our party of 3, 2 people said their steak was good and one that it was awful, tough and tasteless. Service was "OK" but nothing special. The food is grossly overly priced considering the quality of the food and service. The wine list is fair but actually not as unreasonably priced as the food,
- This was our first time toilovelaVIPDined on 1/8/2010This was our first time to the La Quinta location. Newer building with more modern interior. The one constant is the quality of the food. We had a great meal. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- We celebrated our granddaughtersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2010We celebrated our granddaughters 6th birthday and the staff made her feel really special. She talked about her "special date" all weekend. Our dinner of the petite filet was wonderful, cooked to our specifications and very tender.Special Features:
- Granted it was New Year'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2009Granted it was New Year's Eve, but the service was disappointing. We have eaten at the LG's in Palm Desert before and found it far superior to the one in La Quinta.
- We have dined here the pastOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2009We have dined here the past three years on our New Year's Eve wedding anniversary when down from Canada and have thoroughly enjoyed. Each year we find the service and food excellent for our liking. Always consistent, always plentiful servings.Special Features:
- The food was amazing! (RibeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2009The food was amazing! (Ribeye and lobster tail) The service was perfect: attentive without being too much. One small item was not brought with the meal, but the waiter had it there in less than a minute! A little pricey ($210 for two, including tip), but a great place to indulge.Special Features:
- LG's is by far my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/28/2009LG's is by far my favorite steak house. We go everytime we are in the desert. Steaks are unbeatable and the service is top notch. Order the ceasar salad...they make it table side from scratch.Special Features:
- we had a outstanding dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/27/2009we had a outstanding dinner. We look forward to our next dinner at LG's. It's our favorite steakhouse.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2009Excellent food, service and really nice ambiance. Would definitely recommend. Steak was cooked perfectly and delicious, vegetables and salad were yummy and if we had room after our meal, the dessert selection looked fantastic.Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/18/2009This was our first visit to LG's. Compared to other steak houses in the Palm Springs area LG's does not offer the quality and value of let's say the Chop House or the Falls. The prices are all al a carte and frankly the bill adds up pretty quickly. The total dinner price is likely 20-30% higher than comparable restaurants. It is not worth this upcharge. Seems like they are going after the visitor/vacationer and not the local residents like us. My prime rib was average. We will not be returning.
- It was our first visit tonittanycolonialVIPDined on 12/8/2009It was our first visit to this LG's and it was quite enjoyable. The location is very convenient and the food was very good. We were both impressed with the decor of the place and the noise was moderate but you were still able to hold a conversation at your own table. We would definitely return again.Special Features:
- Great experience. Our firstOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/4/2009Great experience. Our first visit to LG's and we would definitely return. the waiter and staff were courteous, helpful, efficient but not overbearing.
- A great place for a specialDressagedivaDined on 11/21/2009A great place for a special dinner. Impeccable service, superb steaks, and the tableside-prepared Caesar salad is the best!Special Features:
- My steak was cooked perfectlyKGirlDined on 11/14/2009My steak was cooked perfectly and was excellent. However, my husband's steak was overcooked and just not that good. The appetizer that we ordered (Ahi) was only OK. The side dishes were not that great. The green beans had a very strange seasoning to them and the potatoes with onion was just OK. Service was very good, but couldn't make up for the not so great food. Next time I would go to Ruth's Chris.Special Features:
- Awesome. Have been going toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/13/2009Awesome. Have been going to LG's for 13 years and have had the same server!! Go to La Quinta, and get a table in Joe's section! Thank you Guys!!!!Special Features:
- LG's always is top notch!missnutzVIPDined on 10/31/2009LG's always is top notch! Love this place, been going for years to the Palm Desert location. We have a place in LaQuinta now so we are thrilled there's an LG's there also. Never misses with the best steaks ever! Joe the head waiter from Palm Desert was at our service and he is fabulous. Our party was pleased at the Prix Fixe menu, smaller portions for the ladies. The men of course went for the larger cuts like Bone in Ribeye. My Petit Filet was like butter.. yummm. Service was timely and attentive to all our special requests.Special Features: