LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
78525 Highway 111, Ste 100
La Quinta, CA 92253Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lgsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7607719911x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Moe Tello
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: There are 3 rooms available for private dining depending on your needs with seating capacities from 30- 130 people. Set menu available upon request.
- Private Party Contact: Karen Lanham 7607719911
- Special Events: One of a kind underground Wine Cellar seats up to 28 and is available for small parties. Other rooms available for banquets, weddings, graduations and engagement parties.
A word from LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta
Why do we call ourselves LG's Prime Steakhouse? Quite simply because PRIME is the very best by any standard. Prime steaks have the necessary marbling that imparts a unique combination of taste and texture which defines the ultimate steak eating experience. Owner Gail Greenberg presides over every detail to ensure that quality and service will exceed expectations. Serving only USDA prime beef, dry aged on the premises. Highlights from the menu include the "Jewel in the Crown" our 24 oz dry aged porterhouse, the enormous 32oz bone in ribeye, 4 and 8 bone colorado rack of lamb and fresh seafood. Winner of Zagats "best steak in town" award and a permanent fixture on Tom Horan's top ten list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta - Best Restaurants in La Quinta ›
LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Two for the price of one24dinnerVIPDined on 10/14/2014What does that review title mean ? You are never disappointed at LG's. Besides the extraordinary taste, service, and choices, SIZE is what matters here. Order a jumbo Shrimp cocktail appetizer and it's two for you and two for the wife. Order " a not to be believed" bone in Rib Eye, char grilled to perfection, to share with your BW [ beautiful wife ] with two small sides, and homeward bound is half the steak for the next nights dinner .Buy some fresh sides,make a salad, pour two glasses of Prosecco and OH ,what a second night. Best steak in the USA in Indian Wells,Ca.and Palm Springs too. ENJOY !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort FoodLuv2eatDined on 10/4/2014Best place for a sure bet of comfort food. All the standards for a steakhouse. A real west coast gem. Ambiance at La Quinta LG is best for a nice quiet dinner. Delicious, hot and well served meal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LG'S PrimedindinDined on 9/26/2014I visit La Quinta every ýear. It always include a trip to LG'S! I have been dining there for 15 years. Excellent every single time. The table side Caesar Salad is a must. Had the 14 oz. Fillet cooked to perfection along with a side of sauteed mushrooms and the red wine reduction sauce. Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!mrobe10sDined on 9/26/2014LG's is our favorite restaurant in the Palm Desert area and it's our "special occasion" go to place. The steaks are top notch but the various side dishes are stellar too. Our favorites are the mac & cheese, deep fried green beans and the wagon wheel onion rings. Make sure you get the table made Caesar salad for two but realize it's easily enough for four people which is what we did. Not for those on a tight budget but well worth the occasional splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteaksDonTDined on 9/25/2014The very best steaks around the desert and the beer battered shrimp was improved 100% from the last visit. We enjoyed it all so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime - PrimeJoeyVLongIslandDined on 9/19/2014Excellent Local Steakhouse with one of the very best Bone-In Ribeye I have ever eaten. Enough for dinner and some leftover for Steak and Eggs the next Day morning! Up there with the best of them with great food and great staff. My only regrets were I couldn't try the 49'er and there was no room for the mouth watering Apple Pie for dessert.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerVanzDined on 9/13/2014I had dinner there for my birthday. It's was a nice restaurant low lit not to loud perfect for a special occasion. The service was excellent, the only problem I have was with the lobster, it was a bit tough and chewy. The steak melted in my mouth, it was one of the best I've had. The onion rings n soup was amazingly delicious too, but if I were to go back I would avoid the $70 steak and lobster plate.Special Features:
- Freddie was GREAT!frdiegVIPDined on 9/13/2014I've been eating at LG's for 19 years. It's great, and I always request one of Freddie's tables. Previously i ate at PD LD's but when it closed, I started going to La Quinta LG's. Still would have preferred PD location, more intimate setting.Special Features:
- A Great EveningfinefoodloverDined on 9/6/2014We had an 8:30 reservation, but they were very hospitable when we arrived at 8, and they immediately showed us to a wonderfully located booth. The caesar salad was made at the table, a rare experience these days, and it was outstanding. The filet was perfect and although it is sometimes difficult to differentiate steak house offerings, this steak was at the top. And LG's offered rack of lamb, and it was a wonderful selection. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attention to DetailbestdiningDined on 9/5/2014We arrived to LG's with an expectation of the restaurant to be upscale and conservative. We had wonderful experience for my husbands birthday. We were presented with a card from LG's which made it very special. Waiting staff was beyond exceptional. I can't say enough about the staff's customer service. My husband and I are pretty big on customer service and we both stated that the customer service was great. The food came out in a timely manner. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Although the prices are quite high the food and service make up for it. TerrificSpecial Features:
- LG'S Steakhouse...La Quintat0pcometVIPDined on 8/31/2014My wife and and I had a wonderful meal! However, I was very disappointed in your wine list! Although very extensive in length, it was totally restricted in variety (unless you are a Californian wine junkie!) I understand this is California, but really?? There are so many good wines from all over the world, especially in Europe. Like you didn't offer one Chianti? or Beaujolais Villages? unbelievable! ... one of these would complimented the overwhelmingly delicious, mouth watering prime steak!!!Special Features:
- WONDERFULPerfectDined on 8/30/2014WAS A WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE THE MENU AND SERVICE WAS GREAT !Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Went for our friend's Anniversary. Best tasting steak I've ever had! Service was outstanding..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its all about the service...Dying2cmeDined on 8/29/2014The service is outstanding! Feels like Cheers...they are happy to see you again...and again! From the valet staff opening up the front door...the greeters seating us...the servers...the waiter...the food...all first class...we will be back soon!Special Features:
- desertfoodieDined on 8/9/2014LG's will always be one of our Favorite Restaurants in the desert area! Staff is personable, food is outstanding and the portions are large enough to have left-overs to enjoy for lunch/dinner the next day. It is pricey, but you "get what you pay for!" We always recommend LG's to any visitors heading to the Palm Springs area!Special Features:
- Delicious!blueingreenVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another wonderful dinner--we always do the table-side Caesar with martinis, then move to steak and a few sides with a red wine... One of our absolute favorite places. Service is fantastic, food is delicious, wine list is great--always a treat.Special Features:
- LindaLindyDined on 7/18/2014We had a very delicious dinner! Escargot was so delicious and the steaks were awesome. Had mudd pie for dessert and loved it! Nice, generous pour on a glass wine and service was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Filet MignonroysVIPDined on 7/16/2014Their Summer 3 course meal is a fantastic deal complimented by wine Wednesday's, 50% off great wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love me some LG'srovertdDined on 7/7/2014First time back in 10 years and LG's is just as good as it was back then. Service was a little slow given it was a Monday night but it allowed us to take our time and enjoy the relative emptiness of the restaurant (and each other!). A couple drinks followed by the bone-in ribeye for me and filet the for the misses and we were in prime-red-meat-heaven :) Don't miss LG's when you're in the desert! You'll be sorry.Special Features:
- Not a good mealDbrookmaVIPDined on 7/4/2014This just wasn't a good meal on the 4th of July. Not everyone at steak, so the non meat eaters ordered fish which was not fresh, over cooked, and the waiter admitted it wasn't fresh. How can you open a restaurant with non-fresh ingredients? If you can keep the items fresh, then don't carry them, or close in the off season.
- The following 597 reviews are from the LG's Prime Steakhouse - La Quinta reviews archive.
- DisappointingJoelandJorriDined on 6/25/2014My husband and I were disappointed in this place. We went for our anniversary on a Wed night. Wed are supposed to be 1/2 off which I thought was a nice bonus. So after being seated and presented with the wine menu I mentioned the 1/2 off and they're like, oh! let me get you the 'special' wine menu. It seems they greatly inflate the prices of the wine on the 'special' menu. Not good. The menu is a la carte, so if I'm paying $8 for a baked potato I want it to be good. Hot. A nice presentation? We got none of that. An extra charge for bacon. Errr. The bone-in rib eye was a monster but had to be sent back because it was still mooing a little. The bone-in new york was just a disappointment all the way around. Kind of like our whole experience.
- Best Steak dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Great service, Great food , incredible steaks.It was a perfect dinner after a day of golf in La QuintaSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Dining ExperienceJeffDined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed very much our dinner at LG's La Quinta. Steaks were prepared precisely to order. Our waiter, Joe, was very helpful and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PriceBarbniteoutDined on 6/19/2014A bit over priced and I really don't care for restaurants that charge so much and nothing is included such as salad or veggies. Salads were very overpriced as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tender SteaksEnvyDined on 6/17/2014Great steaks! Celebrated our anniversary with great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love LG's!blueingreenVIPDined on 6/17/2014Had a wonderful dinner here with an out-of-town guest. Our server, Javier, was just great and made us a delicious Caesar salad table-side. The steaks were yummy, and I loved the mashed potatoes. And the mud pie! One of my favorite places, with the added bonus of an excellent, steak-friendly wine list.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceMayraDined on 6/15/2014The food is exquisite. The attention and service we received from the waiter is superb. I have been at LGs on four different occasion and every time I am greeted by pleasant & polite staff and I have received great service. On three of our four visits we have received service from the same waiter who has done an extraordinary job. The food is somewhat price but very well worth it! LG's is my go to restaurant when I want to eat steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okMcjonesDined on 6/15/2014Many other steak houses in the desert that have a nice club feeling...LG's is not one of them. And at $70.00 per person without any drinks...not what we expected. Everything was just so-so.
- JeffsHereDined on 6/14/2014It was a slow Saturday night at LGs. I asked for a quiet table during reservation. We were seated in the middle of the dining room while cozy booths went unoccupied. I asked to speak to manager and spoke to LG grandson. Completely unhelpful, uninterested in my concerns. Needs a lesson or two in customer service. Grandpa must be turning in his grave. Waiters were very pushy and intrusive. At one point he just stood at our table while those at our table were deep in discussion...."just waiting for u to finish talking so I can tell u about our specials" he said rudely. Are u kidding me?? A porterhouse and a ribeye steak were tough and mediocre. The kabobs were average. We left promptly due to the impatient service. $300 wasted.
- Always excellentnancyoflaquintaDined on 6/7/2014as usual the food was absolutely perfect as was the service and ambience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisejimhabDined on 6/7/2014My setting was near the bar, unable to talk because of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/6/2014We went to LG's to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and it was fantastic , great service and the food to match . The staff brought us a complimentary desert and waited on us hand and foot. Fantastic evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the entire experienceLQTENADined on 6/1/2014Celebrated our 30th. We're very happy with the food, service and over all experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as advertisedNewtVIPDined on 5/24/2014Our first visit to LGs. As a part time resident of the desert, we saw their ads numerous times. It was our 35th wedding anniversary and we wanted somewhere special and liked the sound of a local gem. The experience was everything they said about themselves. The Caesar salad prepared tableside was awesome. The steaks to die for. Service was impeccable. Thanks LG! You made it a celebration to remember.Special Features:
- Steak cuts like butter!WitchawomnDined on 5/23/2014Of all the steakhouses I've been to, LG's is one of my favorites. Steak is delicious!Special Features:
- Very good ambiencetpoppinsDined on 5/23/2014Great service and really good food. The inside of restaurant was a lot bigger than it looks on the outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic/but funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/20/2014I would definitely go back. It was our first time. Loved the bar and could easily go for an appetizer and a glass of wine. The food was great.Special Features:
- Amazing RestarauntGreatEatsDined on 5/20/2014Our waiter Armando was the best. Very engaging, met our needs and went above and beyond. The best food and best service we have ever had compared to any High End Steak House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealReneeYDined on 5/17/2014The prime rib was great. We had green beans, roasted garlic mash potatoes and cauliflower au gratin - The best surprise was the piece of lemon cheesecake they brought out for my birthday ---delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.